The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Old 25-10-2010, 05:20   #101
RossoneroTifoso
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio

?

Signature
RossoneroTifoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2010, 08:52   #102
Sven
Super Moderator

Edmundo "Animal" is one of my all time favorite players. I grew up watching this guy. People outside Brazil maybe didn't know him well. He was an extraordinary talent, but an extraordinary madness also.

As I said, madness. I can't remember a player so out of his mind like him that day.

This video is awful, but the music suits him perfectly (he made Silvestre his bitch in the first goal).

So Lugano, rate his balls. Great balls or just nonsense?
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2010, 15:24   #103
ww
Banned

Fav. Players: Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso

Boateng does have balls. He gave everything from him on the World Cup and during his few matches by Milan. And he can struggle himself for the team without being violent.

Edmundo is a crazy person. Amazing player but he's more a case of real madness than balls.

I remember that by the end of his career when he was at Palmeiras, after some therapy sessions and probably some strong medicines, a fight started on the field and Edmudo stand still on the center of the pitch with a serious face. Hahaha.

And you know how the brazilian broadcasters love to show fights but that day, showing a little of Edmundo inertia instead of showing the fighting for a while sounded a little more interested to them.

I laughed my off off this day.
ww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2010, 20:03   #104
Sven
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitão Lugano View Post
Edmundo is a crazy person. Amazing player but he's more a case of real madness than balls.

I remember that by the end of his career when he was at Palmeiras, after some therapy sessions and probably some strong medicines, a fight started on the field and Edmudo stand still on the center of the pitch with a serious face. Hahaha.

And you know how the brazilian broadcasters love to show fights but that day, showing a little of Edmundo inertia instead of showing the fighting for a while sounded a little more interested to them.

I laughed my off off this day.
I remember when he was playing for Cruzeiro, they come to play in São Januário and he said: "I hope I don't score a goal against Vasco". There was a penalty, he take it and missed. Of course he was fired the next day.

But talking about football, his display in Brasileirão 97 was something out of ths world. If Brazil was taken into as much consideration as Europe, he would be a Ballon'd'Or candidate that year, even with Ronaldo and Zidane at his primes.
Old 25-10-2010, 20:24   #105
ww
Banned

Some players should be legends but their madness or maybe some hard times/bad lucks/bad managers ruin their career.

You know Felipe, who's now playing for Vasco? This guy is a monster. He's just amazing. It's a pity that he never had the right opportunities to play for decent and organized teams and show it on Libertadores, UCL, seleção...
Old 25-10-2010, 20:32   #106
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy

Fav. Players: Allegri, Romagnoli, Bonaventura, Prince, Yepes, Nesta, Seedorf

Is that Felipe the LB/LM who played in United Arab Emirates recently?

Signature
Phillipe Mexes of R&B Mafia Games
Silvio Berlusconi
KujaIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2010, 20:35   #107
ww
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KujaIX View Post
Is that Felipe the LB/LM who played in United Arab Emirates recently?
Before Vasco, he was at Al-Sadd.

And I was checking his career and he actually won the Brasileirão twice and the Libertadores for Vasco in the 90's. But my recent memories of him is when he was playing for Flamengo and that team was freakin' nasty. Felipe was like their only player who could do something.

I think that he never played for a decent team after he gone Vasco.
Old 25-10-2010, 20:38   #108
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy

It is the one i was thinking of.

Napoli always bought him on Football Manager 08/09 i can't remember which. Loads of Brazilian players have been forgotten to the winds. Like Savio, Jardel, Giovani and many others.

Signature
Silvio Berlusconi
Old 25-10-2010, 20:47   #109
ww
Banned

Quote:
It is the one i was thinking of.

Napoli always bought him on Football Manager 08/09 i can't remember which. Loads of Brazilian players have been forgotten to the winds. Like Savio, Jardel, Giovani and many others.
Was he playing as a left-winger?

He's a trequartista.
Old 26-10-2010, 00:10   #110
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy

Yeah. He was playing on the Left of a 4-2-3-1.

Signature
Silvio Berlusconi
Old 26-10-2010, 00:32   #111
ww
Banned

Quote:
Yeah. He was playing on the Left of a 4-2-3-1.
Lol. And why the fuck do you watch the muslim league?
Old 26-10-2010, 01:56   #112
Sven
Super Moderator

Quote:
Some players should be legends but their madness or maybe some hard times/bad lucks/bad managers ruin their career.

You know Felipe, who's now playing for Vasco? This guy is a monster. He's just amazing. It's a pity that he never had the right opportunities to play for decent and organized teams and show it on Libertadores, UCL, seleção...
Yeah, he started as a very promissing left-back. A left-back with Cafú speed and Edmundo skills... But he was not so good defending, and so at some point he switched to midfield.

He was very good as left-back in the Intercontinental Cup Vasco x Real Madrid even if Vasco lost it, but this game is the one I remember from him:

Seedorf pass to Raul

Felipe was a party boy, and that didn't help him. He struggled with his fitness. But you're right, apart from that Vasco, he didn't have real chances in good teams.
Old 26-10-2010, 02:05   #113
ww
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
Yeah, he started as a very promissing left-back. A left-back with Cafú speed and Edmundo skills... But he was not so good defending, and so at some point he switched to midfield.

He was very good as left-back in the Intercontinental Cup Vasco x Real Madrid even if Vasco lost it, but this game is the one I remember from him:

_BQ0NPWm_ks
Seedorf pass to Raul

Felipe was a party boy, and that didn't help him. He struggled with his fitness. But you're right, apart from that Vasco, he didn't have real chances in good teams.
Felipe also had a problem with joanete and he needed surgery. And I don't know if you know what's joanete but I have it and my doc said that the pain and recovering for this surgery is a freakin' nightmare.

By the way, it's a pity that we can't watch games like this anymore. The best that we can have today is a tactically great and badass game between Chelsea and Inter, like in the last season.

But if we talk about real technique, the good times are now gone. Today it's all about Joga Bonito and diving.
Old 26-10-2010, 02:32   #114
Sven
Super Moderator

Quote:
Felipe also had a problem with joanete and he needed surgery. And I don't know if you know what's joanete but I have it and my doc said that the pain and recovering for this surgery is a freakin' nightmare.

By the way, it's a pity that we can't watch games like this anymore. The best that we can have today is a tactically great and badass game between Chelsea and Inter, like in the last season.

But if we talk about real technique, the good times are now gone. Today it's all about Joga Bonito and diving.
What I miss more is the personalities. At some point in the 90's the stars are charismatic players like Romário, Túlio, Viola or even crazy ones like Edmundo. The same in Calcio or in England.

Today players look like robots. They made nothing peculiar or interesting. They got nothing to say to the press, always too right, too politically correct, too boring.

Last Seleção game, Pato scored and make a celebration like shooting with his fingers, and the TV comentator (Galvão Bueno...) went crazy saying that was not right. I mean, I grew up watching Batistuta doing this, and that was amazing!
Old 26-10-2010, 02:52   #115
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Damn I remember Edmundo, I loved him, though total psycho, seriously there's no more psychos like that in today's football.

Signature
Brocchi si nasce, campioni si diventa
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2011, 21:07   #116
Sonny.Bill.Williams
WUNDERKIND

Now that you're back

Sonny.Bill.Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2011, 21:25   #117
ww
Banned

Gotze doesn't have a badass look. I need to see more of him to judge whether he has balls or no because I only watched 2 or 3 matches of him playing and all against average teams.
Old 20-12-2011, 03:21   #118
Sven
Super Moderator

Old 20-12-2011, 04:59   #119
jammin
pour l'éternité

jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 05:02   #120
hdcantona
Senatore_M84's Protege

Fav. Players: Cantona, Berbatov, Sheva, Pirlo, Ibra, Robinho, Forlan, Pato, Maldini, Becks, Modric, Rochemback

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiero View Post
Senatore, you have just won the internet.

hdcantona is offline   Reply With Quote