Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
#TeamSuso4Life :o

#Nothing2Prove :proud:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I would take that over that gungho projected lineup posted before with a Krunic , Bennacer Paqueta 'midfield' any day.

Krunic and Paqueta are Nocerino's and Bennacer while being better defensively than them is not an anchor and is overly aggressive.

PLEASE play double pivot midfield systems Pioli....PLEASEEEEE

It seems like he's leaning towards the 541, which makes a lot of sense. Having acres of space behind Theo is suicide against Juve so playing Rodriguez there and dropping a midfielder should work to give more balance.

I'm still thinking Leao would work better than Piatek here, but it would be weird to reward his lack of effort against Lazio with a start against Juve...

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Looks like the 3-4-2-1 which is arguably the best lineup we can go for at the moment.

Bennacer and Krunic can cement their place in the starting XI if they use this opportunity and keep Biglia and Kessie benched, hopefully forever.

I’d still like Calabria instead of Conti, even as a wingback. Otherwise the right lineup.

Suso or Paqueta is also the correct way to look at it. Both of them together can’t coexist. Hakan is much better for the team than both of them and should always start. Between Suso and Paqueta, Suso definitely gives more guarantees.

db98199aac541e94975fc071f1241492.jpg

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
We need Leao and Paqueta for this game... Piatek won't get anything. If Pioli doesn't see this, he's as foolish as Giampaolo.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I'm excited for the game and thrilled by the probable lineup. Can't help it, I'm a Milan fan.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I love when the camera shows faces of our management during the game.

These guys have that desperate-lost look.

I always chuckle.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
fuck, I thought today is the 10th :(

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Looks like the 3-4-2-1 which is arguably the best lineup we can go for at the moment.

Bennacer and Krunic can cement their place in the starting XI if they use this opportunity and keep Biglia and Kessie benched, hopefully forever.

I’d still like Calabria instead of Conti, even as a wingback. Otherwise the right lineup.

Suso or Paqueta is also the correct way to look at it. Both of them together can’t coexist. Hakan is much better for the team than both of them and should always start. Between Suso and Paqueta, Suso definitely gives more guarantees.

db98199aac541e94975fc071f1241492.jpg

I agree that this team kind of lends itself to a 3-4-2-1 or 3-4-1-2 but whether we can play with a back three at short notice is another thing. It didn't work with Montella back a couple of years ago to accomodate Bonucci, but hopefully Pioli can make it work.

Donnarumma
Musacchio Caldara Romagnoli
Calabria Bennacer Kessie Theo
Paqueta Bonaventura
Leao

Rebic Piatek Suso
Borini Calhanoglu Krunic Conti
Rodriguez Gabbia Duarte
Reina

Other subs: A.Donnarumma, Biglia, Castillejo

Double pivot seems a bit lacking in depth as we don't really have that many who can play there with the possible exception of Kessie and Bennacer in my opinion, and neither have covered themselves in glory this season. But hopefully we can turn the corner and get enough points until the winter break, and Ibra, Rakitic and/or Matic, and maybe a wingback who can play both on the right and left, will join in the winter.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
I love when the camera shows faces of our management during the game.

These guys have that desperate-lost look.

I always chuckle.

I noticed that too and it breaks my heart.:( Don't really give a shit about Gazidis and Scaroni, but with Paolo and Zvone it just really hits hard. It's like Gattuso looking clueless on the touchline last season.:cry:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I agree that this team kind of lends itself to a 3-4-2-1 or 3-4-1-2 but whether we can play with a back three at short notice is another thing. It didn't work with Montella back a couple of years ago to accomodate Bonucci, but hopefully Pioli can make it work.

Donnarumma

Musacchio Caldara Romagnoli

Calabria Bennacer Kessie Theo

Paqueta Bonaventura

Leao

Rebic Piatek Suso

Borini Calhanoglu Krunic Conti

Rodriguez Gabbia Duarte

Reina

Other subs: A.Donnarumma, Biglia, Castillejo

Double pivot seems a bit lacking in depth as we don't really have that many who can play there with the possible exception of Kessie and Bennacer in my opinion, and neither have covered themselves in glory this season. But hopefully we can turn the corner and get enough points until the winter break, and Ibra, Rakitic and/or Matic, and maybe a wingback who can play both on the right and left, will join in the winter.

We’ve been playing with a back 3 for large parts of 4 games now. Almost the entire Lecce game. I think Pioli’s intent was always to transition into this fully.

I don’t like a back 3 personally, but with the type of defenders we have, it makes a lot of sense.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We’ve been playing with a back 3 for large parts of 4 games now. Almost the entire Lecce game. I think Pioli’s intent was always to transition into this fully.

I don’t like a back 3 personally, but with the type of defenders we have, it makes a lot of sense.

I don't like a back 3 either but at this stage I'm desperate for anything! Let's hope it starts working like a charm tomorrow night!

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
A thing to be said about this formation is that Bennacer and Krunic has shown little of the defensive coherency to be able to successfully stop the Juve midfield at full blast tomorrow. It's intriguing from a creative and offensive point if view, but I'm afraid there'll be plenty of times where we're outplayed in the midfield and that we'll track backwards in an exposed manner.

I'm so sick of Biglia and Kessie tho that I'm willing to take that risk.

I'm almost more hopeful of Krunic than of Bennacer to be honest. I think he has the makings of a very exciting box to box player for us.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A thing to be said about this formation is that Bennacer and Krunic has shown little of the defensive coherency to be able to successfully stop the Juve midfield at full blast tomorrow. It's intriguing from a creative and offensive point if view, but I'm afraid there'll be plenty of times where we're outplayed in the midfield and that we'll track backwards in an exposed manner.

I'm almost more hopeful of Krunic than of Bennacer to be honest. I think he has the makings of a very exciting box to box player for us.

Krunic was always the best signing of the window for me. I hope he keeps improving.

However, he’s not the answer to having a solid midfield. We need to dip into the market for a strong DM who can play alongside Krunic or Bennacer. A Giampaolo midfield can’t play a Pioli (or most other managers’) game.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players

I hope Krunic and Bennacer's knowledge of each other will pay dividends - even though they had either Hamed Traore or Acquah with them before in a three-man midfield.

So maybe we'll have an out-and-out no holds barred slugfest with Juve on their own turf? I guess we got nothing to lose. If we sit back and crawl into our shell it'll probably end up badly anyway. Might as well go down fighting proudly. Might even grab a point or three.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Krunic was always the best signing of the window for me. I hope he keeps improving.

However, he’s not the answer to having a solid midfield. We need to dip into the market for a strong DM who can play alongside Krunic or Bennacer. A Giampaolo midfield can’t play a Pioli (or most other managers’) game.

A Giampaolo midfield can't even play a Giampaolo game clearly.

I hope Piatek doesn't start. He has been nothing other than fucking horrendous for pretty much the entire season.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
When you think about it, we're having midfielders from relegated Empoli.

I mean, I love Ben but it's depressing fact. :cry:

Krunić as CDM is trouble in the making, he can't play there. It's gonna be a long night for us.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
When you think about it, we're having midfielders from relegated Empoli.

I mean, I love Ben but it's depressing fact. :cry:

Krunić as CDM is trouble in the making, he can't play there. It's gonna be a long night for us.

Sensi was from midtable Sassuolo, Barella from garbage Cagliari.

Everyone has to start somewhere.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
True but we're having 2/3 CM's from relegated team. :o

Sasuolo and Cagliari are at least stable midtable clubs. Big difference between "relegated" and "midtable".

Ben is ok but Krunić is meh player. Decent as cheap backup but he's far from being good material for starting XI. For Milan.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The manager, in agreement with the club, decided not to call-up #Kessie for disciplinary reasons. The Ivorian has been poor in training in addition to being late once. @SempreMilanCom

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
To be fair I expect both our players and our manager to be taught a lesson tomorrow. Again.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
According to Peppe Di Stefano we're going to start with a 4-3-3 with Conti at RB. Against the best team in the league.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
To be fair I expect both our players and our manager to be taught a lesson tomorrow. Again.

We know whats coming yet we all are still cannot wait to watch this game. What is best word to describe us? :fp:

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we get a point from this I will suck my own cock

whiterabbit

Galliani sucks big time
Reaction score
I remember a time when a Juve/Milan derby was so close that it could go either way at any moment, now the only uncertainty is are we going to lose by 2/3 or 4?

I’ve never placed a bet again Milan, but tomorrow i’ll put down 1k on Juve winning by 2 or more goals, that’s how certain I am we’re gonna lose this one

Schedule