Carlo Ancelotti Thread

So, should Mourinho come to Milan?

• Total voters

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
its not ancelotti's fault its galliani's and to a lesser extent berlusconi. ancellotti asked for either eto or luca toni last year but he didnt get neither bcoz galliani didnt sanction the sale. he wanted abidal but we missed out.. he wanted dani alves but we only offered 20m which was ridiculous for such a player.. our failure has been compounded more due to many key injuries but theres no doubt that this primarily comes downs to lack of depth in our squad.. why the hell do we have brocchi or favali in our team when we can have much better players... galliani has realized and has now decided to back carlo in the transfer market.. beleive me if it was down to galliani he wouldnt of signed flamini this is only bcoz carlo wanted him and i think its money well spent. since we havent spent a penny this summer we should sign eto and bring back borriello... sign Manuel Neur and keep either abiatti or kalac as back bcoz they are still good backups. sign a back up for pirlo i say banegra bcoz valencia is in a postion to sell as well as miguel who would be a worthy replacement for cafu.. bonera should be our permanent left back due to his solid defence and suprisingly accurate passing and crossing skills. also sign alex silva and hernanez from brazil and loan them out if they have no room.. im sure milan will much more competitive next season.. no matter what happens milan is family and all milan fans need to unite... forza Milan..
I agree with this statement.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Milano84 said:
i disagree. I dont think carlo is a peticularly brilliant trainer or tactician. I think he handles the media well and the players well, and there is something to be said for that.

However he'll never have a thrown here like fergeson at ManU, so i think it is ultimately time for a change. He's become a bit complacent. He doesnt demand change. He is stubborn with players, peticularly underperforming ones. I think he is ready for a change, and so is Milan.

hope he does take the Chelsea job, or perhaps the azzuri job should it open. I know alot of people here feel indebted to him, but thats the nature of football these days. RARELY coaches stay as long as him. I think its nice when they do, like fergeson in MAnutd. But then again Carlo hasnt had fergeson like success 10 epl titles in 14 years....
Dude I agree with all your opinions it seems :D Well said.

Carlo won't be going to Chelsea, unfortunately. As for his signing requests, the conversation between him and Berlu has been uncovered, like the one between Mancini and Moratti. Exclusive from goal.com:

Carlo: Hello, Mr. President?
Berlu: Yes, Carlo?
Carlo: Listen, I was thinking... I was wondering if you could sign Toni or Ribery, I've thought this through and discovered their talent. I think they are really going to explode next season.
Berlu: Sorry Carlo, we don't have the money. Actually, we do, but I'm not simply in the mood for making Milan stronger.
Carlo: Oh, ok Mr. president. I was just asking. No problem then, I'll do with the current squad of champions. Don't know what I was thinking those two are crap. Sorry for bothering you. Thank you and good bye.
Berlu: Youre welcome. Good bye.

:rolleyes:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Ronaldo9 said:
Dude I agree with all your opinions it seems :D Well said.

ha sadly, you're the only one! Berlu needs to hire me

ilgenio@serbia

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Savicevic, Inzaghi, Weah, Nesta, Henry
Milano84 said:
i disagree. I dont think carlo is a peticularly brilliant trainer or tactician. I think he handles the media well and the players well, and there is something to be said for that.

However he'll never have a thrown here like fergeson at ManU, so i think it is ultimately time for a change. He's become a bit complacent. He doesnt demand change. He is stubborn with players, peticularly underperforming ones. I think he is ready for a change, and so is Milan.

hope he does take the Chelsea job, or perhaps the azzuri job should it open. I know alot of people here feel indebted to him, but thats the nature of football these days. RARELY coaches stay as long as him. I think its nice when they do, like fergeson in MAnutd. But then again Carlo hasnt had fergeson like success 10 epl titles in 14 years....

Amin :) well said dude that makes me no.2 person who thinks you've said everything right.i am sick and tired of his 2 substitutes that are the same neverminf the result was 1-0 or 0-1...And i dont consider him as one of the best.I just can't accept one league title for 6 years as a great result.Ok if you don't want me to consider last two seasons because of the calciopoli etc ok.But we had far the best in europe since 2002/03 till 2006.He had to do more.Thank you for everything i wouldn't consider this as a tragedy but he could have let earlier and gave us a chance to get Mourinho :)
And i don;t like Rijkaard cause he is not a good tactician and i am afraid we exactly need that kind of coach.I vote for Wenger!Or to be more realistic Lippi :)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
alas, i dont think galliani wants a coach like lippi or mourinho who question him. just a submissive puppy like ancelotti which is why rijkaard is probably next

ilgenio@serbia

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Savicevic, Inzaghi, Weah, Nesta, Henry
you're probably right but i was just trying to remain optimistic in these hard times :)
i am just worried caus rijkaard is familiar with the tactics as much as materazzi with fair play...but let's see first what is gonna happen with ancelotti...

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
ilgenio@serbia said:
you're probably right but i was just trying to remain optimistic in these hard times :)
i am just worried caus rijkaard is familiar with the tactics as much as materazzi with fair play...but let's see first what is gonna happen with ancelotti...
He will be with Milan for agood while yet. When he leaves it will probably be to take over the national side.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
i hope he does take national team. Ancelotti is a classy guy who is more suited for national team than club coaching

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Carlo is unbeatable in one-in-one-out tournaments. It is him who brought Milan all those CsL titles.

P.S: Somebody please fix that dumbass poll.

Last edited:

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
I admire Milan's and Ancelotti's loyalty. It's the foundations of which builds our success.

Reaction score
I think Ancelotti should remain with us. He's a great coach. I honestly think that a club works best when the coaching staff is an nice relaxed environment were they are not always on the verge of being sacked. The same way Ferguson is with Man U. We need to have total faith in him for 5 yrs for example, then his achievements are assesed at the end of the 5 yrs.

However he needs Galliani to bring in some players though. Galliani said that Ancelotti wants Eto'o so lets hope he brings him for us! But we also need young players for the future.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
MILAN, Ancelotti rejected 21 millions
04.06.2008 09.23 by Redazione TMW read 544
Source: ansa

Ancelotti has rejected a three year deal of 7 millions every season, offered by Chelsea for remain to be Milan manager. According to The Sun. After the refuse of the Italian manager remain other four summoned for Blues bench: Roberto Mancini, Frank Rijkaard, Luiz Felipe Scolari and Michael Laudrup.

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
never believe that he will go. although he was giving Parma UEFA Cup and Juve Intertoto Cup but the most prestigious achievements were when with Milan. so kinda he has a mark on his forehead Made in Milan.

Last edited:

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maybe it's a wee bit of trophy envy that had Chelski (supposedly) asking for Carlo's services.

The only way Moanin' Ho could ever match Carlo's silverware haul is if he broke into his house and stole it.

superpato

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
im delighted ancelotti is staying ,hes been a tremendous coach for us and has won everything with the club i also understand people wanting change but i still have faith in carlo to bring us glory, i think the board needed to back the fuck off and let ancelotti do his job and they did and the results are showing , 3 very astute under the radar signings

obviously with mourinho going to inter the scudetto is even tougher next year but i think we only need 4 more signings to be 2nd favourites

ancelotti vs fergie is a tough debate because milan have dominated utd recently and ancelotti has won 2 european cups in 3years while it took fergie and utd on a higher budget 9years for 2

but fergie has been sensational aswel

hail carletto

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
superpato said:
ancelotti vs fergie is a tough debate because milan have dominated utd recently
One decisive 3-0 win does not constitute dominance, amigo.

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
Beemer said:
One decisive 3-0 win does not constitute dominance, amigo.

No but two 1-0 wins in 05 in addition to that 3-0 win do.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I know we've had success in the CL against them over the past few years, but "dominance" is a bit of an overstatement.

adrian_milan

Revolutioners at works !!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano, Pato, Ibra
If he stays...here is my wishlist for him:

1. Motivate the players when they dont perform well
2. Less Blunder, means improve tams concentration
3. Passing Accurancy needs to be improve
4. Dont wasted our young talents
5. Dont depend on one or some players to win
6. More Attacking, no more 3 DM
7. More bravery...in Tactical or Teams Policy
8. Improve team style of play
9. More accuracy on finishing
10. More tactical variation

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Man above me:

>Points 1,2,3 can be achieved from a good rest
>Points 4 is debateable since he is trying to get the best out of Palo and Gourcuff. He messed up with the aubemyang brothers though

>Point 5 is invalid. Everybody depends on their main stars to win.
>Points 6,7,8,9,10 will only improve if Carlo gets the relevant personnel. We have no wide players hence our wing play is limited. We only have Kaka and Pato that can run fast, so our counter-attacking game is limited too especially with Seedorf and his inuriating back passes. Get Quaresma and feel the difference :)

M

MassterMark

adrian_milan said:
If he stays...here is my wishlist for him:

1. Motivate the players when they dont perform well
2. Less Blunder, means improve tams concentration
3. Passing Accurancy needs to be improve
4. Dont wasted our young talents
5. Dont depend on one or some players to win
6. More Attacking, no more 3 DM
7. More bravery...in Tactical or Teams Policy
8. Improve team style of play
9. More accuracy on finishing
10. More tactical variation
hmmmm, this is interesting. you want him to do this, but you know that he wont. isnt better way to bring new coach?

M

MassterMark

samir10 said:
i hope these rumors are just bunch of crap. if we let carletto who would be replacement. there aren't many coaches as good as him. if he decides to leave for chelsa i would be sorry to see him go but i would wish him all the luck. and if he tries even to lure kaka to chelsea then i'm personally going london to rip his heart out :devilfir:
off course that they aren't as good as him. they are all better!

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
San Paolo said:
I admire Milan's and Ancelotti's loyalty. It's the foundations of which builds our success.
Exactly. And he rejected Chelsea's money. Another proof of loyalty. He knows the soul of our team and getting new coach would distroy all harmony that we have and which took a lot of time and effort to build.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Carletto knows that he'd essentially have little control over the team with Abramobitch breathing over his shoulder 24/7. After all, he fired Mourinho even though he brought them two EPL titles and a Carling Cup.

There is this unfavorable air that always lingers over Chelsea. They're a good team, yet nobody seems to want to go near them.

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Beemer said:
Carletto knows that he'd essentially have little control over the team with Abramobitch breathing over his shoulder 24/7. After all, he fired Mourinho even though he brought them two EPL titles and a Carling Cup.

There is this unfavorable air that always lingers over Chelsea. They're a good team, yet nobody seems to want to go near them.
On the contrary, Chelsea have greater managerial freedom than Milan. For a start Ranieri, Mourinho and Grant were all in complete control of tactics and team selection. Compare that to Berlusconi's long running mantra of two strikers and always entertaining football. Then look at transfer policy, Mourinho was always allowed to get the players he expressely wanted - Carvalho, Thiago, Ferriera, Essien, Drogba etc, while Carlo has on more than one occasion had his targets cancelled - Toni, Ribery etc.

My own theory on his decission to stay is more cynical, I don't think his style of football would be at all successful in England, and I think he knows it. Its too slow, flimsy and lacking adaptability to be effective in England.

As for being so brave to turn down Chelsea's money - well he's hardly on a pittance here is he.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Tsar said:
On the contrary, Chelsea have greater managerial freedom than Milan. For a start Ranieri, Mourinho and Grant were all in complete control of tactics and team selection. Compare that to Berlusconi's long running mantra of two strikers and always entertaining football. Then look at transfer policy, Mourinho was always allowed to get the players he expressely wanted - Carvalho, Thiago, Ferriera, Essien, Drogba etc, while Carlo has on more than one occasion had his targets cancelled - Toni, Ribery etc.

My own theory on his decission to stay is more cynical, I don't think his style of football would be at all successful in England, and I think he knows it. Its too slow, flimsy and lacking adaptability to be effective in England.

As for being so brave to turn down Chelsea's money - well he's hardly on a pittance here is he.

i think you're completely dead on. which also explains why chelsea is difficult. abramovich gives his managers what they want. and in return expects great results. it may be harsh, but it is what it is

and as for ancelotti not being able to adapt to england. i agree there too, also showing hes not THAT great a manager. a great one can adapt anywhere....

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Milano84 said:
and as for ancelotti not being able to adapt to england. i agree there too, also showing hes not THAT great a manager. a great one can adapt anywhere....
Well I guess it could be argued that he never adapted to Italian football management either. :D

He is going into his 13th consecutive season in Serie A management next term. And despite being the coach of that great Parma era, the stalwarts Juve, and of course Milan, he has only a single Scudetto and a single Coppa Italia to his name.

kats

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
It's so easy to say that "someone won't adapt well here," or "someone won't do well there" when there's no chance that that statement can be disproved. At least for now.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tsar said:
On the contrary, Chelsea have greater managerial freedom than Milan. For a start Ranieri, Mourinho and Grant were all in complete control of tactics and team selection.
I never said I knew everything. :)

I guess being given the rope to hang yourself with is perhaps more dangerous than having your every move scrutinized.

Schedule