English Premier League Thread III

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Leister City are building a very good team. They got tielemans + Maddison very exiting players (future world class for sure). Possibly gonna cash in on maguire for 80-90 mil. Have a good feeling about them

Indeed. Them and Wolves have exciting projects going.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Let's not make it out like fat Frank has made his way from the bottom as a coach.

He started in the second division, and actually had great results there. Should he have started in the regionals?

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
68590373_10157550207759374_6141137448924610560_o.jpg

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Is fergie there? You can sit back down again.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
SAF didn't anticipate the higher ups would mess up so bad and basically leave him powerless.

Also in fairness, SAF + Gill's reluctance in the transfer market is actually what started our decline. Guys like Hazard, Ribery, Aguero, Toure - all turned down because they (and their agents) were deemed too expensive.

Obviously since then it was just one catastrophe after another. This Summer we seem to be back on track in terms of 'making sense' but the problems are so deep it's impossible to fix in 1, 2 or even 3 years. We've just spent £130M to sort the defense, yet we're still in a situation where we are one injury to Pogba away from fielding two of 4 CM's who are all bottom 8 PL standard. If and when we can fix that, we'll be at a point where our very best player in Pogba may want to leave which just causes another headache. If that's solved then we can look to the front line where our best scorer tends to grab just 10 league goals a season.

It's hard to envisage a period when we aren't a mess when you look at the squad and see Darmian, Young, Rojo, Pereira, Fred, Matic, Mata and Lingard who are all not only 'not good enough', but are genuine liabilities. Above that there is McTomminay, Martial, Rashford, Shaw, Smalling, James who are all ok but not gonna win you any prizes.

The one genuine positive is that we have Greenwood (17), Gomes (18) and Tuanzebe (20) who are exceptional talents and have the potential to be genuine world beaters. Unfortunately the latter two have a stockpile of dead wood that will likely play before them.

Ahh well bring on the season. Liverpool won't get anywhere near the insane fortune they had last season (lack of injuries, that crazy period of lucky decisions/OGs/fresh players with no WC) whilst City have strengthened with Rodrigo and potentially Cancelo. Their best player won't miss half the season this time either.

City will walk it.
Liverpool a distant second.
Spurs will be closer but should choke once it looks like they may do something.
Arsenal/Chelsea/United to battle it out here.
Wolves won't achieve anything but will spoil some parties of the teams above. Probably us again.

First two games are massive for us. Chelsea at home and then Wolves away. The former is basically 50-50 and the latter battered us twice at their stadium last season to end both our top 4 + FA Cup hopes.

(been a loooong time since i've been in here!)

Last edited:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
SAF didn't anticipate the higher ups would mess up so bad and basically leave him powerless.

Also in fairness, SAF + Gill's reluctance in the transfer market is actually what started our decline. Guys like Hazard, Ribery, Aguero, Toure - all turned down because they (and their agents) were deemed too expensive.

Obviously since then it was just one catastrophe after another. This Summer we seem to be back on track in terms of 'making sense' but the problems are so deep it's impossible to fix in 1, 2 or even 3 years. We've just spent £130M to sort the defense, yet we're still in a situation where we are one injury to Pogba away from fielding two of 4 CM's who are all bottom 8 PL standard. If and when we can fix that, we'll be at a point where our very best player in Pogba may want to leave which just causes another headache. If that's solved then we can look to the front line where our best scorer tends to grab just 10 league goals a season.

It's hard to envisage a period when we aren't a mess when you look at the squad and see Darmian, Young, Rojo, Pereira, Fred, Matic, Mata and Lingard who are all not only 'not good enough', but are genuine liabilities. Above that there is McTomminay, Martial, Rashford, Shaw, Smalling, James who are all ok but not gonna win you any prizes.

The one genuine positive is that we have Greenwood (17), Gomes (18) and Tuanzebe (20) who are exceptional talents and have the potential to be genuine world beaters. Unfortunately the latter two have a stockpile of dead wood that will likely play before them.

Ahh well bring on the season. Liverpool won't get anywhere near the insane fortune they had last season (lack of injuries, that crazy period of lucky decisions/OGs/fresh players with no WC) whilst City have strengthened with Rodrigo and potentially Cancelo. Their best player won't miss half the season this time either.

City will walk it.
Liverpool a distant second.
Spurs will be closer but should choke once it looks like they may do something.
Arsenal/Chelsea/United to battle it out here.
Wolves won't achieve anything but will spoil some parties of the teams above. Probably us again.

First two games are massive for us. Chelsea at home and then Wolves away. The former is basically 50-50 and the latter battered us twice at their stadium last season to end both our top 4 + FA Cup hopes.

(been a loooong time since i've been in here!)

I don’t say this often

Fuck... I don’t think I’ve said this to more than 5 of the 55k members of RnB...

The General is pleased you’re back and posting

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Start a poll so we can vote who scores the most goals in Premier League between Kean and Cutrone.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli Beckham Berlusconi Pep Donnarumma
Start a poll so we can vote who scores the most goals in Premier League between Kean and Cutrone.

lol Cutrone is not gonna even start

Jota-jimenez are the starters

Cutrone might bag some against EL farmers. Barring injuries kean > Cutrone easily

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Ederson

Cancelo - Stones - Laporte - Mendy

Bernardo - Rodri - De Bruyne

Sterling - Aguero - Sane

Is there any doubt this team will runaway with the league. Liverpool or Spurs might hang in there in the first half of the season, but I can't see anybody keeping up with City after Christmas..much to deep.

Even bench is solid: Walker, Silva, Gundogan, Fernandinho, Mahrez, Jesus and I know I'm forgetting some.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Ederson

Cancelo - Stones - Laporte - Mendy

Bernardo - Rodri - De Bruyne

Sterling - Aguero - Sane

Is there any doubt this team will runaway with the league. Liverpool or Spurs might hang in there in the first half of the season, but I can't see anybody keeping up with City after Christmas..much to deep.

Even bench is solid: Walker, Silva, Gundogan, Fernandinho, Mahrez, Jesus and I know I'm forgetting some.

Tottenham might match it.

Lloris

Aurier - Vertonghen - Alderweireld - Rose

Lo Celso - Ndombele - Eriksen

Dybala

Son - Kane

Dele Alli, Dier, Sissoko, Lucas Moura, Lamela, Sanchez, Wanyama, Foyth and Davies on the bench.

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Tottenham might match it.

Lloris

Aurier - Vertonghen - Alderweireld - Rose

Lo Celso - Ndombele - Eriksen

Dybala

Son - Kane

Dele Alli, Dier, Sissoko, Lucas Moura, Lamela, Sanchez, Wanyama, Foyth and Davies on the bench.
I absolutely love what Spurs are doing, but you know they will drop points against lesser teams. City are deeper thus I favor them for the league. But in terms of champions league I can see Spurs going far once again, they can beat anybody. They built a really good team.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
City will win it by 7-10 points.
Liverpool
Spurs
Arsenal
United/Chelsea

It's called a big 6 and whilst the top is definitely more stacked than any other league, it is basically the top 2 as one group and then 4-6 as another. Spurs basically languish in between as they're really good yet not good enough.

I would fancy us to do very well in the EL but we'll be playing our younger/fringe players.

Arsene

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
From the bottom of my heart. Thank you Milan for taking Gazidis from us. We are alive as a club again.

Arsene

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I absolutely love what Spurs are doing, but you know they will drop points against lesser teams. City are deeper thus I favor them for the league. But in terms of champions league I can see Spurs going far once again, they can beat anybody. They built a really good team.
Spurs problem is the strike force. Their central midfield is class

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
From the bottom of my heart. Thank you Milan for taking Gazidis from us. We are alive as a club again.

Ban him for however long gazidis is our CEO.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Chelsea eye £80m Wilfried Zaha move in January if they can overturn transfer ban

Lol!

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Based on what?
Signing Pepe? David Luiz? Tierney, Saliba, Ceballos?

You've learned nothing.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Premier League starts today.

Man City will win it again.

Man Utd going into the season as underdogs, for first time since ...(?)

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder how Norwich plan to survive in the premier league this season when their cb's don't defend

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Their winger Buendia has impressed me, looks like a player with good technique. Never heard of him before today.

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I just realized Aston Villa spent something like 150€ million this summer. Money really flowing well in epl.

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
United - Chelsea today, Game Week One could end spectacularly.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
The Worst coach derby?

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, Pirlo, Super Pippo
Really cant see Cutrone making first team at Wolves

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The Worst coach derby?

Remains to be seen, Lampard has a good chance to turn into a great coach. He has a great start so far to his coaching career.