Marco Ezio Fossati Thread

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
even a discussion on fossatis next club becomes an opportunity to slam astori. the guys a good player let go of the hate please. its baffling why fossati wasn't called up and odu, salamon etc were

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Odu call up might be done to increase his price? We would definitely not to include him to our roster same like Beretta who is also called up.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
still no news? weird is he even training with the primavera currently?

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
AC Milan News ‏@Milanello 3h

Bari have signed Marco Fossati on a 1-year loan deal with a buy-out clause. There is also a buy-back clause in the deal.

so bari it is then? ok i guess. hope he returns here 1 day tho. does anyone know how good the bari squad is? hopefully they will be relatively big dicks in serie b next year and he has a saponara like season. not sure why cristante, vergara etc get infinitely more attention that this guy. players like zaza, berardi, saponara, jorginho etc play for other clubs and everyone's like buy buy buy

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Anyone know the detail of the buy-out and buy-back clause? How much are they?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Anyone know the detail of the buy-out and buy-back clause? How much are they?

I think someone reported Bari's buyout is 6m, our buy-back is 7m.

First of all, I don't think a club like Bari could afford the buyout EVEN if Fossati plays REALLY well. Worse case scenario, we give 1m to Bari to get him back.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think someone reported Bari's buyout is 6m, our buy-back is 7m.

First of all, I don't think a club like Bari could afford the buyout EVEN if Fossati plays REALLY well. Worse case scenario, we give 1m to Bari to get him back.

yeah but what if he has a proper break out season and juve agree to pay 4m for 50% if bari buy the player for 6m?

he might turn down the chance to resign for us in favour of juve or anyone else

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
yeah but what if he has a proper break out season and juve agree to pay 4m for 50% if bari buy the player for 6m?

he might turn down the chance to resign for us in favour of juve or anyone else

no you didnt understand bari has buyout clause for 6 mil and milan has buy out clause for 7 mil on next 2years so bari cant sell him unless milan says that they dont want him back .

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
Edit

Last edited:

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
no you didnt understand bari has buyout clause for 6 mil and milan has buy out clause for 7 mil on next 2years so bari cant sell him unless milan says that they dont want him back .

yeah maybe im not understanding. i thought buy out clauses were an option, doesn't mean anyone needs permission to sell. please clarify this for me.

example:

fossati has a great season and juve contacts his agent says they're interested, fossati is keen on juve too.
juve contacts bari and says that if they buy him out for 6m they will go for 50% for 4m.
bari buy him, try to sell to juve but milan make a bid to buy him back for 7m.
fossati's agent tells milan the player is not interested in going back to milan and wants to be sold to juve.

milan cannot stop bari selling 50% of the player to juve. the 7m is a buy back option meaning if milan offer that amount bari cannot reject it. it doesn't mean that bari needs milans permission to sell him on. worst case synario we will get a big fee (probably isn't 6m tho) worst case he has an amazing season and in 1 year is worth much more then the buyout fee we agreed and ends up at a rival.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bought for 5mil
Sold for 6mil - profit 1 m
Buy back for 7mil - break even.

2year free training stint.

:g:

does anyone know how good bari will be next season in serie b? they're always relatively big dicks in b but i would rather he doesn't have another season at an ascoli-level team.

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
does anyone know how good bari will be next season in serie b? they're always relatively big dicks in b but i would rather he doesn't have another season at an ascoli-level team.

They could be good. Pretty sure they have new investors, more money injected. Though, they lost Bellomo, so not sure how they'll do without him.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The important thing is, he's gonna get a lot of minutes. Bari has a big lack of midfielders, so he's basically a starter for them.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
yeah maybe im not understanding. i thought buy out clauses were an option, doesn't mean anyone needs permission to sell. please clarify this for me.

example:

fossati has a great season and juve contacts his agent says they're interested, fossati is keen on juve too.
juve contacts bari and says that if they buy him out for 6m they will go for 50% for 4m.
bari buy him, try to sell to juve but milan make a bid to buy him back for 7m.
fossati's agent tells milan the player is not interested in going back to milan and wants to be sold to juve.

milan cannot stop bari selling 50% of the player to juve. the 7m is a buy back option meaning if milan offer that amount bari cannot reject it. it doesn't mean that bari needs milans permission to sell him on. worst case synario we will get a big fee (probably isn't 6m tho) worst case he has an amazing season and in 1 year is worth much more then the buyout fee we agreed and ends up at a rival.

Well, mate, if a player does not want to join a certain club, nothing the respective club could do.

So, principally the choice is in player's hand with club permission.

The assumption you wrote, that Fossati might not have interest to join Milan, could happen but IMO the chance is just slim. Fossati is a young player, no experience and not super talented player which means not all club all over the world are interested in him. Let's assume he would make a great season, I doubt it will make him like a diamond. The important thing, Milan is a big club and Fossati was our youth product before moving to Merda and coming back to Milan. Normally the young products have big desire to join Milan. Look at Aubameyang. Even though he has been targeted by top clubs, they still want to show great things to make Milan like him, get him back to Milan.

Kingmilan

Legendary
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gigi Buffon-Alessandro Nesta-Prince Boateng-Mario Balotelli-Ricky Montolivo-Stephan El Shaarawy
good debut for fossati with italy u21 . he played 45 good minutes .

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
2 assists I hear? I hope he turns out great and comes back to us next year.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
As far as I know he assisted only the third goal (4th goal was assisted from Frascatore) and plus he entered in the field when Italy was playing 11 vs. 10 ... so I wouldn't read too much in the performance.

That said, I really hope that he shines this year and can join the Milan team soon... considering that we spent more money on him than Niang, it would be a shame if he didn't step up his game.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As far as I know he assisted only the third goal (4th goal was assisted from Frascatore) and plus he entered in the field when Italy was playing 11 vs. 10 ... so I wouldn't read too much in the performance.

That said, I really hope that he shines this year and can join the Milan team soon... considering that we spent more money on him than Niang, it would be a shame if he didn't step up his game.

Wasn't paying attention when that happened. I wonder what the forum reaction was back then.

Ross O. Neri

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, T.Silva, Hauge

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Stephan-El-Shaarawy, Balotelli, Ronaldo(CR7), Kaka, and Buffon
Wow, long balls are his thing

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

http://www.fcinternews.it/giovanili/tre-talenti-al-milan-per-7-milioni-anche-fossati-22940

So it was 7 million euros for the three players but it may have meant paying a couple more million in acquiring Filkor and Daminuta in order to actually purchase Fossati who was definitely the highest rated (hypothetically may have cost about 4-5 million on his own).
What he said. Honestly, Fossati was the only one worth anything of that deal. Nobody expected anything from Filkor and Daminuta and rightfully so. Filkor has been on-loan forever in Serie B clubs and he is already 25...

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
Looks like he could develop in to an interesting player. Considering the current lack of creativity in our midfield I think he could be more useful than the likes of Traore and Noccerino.

If he can bulk up a bit and work on his defensive game I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the team in a year or two.

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Stephan-El-Shaarawy, Balotelli, Ronaldo(CR7), Kaka, and Buffon
Looks like he could develop in to an interesting player. Considering the current lack of creativity in our midfield I think he could be more useful than the likes of Traore and Noccerino.

If he can bulk up a bit and work on his defensive game I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the team in a year or two.

Nocerino seems to have a new found role in the midfield/attack so count on noce staying here for a while.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Won Sky Italia's player of the year in Serie A (they were the only ones to choose him btw), several Serie A clubs were interested in him, but he still got loaned out. Looks like our management wants him to play week in week out for another year before he comes back..

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Won Sky Italia's player of the year in SerieB?(they were the only ones to choose him btw), several Serie A clubs were interested in him, but he still got loaned out. Looks like our management wants him to play week in week out for another year before he comes back..

I think it was something like most improved player in Serie B?