Takarada :proud:

Last edited:

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Demetrio Albertini, Prinz Eugen
:lol:

I only remember him as that kansai accent guy who got buttraped by sanageyama :fp:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Character battle: I can do a video game character round of 8 example:

Cloud strife
Link
Kratos
Sephiroth
Mega man
Bowser
Squall leonhart
M. bison

They get paired up (usually by a seeding that's predetermined)

Then, the posts argue about who would win a fight between the two

It would be interesting if you include cross genre characters- comics/manga/video games/movies

I mean- hell boy vs batman or a tank type of manga character vs the hulk.

Anyways- I say we do it annually.

Oh and I start reading 20th century boys next week after I'm done with a few projects...

So then there's that

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
I feared that's what you meant...

It never works out, because characters from different universes are bound by different rules and regulations.

It usually just ends up being a petty squable.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I feared that's what you meant...

It never works out, because characters from different universes are bound by different rules and regulations.

It usually just ends up being a petty squable.

I'm the dude with the beard and the glasses.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Last edited:

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Character battles are always funny especially when they include Cloud.

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
Thank you. :)

Okay..

I think I understand where you're going with this but that involves an isolated comparison which happens to contain the necessary information.

There are just too many variables to take in to consideration. And without actual facts, it's going to be difficult to debate, if at all possible.

And that's ignoring all the inconsistencies fiction tends to contain.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Thank you. :)

Okay..

I think I understand where you're going with this but that involves an isolated comparison which happens to contain the necessary information.

There are just too many variables to take in to consideration. And without actual facts, it's going to be difficult to debate, if at all possible.

And that's ignoring all the inconsistencies fiction tends to contain.

This isn't supposed to be an exact science.

This is supposed to be fun. The arguing is part of the fun.

Go with it.

We talkin bout fictional shit in the first place

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
Like I said before, it just doesn't work.

If you find a way, then I'll play ball.

Sir Crookodile

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, K.Honda, Mugen, PRINCE, Ibra, Balotelli, Niang
Me as well - doesn't work :/.

And personally, the closest thing I've come to your way of indulgence was when I read DB so often that eventually I counted the amount of sweat drops. Especially Vegeta :angel: and while I admit that I got extra swooned on such occasions, it's not something I'll bother again.

But I think you'd find this site interesting:
http://outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/

I haven't visited it for years for couple of reasons, but I'm in debt for introducing me to Lady Death, The Sentry and couple of other badass characters (at the same time It made me experience the annoying structure comics have; overlapping stories/countless spin-offs..).

edit
I think I had it when people at mangafox argued over A (Narutoverse)'s speed; deducing his mach from the shadow of couple of trees. That was enough commitment for me :tongue:

Last edited:

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Like I said before, it just doesn't work.

If you find a way, then I'll play ball.

You make the rules as you go with some basic knowledge of the abilities of each character..

The way someone 'wins' in a thread format can be 2 ways:

Go full geek out and vote on HP for characters. The character who reaches 100 damage first loses.

You also bring in an odd number of posters to each battle for a tie breaker. It can't be everyone in on the battle. A simple example is: I have carachter 1 someone has another an a 3rd 'neutral' poster is a 'judge'

If you say this doesn't work then you're saying table top role playing can't ever work.

What would make it work for sure if there was an online 12 sided dice that we could use. I think I've heard of something like that btw.

Possibilities are endless with a good creative approach.

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
discussing how to have creative fun discussions

:fp:

naturally, these things are at their best when instantaneous.

you force the issue, you gonna be disappointed.

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Going to be a cool story bro and say...

...that I started Ghost Hound last night and it's quite good, though I don't have a clue what's going on, yet.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
discussing how to have creative fun discussions

:fp:

naturally, these things are at their best when instantaneous.

you force the issue, you gonna be disappointed.

the 'fun' isn't planned.

I'm not suggesting anything different than a game with some loose rules.

That's like telling someone who creates an RPG game- why are you making this story that I have to follow up with certain battle rules? there's a certain 'order' to anything. But I hear you. I don't think this thread is ready for something like that yet.

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Demetrio Albertini, Prinz Eugen
You should dig outTfat's post about how antman is the strongest cartoon character in the universe.
:lol:

---

Derp, ever play DMC3?
I remember vaguely.. its the one where dante fought the demon in his office right? Never finished the game thou

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
the 'fun' isn't planned.

I'm not suggesting anything different than a game with some loose rules.

That's like telling someone who creates an RPG game- why are you making this story that I have to follow up with certain battle rules? there's a certain 'order' to anything. But I hear you. I don't think this thread is ready for something like that yet.

you know..this surprised me...I thought you got the point, but then I read the last sentence...

Thanks though. it made me lol.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
you know..this surprised me...I thought you got the point, but then I read the last sentence...

Thanks though. it made me lol.

Listen- watch the movie "zero charisma." It'll make you laugh your ass off and I think you'll know even more why I'm challenging this point.

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
You make the rules as you go with some basic knowledge of the abilities of each character..

The way someone 'wins' in a thread format can be 2 ways:

Go full geek out and vote on HP for characters. The character who reaches 100 damage first loses.

You also bring in an odd number of posters to each battle for a tie breaker. It can't be everyone in on the battle. A simple example is: I have carachter 1 someone has another an a 3rd 'neutral' poster is a 'judge'

If you say this doesn't work then you're saying table top role playing can't ever work.

What would make it work for sure if there was an online 12 sided dice that we could use. I think I've heard of something like that btw.

Possibilities are endless with a good creative approach.
That's the other thing I feared, creating our own rules the characters have to abide by.

I don't think anyone here is dedicated enough to do that, also time will be a problem.

But again, feel free to try.

You should dig outTfat's post about how antman is the strongest cartoon character in the universe.
I remember vaguely.. its the one where dante fought the demon in his office right? Never finished the game thou
Yes it's that game. Guess it's pointless now, I was just going to say I like how similar Kill la Kill is.

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
which anime isn't nowadays...I tried to find out what guilty crown was on yt...the first 4 minutes was the opening =S

I aint got time fo dat ! :o lol

I think pubes suggested that show; yet another anime with a girl that gives magical powers. Damn, must be 3 billion of those out there. Unoriginal and bland, :thumbsdown:

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Stephan-El-Shaarawy, Balotelli, Ronaldo(CR7), Kaka, and Buffon
I think pubes suggested that show; yet another anime with a girl that gives magical powers. Damn, must be 3 billion of those out there. Unoriginal and bland, :thumbsdown:

Very decent show, if you all actually tried out some of these shows instead of slapping the "meh" stamp on ot befofe even watching 10 min you guys would enjoy anime alot more

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Stephan-El-Shaarawy, Balotelli, Ronaldo(CR7), Kaka, and Buffon
Its kind of like watching a movie you know is filled with cliche elements but has enough originality to keep it interesting.

Expecting something to blow your fucking mind in originality when it comes to anime is gonna leave you disappointed for years to come. You know how many anime come out PER SEASON? Like 20-30. It can well add up to 100+ a year. You expect a majority of them to gold? No, the more that come out the tighter the sphere of creativity constricts.

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mediocre anime isn't worth my time. Why would I waste my days watching shitty anime? If you do that, more power to you, but it's pointless and suggests more about you than the show if you enjoy bland ass entertainment.

Schedule