Status
Not open for further replies.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Just finished watching the Barclays Asia Trophy final between Chelsea and Aston Villa. It finished 2:0 to Chelsea but many positives from either side. Main one though has to be Torres, came on and within 30 secs got a touch on a weak Malouda shot and scored. He was lively throughout and most importantly hes regaining his confidence.

Lampard, McEachran and Mikel were fantastic for Chelsea throughout the tournament, specially Mikel, he was a complete midfield general in both match.

For AV, Bent and Given looked very impressive, the defense was okay but did well to contend with the trio of Anelka, Torres and Drogba. Given is going to be a top signing for AV this season.

Last edited:

Damocles

Denis Law's Backheel
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Gattuso, Abbiati
Just posted in the other thread, but we're on the red button and we have an AC Milan trialist playing for us, Luca Scapuzzi. He scored too.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Just posted in the other thread, but we're on the red button and we have an AC Milan trialist playing for us, Luca Scapuzzi. He scored too.

I dont think anyone here has ever heard of this kid

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luca_Scapuzzi

Dude is a striker and couldnt score even one goal in 22 games for a Serie B club so he is pretty much a flop....

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia

You reckon Nasri and/or Sneijder will end up at City?

Damocles

Denis Law's Backheel
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Gattuso, Abbiati
Nasri, I would imagine. Heard that Sneijder would only be if Nasri said no. Too expensive.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Sneijder would be a much better signing than Nasri, Nasri is massively overrated IMO.

would still love him at Milan tho :lol:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Sneijder would be a much better signing than Nasri, Nasri is massively overrated IMO.

would still love him at Milan tho :lol:

nasri isn't really overrated. Atleast depends what your definition of overrated is. I don't know anyone who considers him elite, when he does have elite talent (still just talent)

But Sneijder is a much better fit cause he can play a 4-4-2 CM, atleast v. smaller sides. He did it for RM, he's doing it in preseason in a 3-4-3, he's a good passer, aggressive player, can do similar to what scholes does.

Vs. big boys and ucl, man utd essentially uses some sort of 4-5-1 anyway.

Nasri cannot do these things, he's a final 3rd type player, which is why it surprises me people think he can play LCM for milan. If he came he'd have to play trequartista. He'd be a good fit too, cause he's mobile. Or wing in a 4-2-3-1 should we ever want to (I guess we could w/ robinho, seedorf, nasri behind a striker but no point since clarence is better deeper, and it could be a 4-3-1-2... and before anyone says it... i mean do we have anyone else capable of CAM in a 4-2-3-1? FantaPrince?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Nasri, I would imagine. Heard that Sneijder would only be if Nasri said no. Too expensive.

how would you line up with nasri? He's like David Silva. Players beter centrally who float left, can play LW but not so great at it.

Also, how did young mancini do in the friendly? Saw him in some friendly in usa, had some decent touches

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
United just beat Barcelona 2-1.

Both teams took players off at HT and in the 2nd half. Pedro is a cheating twat in friendlies aswell. Iniesta and Buscuits had their moments too. Great game though. From a United PV Cleverly was immense.

Last edited:

Quatre Barres

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Thiago is so special. Playing the sub-21 European championships means his level of fitness is above the rest of the team right now for sure. Espinosa was also very good when he came on. Great to have young players like that...

Sergio was shit. I don't know what was wrong with him, he didn't seem to care all that much lol. Abidal and Pedro not fit at all. Villa too. Jonathan can't be blamed when that is not his position so no problem with that.

As for de Gea, manutdfan...he is a good young goalkeeper. He does not control his area well enough though. For an English team especially, a lot of patience is needed with him for this reason. I suppose he will be ok though.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sir Alex on Wes Sneijder in Daily Mail: "If he wants to come he must accept our contract offer. If not we have other options in mind."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ted-boss-confident-current-midfield-crop.html

Thiago is so special. Playing the sub-21 European championships means his level of fitness is above the rest of the team right now for sure. Espinosa was also very good when he came on. Great to have young players like that...

Sergio was shit. I don't know what was wrong with him, he didn't seem to care all that much lol. Abidal and Pedro not fit at all. Villa too. Jonathan can't be blamed when that is not his position so no problem with that.

As for de Gea, manutdfan...he is a good young goalkeeper. He does not control his area well enough though. For an English team especially, a lot of patience is needed with him for this reason. I suppose he will be ok though.

He worked his area well tonight, but he's a thin guy so he'll be spending a lot of time in the gym trying to bulk up.

God knows why you want Fabregas this Summer. Xavi and Iniesta aren't going anywhere and Fabregas isn't going to push them out. Barca would be better to buy him next Summer, or even the one after that. Xavi is 31 so he's got atleast another 2 years at the top level. Signing Fabregas would block Thiago's progress aswell.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
is it only the mail reporting that?

Yeah. Bob Cas is one of the few journo's who get's on well with Fergie, but if you read the quotes he never puts "said Ferguson" after that particular sentence.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
mu fan,

does your forum have the level of n00biness of this? I think you got sneijder come august 31. I think we all know what's happening (negotiations for best deal on all sides). I also think inter is trying to figure out it's next move so it's stalling. Inter has no money, so tevez transfer is a direct sign, sneijder is mu bound.

it sucks from a team building POV (a full summer, i think sneijder could go a long way towards replicating a younger scholes) but you know... that's reality.

in the meantime... i'm trying to figur out how inter plans to replace sneijder with tevez?

I know gapserini is a formation-a-log and marries to his 3-4-3

seriously.....

etoo--pazzini--tevez
maicon--motta--cambiasso--nagatomo
zanetti--ranocchia--lucio
cesar

that's very meh, with a lot of waste of assets to say the least?

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
mu fan doesn't reckon he's coming, but my thoughts are exactly the same as yours on the sneijder deal, which is why I've made a bet with him ;)

Quatre Barres

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Sir Alex on Wes Sneijder in Daily Mail: "If he wants to come he must accept our contract offer. If not we have other options in mind."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ted-boss-confident-current-midfield-crop.html

He worked his area well tonight, but he's a thin guy so he'll be spending a lot of time in the gym trying to bulk up.

God knows why you want Fabregas this Summer. Xavi and Iniesta aren't going anywhere and Fabregas isn't going to push them out. Barca would be better to buy him next Summer, or even the one after that. Xavi is 31 so he's got atleast another 2 years at the top level. Signing Fabregas would block Thiago's progress aswell.

I don't know, it seems Guardiola wants him more than anyone else. And the move to Barça looks likely in my opinion. But who knows, Arsenal have European football in two weeks. If he is still there, I guess a deal won't happen.

I have said the same, next year would be so better. But even then, I'm not very sure. Barça have Thiago, Sergi Roberto, Espinosa, Rafinha (brother of Thiago) doing very well. Samper too, but he is younger.

and for de Gea, English football would be a more realistic test. Barça don't cross the ball a lot anyway :lol: No tall striker in this team so we'll see how he does in the league!

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
quatro barrios

you bring an interesting point. I've never really thought about the fact, spanish league doesn't require a true box presense. I mean obviously some but it's much more a reflex league compared to fact in england, you'd prefer a solid keeper who can command the box even if you're giving up some elsewhere.

I feel slow for not considering it, but eh... keeper analysis is something i just turn to my friend (who is a legit keeper) for

@schick quatro.... whats the deal with sergi roberto. Is he THAT good or is he another kid who is high on his own hype?

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There were rumours that a swap with Eto'o was onthe cards, but I think that was just media BS.

All forums have noobs, and sadly the bigger the forum, the more noobs there is. I can't imagine that there's many English speaking Milan forums, infact I think this is the biggest isn't it? Naturally you'll get good with the bad.

Redcafe has a newbie section, where moderators will promote certain posters, but they've got 50k posters on there. I'm not totally sure about RedIssue (which is the biggest United forum) because you have to be a member to read all the forums. MUT has a system where you have to have 10 posts moderated because you can visit/post in certain threads.

Naturally United have a much bigger English speaking fan base than Milan, and yes you do get your fair share of retards.

I assume that's what you were asking me. I hope so, because otherwise I've just wasted 5 valuable minutes.....

mu fan doesn't reckon he's coming, but my thoughts are exactly the same as yours on the sneijder deal, which is why I've made a bet with him ;)

Why don't you ask Damocles what happens to people when they make a bet with me :o

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
no need, you'll find out what happens when people make a bet with me ;)

Oh and I'd say the behaviour's quite a bit less noobish on MUT, sure there's some but there's less regular posters and almost all regulars are tidy to an extent at least

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fergie has denied making those comments. Suck on that one HD...

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
yeah the etoo swap won't happen but man city is smart for trying. Etoo in epl is scary thought. Well etoo anywhere but i digress.

Nah I was just wondering with regards to your legends. Not just scholes/giggs types but players like Rio, you know none youth products but players who really have put in a long time and showed loyalty....

Anyway my question to you... what do YOU think you need?

Honestly, I think you might need a true DM beast more, but i'm not sure. Man united have such a solid team but are lacking 'something' and i just can't put my finger on it.

sneijder might be it. I still rate him as one of best mids in world. Still bitter we didn't get him for kaka. I remember my epic Sneijder>kaka arguments with dru and madridista (and honestly, i love kaka's game... but my only point was sneijder was more rounded mid)

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
mu fan,

does your forum have the level of n00biness of this?

If you ever piss me off, I'm giving you a link to an Aberdeen forum. I regularly read posts that say, "4-4-2 - the only way to play football." You would be upset.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
If you ever piss me off, I'm giving you a link to an Aberdeen forum. I regularly read posts that say, "4-4-2 - the only way to play football." You would be upset.

not even consideration for the 4-4-1-1 :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I wish I could recorded a convo with, probably the friend who's opinion about football i respect the most (for you specifically).

A 2 hr debate on how usa needs a 4-4-1-1 and not a 4-4-2. He literally spent 30 minutes talking about the open channels landon could take off the main striker if we just dropped the stupid 4-4-2 with landon as a winger.

I brought out the jack daniels before i got the full offside trap/keeper backline relationship discussion thank god. Every former goalkeeper thinks they are some sort of football scholar....

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
yeah the etoo swap won't happen but man city is smart for trying. Etoo in epl is scary thought. Well etoo anywhere but i digress.

Nah I was just wondering with regards to your legends. Not just scholes/giggs types but players like Rio, you know none youth products but players who really have put in a long time and showed loyalty....

Anyway my question to you... what do YOU think you need?

Honestly, I think you might need a true DM beast more, but i'm not sure. Man united have such a solid team but are lacking 'something' and i just can't put my finger on it.

sneijder might be it. I still rate him as one of best mids in world. Still bitter we didn't get him for kaka. I remember my epic Sneijder>kaka arguments with dru and madridista (and honestly, i love kaka's game... but my only point was sneijder was more rounded mid)

O'Shea, Fletcher, Brown have/had a lot of respect - I was suprised at how many people were upset when O'Shea left. Rio not so much, but he's never really been a fan faviorite.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
O'Shea, Fletcher, Brown have/had a lot of respect - I was suprised at how many people were upset when O'Shea left. Rio not so much, but he's never really been a fan faviorite.

interesting but... you didn't answer my other q?

if you are looking at man united, what would you do (in a realistic 1 big signing, or maybe 2 medium signing sort of budget way)

your squad is puzzling in sense, it's hard to look at it and be able to pinpoint one specific need. Just the fact it is lacking a certain quality to put it over the top...

Quatre Barres

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
quatro barrios

you bring an interesting point. I've never really thought about the fact, spanish league doesn't require a true box presense. I mean obviously some but it's much more a reflex league compared to fact in england, you'd prefer a solid keeper who can command the box even if you're giving up some elsewhere.

I feel slow for not considering it, but eh... keeper analysis is something i just turn to my friend (who is a legit keeper) for

lol yes, in Spain there are many shot stoppers who have no authority in their goal area. I don't know, coaches seem happy if the player can stop shots and a bonus if he can use his feet. It's as if not enough time is spent on handling because so many goalkeepers punch away every time. So yes, this is why I think de Gea will need time to adapt in England...

@schick quatro.... whats the deal with sergi roberto. Is he THAT good or is he another kid who is high on his own hype?

For me, no way as good as Thiago. But he is mature and is also able to do special things. Guardiola gives him huge praise. As he is around the same age group as Thiago, it will be hard to get time. He seems like a nice guy though, we will see how he does soon

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
If I may...

the 1 main "need" is clearly in the middle, I think the squad is well stocked up front (how many teams have someone like Berba as 3rd choice) and at the back (all young with good potential) the middle is the weakest area.

I'm torn as to whether a creative or destructive player is more needed, but I think a creative one shades it, I believe Sneijder would be a perfect player...

While I see the argument in having a Keane style huge presence in there, I think someone like Sneijder could have a big presence whilst also creating goals/chances and retaining the ball well, in the big games a 3 man midfield with Sneijder and say Carrick & Fletcher being more defensive would be solid enough with Rio & Vidic at the back, whereas I feel we can be lacking going forward at times even with the strikeforce & wingers in the squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule