• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Rooney won't be benched because of the inability of human beings to appreciate sunk costs. Fergie will always think of the money they are paying to keep him there, and conclude that he must start since he is worth so much.

I can remember multiple occasions last season when Welbeck was playing much better than Rooney, but the old man chose to sub out Welbeck.

jackfrost

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
With the way things are looking, RVP wouldn't partner Rooney - it would be Kagawa. Rooney has been shocking for about 8 months minus a tap in every game.

Paul Scholes on the other hand....well he just won the MOTM against Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets :proud:

I wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal also asks for Welbeck in exchange.

Still I would expect RVP to start most games if he comes. Kagawa has looked very good as a cam.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Rooney won't be benched because of the inability of human beings to appreciate sunk costs. Fergie will always think of the money they are paying to keep him there, and conclude that he must start since he is worth so much.

I can remember multiple occasions last season when Welbeck was playing much better than Rooney, but the old man chose to sub out Welbeck.

i think fergie would bench him.

But I think Rooney would respond with getting back to his best. The man is competitive.

And a lot of his play screams of lethargic attitude at the moment.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
aguero > RVP

city don't need RVP, tbh man utd don't need him either.

to be honest, @ CF.... I'm not sure that's true, but eitherway, you have to admit different styles and likely would compliment each other.

City don't need him. City didn't need balotelli either though. This move is pure.... i don't know what to call it really. Just a waste of money. Sign a 29 year old with injury history who is slightly than dzeko and probably better than tevez (atleast at CF), just so you can sell one of the two for a lower value?

jackfrost

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
any truth to welbeck + cash to Arsenal for RVP? Welbeck is not included in the squad going to Germany. .could also be fergie puttin pressure on welbeck to put pen to paper.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
tbf, manutd fan is really harsh when he talks about rooney, he scored 35 goals last season, probably had double digit assists.

he did have a few bad games last season, but scoring 35 + assists is fantastic.

jackfrost

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
tbf, manutd fan is really harsh when he talks about rooney, he scored 35 goals last season, probably had double digit assists.

he did have a few bad games last season, but scoring 35 + assists is fantastic.

rooney had a more than few bad games last season. In fact, he had way more bad games then he had good games. But he did bang in a lot of goals.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
doesn't matter, scored 35 :D

when you score so much, you should be excused.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
I've lost count of the amount of big players that have rejected us in recent years.

- Ballack
- Essien
- Robben
- Ramsey
- Villa
- Nasri
- Mikel
- Toure
- Benzema
- Sanchez
- Ozil
- Bale
- Lucas
- Hazard

All those players could have come to United but for various reasons went somewhere else.

Benzema or Ronaldinho would be your biggest loss I guess.

People calling RVP the "Sneijder" of this summer :tongue:

I think deal could be wrapped up once you offload Berba and pay the fee Arsenal is demanding.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
i heard from my brother that City used a 3 man backline during pre-season and Mancini liked what he saw. any truth in this and who would play the 3rd CB, Toure, Savic?

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
I've lost count of the amount of big players that have rejected us in recent years.

- Ballack
- Essien
- Robben
- Ramsey
- Villa
- Nasri
- Mikel
- Toure
- Benzema
- Sanchez
- Ozil
- Bale
- Lucas
- Hazard

All those players could have come to United but for various reasons went somewhere else.

Benzema or Ronaldinho would be your biggest loss I guess.

Shearer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He wud've been sick at Utd... too bad he was shit scard of keane.

OneUnited

Reaction score
After spending at least £1.5 billion between them, it still can't inspire enough devotion to fill a stadium that isn't even half the capacity of Wembley.

Manchester City and Chelsea, ladies and gentlemen.

luke07

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Boban,Bierhoff, Sheva,Pjanic,Keisuke Honda,Teppei Sakamoto,Bastian Schweinsteiger
2012 Community Shield
Villa Park

comshield.png

1-1​

:o

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Yaya :proud: :star:

1-1

beautiful shot by tevez, 1-2

Last edited:

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
all the time in the world to make that shot, I know they're a man down but the chelski defence is all over the shop

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
i choose to ignore a teenager gay wannabe

i just choose it, so? yay me :proud:

3-1 :proud:

What?

I mean... what?

You're hardly coherent at the best of times.. You're like Ashish on acid and with hooves instead of fingers.

gay wannabe? Oh, that cut deep.

Perhaps you'll be banned again.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
kuja baiting luke :fp:

Nah.

Luke just tries to show how much he dislikes me when it's really not needed. Like in the P+S thread.

So I comment to laugh at his scarf collection and then he calls me a gay wannabe.

luke07

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Boban,Bierhoff, Sheva,Pjanic,Keisuke Honda,Teppei Sakamoto,Bastian Schweinsteiger
almost 4-1 :eek:

aaaaaaaaaaaah teenagers with their typical shits :proud:

come on city, come on chelsea, come on city

what a fucked up :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule