Who will make the final?

• Total voters

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
what he did....?

you mean gift a PK to win the game? I'm sick of this crap... what suarez did was a red card and he got it. Don't be bitter cause gyan choked then ghana choked

what suarez did was smart ad right play. He took a bullet, got his punishment. It's no different than when a defender takes a red for fouling a player on a sure goal (Wide open net)
The thing is that he is proud of it. He's talking about a second hand of god. I agree everybody would have done the same but bragging about is a bit disgusting.

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
At times like these i wish we had penalty goals ...like in rugby ,i mean stopping a certain goal and giving a PK where the keeper has a chance and is not certain to score....where is the advantage in that ....????

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
At times like these i wish we had penalty goals ...like in rugby ,i mean stopping a certain goal and giving a PK where the keeper has a chance and is not certain to score....where is the advantage in that ....????

Like goaltending in basketball? Yeah not a bad idea at all....

still PKs should be automatic. I think i read on bbc or something, over 80% of pk's go in. It's just like a 1 on 1 with keeper in flow of game... you gotta take advantage of those opportunities.

Sucks but you do

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
Just heard Tabarez is a selvdeclared Communist. Wonder how Silvio came to hire him???

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
Like goaltending in basketball? Yeah not a bad idea at all....

still PKs should be automatic. I think i read on bbc or something, over 80% of pk's go in. It's just like a 1 on 1 with keeper in flow of game... you gotta take advantage of those opportunities.

Sucks but you do

not familiar with that :conf:.....yeah i guess some PK are actually not valid if you consider someone fouling a player on the edge of the box when he was "never" going to score etc but in said case it was a certainty and thats where the goal should be given with the player sent off

.....another thing OT: the whole robben/players diving case could be averted if they had match officials to cite players for serious foul play and punishment should be dealt with suspensions ...short term will mean a lot more suspensions but long term players will be more disciplined ...leading to more goals .....leading to players not diving and reduce the amount of talented glass players retiring early ...offcourse the decisions will be taken to a panel and the victim could also state his case of innocence etc

too much but wth

edit :yes like goaltending

Last edited:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The thing is that he is proud of it. He's talking about a second hand of god. I agree everybody would have done the same but bragging about is a bit disgusting.

Of course he is proud. He saved his country. He keeped them in the WC. Sacrificed himself for a team. That's what he is suposed to do.

It's funny to see people talk about morality now, and even talk about change the rules when the rules don't go in favour of his favorite team.

And what about the offside in the first shot? What about the foul that never existed? No complain about that?

adriancg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Buffon, Fábregas, Rino, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Zidane, Kaká, R9, Pato, Agüero, Thiago Silva, Jovetic
Not to mention there was prior offside in the Suarez play. And that the freekick was nonexistent.

EDIT: Right I just read the last bit of Sven's post lol

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Of course he is proud. He saved his country. He keeped them in the WC. Sacrificed himself for a team. That's what he is suposed to do.

It's funny to see people talk about morality now, and even talk about change the rules when the rules don't go in favour of his favorite team.
Just like you are doing when it is in favour of your team?

In South America they do everything to win a match, litteraly everything.

You are talking about morality. Can you decide for me if i think this is cheating? Can you decide for me if i think it's a disgrace that he is bragging about it? Or is your opinion that he is a hero and can you let me have mine?

And what about the offside in the first shot? What about the foul that never existed? No complain about that?
I don't know. Also i'm not judging Suarez that he did it. He just did, its not his fault the penalty was missed. The only thing i am complaining about is that he is bragging about it. Thats not the why i would be very proud of to win.

Btw. Can't the Suarez thing be discussed in the Uruguay - Ghana topic? He is suspended for this match.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just like you are doing when it is in favour of your team?

In South America they do everything to win a match, litteraly everything.

You are talking about morality. Can you decide for me if i think this is cheating? Can you decide for me if i think it's a disgrace that he is bragging about it? Or is your opinion that he is a hero and can you let me have mine?

I don't know. Also i'm not judging Suarez that he did it. He just did, its not his fault the penalty was missed. The only thing i am complaining about is that he is bragging about it. Thats not the why i would be very proud of to win.

Btw. Can't the Suarez thing be discussed in the Uruguay - Ghana topic? He is suspended for this match.

All that was clear for me, I just figured that I quoted your post but wrote about other from the second paragraph onward.

Anyway, this discussion is outdated already. Let's move on.

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
Yeah, those savages who would r*** c****** if it meant winning a match :rolleyes:

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Last thing i have to say on the matter, Suarez took a 100% certain goal and made it into a not so certain thing. People say that he didnt cheat because he got red carded, which is bull because if it wasnt for what suarez did, they would have lost. Thats plain and simple cheating. The most disgusting thing of all is the way fifa are only giving him a one match ban. Wtf seriously fifa grow some balls and ban the player for a year along with the rest of the diving cheats so we can have a cleaner game. It doesnt surprise me that the diving/cheating teams like spain/uruagay/netherlands have made it this far. To me this world cup has been full of bad referring and cheating which is sad.

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
Last thing i have to say on the matter, Suarez took a 100% certain goal and made it into a not so certain thing. People say that he didnt cheat because he got red carded, which is bull because if it wasnt for what suarez did, they would have lost. Thats plain and simple cheating. The most disgusting thing of all is the way fifa are only giving him a one match ban. Wtf seriously fifa grow some balls and ban the player for a year along with the rest of the diving cheats so we can have a cleaner game. It doesnt surprise me that the diving/cheating teams like spain/uruagay/netherlands have made it this far. To me this world cup has been full of bad referring and cheating which is sad.
If it's a goal Ghana cheats too, because one of their players was off side before Suarez even handles that ball:o
simple right?;)

Luis Fabiano handles the ball before scoring against Ivori coast, hell he get's a goal and not even a card:o

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
Haters Ghana Hate.

if you wanna blame, blame Gyan because fuck up 95% chance to win.

and as above me said, appiah already offside to, if anything uruguay is the one who disadvantaged by referee.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

It's stupid to get into this but ...

a) It was offside and there should have been a whistle before the incident;
b) have you heard interviews with Ghana supporters? They don't seem to make a fuzz about that incident. Also just look at the reactions Ghana players had when they got the penalty;
c) Kewell got a one game ban in this tournament for what referee saw a deliberate handball on the line. It would be shambles to have a different ban for what in the FIFA review is the same foul;
d) Suarez made a foul and it didn't go unnoticed. It got the right, severest penalty of the book.

It would only be a debate if it had gone unnoticed. Even then there is still the offside ...

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen

That's why there is a red card involved.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Bert van Marwijk

Bert van Marwijk Profile

120.jpg

Birthplace: Deventer, Netherlands
Previous Clubs: FC Herderen; RKVCL Limmel; SV Meerssen; Fortuna Sittard; Borussia Dortmund; Feyenoord
Honours: KNVB Cup: 2008; UEFA Cup: 2002

While he was perhaps not most fans' first choice to lead the Oranje, a 100% record in qualifying for the World Cup has seen Van Marwijk's stock rise considerably.

He had a modest playing career - an attacking midfielder who spent the bulk of his time with MVV Maastricht and made just one appearance for Netherlands - and worked his way up from a position as youth coach at MVV in 1982 to lead Fortuna Sittard, Feyenoord and Borussia Dortmund.

His most impressive trophy to date is the UEFA Cup, won when his Pierre van Hooijdonk-inspired Feyenoord side defeated Borussia Dortmund 3-2 in 2002, and he won the KNVB Cup with the same club on his return from Germany in the 2007-08 season.

Yet Feyenoord failed to challenge for the Eredivisie title and, as such, his appointment was not met with universal acclaim.

However, eight wins out of eight in his World Cup qualifiers has silenced many of the doubters, particularly given the lack of support for his predecessor, Marco van Basten.

Strengths: Van Marwijk has not been afraid to make big decisions - dropping Milan's Clarence Seedorf and selecting out-of-favour Bayern Munich midfielder Mark van Bommel, for example - and has so far seen them pay off.

Netherlands have yet to face any of the favourites for the World Cup in a competitive match, but draws against Russia and England and the 100% qualifying record are positive signs.

Weaknesses: Performances have not always matched results and some have questioned his reliance on ageing stars like Giovanni van Bronckhorst.

Career high: The UEFA Cup victory in 2002 was helped in no small part by Jürgen Kohler's dismissal for Dortmund on 31 minutes, but they defeated Rangers and Inter Milan along the way and it remains an impressive feat.

Career low: His departure from Dortmund after two-and-a-half uninspired seasons.

Tactics: Van Marwijk says he does not "believe in systems" and, with players like Robin van Persie, Arjen Robben, Dirk Kuyt and Wesley Sneijder involved, he looks for plenty of interchange between midfield and attack - a nod to the country's total football tradition.

He generally likes to have four in defence and two holding midfielders, leaving something approaching a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Quotes: "I love attacking football. But I also like winning."

Trivia: Van Marwijk is Mark van Bommel's father-in-law (prompting a question or two about the midfielder's inclusion in the side).

WC prediction: The talent is certainly there, but they still need to show that they can translate it into success on the big stage.

Spain finally ended their years of underachievement at Euro 2008, and it would be bold to suggest Netherlands are not capable of the same.

---------------------------------------------------

In Summery: He brings the discipline, balance and focus to the Netherlands squad aside for the full cooperate playing type;, things that been missed in the passed years.

He and Joachim Löw are the best in this WC as each one copy the style of others.

Last edited:

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Strengths: Van Marwijk has not been afraid to make big decisions - dropping Milan's Clarence Seedorf and selecting out-of-favour Bayern Munich midfielder Mark van Bommel, for example - and has so far seen them pay off.

Bad example. The last few coaches didn't use Seedorf. Also, Van Bommel is obviously the best Dutch defensive midfielder, so of course he would be selected.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano won't play, Godin returns from suspension.
Apparently this will be it:

Muslera
M.pereira, Victorino, Godín, Cacéres
Peréz, Gargano, Arévalo, A.pereira
Forlan, Cavani​

With Gargano & Arevalo on the midfield, Sneijder will be one of the biggest guys on the midfield tomorrow.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
:conf: Sod-Lod, why don't put the link in soccernet.com articles you post? Seems like you link others, but not the ones from there ...

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
I'd usually be cheering for the Netherlands in a game like this, but Sneijder has made me want to have Holland out of this WC asap. If they go and win the whole thing, then the egghead would win the Balon d'Or and I just wouldn't like that at all.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
:conf: Sod-Lod, why don't put the link in soccernet.com articles you post? Seems like you link others, but not the ones from there ...

Oh sorry, my bad, it is because when I paste the article I double read it and go immediately to analyze it deeply, as this type of Articals nedd to be read before you post it here to make sure are not blowing off some BS, so i forget to mention the link or even to adjust it, i will make sure to do it next time, thanks for remind me; Kudos to you :star:

Last edited:

Through

Beginner
Reaction score
Robben dived and tried to won the Oscar and didn't get a single yellow card. Felipe Melo did a little stomp and got a red card. Is it fair?
Well, yes. As far as I can remember, the only thing that Robben did was making tackles look worse than they were. It was not like he just fell (like vd Wiel did :D) but when a defender rushed in like crazy he would dodge him and act like he was hit. Now that's not a pure schwalbe in my opinion, as he could also just run against the leg and then it would just be a foul. So partly your defenders are to blaim. It's not classy, I agree, but certainly not worth a yellow card for schwalbe.

Wat Melo did however always is a red card. He intentionally stomped the hamstring of Robben after the ref stopped the play.

Robben was being marked in the right way. If he wants space to do the only move he knows, he should be limiting himself of playing against Spain and Barcelona.

hehe at one time this was pretty obvious, Robben got the ball and immediately 3 defenders covered his left side, preventing him to do his move.

Funny thing is that I saw a clip of Brazillian television where Robben was compared with garrincha I believe. Just like Robben he always did one move. And although defenders knew this, they couldn't prevent it because he did it so fast.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Van Marwijk: We're still attractive 05 JUL 2010 | 09:36 SAST

Bert van Marwijk remains adamant that his Netherlands side is playing attractive football despite a lack of goals so far in South Africa 2010

0,,12950~8876604,00.jpg

The Netherlands have managed nine goals in five games, but many pundits have suggested that they have abandoned their attacking instincts.

Van Marwijk admitted that his primary focus has been on improving their defence, but insisted they are still playing attractive football.

"When I took over this job, my first goal was to teach the team to defend better," he said.

"Because we haven't scored that many goals so far in this World Cup, people see it differently as they only associate attractive football with lots of goals. But we still play attractive football."

The Dutch head into Tuesday's semi against Uruguay an overwhelming favourite, but Van Marwijk won't be underestimating his opposition.

"Uruguay are a team of fighters. They battle and survive. That is why they have reached the semi-finals," he said.

"We must certainly not underestimate them, otherwise things will go wrong for us.

"We have been down this road before in the past with other Dutch teams and the Dutch people have been let down time and again.

"We have to take the duel with Uruguay very seriously because, mentally, it is difficult to get yourselves back into the mix after a victory against Brazil.

"It has now been two years that I have been trying to get the players to understand that in order to be world champions, they must shine regularly without ever letting up.

"We haven't succeeded in our mission yet. The target, to be crowned champions, is not yet achieved."

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
In a song I heard ''kill them'' (with a deep voice) right at the moment I saw that picture of Bertje van Marwijk. :D

Since what Uruguay are missing I expect The Netherlands and The Netherlands only in the final (well, and also either Germany or Spain). Bertje is doing a good job with his team. You can't say that about too many World Cup coaches.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Sneijder tipped for Ballon d'Or Monday 5 July, 2010

Wesley Sneijder has been declared a prime candidate for the new FIFA Ballon d’Or. “He turns everything into gold,” wrote France Football.

It was announced today that the Ballon d’Or and FIFA World Player of the Year awards will be combined into one trophy to be assigned in January.

Having won the Champions League, Serie A title and Coppa Italia with Inter, Sneijder is in the World Cup semi-final with Holland.

Champagne this season for Sneijder after the triumphant Inter campaign and his excellent performance so far in the World Cup,” read the article in France Football, the paper that assigns the Ballon d'Or.

He has been so impressive that the Dutchman becomes a prime candidate for the Ballon d’Or.

Sneijder may not be the biggest nor the strongest player in the world, but this year everything he touches turns to gold.

Not satisfied with the Inter Treble, he is back at work with Holland and until now has played perfectly.

Sneijder could even win the Golden Boot for South Africa 2010, as he has so far scored four World Cup goals.

It would be a particularly special prize for the 26-year-old, whose career was in trouble 12 months ago thanks to a spell on the Real Madrid bench.

He deserve it, i always love his playing style especially his dangerous shots and precises passes.

G lets Milan payed the expensive cost for preferring Hunt over him :mad: :rolleyes:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Well someone would get it who played for the winning WC team if they are reasonably good enough.

If Brazil made it this far, im sure that article would be on Maicon instead or Julio Cesar.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Sneijder: 'I didn't call them idiots!' Monday 5 July, 2010

Wesley Sneijder insists it was “a huge misunderstanding” from the Dutch media and that he never called Diego Maradona and Carlos Dunga “idiots.” The shock statements were released in magazine Helden today and quoted the midfielder referring to the managers of Argentina and Brazil as “a couple of idiots.”

Now Sneijder has released an official statement through the Inter website.

“There has been a huge misunderstanding in the transcribing and various translations of my words,” he insisted.

“In the interview I never referred directly to Maradona and Dunga, who I have a great deal of respect for both for what they have achieved as players and as Coaches.

“In the interview I only spoke about the differences between tacticians, because no two people can be alike.

“I am terribly sorry for the incorrect interpretation that was given to my words.”

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
Did you actually watch the game? there was nothing joga bonito on that 3 vs 1 fail.

Stupid bots :o

Schedule