Ricardo Rodriguez Thread

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
RR has always been a solid LB even before Milan and he started out well here. I 100% agree he shouldn't start over Theo but you have to wonder why every signing who comes here always eventually does poorly? To me it suggests that Milan's real problem (and has been for a long time) is management and coaching

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
RR has always been a solid LB even before Milan and he started out well here. I 100% agree he shouldn't start over Theo but you have to wonder why every signing who comes here always eventually does poorly? To me it suggests that Milan's real problem (and has been for a long time) is management and coaching

nah, he's shit

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I am sick of people saying he is solid defensively, if that is all required then we could find a primavera player or someone from one of the lesser sides to purchase and pay the minimum.

I am just so sick and tired of his play. It gives nothing and hampers us too much. He is slow, he is one footed so what. Other players are also slow and limited and still put themselves about. There was a play yesterday where Suso ended up on the left with possession and Rodriguez didnt even go wide or run forward to create space, it was like he wasnt even interested... and that is basic football. The majority of the time when he has the ball he puts his own team under pressure and releases it off the opposition.

I see no reason for him to remain at the club

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Solid what? He always loses his attaker/winger, always ends up behind them on crosses. His positioning on crosses and through balls is embarrassing

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
:head:It's sad to see a player that use to play with so much confidence, play like this. It's time to utilize Hernandez.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I am sick of people saying he is solid defensively, if that is all required then we could find a primavera player or someone from one of the lesser sides to purchase and pay the minimum.

I am just so sick and tired of his play. It gives nothing and hampers us too much. He is slow, he is one footed so what. Other players are also slow and limited and still put themselves about. There was a play yesterday where Suso ended up on the left with possession and Rodriguez didnt even go wide or run forward to create space, it was like he wasnt even interested... and that is basic football. The majority of the time when he has the ball he puts his own team under pressure and releases it off the opposition.

I see no reason for him to remain at the club

+1

I'm saying this as one of those fools who've advocated his usefulness based on defensive contribution earlier. One of the mest uninspiring players I've seen wear the jersey.

He looks so pathetic while running on the ball. Always the safest possible solution, and on the off chance he tries to dribble even the opponent knows where he'll go before he knows himself.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
+1

I'm saying this as one of those fools who've advocated his usefulness based on defensive contribution earlier. One of the mest uninspiring players I've seen wear the jersey.

He looks so pathetic while running on the ball. Always the safest possible solution, and on the off chance he tries to dribble even the opponent knows where he'll go before he knows himself.
He runs awkwardly but it's not true opponents know how to stop him. He was our major outlet when passing from the back. He holds the ball very well in tough situations. Offensively he was non existent. Lots of people were hyping up his crosses and free kicks, was very disappointed.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Better as a CB in a back 3 than an actual LB.

How much did we get for him? Pls let it be more than 3m..

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Yeah, decent as LCB, but fuck me it was so painful to watch him as LB.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Mediocre player, offered nothing offensively and suspect defensively. We massively overpaid for him and sold him for peanuts. Hopefully we wont make many more signings like this in future.

Good luck at Torino.