Luciano Spalletti

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:thumbsup: pinpoint the right man to change our fortunes then turn him down to save an extra 1m a year. excellent. would rather have the wrong man and save on 1m/year:g:

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'd love Spalletti here as I already said, however if I could chose I'd go for Montella, but it's impossible.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
:thumbsup: pinpoint the right man to change our fortunes then turn him down to save an extra 1m a year. excellent. would rather have the wrong man and save on 1m/year:g:

Taarabt has been atrocious and Spalletti is the right man to change our fortunes...

Freaking Barry Bonds with the shitty opinions here.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Spalletti ponders his fut

He left Zenit while the club was in second place just one point behind team in the lead. And that is how it ended, even though the team at the top changed, congratulations to CSKA. In any event Spalletti isn’t smiling, maybe he is still mad with how things ended with his club, I can just see him massaging his own shaved head. He was very happy in Saint Petersburg, and so did his family, he still had one year left on his contract (with over 4 million euro net) which inevitably is a factor when deciding his next job. Luciano has no intention to leave even a dime on the table with his former club.

This is why all the messages I receive these days are similar:”You’ll see that Spalletti won’t coach next season” while this is an extreme position there is something to it. The only thing that could convince him is a project with advantages that are both sporting and financial. So far those who have made inquiries haven’t been very convincing.

I put myself in his shoes, would I go to Milan and earn less, in a difficult situation with the team, without being able to impact the transfer market the way I would want to? Should Conte and Juve break up (which seems unlikely today) would I be making the right choice trying to replace him, knowing full well that after the first loss there would be comparisons to the man who achieved 100 points and won 3 scudetti in a row?

One last thought: after living abroad would I return to Italy where even a draw is handled like a drama? This is why every text message is negative:”Something truly stimulating has to emerge, if not he will take time off, trust me” And yes, let’s trust him.

Article by Gianluca Di Marzio for Calciomercato.com translated by David Amoyal

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
I didn't like his work at roma

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Taarabt has been atrocious and Spalletti is the right man to change our fortunes...

Freaking Barry Bonds with the shitty opinions here.

nope, talking out of ur arse again. i said when taraabt has been bad hes been atrocious. very greedy player, lacks end product. when he's played well hes been good and scored 4 goals but hardly milan worthy.

and i didn't say that spalletti is the right man to change the fortunes of milan even tho i personally love him, he'll need good players for that. my point is that its crazy for galliani to decide he is, then reject him cause he earns 1m over what he wants to pay a manager

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Proving once again he's amongst Italy's best

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Time for Lo Spallo.

giphy.gif

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Just do it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Likeliest tactic:

Double pivot with 2 wing forwards ahead and 1 attacking midfielder behind a striker.

With our personnel, I expect this to start with:

------------------Gigio-----------

--Calabria---Musa--Romagnoli--Theo

-----------Bennacer--Biglia-------

--Suso---------Paqueta--------Leao/Bona

-----------------Piatek----------------

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
There's already a thread for Spalletti?

You learn something everyday.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Likeliest tactic:

Double pivot with 2 wing forwards ahead and 1 attacking midfielder behind a striker.

With our personnel, I expect this to start with:

------------------Gigio-----------

--Calabria---Musa--Romagnoli--Theo

-----------Bennacer--Biglia-------

--Suso---------Paqueta--------Leao/Bona

-----------------Piatek----------------

Strikers tend to score a lot of goals under Spalletti, as he's reliant on the wingers to create goals.

Expect Suso cross > Piatek > goals from now on.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^ Yes this is a manager tailor-made for Piatek. He can happily go back to his comfort zone again.

However, that double pivot midfield scares me. We have very few good players who could play a De Rossi type role. Biglia is too old and too injury-prone, Kessie is not a fit, Bennacer is too inexperienced. In the winter, my priority would be a strong CM.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Necro, please dont hype & give personal expectation. Please friend I beg you.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
PLEASE WAIT FOR SPALETTI!!! I am so sick of having average and experimental managers and I really don't want to see us just panic change GP for Pioli... Spaletti will be the first real manager with experience and consistent top 4 finishes we've had in YEARS... please Milan just wait for the guy.... please!