All About Movies

Azzurrii-08

Also known as: LASER.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti
Hanna was a pretty good movie as well. Not bad! Not sure if I will watch a movie this weekend.

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti
Made up my mind, going to watch "The Ledge" tonight.

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Watched the Inbetweeners Movie, was rather disappointed, "It's more of a love story than comedy."

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Watched the Inbetweeners Movie, was rather disappointed, "It's more of a love story than comedy."

Yes I watched that one too. Wasn't really that good indeed.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I watched 50 50 starring Seth Rogen last night.

meh, watch it if you don't have anything else to do.

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I just watched "Don't be afraid of the dark". The new remake, not the old 70's one. It's a pretty good movie, very nicely made. Well acted in my opinion, although I think the story is something that we've all seen several times before.

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf
How come i didnt watch this thing before

its the most hilarious thing ever + milan included.

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Last night I watched "The Ledge". Not a bad movie, slow first hour but the last half hour isn't bad!

Probably tonight I'm going to watch "Paranormal Activity".

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I flew from Amman to Toronto with (crappy) Air France, a duration of 17 hours, twice, so I had a lot of time to see movies:

- A Prophet/ Un Prophet: A really impressive french movie about a north african youth in a prison controlled by the corsican mob. The youth enters the prison with no associations (family, friends..etc) but through networks and deeds he improves his reputation and status.

- Slumdog Millionaire: ive seen parts of this movie before, but this is the first time I see it non stop from start to finish. I loved the way the story is told through the answers given on the gameshow. It reminded me a little bit of City of God, in showing how nasty life could be in huge and populous cities.

- Groundhog Day: I loved Bill Murray's sarcasm in this movie, and Andie McDowell has one of the sexiest natural smiles. It was a funny movie but I did not LOL hard, it was just ok funny.

- Omar Killed Me/ Omar m'a tue: Another very good French movie which I was not able to finish. Basically its about a simple North African man who works as a gardener in France but does not speak French. One of his employers is found killed with the words Omar killed me writted with her blood on the wall and the gardener is imprisoned as a result. A writer who is against injustice decides to investigate the story for his next book and little by little he starts to track down clues to prove the man's innocence.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
I flew from Amman to Toronto with (crappy) Air France, a duration of 17 hours, twice, so I had a lot of time to see movies:

- A Prophet/ Un Prophet: A really impressive french movie about a north african youth in a prison controlled by the corsican mob. The youth enters the prison with no associations (family, friends..etc) but through networks and deeds he improves his reputation and status.

- Groundhog Day: I loved Bill Murray's sarcasm in this movie, and Andie McDowell has one of the sexiest natural smiles. It was a funny movie but I did not LOL hard, it was just ok funny.

- Omar Killed Me/ Omar m'a tue: Another very good French movie which I was not able to finish. Basically its about a simple North African man who works as a gardener in France but does not speak French. One of his employers is found killed with the words Omar killed me writted with her blood on the wall and the gardener is imprisoned as a result. A writer who is against injustice decides to investigate the story for his next book and little by little he starts to track down clues to prove the man's innocence.

* bill murray's alwayzs superb, love that man

* these french movies i've seen too they're really good
if you like these french cinema

you should check out, la haine, sheitan, martyr, a lenterieur, yamakashi, ma 6-t va cracker,
delicatesses, amelie poulin, city of the forgotten childern and one of course c'est arriver pres de chez vous

the last one is one of quiten tarantino's favorites

Capo Ultra

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Looking forward to the release of The Great Gatsby. Even if it's half as good as the book, it should be worth watching. Baz Luhrmann is directing it and Tobey Maguire will be playing the role of Nick Carraway. Leonardo Di Caprio will be starring as Jay Gatsby.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
* bill murray's alwayzs superb, love that man

* these french movies i've seen too they're really good
if you like these french cinema

you should check out, la haine, sheitan, martyr, a lenterieur, yamakashi, ma 6-t va cracker,
delicatesses, amelie poulin, city of the forgotten childern and one of course c'est arriver pres de chez vous

the last one is one of quiten tarantino's favorites

I love French cinema, I find it more interesting than modern US cinema which is becoming very action-based and too dependant on visual effects.

Ive seen La Haine and Amelie, as well as several old films such as Goddard's breathless which was very nice. I also saw Doberman and another I think it was called the Samurai... I will check out the rest, especially the Tarantino one.

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
watched cowboys and aliens the other night :thumbsdown:

divorce, italian style is next on the list!

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
Slumdog Millionaire: ive seen parts of this movie before, but this is the first time I see it non stop from start to finish. I loved the way the story is told through the answers given on the gameshow. It reminded me a little bit of City of God, in showing how nasty life could be in huge and populous cities.

i really like this movie...but i just can't watch it anymore since i had my daughter. i can't watch the parts when the main character was a child, with all the abandoned children and babies and orphans. it makes me too upset

i prefer laughing when watching movies...not crying

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
Just re watched the pirates of the carribean trilogy yesterday (had nothing better to do, sad I know :o)

My God ive just re-realised how funny they are

Johnny Depp is such a boss creating that character, fantastic acting display, so insync with the movie

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tonight I'm going to watch Hostel 3. Last night I watched Paranormal Activity 3 which was pretty good!

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
so, after quite awhile of being aware of this film since jasper brought it to my attention, i finally managed to watch it tonite.

le professionnel

starring, allegri aka jean-paul belmondo

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/le-professionnel/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Professionnel

fantastic film...10/10.......

i cannot express how swag the main character is in this film.....its a must watch for any milan fan/fan of allegri.

the character runs very true to allegri...he has a wife, has a mistress...seduces the highest quality prostitutes.....murders dictators....survives prison camps......

im flabbergasted....best movie i've seen in 2012

:star::star::star::star::star:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
cant emphasis it enough....everyone should watch this film...its brilliant. absolutely brilliant.

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
So fucking awesome! (Dynomite! Dynomite!)

black-dynamite_logo.jpg

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ok I didn't watch Hostel 3 yet but will do so today. I also got a documentairy "The Interrupters" about former gang members who want peace on the streets. So I hope I see them change the youth.

Who can recommend comedies? Can be romantic, dirty, whatever. I've seen hundreds of comedies so yeah I hope you may have one I didn't watch yet.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
i really like this movie...but i just can't watch it anymore since i had my daughter. i can't watch the parts when the main character was a child, with all the abandoned children and babies and orphans. it makes me too upset

i prefer laughing when watching movies...not crying

You cannot escape the reality my friend :devilcoo:

Tonight I'm going to watch Hostel 3. Last night I watched Paranormal Activity 3 which was pretty good!

Any movie that reaches part 3 turns stupid imo (except for a very few movies originally aimed to be trilogies)... reaching 4 and 5 is just ridiculous.

so, after quite awhile of being aware of this film since jasper brought it to my attention, i finally managed to watch it tonite.

le professionnel

starring, allegri aka jean-paul belmondo

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/le-professionnel/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Professionnel

fantastic film...10/10.......

i cannot express how swag the main character is in this film.....its a must watch for any milan fan/fan of allegri.

the character runs very true to allegri...he has a wife, has a mistress...seduces the highest quality prostitutes.....murders dictators....survives prison camps......

im flabbergasted....best movie i've seen in 2012

:star::star::star::star::star:

tragic music... but Belmondo is tha man!!!

I saw Le Magnifique when I was in this tiny hotel room in Florence, it was hillarious, even with my intermediate French.

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
Give Midnight in Paris a shot guys, it'll be worth it.

Watched this the other day, really funny movie.

I love French cinema, I find it more interesting than modern US cinema which is becoming very action-based and too dependant on visual effects.

Ive seen La Haine and Amelie, as well as several old films such as Goddard's breathless which was very nice. I also saw Doberman and another I think it was called the Samurai... I will check out the rest, especially the Tarantino one.

Yes! La Haine is a fantastic film, one of my absolute favorites, so is Le Samourai. And btw if you liked Le Samurai then you should watch Le Cercle Rouge and Army of Shadows, it's from the same director/writer (Jean-Pierre Melville), and same time.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

Ha....i forgot to put doberman in that list

also Check out 'Dante 01' it's like a micheal palin movie

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Anybody ever seen this movie before??? :lol::lol:

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
asthon kutcher sufin in Sao Paulo.
2193693-9007-rec.jpg

punisher

God Bless Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
yesterday night i watched ''a very harold and kumar christmass''

OMG i loled hard

JohnnyWunderboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Gattuso, Pazzini
I just re-watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy, after years.
I swear a lone tear rolled down my cheek after Sauron was defeated and the war ended.

I feel like I was born again.

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
The Double and Seeking Justice are good movies in my opinion!

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
44 Ince Chest... 1 Shit film but you got to watch it 4 John Hurt's epic performance - swearing galore.