German Bundesliga Thread

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Would be stupid to let go Van Gaal before the CL match. Van Gaal got Inter in his pocket. I predicted it before the first leg.

That makes 2 of us :tongue:

I think if Frank Rijkaard doesnt accept the Sporting Lisbon job then he might be a favorable option.

I read somewhere that Otmar Hitzfeld and Rafa Benitez have been called in for preliminary talks but Rafa is a doubtful choice as he doesnt command the German language.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

I think if Frank Rijkaard doesnt accept the Sporting Lisbon job then he might be a favorable option.

I read somewhere that Otmar Hitzfeld and Rafa Benitez have been called in for preliminary talks but Rafa is a doubtful choice as he doesnt command the German language.

Rafa hah :D (though I would love the irony if he would've knocked Inter out :D, but then again it's Rafa).

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bayern will knockout Inter regardless though, i predict a goal fest, wouldn't shock me to see a 2:2 or a 3:2 BM win.

As for the next manager, as i said before i'd got with Rijkaard, he has the big club mentality, the rest would be stopgap bar Hitzfeld, he knows them inside out.

Edit: I'd actually blame top management and not LvG, because they let MvB and Demichelis go and didnt get a solid CB. LvG has made Schweinsteiger the player he is today, hes instilled confidence in Badstuber, Mueller, Kraft and Contento. All he requires is a top class CB to succeed.

Anyways his time at BM seems like its coming to an end, regardless of the new manager, they will repair that defense massively provided they get CL football.

Last edited:

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Mark van Bommel leaving FC Bayern, I think it's because of Van Gaal that this happened. I agree though Van Gaal doing a good job (I would say great if this season went a bit better). Exactly because of his confidence in Badstuber, Kraft, Contento, and Müller (without Van Gaal he would not have been that awesome at World Cup - maybe he would not even have played).

Bayern management did let Lucio go though. Now that was a great defender Bayern are missing, without signing a proper replacement.

I'd say Gustavo needs to play in midfield (Van Bommel's spot) instead of left-back.

sammyvine

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Is that a rule Bayern have?

Benitez would be a disaster imo. They should stick with Van Gaal. He is a quality coach, surprised he is doing so badly all of a sudden.

sammyvine

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Bayern will knockout Inter regardless though, i predict a goal fest, wouldn't shock me to see a 2:2 or a 3:2 BM win.

As for the next manager, as i said before i'd got with Rijkaard, he has the big club mentality, the rest would be stopgap bar Hitzfeld, he knows them inside out.

Edit: I'd actually blame top management and not LvG, because they let MvB and Demichelis go and didnt get a solid CB. LvG has made Schweinsteiger the player he is today, hes instilled confidence in Badstuber, Mueller, Kraft and Contento. All he requires is a top class CB to succeed.

Anyways his time at BM seems like its coming to an end, regardless of the new manager, they will repair that defense massively provided they get CL football.

Bayern are getting beat left, right and centre?

What makes you so confident that won't continue against an in-form Inter?

sammyvine

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Announced that he will leave in the summer.

Stupid move imo. They should have decided at the end of the summer what to do. I hope he turns it around and makes Bayern look stupid.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bayern management did let Lucio go though. Now that was a great defender Bayern are missing, without signing a proper replacement.

I'd say Gustavo needs to play in midfield (Van Bommel's spot) instead of left-back.

It was okay for them to lose MvB, Gustavo has done a good job so far. He does play in midfield and inter changes with Pranjic at LB.

And you right, they are missing the quality CB, they all thought that a highly rated Breno could fill the void left by Lucio but that plan backfired and his progression has been hampered by injuries and inconsistency since the time Klinsman was there.

They are look at Neuer, Kjaer, Hummels and a LB for the summer so things should be interesting.

Is that a rule Bayern have?

Benitez would be a disaster imo. They should stick with Van Gaal. He is a quality coach, surprised he is doing so badly all of a sudden.

Unfortunately it is an important criteria, along with that they want a big time manager. IMO that rules out many foreign managers and rules out the likes of Martin Jol and Michael Laudrup.

I think it will be between Rijkaard, Matheus and Hitzfeld, the latter 2 have the advantage being fan favs. As a dark horse it could be the return of Felix Magath who will also be leaving Schalke. Possibly a reunion for Magath and Neuer at Bayern ;)

Bayern are getting beat left, right and centre?

What makes you so confident that won't continue against an in-form Inter?

I agree that Inter are in form but lets face it, Leo is tactically/defensively inept. LvG is pretty much the same but at the moment Bayern have the lead and Inter have to chase. The same teams met at the San Siro and Inter couldnt do much against Bayern, the Germans were better and were unlucky not to put the tie to bed in Italy.

In the CL one should forget the teams league form, it counts for peanuts in the knockout rounds of Europe. On that night its all about scoring goals for both teams but history and an away goal are on Bayern's side so they are clear favorites.

sammyvine

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
It was okay for them to lose MvB, Gustavo has done a good job so far. He does play in midfield and inter changes with Pranjic at LB.

And you right, they are missing the quality CB, they all thought that a highly rated Breno could fill the void left by Lucio but that plan backfired and his progression has been hampered by injuries and inconsistency since the time Klinsman was there.

They are look at Neuer, Kjaer, Hummels and a LB for the summer so things should be interesting.

Unfortunately it is an important criteria, along with that they want a big time manager. IMO that rules out many foreign managers and rules out the likes of Martin Jol and Michael Laudrup.

I think it will be between Rijkaard, Matheus and Hitzfeld, the latter 2 have the advantage being fan favs. As a dark horse it could be the return of Felix Magath who will also be leaving Schalke. Possibly a reunion for Magath and Neuer at Bayern ;)

I agree that Inter are in form but lets face it, Leo is tactically/defensively inept. LvG is pretty much the same but at the moment Bayern have the lead and Inter have to chase. The same teams met at the San Siro and Inter couldnt do much against Bayern, the Germans were better and were unlucky not to put the tie to bed in Italy.

In the CL one should forget the teams league form, it counts for peanuts in the knockout rounds of Europe. On that night its all about scoring goals for both teams but history and an away goal are on Bayern's side so they are clear favorites.

I'm not so sure that. Bayern will be low on confidence I expect, whilst Inter will be high (their 5-2 win yesterday).
If Inter score 1st, I can see nerves creeping in and the 2nd away goal would kill the tie off imo.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm not so sure that. Bayern will be low on confidence I expect, whilst Inter will be high (their 5-2 win yesterday).
If Inter score 1st, I can see nerves creeping in and the 2nd away goal would kill the tie off imo.

As i told you in the following para, in Europe, league form counts for peanuts. Teams can be brimming with confidence in the league yet fail miserably in the CL. One this is for sure, there will be goals and LvG will be more than up to the task as its the last possible title he can win for this season, same goes for the player. Inter will take the game to them but they did that last time out and got hurt.

Depends on certain players as well, Milito and Ribery will be key for me, 2 players who have been out of form recently and could be the dark horses in their contribution but at the same time both could fail as well. We will just have to wait and see.

Btw, shouldnt you be worried about Messi and co? ;)

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players

He did against Inter, yeah. And he was awesome. But in 1. Bundesliga I saw him play left-back, and Pranjic in midfield. Not sure how wise that is...

I agree about Leonardo, but Van Gaal is really good tactically, that's why I predicted Bayern to KO Inter, and be confident about it.

I looks like Van Gaal leaves Bayern at the end of this season. So Van Gaal can finish Inter off. :)

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Official: Bayern Munich Confirm Louis Van Gaal Will Leave In The Summer
Bayern Munich and coach Louis van Gaal have agreed to part company at the end of the season, the club said in a statement on Monday.

The 59-year-old's 2012 contract has been cut short, and following a meeting with club chiefs, he will be leaving on June 30, 2011.

Reports from Germany earlier had claimed van Gaal's time would be up. And Bayern have now made the move official.

A statement on Bayern's official website reads:

"On Monday, 7 March 2011, a meeting was held with the board of FC Bayern Munich, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and Karl Hopfner, sporting director Christian Nerlinger and head coach Louis van Gaal in relation to the current situation. The conclusion of this meeting established the following:

* Louis van Gaal will remain head coach of Bayern Munich until the end of the season on 30/06/2011 .

* The original contract, running until 06/30/2012 between FC Bayern Munich and Louis van Gaal is resolved by mutual agreement at the end of this season.

* Reason for cancellation of the contract is the difference in opinion over the strategic direction of the club.

All parties agree that, in the present difficult situation of FC Bayern Munich, all resources will be employed to achieve the minimum targets this season."

Michael Ballack To Leave Bayer Leverkusen In Summer - Report
Veteran Bayer Leverkusen star Michael Ballack is expected to leave the BayArena at season's end after refusing to start on the bench in his side's most recent match against Wolfsburg.

"He is not as fit as three or four other players who are available. Michael does not see himself as a substitute player," coach Jupp Heynckes said.

Despite the coach's insistence that there is no rift with Ballack, the player will seek a transfer in the summer, according to Bild.

Ballack has struggled with injuries for much of this season, but has yet to secure a regular role with die Werkself. Following Lars Bender's virtuoso performance on Saturday, Ballack appears to be Heynckes' fourth choice central midfielder.

The 34-year-old's current contract is set to expire in 2012. The former Chelsea man has previously contemplated retirement, but might be interested in a move abroad depending on what offers are made.

sammyvine

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
As i told you in the following para, in Europe, league form counts for peanuts. Teams can be brimming with confidence in the league yet fail miserably in the CL. One this is for sure, there will be goals and LvG will be more than up to the task as its the last possible title he can win for this season, same goes for the player. Inter will take the game to them but they did that last time out and got hurt.

Depends on certain players as well, Milito and Ribery will be key for me, 2 players who have been out of form recently and could be the dark horses in their contribution but at the same time both could fail as well. We will just have to wait and see.

Btw, shouldnt you be worried about Messi and co? ;)

I would rather we went out to Barca. I want the PL. We won't win the CL, so it will just be a distraction.

How do you guys know that Leo hasn't improved tactically. Let's be honest, it was a mistake by the Inter goaly that let Muller score otherwise it would have ended 0-0.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I would rather we went out to Barca. I want the PL. We won't win the CL, so it will just be a distraction.

How do you guys know that Leo hasn't improved tactically. Let's be honest, it was a mistake by the Inter goaly that let Muller score otherwise it would have ended 0-0.

Gomez scored not Mueller, despite that Robben hit the post and Ribery hit the bar. Bayern were by far better and there is no denying. Both these manager rely on the 'best way to go about is attacking football' but the difference is that Leo has a better squad but LvG is a much better tactician.

You will see the difference when they play.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gomez scored not Mueller, despite that Robben hit the post and Ribery hit the bar. Bayern were by far better and there is no denying. Both these manager rely on the 'best way to go about is attacking football' but the difference is that Leo has a better squad but LvG is a much better tactician.

You will see the difference when they play.

Agreed. :)

And that(having a good tactical coach)'s crucial in CL, it is less crucial in a league game.

Rex

Reaction score
Official: Bayern Munich Confirm Louis Van Gaal Will Leave In The Summer

I wish his successor will have the same principle of attacking football Van Gaal has, an educated in one of best traditions of the Total Football though. :)

Best of luck, Balla.

Last edited:

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score

:eek: :eek:

milanlab.jpg

pale_yellow_mens_tie_400.JPG

:tongue:

aztattooedsean

Primavera
Reaction score
I still think they will do well in the CL but I don't have a problem with laughing about any issues that Bayern Munich or FC Schalke 04 are having within the league.

signed,

Borussia Dortmund supporter. :cool:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pedro, i told you Dortmund will have a tough time away :tongue:

Im not sure about Bayern but Neverkusen can possibly catch them.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pedro, i told you Dortmund will have a tough time away :tongue:

Im not sure about Bayern but Neverkusen can possibly catch them.

I think Hoffenheim are a good side. I'm not surprised it's Hoffenheim beating Dortmund. They played home vs Dortmund that well, can't win everything. Nah, Dortmund won't be catched. Losing away vs Hoffenheim can happen. It are only humans.

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
a-wolfsburg-magath__20186040-1300406780.jpg

Magath is back at Wolfsburg. He's their new Coach and Manager. He starts tomorrow.

Rangnick is back at Schalke. He starts on Monday after the Game vs Leverkusen.

And Leverkusen's Heynckes is top-favorite as new Bayern-Coach for next season.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Official: Wolfsburg Appoint Felix Magath As New Head Coach

Beleaguered Bundesliga outfit Wolfsburg have confirmed on their official website that they've appointed the experienced Felix Magath as their new head coach.

The Woelfe started the season with Steve McClaren as the man in charge, but the former England coach was sacked after the 1-0 loss against Hannover back in February.

Wolfsburg then appointed Pierre Littbarski as caretaker boss until the end of the season, but the former Germany international failed to get things going. The 2008-09 champions have dropped to 17th spot in the Bundesliga table and are under the threat of relegation.

Therefore, Wolfsburg were looking for a new coach and they've now found their man. The 57-year-old Magath was sacked by Schalke earlier this week, but didn't need long to find a new club.

He previously enjoyed a successful spell in charge of Wolfsburg from 2007 until 2009. He has also coached clubs such as Bayern Munich, Stuttgart, Werder Bremen and Hamburg in the past.

Magath will be presented during a press conference later on Friday.

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
No suprise that dortmund scored and the :proud: GREATEST EVER :proud: has assisted yet another ....:proud: GOETZE :proud: @ CAM = win 100% .....would highly recommend people to watch a future (multiple) BALLON D'or winner :thumbsup:

Reaction score
Glad for Ribery's late goal and our win but unfortunately H96 won too. Maybe Leverkusen's gonna lost tomorrow.

Btw Schalke - Dumbest club eeeeevvvvvveeeeeerrrrrrrr LOL

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
Glad for Ribery's late goal and our win but unfortunately H96 won too. Maybe Leverkusen's gonna lost tomorrow.

Btw Schalke - Dumbest club eeeeevvvvvveeeeeerrrrrrrr LOL

that miss was just epic by freiburg (?)

I reckon if Bayern hadnt been knocked out buy fags then thye could have won the champions league, their team is quality