All About Movies

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
MilanoMike said:
The next chapter finds Rambo recruited by a group of Christian human rights missionaries to protect them against pirates, during a humanitarian aid deliver to the persecuted Karen people of Burma. After some of the missionaries are taken prisoner by sadistic Burmese soldiers, Rambo gets a second impossible job: to assemble a team of mercenaries to rescue the surviving relief workers
Methinks the screenwriters spent too much time consulting this. :rolleyes:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Not about Rambo, but before I forget, I thought I should mention that The Grudge 2 doesn't have Sarah M. Gellar :( ... in fact, it's not in English. It's in Japanese though English subs are easy to find.

Rex

Reaction score
To tell you the truth, I had been watching all The Grudge-American version starring Sarah M. Gellar. What I am desperately seeking is the original Japanese versions who once r3dman told me about the movies starring Japanese actress (forgot her name.)

The Japanese versions are the scariest than American's.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
That is certainly true as original Japanese thrillers are genuinely scary. The Hollywood version, if I'm not mistaken, has a lot of Japanese influence as well - director, special effects, etc. and is hence one of the scarier movies out of Hollywood.

I'm a bit overwhelmed with subtitles at the moment (seeing its one of the better ways I learn Romanian) but The Grudge 2's torrent (the Japanese one) is up and running. Japanese with English subs. I'm pretty sure the (Japanese) first one has a pretty similar story to Sarah M Gellar's version.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Did you guys hear about this? Alec Baldwin left a very abusive message on his 12-year-old's voice mail, and his ex Kim Basinger leaked it to the media. It's absolutely horrific. Normally I don't care about celebrity gossip, but this was horrible.

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/news/a...rates-daughter-in-phone-tirade-leaked-to-web/

I won't be watching anything this scumbag is in from now on. And I think playing Eminem's mom a few years ago must've gotten to Kim's head. A couple of fucking losers, the both of them. Neither should get custody, because they're so selfish, as are most adults during divorce proceedings.

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta
Rex said:
Very true, partly because I cant understand jack. Given, also due to the fact that their cinematography techniques are quite different.

Rex

Reaction score
BMWTaylor said:
Did you guys hear about this? Alec Baldwin left a very abusive message on his 12-year-old's voice mail, and his ex Kim Basinger leaked it to the media. It's absolutely horrific. Normally I don't care about celebrity gossip, but this was horrible.

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/news/a...rates-daughter-in-phone-tirade-leaked-to-web/

I won't be watching anything this scumbag is in from now on. And I think playing Eminem's mom a few years ago must've gotten to Kim's head. A couple of fucking losers, the both of them. Neither should get custody, because they're so selfish, as are most adults during divorce proceedings.

Perhaps he's drunk or he got stress...could've been disappointing over his 'average' movies lately that cost himself losing control though. :rolleyes:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I was just changing the channels when I saw they were showing a movie I saw in a class about 2 years ago, Voces Inocentes. I didn't have the heart to watch it again, the first one was enough to have a huge impact in me.

It's about the war in El Salvador in the 70-80's, more exactly how the war was viewed in the eyes of a kid (his family, his friends). Its a cruel reality (don't remember if it was a true story, but the events of the war there, those did happen), that shows how war is such a useless event in which the innocents are the ones that end up paying the most.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Finally I had time to watch "300" .. hmm it was average .. but I got a bit angry coze the "queen " went to bed with that guy hehehehe..

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
Rex said:
To tell you the truth, I had been watching all The Grudge-American version starring Sarah M. Gellar. What I am desperately seeking is the original Japanese versions who once r3dman told me about the movies starring Japanese actress (forgot her name.)

This is the imdb of the movie. I guess Mariko is the main character.

And YES, the Japanese version is much more intelligent and scary.;)

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Rex said:
Perhaps he's drunk or he got stress...could've been disappointing over his 'average' movies lately that cost himself losing control though. :rolleyes:
But didn't he have a part in 'The Departed' where he was the friendlier cop? Well come to think of it, there was that scene where his anger got the better of him ...

r3dman, I really don't see much of a difference because, if I'm not mistaken, the English versions have the same production crew (director, special effects, etc.) as the Japanese ones. I watched The Grudge in english and this weekend The Grudge 2 in Japanese. Both distinctly had the same style ... of course not counting Sarah :(

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
madtherchot said:
r3dman, I really don't see much of a difference because, if I'm not mistaken, the English versions have the same production crew (director, special effects, etc.) as the Japanese ones. I watched The Grudge in english and this weekend The Grudge 2 in Japanese. Both distinctly had the same style ... of course not counting Sarah :(
Yes, the crew and from what I understood even the sets were the same, but the major difference is that in the american version they tend to explain to you what happened, and in the Japanese one they don't explain shit, letting you figure it out. Know what I mean?

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
^^ Well, do you mean not being able to understand the story because its in Japanese and/or the slight lack of concentration (on the movie) reading the English subtitles causes? If not, maybe I'll have to download :D The Grudge 2 in English or The Grudge in Japanese to tell the difference. I honestly thought this was what set this movie apart from the other Hollywood Japanese-movie 'rips' (for the lack of a better word). Or maybe I was just thrown away by the acting talent of Sarah M. Gellar :tongue:

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
madtherchot said:
^^ Well, do you mean not being able to understand the story because its in Japanese and/or the slight lack of concentration (on the movie) reading the English subtitles causes? If not, maybe I'll have to download :D The Grudge 2 in English or The Grudge in Japanese to tell the difference.
Nah, man, in the american version you have a lot of little details meant to ease your understanding of what's going on.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Rex said:
You should've fought Freddie Prinze, Jr. first for all your secret admiration though. :tongue:
She won't remember Freddie after I'm done with her :devil3: but how to get to her ? :(

r3dman said:
Nah, man, in the american version you have a lot of little details meant to ease your understanding of what's going on.
Well then, I'll just have to download The Grudge 2 in English ;)

Rex

Reaction score
madtherchot said:
She won't remember Freddie after I'm done with her :devil3: but how to get to her ? :(

LOL. Look the man who is being Sarah addicted. :tongue:

My take, go find her official website then you may leave out the message for her. Or you could look up her contact number if you really want to hear her melodious voice. G'd luck then. :D ;)

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
anyone has seen Spider Man 3?

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
it's going to be out everywhere at the same time?

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Since nobody saw Grindhouse (IMO the GREATEST MOVIE EVER). Is it alright if I post a link to the movie online? I don't want anybody to miss out on this epic awesomeness.

Rex

Reaction score
MilanoMike said:
Since nobody saw Grindhouse (IMO the GREATEST MOVIE EVER). Is it alright if I post a link to the movie online? I don't want anybody to miss out on this epic awesomeness.

Post a link would be fine. No problem. :)

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Rex said:
Post a link would be fine. No problem. :)
Ok, hurry and watch it before someone removes it.
WARNING! NUDITY AND GRAPHIC LANGUAGE + VIOLENCE!!
Part 1

Part 2

gahanthegod

violator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dave Gahan, Martin L. Gore, Alan Wilder, Andy 'Fletch' Fletcher.
Just watched Straw Dogs entirely.
A flawless film.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
I saw " Mr.Bean holiday " .. I expected something more funny .. it wasn't worth losing 1 hour and a half..

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Besi said:
I saw " Mr.Bean holiday " .. I expected something more funny .. it wasn't worth losing 1 hour and a half..
I didn't even bothered to download it ... <.<

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
pipa said:
I didn't even bothered to download it ... <.<

Still , lucky you .. I have download traffic limited :mad:

Schedule