Jose Mauri Thread

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Seems like an almost done deal (though we said the same for J.Martinez and Kondogbia)

https://www.milanlive.it/2015/06/23/milan-jose-mauri-e-a-un-passo-contratto-fino-al-2019/

Not exactly sure how to feel about it, a good buy for the future but far from a player that will make us have a jump in quality in the next season. That said, a freebie for a youngster like him can always become a profit in a year from now if we decide to sell him, especially if we decide to loan him to a Serie A team (depending also on who else we buy in midfield). The fact that the team can only have 25 players means that we need to be wise on who we keep in the team.

In certain aspects he reminds me of Gattuso, in that even though he is small he doesn't mind putting pressure on the opponents and throwing himself in a tackle.

They waited the official relegation of Parma in Serie D, so now the player is 100% free.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
They waited the official relegation of Parma in Serie D, so now the player is 100% free.

The question is whether we'll be able to get him now. As far as I know, there have been plenty of teams interested (Juventus, Fiorentina, Lazio, etc) and that's not counting teams in other league-s, which will only make him ask for higher salary (ala Kondogbia). I just don't wanna drag this and end up losing him (if our management thinks that he's a good buy) or get an inflated salary (like we did with Mexes), otherwise we should say that we're not interested and call it a day.

From what I hear, Poli will be offered to Torino for Maksimovic, so that means we'll have two spots to fill in midfield.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
The question is whether we'll be able to get him now. As far as I know, there have been plenty of teams interested (Juventus, Fiorentina, Lazio, etc) and that's not counting teams in other league-s, which will only make him ask for higher salary (ala Kondogbia). I just don't wanna drag this and end up losing him (if our management thinks that he's a good buy) or get an inflated salary (like we did with Mexes), otherwise we should say that we're not interested and call it a day.

From what I hear, Poli will be offered to Torino for Maksimovic, so that means we'll have two spots to fill in midfield.

Yes, the question is wether we'll be able to get him now, but fact is negotiations started again the same day the player become free.

I don't think we will give him a big salary. He's still very young, with no international experience. In recent years there is a quite definite policy about salararies and experience matters a lot.

We will more likely have to pay an high commission to his agent (like Juventus did with Raiola for Pogba).

I also don't think he will chose Juventus, becouse he would barely have playing time, or Fiorentina/Lazio, where he would earn far less money. Our chance for him are good.

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Where the hell is he?

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
we signed him yet?

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
We've been "very close" to signing him for like 2 months. Every time he's mentioned it's in "the next few days" and then nothing happens until the next rumor.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Great news. Mauri and Baselli is a good start to rebuilding our future.

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Jos? Mauri's agent after he left Casa Milan today: "There is nothing official yet. We are still in talks with Milan."

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
I prefer to wait, Jose might have bad teeth, dandruff etc.

:lol::lol::lol:

I didn't say that it was official btw, just that he's already signed ;) ... so it's not like some other club can swoop him and take him from us. At this point, the ball is in our court.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I found a really interesting radio clip from five years ago on youtube for anyone that knows spanish.

Its basically an interview from a local radio station ( 91.1 FM Impacto in La Pampa where he is from). At the time the young Jose is 13 years old and has just come back from a trial in chile where he spent a month. Hes just been scouted by a serie a scout and is on his way to Brescia for a trial there. No mention of Parma at this stage.

The interviewer asks him who he compares himself to and he says Mascherano. He goes on to mention Masche twice more in the interview and gives the impression that he's a real fan of his. He also mentions his boyhood club Ferro who bounce around between 2nd and third tier in argentina.

They also talk to his parents and they seem to be from a nice normal family. which isn't always the case in south america.

Also in spanish, the radio station with the same interviewers, interview him in april this year and talk about how he's made it in serie a.

So so down to earth and well mannered I love this guy. mentions hes a Boca fan and talks about his local town Realico in La Pampa.

He says at least 3 big clubs like chelsea, man u, real, atletico contacted him, teams he's played with on the playstation. Hes gutted and really confused about the whole situation at parma but its only because of it, that so many doors are opening for him.

Crespo talked him up a lot and advised him to go to river in Argentina. The press picked up on it and created that story that he was going there. He says messi > maradona. Has no dream club in Europe, just Boca Juniors.

He's really well spoken and seems articulate and intelligent. Talks about the situation at ferro and how the club is collapsing because of financial problems and how he'd like to help them and Parma but hasn't earned that much in football. what a cool guy. love him already, better get that contract signed tomorrow.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
another interview after he made his professional debut in the copa italia vs varese in 2013, 13 yo. Same radio station.

will translate tomorrow

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
Im not impressed

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
Good young talent, but not enough to truly help us.

Milan making to many lateral moves. where is the money we are supposed to get from this Bee fellow

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
Good young talent, but not enough to truly help us.

Milan making to many lateral moves. where is the money we are supposed to get from this Bee fellow
How so?

Bacca is an upgrade over Destro/Pazzini. Bertolacci is an upgrade over Muntari/Van Ginkel/Poli. Mauri is one for the future who can contribute right away.

Our transfers have been solid thus far, one good defender and a couple of quality players (Ibra, Witsel etc.) would make this mercato a great one.

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
How so?

Bacca is an upgrade over Destro/Pazzini. Bertolacci is an upgrade over Muntari/Van Ginkel/Poli. Mauri is one for the future who can contribute right away.

Our transfers have been solid thus far, one good defender and a couple of quality players (Ibra, Witsel etc.) would make this mercato a great one.

as far as I know only Bertolacci is signed, who I agree is an upgrade to three for-mentioned but, all the rest is speculation at this point. We are supposed have NewMoney But we are still just speculating on our signings.

It all sounds great. But how many people can actually say as fans you feel at ease in this mercato.....Its same stupid approach with a bit more money being thrown around.

I would like to see this Bee fellow bring in maldini . Then I would give Management my full support.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
How so?

Yes, Bertolacci upgrade, Bacca upgrade, Luiz Adriano upgrade (maybe), Mihajlovic upgrade.

Soooo, I guess the conclusion is that we'll finish higher than 9th spot ?

The question that most are interested in getting an answer is whether this team can finish 3rd, and if it's not likely then who we can reasonably buy that will increase our chances.

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
Yes, Bertolacci upgrade, Bacca upgrade, Luiz Adriano upgrade (maybe), Mihajlovic upgrade.

Soooo, I guess the conclusion is that we'll finish higher than 9th spot ?

The question that most are interested in getting an answer is whether this team can finish 3rd, and if it's not likely then who we can reasonably buy that will increase our chances.
We underachieved last season, with a better coach and less injuries we could've finished in the top 5.

Our team is far from complete but for a change it seems like our management actually has a plan and has money to spend. I think we are moving in the right direction and it would be wrong to say that we are replacing fodder with fodder.

The squad we have right now is capable of finishing in the top 5 and can even challenge for 3rd with some luck. We still have 2 months and have plenty of money left to spend on transfers (if reports are to be believed). Unless we make some really stupid moves in the next two months our squad should be good enough to challenge for 3rd place. Expecting us to win the Scudetto is unrealistic imo.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A Mascherano...........or a Gargano?

I didn't exactly look forward to Parma games last season(unlike 90% of RnB:proud:), but from the little I saw he seems more similar to Gargano.

Will hopefully turn out better than Gargano though, but even if he doesn't, a Gargano would still be much much better than a Boli.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Ex-Parma midfielder Jose Mauri is expected to have his Milan medical on Monday.

As with all the players previously owned by the Ducali, he’ll be a free agent following the Stadio Tardini side’s bankruptcy.

According to Sky Sport Italia, Jose Mauri will be at Casa Milan on Monday to undergo his medical.

He’ll then put pen to paper on the new contract.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
We underachieved last season, with a better coach and less injuries we could've finished in the top 5.

The squad we have right now is capable of finishing in the top 5 and can even challenge for 3rd with some luck. We still have 2 months and have plenty of money left to spend on transfers (if reports are to be believed). Unless we make some really stupid moves in the next two months our squad should be good enough to challenge for 3rd place. Expecting us to win the Scudetto is unrealistic imo.

My point is, the goal of this mercato is to get us to the 3rd spot, that's why we're spending tons of money ... calling new players upgrade is not much of a compliment considering that last year 90% of the players were shit.

A Mascherano...........or a Gargano?

I'd say let's not exaggerate the deal. He had a good first season, got some experience and is very young and with potential. Hopefully with Miha he'll grow a lot more. However, it's not like at Parma he had to compete with top players considering that even Nocerino was an undisputed starter.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
welcome on tuesday young padowan