Hernan Crespo Thread

mikez sheva7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Hernan Crespo has had a fairly successful stint with Milan thus far, netting 8 goals in the Serie A and 3 in the Champions League . Crespo ranks 16th on the Serie A goalscoring charts, tied with Inter's Martins and above Roma's Cassano and on the Eruopean level he has scored the same number of goals as Andriy Shevchenko, Real Madrid's Ronaldo, and ManU's Wayne Rooney.
To me, despite Crespo's occasional goals, it never seemed like he fit in Milan. I am not claiming he is on the same level as some of the people I mentioned above, but in all fairness if you go just by goal tallies, he has been as affective as many big names across Italy and Europe this season...

Two questions:
1. How do you evaluate his season so far?
2. Do you want him back for next season despite Chelsea's seemingly unfair price tag?

Marco Azzuri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
That Man U goal was key, as well as the one he scorred against Lazio. But overall I don't see Crespo as a player that posses tremendous skills. I have yet to see a spectacular goal from him, and he plays very much like a cherry picker, just waiting in front of the net for something to happen.

Sheva and Gilardino are our future striker power, not Crespo. But nevertheless we do need some subs so if I were Milan i would make a fair bid to try and keep him.

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso
Marco Azzuri said:
That Man U goal was key, as well as the one he scorred against Lazio. But overall I don't see Crespo as a player that posses tremendous skills. I have yet to see a spectacular goal from him, and he plays very much like a cherry picker, just waiting in front of the net for something to happen.

Sheva and Gilardino are our future striker power, not Crespo. But nevertheless we do need some subs so if I were Milan i would make a fair bid to try and keep him.

Agree. I don't see anyone breaking up the Shevchenko/Gilardino partnership for next season, but I love to have Inzaghi and Crespo on the bench.

As far as this season is concerned, Crespo has been solid enough. By no means magnificent but a danger to the opposition nonetheless. I would not include Kaladze as part of a swap deal with Chelsea though. Kaladze is a very good player. If Milan can get Crespo for €5M and throw in Tomasson that would be good business.

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
Everyone talks shit about crespo because he only scores easy tap-ins. But one of the key things about being a striker is positioning. it's not as easy as it looks. A goal is a goal, wether it's a tap in or a bicycle kick. I would love to see Crespo as a third striker to Sheva and Gila.

Marco Azzuri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
cuore said:
Everyone talks shit about crespo because he only scores easy tap-ins. But one of the key things about being a striker is positioning. it's not as easy as it looks. A goal is a goal, wether it's a tap in or a bicycle kick. I would love to see Crespo as a third striker to Sheva and Gila.

Are you saying that Crespo can somehow predict the bounce a ball will take off the post and somehow manage to be at exactly the right place. That's bullshit! i have seen him screw up so many wonderful passes from Sheva it's disgusting. He just doesn’t have a striker’s finish and his buildup to any play is non-existent. No wonder Chealsea want to get rid of him, I don't see why we just don't go right ahead and say FUCK YOU you should only be so glad we are offering to take him off your hands

milan03

Banned
Reaction score
when someone can find me a better back up striker in the milan side then i'll say we'll get rid of him...........how come u guys are so shore that gila is cuming nect year....have we already signed him or somthing???

Reaction score
Marco Azzuri said:
Are you saying that Crespo can somehow predict the bounce a ball will take off the post and somehow manage to be at exactly the right place. That's bullshit! i have seen him screw up so many wonderful passes from Sheva it's disgusting. He just doesn’t have a striker’s finish and his buildup to any play is non-existent. No wonder Chealsea want to get rid of him, I don't see why we just don't go right ahead and say FUCK YOU you should only be so glad we are offering to take him off your hands

No Crespo can't predict that the ball will take off the post,but if it does he can predict where it's gona bounce.Crespo doesn’t have any special ability but he has the thing called STRIKER'S SENSE.

Roksana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pirlo, C.Ronaldo, F.Totti, Del Piero, Nesta, Heinze, Roy Keane...etc
Crespo does make results that are great, u know...and that's great for milan. We have just won one game because of his goal, remember?

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Marco Azzuri said:

i think you should role up some footage of this bloke at his days at Parma and you will eat your words, he does possess great skills for a striker he hasnt been at top fitness and he is there atm and playing well, why you complaing that goal against Man U was a spectacular goal fantastic header.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Marco Azzuri said:

how can he predict the bounce of a ball??... its the same as Pippo he has great positioning and poaching abiliy which makes him a great striker, a goals a goal no matter how you score em there always worth the same

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
Marco Azzuri said:

Havent u ever heard of positioning?.......

Did u know? time

Did u know Ruud Van Nistelrooy has scored over 100 goals for Manchester United and only 1....YES 1 out of over 100 have been outside the box.....he scored 44 goals in 2001/2001 and like 42 in 2002/2003 all tap ins.....THATS POSITIONING and knowing how to play off the last man to score vital goals for ur team...just like Crespo scored over 30 goals for Lazio....geez

Learn the game b4 u go out and begin to lash out

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
He is wasting alot .. if Sheva was in his place he would doubled what Crespo did .. but he suprised me .. I didnt expect he to get in form taking in consideration how he started at Milan .. I think we still miss something at the atack .. we were unlucky with atack injuries.. I heard Sheva is gonna play againts Roma with mask .. I am not sure if he will handle the presure in the air.. when he came from facial operations he always struggled in the 1st games.. lets see .. I want 2 atacks upfront soon as possible..

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
mikez sheva7 said:
Two questions:
1. How do you evaluate his season so far?
2. Do you want him back for next season despite Chelsea's seemingly unfair price tag?
His season was acceptable so far.
I want him back only and only if:
1. His wages will be cut by half (I understand Chelsea's paying him 6 mil $ a year)
2. Milan trade Tommason for him or get money from a transfer of Tommason, I don't care which way(Hopefully we'll get 4 mil euro for Tommason and that should cover a part of the money Chelsea want for Crespo)
3. He can accept the role of a substitute for Gilardino and Inzaghi.
4. Chelsea drop their asking price radically (I understand this is hard for them cause they payed a lot for him to get him from Inter, I think 8 mil euro will do)

Marco Azzuri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Rivaldo-11 said:
Havent u ever heard of positioning?.......

Did u know? time

Did u know Ruud Van Nistelrooy has scored over 100 goals for Manchester United and only 1....YES 1 out of over 100 have been outside the box.....he scored 44 goals in 2001/2001 and like 42 in 2002/2003 all tap ins.....THATS POSITIONING and knowing how to play off the last man to score vital goals for ur team...just like Crespo scored over 30 goals for Lazio....geez

Learn the game b4 u go out and begin to lash out

Buddy I play the game and pretty damn good too i may add. I don't just watch it on tv. Comparing Nistelrooy to Crespo is bullshit. I did not see his most recent goal at Man U but all the majority of his goals scored are the efforts of his teamates and not him. Nistelrooy plays on the offside line and timing is key for him and he uses his body efectively in the box. I did not see Crespo's days at Parma but i can tell you that because of his style of play those days are over. He may very well improve but so far he has wasted many good chances and would much rather see gilardino starting over him who can do what crespo can do and much more. Like actually contributing to the buildup of a play.

I have a every respect for a poacher, I like Pippo's style of play very much but that is cunning. It requires tenaciousness, control, and finish. The thing about these poachers is that they don't last too long. They live on the offside line and use their speed to get to balls or physical force to push opponents off the ball like vieri used to do. But take Vieri and Inzaghi. They are dead after they hit 30. It's players like Sheva that know positioning and have some real skill with the ball that can play well past 30.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Crespo-Maldini-Nesta-Gattuso
Hi everybody, this is the first time that I come here and I wanna thank you for this great forum.Please I need a help , is there anyone who has seen the programm Controcampo on Italia1 of this Sunday 13/03/2005 because the guest was Hernan Crespo.
Thank you ;)

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
valdanito said:
For all the persons who are criticizing Crespo :head: this is a small flachback of his career in Parma and Lazio
It's nearly 3 minutes long but worth to wait . Absolutely brillant! :eek: :D :star:

http://www.hernancrespo.net/media/crespo.mpeg
I will watch this when I can. However, knowing Crespo quite well, you will see some moments of brilliance here I am sure. Loads of goals this man has scored in his Serie A days. I criticize him for maybe something that is out of his controla bit, but maybe not. That is the fact that he has all the makings of a football mercenary. No teams fans relate to him as being one of their stars or legendary figures, when his goal scoring rate suggests maybe he should be respected in that regard. Also, his permanent move to Milan just doesn't make much sense at his age. Simply look at the average age when top strikers start deteriorating and losing their skill. Hernan is almost at that summit. How many countless threads have we seen where most of you scream for younger players, and then most of you come right back and say Hernan's presence is a necessity.

I hope Crespo continues what he has been doing this season, and we win accolades. Winnign trophies would be new to Crespo, as for everything he is done in his career, he has no hardware to show for it. Justa bunch of big money transfers that equate to my orginal supposition....he is a lone ranger.

César Muñoz

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gabriel, el Pájaro, Pupi, Mascherano, Lucho, Maxi, Gallardo, el Payaso, el Burrito, el Pibito, Ayala
hernán is finished?

well not according to his stats (i just saw) in the players stats posted by someone. if the stats are right he is the second top goal scorer.

by the way, the goal (second one) he scored in Argentina-Germany does not reflect your point of view ;)

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
His stats, current stats I mean, are quite misleading IMO. His goal against Germany was a fluke, he did literally nothing throughout the match. It's the same at Milan. Physically he is finished, but his team mates try their best to make him look good at least once per match so B. will consider him 'useful' + won't separate him from his best friend Carlo in the summer...

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
I wonder if he goes back to Chelsea in the summer how many people will actually be here crying that we didnt keep him? I suspect not many...

redondo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona, Rivera, Redondo, Baresi, Riquelme, Aimar, Lucho, Mascherano, Tevez, Maxi, Pupi, Rosales
César,dont be woried,ya will get used to the foro in no time.

hernán gole to germany was not fluke.
i read your story about that game(germans got righht penalty and argentino were awarded wrong one)
no need for arguement from me when i already know chapsa i am talking to is biased and subjective.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
redondo said:
hernán gole to germany was not fluke.
i read your story about that game(germans got righht penalty and argentino were awarded wrong one)
no need for arguement from me when i already know chapsa i am talking to is biased and subjective.
LOL, I'm always objective. It was exactly as I stated, couldn't care less if you believe it or not.........

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Well I remember the Germany-Argentina game and I saw that that Hernan scored a good goal.So was it or wasn't it a fluke i don't know but it was a good goal.

redondo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona, Rivera, Redondo, Baresi, Riquelme, Aimar, Lucho, Mascherano, Tevez, Maxi, Pupi, Rosales
"objective" view is hernán gole was fluke.i wonder what kind of taste of fútbol you enjoy.

"non subjective" view is what made ya think again and call it a "ok" goal which ya called fluke 2 hours ago.

i winder when ya see it ya will change from ok to "spectecular chip" :tongue:

acm7

Primavera
Reaction score
Don't worry about it. She's delusional and a liar. :tongue:

Forza SuperCrespo!!! :D

Schedule