Do you want MVB at Milan?

• yes

Votes: 49 57.6%
  • nain

Votes: 36 42.4%

• Total voters
E

Esoteric

Bring him, just having him on the bench with his huge character, spark and legacy will kill all our opponents morally and bring so much class to the team. Pato will turn into a Ronaldo. Gattuso will grow 4 years back. Flamini will turn into a Deschamp and Huntelaar will turn into Van Basten himself.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
What we need is a coach with a knack for building teams. Coaches like Van Gaal ... who can come in and make a competitive team from scratch + know how to integrate youth. Is MVB this kinda coach?

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Not convinced with him as a coach. I hope really hope (in case he becomes our coach) he is a "won't take shit from the management" type of coach...but then at the end of the day so was Leo and look what Berlu has done with him each time he rebels from being a yesman type of coach.

Response to hearing the transfer budget?!

:D

lol, nice

But to be fair, many have no idea what Italy's finacial picture looks like nor do they even understand it.

My work or business has to do with finance or better yet world commodities, and honestly B has no choice but to take the stature he has with the euro and Italian economy being what it is.

It is easy being an arm chair fan and demanding this transfer and that and persecuting B for being a negligent owner, but most have no idea what they are talking about or have any relevance in their argument/plea other than they are unhappy Milan is not winning or buying any new players. They cannot fathom economic situation and the effect it has on the transfer of money from country to country. A euro is euro but it all depends on the country it is being transferred in and their economic status.

I do not blame B for taking the measures he has. It is neither economically feasible or viable to make the transactions fans are calling for. It is literally impossible. And nobody is going to spoon feed fans with economic and financial forecasts, facts, and budgets because most will not bother crunching the numbers or even give an f, because all they are concerned about is the team winning with no regards or thought that the team ultimately is a business to the owner with a multitude of fiscal responsibilities and problems. Fiscal responsibilities or problems they will never be bothered with. The only thing they are bothered with is the need to vent their frustration and critique of managerial skills towards them when Milan looses. That obviously passes within an hour and they go on worrying about their school work or whatever other minuscule problems they have while Milan Inc. has to worry about pleasing them next week. We all feel entitled because we bought a jersey and watch them on tv here and there and fuck them because they are uber rich because they sold Kaka, lol.

Everyone understands football clubs are not bought to make profits, but if you have to go on the heavy minus to support them I would stop and ask for revisions to the clubs budget too. Fiscally, it is the only responsible thing to do.

Honestly, with Italy's economic picture and future obviously based on speculation regarding other bigger world markets direction that basically dictate the future of Italy, B and Milan will be the last man standing and the likes of the Inter's and Roma's and Juve's will be begging to stay afloat with their level of leverage.

This is true, but there's a small tiny thing. We're not asking him to spend lots of cash on Milan, but with a budget of 15 millions assigned for Milan to spend (and let's face him and Marina are the ones that decide how much budget for transfer market is assigned to the club and they decide what to do with the money Milan makes), there's little we can do, ok we could've gotten Cissokho (who B. didn't want, yes M84 B. didn't want him), or Sneijder...but it would still not be enough to make this team more competitive, it would've improve us (which isn't the case with KJH), but if he would've at least added other 30 millions...seriously it's a debt he could live with (and usually having a manageable debt is not a bad thing for a company).

Last edited:

Dutchie-Milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
People are out of their fucking mind to want MVB at Milan as coach,only the people who live in Holland know how fucking terrible he is.

Guys who want him at Milan is because:

1.They hate Leo and think he can do more with this mediocre squad
2.Think that MVB will convince Berlu to spend which will give us a better squad,even if MVB gets fired we will have a coach who has a good squad then(WISHFUL THINKING)
3.They lived in some kind of cave and really think he is a good coach.

I dont know where some of you get those silly arguments that he has done a 'good' job at Holland NT....because it was a very dissapointment what he did with Holland.

WC 2006:Knocked out in the first knockout stages by a lesser opponent(Portugal,with C.Ronaldo injured after a few minutes...),Europa Cup 2008:Knocked out in the first knock out stages by a lesser opponent(Russia).He had a GREAT squad at disposal,but do you know why he got knocked out??Because he got outclassed by better tacticans,Hiddink in 2008 and Scolari in 2006.

Then he went to Ajax and i dont even want to talk about the mess he caused there,the new coach Martin Jol is still trying to sort it out......

THE ONLY THING he achieved were three great games at Euro 2008 in the group stages,but that doesnt count now does it,he went to the knockout stages and immediately sended home by Russia,even Donadoni got Italy to knockout stages,but he was criticised....

So please stop the MVB is good crap,because he is not,he hasnt achieved anything in his fucking miserable career,gets knocked out at big tournaments,and buys the wrong players.

MilanMarkus

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
What we need is a coach with a knack for building teams. Coaches like Van Gaal ... who can come in and make a competitive team from scratch + know how to integrate youth. Is MVB this kinda coach?

No, he is not. MVB was not fired at Ajax. MVB decided to quit Ajax after dissapointing results admitting he did not know how to improve his team. His time with the Dutch national team also was characterized by mixed results.

MVB is simply not a solution at the moment.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Guys who want him at Milan is because:

1.They hate Leo and think he can do more with this mediocre squad
2.Think that MVB will convince Berlu to spend which will give us a better squad,even if MVB gets fired we will have a coach who has a good squad then(WISHFUL THINKING)
3.They lived in some kind of cave and really think he is a good coach.
Good points.

I didn't follow Ajax all that much under him, but I watched a few games here and there. They weren't too impressive, I agree.

And, I don't think having MVB as coach will magically make Berlu open his wallet. We're better off trying to slash the wage bill + then see how the extra resources we will get, as a result, will be spent.

Regarding you criticisms of his Dutch NT career ... aren't you a little biased because of his poor performances? :tongue:
No, he is not. MVB was not fired at Ajax. MVB decided to quit Ajax after dissapointing results admitting he did not know how to improve his team. His time with the Dutch national team also was characterized by mixed results.

MVB is simply not a solution at the moment.
Are you also Dutch?

I can't really state my opinion ... because I didn't follow his Ajax career to well, and don't consider his time at the NT as very relevant. Its a completely different beast ... Internation football ... to club football.

Anyway, no doubt Milan needs an intelligent coach. One who can make the most out of the resources at his disposal. If MVB comes, he'll probably have little more resources to work with than he had at Ajax ... but not that much more.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
For Sure we need experienced intelligent + Tactical coach to bring up Milan again, and I don't see these features on Marco Van Basten.

takahan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
No, because Van Basten is no better than Leo, we will end up with the same result which I see no point in getting rid of Leo.
2nd reason
It is better to remember Van Basten as a legend of Milan, rather than a medicore member of Milan. Leonardo just experienced it, please do not make history repeat again.

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I am also not convinced about MVB being our coach.
We need more proven coach to start changing things and who can provide bit of consistency like Carlo did.

I think he will be an improvement on Leo tho. Leo just made his mistakes MVB hopefully learned on his experience.

MVB>Galli, Tasotti

By choosing Leo we lost best scout.
By choosing others we may fuck youth up.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
id like to keep Leo however i dont mind if MVB comes in because he has experience and maybe Berlu has a soft spot for him and will make a big signing

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The only reason people want Marco to come is not cos he will do any coachn better than Leo, but it is with some hope that Berlu won't let his fav boy embarassed too with this useless squad and will spend some cash.

Krash

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
If Milan is not gonna spend then I wouldn't want him to come, it will only dent his image.

whiterabbit

Galliani sucks big time
Reaction score
why is this an official thread? Did he already signed with us? If this is true b should be legally declared irresponsible

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Van Basten: No to Milan
"Ankle k.o. no trains"
The former AC Milan striker: "I'm ready, I have an ankle problem and I have to solve. I can not do heavy work such as that of the coach, for which you have to be free in the head. But I read the hypothesis Rossoneri , nice idea, now I think the ankle, then everything is possible "

MILAN, May 10, 2010 - "I'm not ready I have a ankle problem and I have to solve. I can not do heavy work such as that of the coach, for which you have to be free in my head." Marco Van Basten responds to questions about his candidacy for the bench in Milan. The Dutchman is matched by the company Rossoneri days. "I'm here and I enjoy the golf, then after we see what happens. I always had a good relationship with Berlusconi but those are other speeches. Sure, I read the hypothesis Milan, nice idea. The people of Milan and AC Milan I was nice, but now I have this problem with the ankle and does not seem right to see a coach who limps into camp. Now I think the ankle, then everything is possible. "

on Tassotti - Tassotti? are convinced that it is a great coach, a man with such experience who understands the people and culture of Milan, would surely be able to coach a team like that and the same applies to other names that I read, such as Filippo Galli.

about Leonardo - Leonardo? has done well so far, the company had sold so many players but managed to win third place. His was a great performance, then made his choice, which I know nothing. "

OBJECTIVES MILAN - "What is missing in milan? Depends on what goals, if you bet to win the Champions League or miss her, not AC Milan 10 years ago."

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/SerieA/Milan/10-05-2010/van-basten-no-milan-603928776587.shtml

Good for him. He has a reputation here. Why risk it all and coach a team whos administration is in such chaos that is bringing the likes of Yepes and mancini:proud:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
The only reason people want Marco to come is not cos he will do any coachn better than Leo, but it is with some hope that Berlu won't let his fav boy embarassed too with this useless squad and will spend some cash.

Hate to be a party pooper but ... wishful thinking, IMO.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I would love it if Capello came 2 milan. Phenomenal coach and the kind of character that would obviously get respected by berlu. Van basten just didnt prove much yet on the coaching side part of the dutch team playing great in the euro08 group stages. Capello though earned his respect with berlu + is one of the top coaches right now. Whats his situation with england. Didnt he say something about leaving @ the end of the wc?. If he does leave than i really hope he comes here.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
MVB has been clear he won't come unless it's a 'serious project' and i think he elluded to Ajax as example of not type of job he wanted to get into again... So basically, if he comes it's a sign we'll sign some players. So in that regard. Let's hope he comes!

Only hope is fact Silvio's love to Van Basten is like Galliani's love for Leo. Major man-love. Possibly homo

About his coaching, I think he took dutch NT job and came out guns blazing and pissed off people like Clarence and Van Nistelrooy, but he evolved as a coach, they made up etc. He's pretty strict and knows what he wants/likes. I don't think he takes kindly to laziness or status. This is probably hardest part for ex-world class players. they were so good, and typically worked so hard they cannot understand players who don't.

Last edited:
E

Esoteric

stop saying Milan will bring mancini !!!!!
Seriously, this is all just routine talk. Milan will bring Pedro Leon over Mancini anytime. They still need to pay like 5 Million for Mancini why would they take him over Leon with only few more millions ? That's just one example. Stop being this awfully pessimistic.

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Capello if I remember correctly from an interview said this is his last coaching role. And again like M84 said of MVB will not come to Milan unless we have some kind of plan for the future which starts in his first year. So very little to no chance of him coming.
If Leo leaves, either MVB will come if Berlu has serious man love for him and will invest in the squad and give a squad f MVB's liking or Galli/Tassotti or someone like Allegri used to coaching mid table sides will come who will be satisfied just to coach a team of Milan's stature and won't have many demands for tranfers.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Berlu will not invest because ... 2010 will be a bad year for the whole world economically. Mafia or not, Berlu doesn't have unlimited resources of money from oil or bank money ...

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
lol MVB :D

ankle story , he is awesome as a person and as a player

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Van Basten: "Leo Bravo, AC Milan is not same as 10 years ago"

Van Basten: "Leo Bravo, AC Milan is not same as 10 years ago"
9cc2055c91d9175873207d8c840b524b-1273515422.jpeg

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
I would love it if Capello came 2 milan. Phenomenal coach and the kind of character that would obviously get respected by berlu. Van basten just didnt prove much yet on the coaching side part of the dutch team playing great in the euro08 group stages. Capello though earned his respect with berlu + is one of the top coaches right now. Whats his situation with england. Didnt he say something about leaving @ the end of the wc?. If he does leave than i really hope he comes here.

didn't he once said that he won't be coaching Milan again after that poor return season he has??? :conf: I think it was the season we bought Leo from PSG and those Ajax players

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
As much as I would really like to see MvB as Milan coach, I don't think it's a good move. IMHO, he's too naive. He's very steeped in the Ajax dogma of attack is always better than defense where he'll be eaten alive by solid tacticians in Serie A. He's tactically hopeless as we can see in WC 06 game vs Portugal.

If he will coach Milan, we will see a very offensive Milan side capable of scoring goals but will also concede a lot of goals, similar to Lecce in 03/04 season under Zeman.

Rijkaard for me is better.

Schedule