Tiemoue Bakayoko Thread

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
If he's not perfect by 24 years of age, then he's fodder!

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You are joking, Bakayoko can only go upward. and is still a relatively young player. I think he has been a start in CL caliber teams already.

Yup

He was an important piece in Monaco's team that got to the CL semis and beat PSG to Ligue 1 at 22... remember that's how he got his big money move after Conte forced Matic out just to get Baka?

So glad we got him, in my eyes hes exactly the type of a mid that can become an all rounder and his physicality is just so imposing

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Let's be honest Bakayoko has been very good as of lately but to say he is the best player from us (or Suso) during this season so far, it is just laughable IMO (very important.) Kessie has been more influential than Bakayoko so far.

Also, Gigio and Alessio have been probably the 2 best things for Milan this season so far even with their fuckups.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
How can you be an all round midfielder if you can’t pass or shoot to save your life, or you are so unaware of your surroundings that you turn directly into trouble multiple times per game.

Bakayoko’s strengths:
- dribbling
- destroying (due to sheer physicality and not positioning or awareness)

Weaknesses:
- awareness of surroundings
- ball control
- passing
- shooting
- decision making
- positioning

What is it that you guys are seeing that makes you think he is or can be a world beater? Yes he destroys small teams players with slow decision making?

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
positioning, awareness, composure, decision making is all needed to break up plays
And every match he shows that he is much more than that.
This guy is still improving.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Idk about you but i like him and his play style alot. He is like a magnet for lose balls, has incredible ability to steal the ball without foul like its nothing.

Also seems very likable as a guy, he never complains about fouls never talks with ref, even after yellow cards or bad decisions.
One of my favorite players already

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Idk about you but i like him and his play style alot. He is like a magnet for lose balls, has incredible ability to steal the ball without foul like its nothing.

Also seems very likable as a guy, he never complains about fouls never talks with ref, even after yellow cards or bad decisions.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

It'll cause riots if we don't redeem him. Player of the season so far.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
His dribbling :heart:

The ceiling here is scary... did you see him unleash rockets with his left?

15462131502061535.gif

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Let's be honest Bakayoko has been very good as of lately but to say he is the best player from us (or Suso) during this season so far, it is just laughable IMO (very important.) Kessie has been more influential than Bakayoko so far.

Also, Gigio and Alessio have been probably the 2 best things for Milan this season so far even with their fuckups.

Baka has been better than kessie ever since the Juve game. The guy does everything, last game shouldve scored

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Baka has been better than kessie ever since the Juve game. The guy does everything, last game shouldve scored

Has he really? Like I said before. Bakayoko has been improving since his start with us. At the beginning, IMO he was the French Bertolacci, now he is Bakayoko. If he improves I might call him Timmy. The thing I still have trouble with Bakayoko is that sometimes he just needs to pass the ball instead of dribble and losing the ball which causes trouble for our defense. Now, if for some reason we get Fabregas, do you send Bakayoko to the bench?

About Kessie, C'mon the dud has been playing injured. Tactically he is not there yet but he eats the whole midfield. This is just me but if we lose Kessie, I know our midfield is Fucked. That is my feeling, for Bakayoko I think that our midfield would be in trouble but we could do something about it.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
How can you be an all round midfielder if you can’t pass or shoot to save your life, or you are so unaware of your surroundings that you turn directly into trouble multiple times per game.

Bakayoko’s strengths:
- dribbling
- destroying (due to sheer physicality and not positioning or awareness)

Weaknesses:
- awareness of surroundings
- ball control
- passing
- shooting
- decision making
- positioning

What is it that you guys are seeing that makes you think he is or can be a world beater? Yes he destroys small teams players with slow decision making?

good at dribbling but bad at ball control? how does that even work? positioning and awareness is the first thing required to be a good destroyer. he is not headless like poli or samu or even cutrone at times running around contributing nothing. shooting his weakness? he hasn't taken many but looked okayish when he did. passing is somewhat questionable. haven't really seen him making decisive passes(long or short).

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Baka and Kessie could form a great double pivot in the future, if one of them would learn to deliver some long passes (or maybe one of the CBs could do that). In terms of covering ground, I think they would have no problem.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Bakayoko has been better than Kessie ever since I can remember tbh.

Didn't watch the last match but I can't remember Kessie playing well, just infuriating

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Bakayoko has been better than Kessie ever since I can remember tbh.

Didn't watch the last match but I can't remember Kessie playing well, just infuriating

Kessie has been good but I just think Bakayoko has been exceptional recently and it shows.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Had to Go on transfermarket to see what his dominant foot was ... i even started to think he was a leftie as he uses is just as much as his right for passes, long balls... even his saved long effort was from the left

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
good at dribbling but bad at ball control? how does that even work? positioning and awareness is the first thing required to be a good destroyer. he is not headless like poli or samu or even cutrone at times running around contributing nothing. shooting his weakness? he hasn't taken many but looked okayish when he did. passing is somewhat questionable. haven't really seen him making decisive passes(long or short).

Ball control in reference to first touch. Which, when you compare Kessie and Bakayoko for example, Kessie's is usually fantastic and Bakayoko's takes the ball feet away from him which is why he has to dribble so much.

Positioning and awareness is what someone like Busquets or even Biglia uses to break play up. Cutting off passing lanes, anticipating where the ball is going to go and beginning to make a movement in that direction. It is a proactive method of breaking up play.

What Bakayoko does is react to what is going on around him and reach areas due to sheer ability to cover ground. He has no idea where the ball will end up, but once it is near his zone he runs to win it back. Completely reactionary.

Now I think there is a place for a destroyer like him in the squad, but he should never be a starter for us if we truly are a team with CL ambitions.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Ball control in reference to first touch. Which, when you compare Kessie and Bakayoko for example, Kessie's is usually fantastic and Bakayoko's takes the ball feet away from him which is why he has to dribble so much.

Positioning and awareness is what someone like Busquets or even Biglia uses to break play up. Cutting off passing lanes, anticipating where the ball is going to go and beginning to make a movement in that direction. It is a proactive method of breaking up play.

What Bakayoko does is react to what is going on around him and reach areas due to sheer ability to cover ground. He has no idea where the ball will end up, but once it is near his zone he runs to win it back. Completely reactionary.

Now I think there is a place for a destroyer like him in the squad, but he should never be a starter for us if we truly are a team with CL ambitions.

i don't think kessie's first touch is any better than baka and biglia is constantly out of position not to mention how sloppy he is when passing. biglia however can make some good attack starting moves. busquets is definitely better, but its also thanks to the way barca plays. they press like crazy as a team and stay compact when defending. right now baka really fits in our team. too bad we went out of el or else we could see how he fared against better teams.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Baka is good at everything except long passes and occasional brain farts.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Absolutely dominated Genoa’s midfield today, we have to buy him in the summer. This is Monaco’s Bakayoko :proud:

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
if we don't snatch him he will turn out to be a superstar at another team
great composure& control, and what's more important is that he's unbelievably consistent unlike some other players.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
His immense coverage (thanks to his long legs and gazelle-like moves) reminds me of Van Bommel. You place Bakayoko in the center of the pitch and he will cover a significant rectangle of space around him.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
He’s probably worth the 40m to be fair...

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
His immense coverage (thanks to his long legs and gazelle-like moves) reminds me of Van Bommel. You place Bakayoko in the center of the pitch and he will cover a significant rectangle of space around him.
:thumbsup:

A true shield. even when he has a bad touch you know he wont be easily stripped like our Dm`s in the past

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Must redeem. Worth 40m for sure if he can keep up these performances. Solid and only going to get better with age.

Schedule