Inzaghi backs golden sheva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dil dil

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan players espacially Maldini-Inzaghi
what do you think about inzaghi speach? do you agree with him ? well with my love and respect to Inzaghi I have to say
I disagree with him. sheva is wonderful striker I adore him .
but to be honest I think Maldini who deserve to win Golden ball
as he didn't get it last year.when they were honest and cheat him
but If Maldini not get it then I will like sheva to have it
any way here is what he said

Pippo Inzaghi has backed Milan teammate Andriy Shevchenko to be crowned European Footballer of the Year.

"Sheva deserves the Golden Ball for all that he has achieved in these past few years," he stated.

"I hope that he does win it because it would also be an honour for us who play alongside him."

The Ukrainian is set to be one of the top contenders to lift the award following his 24 League goals last term.

And Inzaghi’s statement comes just a day after Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho also tipped the striker for the prize.

"Usually the choice is tied to the outcome of a major competition but Greece and Porto are not two heavyweights of the game," Mourinho told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Although Deco has been rewarded by UEFA for the Champions’ League and Theo Zagorakis for Euro 2004, I don't see them as candidates for the Golden Ball.

"Frank Lampard impressed in England and at the European Championships with his country.

"But Shevchenko made something more. He has been, and he is, fantastic in the world's strongest League for forwards.

"Scoring so much in Italy is a really exceptional achievement, one that in my opinion should be recognised."

Shevchenko has been a contender in the past and he admits he wants to finally get his hands on the trophy.

"I do think about it but I can’t vote myself so I just keep concentrating on my game," said the player. "I’m here to score goals and do well for the team.

"It would be great to win but if that doesn’t happen then I will be happy with just being successful with Milan as I have done in these years."

Status
Not open for further replies.