AC Milan's Financial Situation Thread

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind it if Milan would play europa league for the next 3 years, if we manage to reinvest the money from Silva (and hopefully Ibra, Cassano, Robinho, Mexes sales) on a new stadium... I am ready to accept a few dark ages, if I know that Milan will return to the top of european football during the next decade, but the way things are going, we are losing even when we win.

Lionheart

Banned
Reaction score
So do you guys think we can go for players 10+ million now? Or are we just stuck with the free transfers for the rest of the transfer market?

This Is Milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Thing is: We could easily get enough cash to spend 15 million on a player.

Sell Paloschi, Di Gennaro, Taiwo, Mesbah and maybe Didac. Enough to buy a useful player for our squad.

xaris

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baresi
Having these players:

Abbiati - Gabriel - Amelia
Abate - Mexes - Silva - Yepes - Urby (antonini-bonera)
Ambrosini - Boateng - Muntari - Nocerino - Montolivo (Strasser)
Cassano - El Sh. - Ibra - Robinho - Pato

i think that all we need is to have them all healthy!

a defense with abate-Mexes-Silva-urby is good
midfield with Montolivo-Boateng-noce/munt. is fine
attack with Cassano-Ibra-Robinho/Pato/El Sh. is perfect

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
with 1 or 2 midfielders we are actually fine as we are.

MilanDelaware

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Gullit, Rijkaard, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Albertini, Gattuso
Milan and Inter need to take matters into their own hands. They need to work together to build a new stadium. I do not care where, but build one. Share it like they do now, like the Jets and Giants and then both teams benefit financially without the complete burden. A new stadium should go up in 2 years max...American teams build stadiums in a year, year and a half. The initial investment may mean a couple of lean years middle of the table, but I will take it. Give me 5 mid table years, for 20 Milan years and I'll take it tomorrow.

Ownership needs to sh*t or get off the pot.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Thing is: We could easily get enough cash to spend 15 million on a player.

Sell Paloschi, Di Gennaro, Taiwo, Mesbah and maybe Didac. Enough to buy a useful player for our squad.

15mil is like 25% of balancing our finances for 2012

we can't buy if we sell these wonderfull personalities

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
San Siro turf to remain natural
By Football Italia staff

Inter and Milan have opted against installing a fully synthetic pitch at San Siro, instead choosing a surface that is predominantly natural.

Much debate and criticism from visiting teams, most notably Barcelona in March, has surrounded the quality of the playing surface that is relayed twice a year at the 82,000-seater stadium.

In the spring, Rossonero Vice-President Adriano Galliani confirmed that the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza’s two tenants would look into finding a long-term solution to the surface and hinted that an artificial surface would be the best option.

However, in considering their options, Inter and Milan have agreed to instead choose a mixed surface that consists mostly of naturally-grown grass, mixed with soil, sand and artificial grass underneath.

As La Repubblica report, the pitch that is developed by Dutch company Desso is designed to provide ‘optimal performance’ for users for up to 900 hours of play, as opposed to the 300 hours the current, 100 per cent natural turf San Siro has.

The new surface, which will be ready for the season kick-off in August, will require ‘constant illumination’, which will be achieved between games by installing and suspending lamps two feet above the surface.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
we cut wage bill for almost 55 mil so next year we will have no more then 15 mil maxi.red which is great

good to here that

but we still have too many high earners around here who deliver very less

Reaction score
Finances

The thing most people understand is that Milan's finances are not that bad go to the swiss ramble and really analyze our finances. It's just that our wage bill is incredibly high for our level of revenue and quality of team. Its a joke that we paid 17 million euros last year for flamini and Gattuso of which neither of them played. Galliani needs to take some responsibilitiy. Juve have as good of a squad as us but pay a much lower wage bill. I would gladly sell robinho to balance the books this year but also because 8 million a year for the next three years should be able to buy us one better player. If galliani lowers the wage bill significantly whichc isnt hard after many expensive players left this season then we'll have more money to spend on trransfer fees.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
The thing most people understand is that Milan's finances are not that bad go to the swiss ramble and really analyze our finances. It's just that our wage bill is incredibly high for our level of revenue and quality of team. Its a joke that we paid 17 million euros last year for flamini and Gattuso of which neither of them played. Galliani needs to take some responsibilitiy. Juve have as good of a squad as us but pay a much lower wage bill. I would gladly sell robinho to balance the books this year but also because 8 million a year for the next three years should be able to buy us one better player. If galliani lowers the wage bill significantly whichc isnt hard after many expensive players left this season then we'll have more money to spend on trransfer fees.

Been trying to say this for a while.

Our wages have been too high for 5 years. Atleast if we're going to run a deficiit and go into the read HAVE THE QUALITY TO JUSTIFY IT.

What Galliani's done is poor business.

Nepotism.

I would fire his ass if I was Berlusconi. And the fact silvio didn't puts the blame on him too

Reaction score
Completely agree... Galliani is a genius when it comes to transfer fees but he doesn't restrain to the wage budget. It makes milan way worse but this year i did the math and we should be saving around 35 million on wages overall and bc transfer fees so far for this summer is low i cant see amortization increasing therfore next year we should break even and then imagine if the arab investors give us money to buy and fix up san siro then well make 12 to 15 million more on revenue and gain another 10 million bc we wont have to pay the stupid rent fees anymore.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Money: Milan made €82 million from sponsorhsip and publicity in 2011. First in Italy and 5th in Europe.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
acerвιc wιт;1396956 said:
Money: Milan made €82 million from sponsorhsip and publicity in 2011. First in Italy and 5th in Europe.

source?

Reaction score
hi guys I'm new here as a PSG fan...
I have few questions about Milan financial situation, is that really bad?
Do they really need cash from us to establish the deficit ?
or it's just speculation?
answers would be much much appreciated tnx

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
81qv.png

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
The match day revenue this season of Juve is €33m which is a huge growth comparing to their last season (only €11m). The number is expected to be higher next season when they will be competing in the Champions League. Meanwhile, we only generated €29.3m in 2011 despite the fact that San Siro is almost double the size of Juve Arena and our average attendance is much higher than Juve (53,916 vs. 37,545)

We desperately need our own stadium now to be able to compete with other top teams!

stadiumincome.png

DiavoloEmpio

Beginner
Reaction score
In a drawer full of red and black panties
Fav. Players
Abate, Nocerino, Rivera, Gattuso, Maldini, Pirlo
We don't only need our own stadium, but Silvio to step down. He wants to run Milan like it's Atalanta, instead of the world class club it is.

I think if stadium + buying/producing world class players were implemented, the stadium would be full the way it used to be, and the way it is during derbies.

ShevaDaniel

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SHEVA, MARCO VAN BASTEN
unless :b: and :g: brings someone really big.this season,ac milan will sell 5-10 season tickets.:lol:
2 weeks ago,:g: asked the fans to come to the stadium,without proper replacements ,at the stadium will be only :b: ,:g: and the journalists.

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
It isn't about being financially poor guys. What is about starting a new wage policy and can't start it unless you start it from scratch. So what that all old, well paid senators left? Ibra would have automaticaly become a new one. We are going back right back in time to the days when Pirlo arrived when over 2 years it just became a different Milan.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Maldini, Van Basten, Rui Costa, Dida, Cafu, Desailly, Papin, Thiago Silva
We don't only need our own stadium, but Silvio to step down. He wants to run Milan like it's Atalanta, instead of the world class club it is.

I think if stadium + buying/producing world class players were implemented, the stadium would be full the way it used to be, and the way it is during derbies.

I agree

Eccolo

Keep calm! Sell everyone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players
Does anyone know roughly how big our current wage list are? 120 net or?

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
People who claim Berlusconi as being cheap don't understand the entire situation, are rather naive and have no idea the amount Berlusconi is investing annually. Last season, Milan generated the fifth highest wage bill in any sport in the world. To place it into perspective: The New York Yankees pay their players on average €6.186 million. Milan pay their players on average €6.104 million. Now, when you're reporting losses of €69.8 million per season and have to deal with FIFA Fair Play -- which reports a club isn't allowed to record losses of over €45 million per annum -- you need to make changes with how you run the club. Milan had to cash in this season. We won't witness lavish spending like this in the coming years as UEFA remain austere with their vision of FFP. Galliani gets it. PSG and Chelsea obviously don't.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
I don't know wtf is happening at Milan. Jeez, you could make a whole team out of the players that departed this season. It was obviously high time the veterans (except Nesta) left, and I can even understand the economics behind Ibra's sale, but Silva's sale doesn't make any sense, especially for a club with a profile like ours.

How are they going to replace Silva? I don't know much about Acerbi but if the lad is to replace Silva then he should have, at the very least, been knocking the doors of the Azzurri by now.

Montolivo looked good at the Euros. But he's already 27 and this is his first season with a major club and I hate to ponder the consequences if he has only an average season.

I sure hope as fuck we sign the "champion" Galliani has promised us in attack. I have a funny feeling it could be Dzeko, who's done bugger all in the Prem but is still a talent. At the least I don't think he'd be as big a flop as Ricardo Oliveira.

If Antonini's our first choice for LB then we're fucked. I hope Vila gets a decent opportunity to prove himself, as this season has all the makings of a write-off already.

AND PLEASE DON'T SIGN DOSSENA!!!

acerвιc wιт;1419801 said:
People who claim Berlusconi as being cheap don't understand the entire situation, are rather naive and have no idea the amount Berlusconi is investing annually. Last season, Milan generated the fifth highest wage bill in any sport in the world. To place it into perspective: The New York Yankees pay their players on average €6.186 million. Milan pay their players on average €6.104 million. Now, when you're reporting losses of €69.8 million per season and have to deal with FIFA Fair Play -- which reports a club isn't allowed to record losses of over €45 million per annum -- you need to make changes with how you run the club. Milan had to cash in this season. We won't witness lavish spending like this in the coming years as UEFA remain austere with their vision of FFP. Galliani gets it. PSG and Chelsea obviously don't.
I don't know how right the €45m cap is, as it was only this season Man City reported a £194.9m loss for the 2010-11 season. This whole 'fair play' thing is a little fuzzy. Since when do clubs have to adhere do it? And what action has been taken against those brazenly flouting the regulations? I find the scenario exasperating.

Schedule