The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

View Poll Results: Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?
Maldoban 48 35.82%
Bobini 28 20.90%
Bobaldini 14 10.45%
Malbo 9 6.72%
M&B 35 26.12%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 27-08-2020, 21:12   #28701
Milanista92
AC Milan Icon

Lol we really have no money huh, city disregarding ffp and offering 100m plus 100m salary and multiple playera while we are dry loaning brahim diaz and praying for a tonali loan when hes right there for the taking

Signature
get Borini off my team
Old 27-08-2020, 21:12   #28702
VooDooDoll
))<>((

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Looking at Juninho highlights... man, that guy's FKs were out of this world.

This takes me another thought - although the overall level of the players today has increased (more balanced I'd say), am I the only one who thinks that there are far less "special" players today? The type that have smth different than any other. There's no more Beckhams, Roberto Carlos, Juninhos, Maldinis
maybe its today 433/4231 and 442 variations problem
its just play wide, win oneonone and cross/shot ...

Signature

positive: leao, duarte, ibra, gabbia, hauge, donna
Old 27-08-2020, 21:13   #28703
Khurrisu
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: bench suso

I the last thing Maldini wants is a TV feud with Raiola.
Old 27-08-2020, 21:17   #28704
VultureSheva
Legendary Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
I think Milan primavera has done a good, very good job. In fact I think that we could have earned much more money if the sales were right, or at right time.

Club lost Loca waaay too soon. It was obvious he has it to play in good level. Des situation made us sell him, but we coukd have earned a lot more in my books. Cutro ok, great business. Etc, etc.

I dont have a feeling Calabria can become a great fb. If he can be sold for 15 thats great! Or loaned, then they will see. He had flashes and I had hope, but Milan cant wait no more now.

They also fired a scout (Fassone fired him I think), guy who scouted Loca, Cristante, Donna, Cutro etc... Dont know why...money games.
Galliani's young Italian Milan proved to be good for Primavera.

Donnarumma, Locatelli, Cutrone, Pobega, Bellanova, Gabbia. This was the best Primavera team this century. Some of them are very good now (Donnarumma, Locatelli) others as good back-up material (Cutrone, Gabbia, Pobega?). Bellanova was a flop in Ligue 1 but has now joined Atalanta, he can still improve with Gasperini.

After the club was sold to the Chinese owners, I think they fired the scout, Bianchessi. He was doing a great job there.

Last edited by VultureSheva; 27-08-2020 at 21:24.
Old 27-08-2020, 21:21   #28705
rocknrolla1v1
FORZA MILAN

Fuck it. Ibra deserves 7m a year, GTFO. I don't mind someone asking for what they're worth and not budging. That's how everyone should be if you want to make a nice life for you and your family.

Signature
Old 27-08-2020, 21:21   #28706
Samaldinho
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureSheva View Post
I mean players who are very skilled and technical, this is what I wanted to say with "Brazilian"... it could be "African" today looking at "Leao type" talented youngsters

But this is missing in Italy. In attack they rarely bring some good players, Zaniolo is a rare case.

Even Balotelli and El Shaarawy before 2013 were great for Italy, considering what they had in attack or what they have now.

I always trusted defensive Italian players though. They are more intelligent.
Yeah, I totally get you. I mean, I can't see Italy producing someone like Salah, Mane, Sane, or Mbappe.

From what I've seen of Scamacca, he looks like the most promising young striker, but that was in Serie B, but he's not at the level of any of the players I mentioned above.

I don't see any electric players coming from Italy, no one has that flash of excitement, so I really agree with you--and I think the last great talent for Italy was Balotelli and SES. And both were handled really poorly. I think we should have had more patience with SES, and I think a lot of coaches took advantage of his hard-working nature which meant that he stopped trying to do daring things. He was so fixated on getting goals, and that ruined him.

Zaniolo is the rare case of Italy having some attacking talent, otherwise, you're right, Italy is just not producing anyone of the talent that it did 15-20 years ago.

Quote:
I think Milan primavera has done a good, very good job. In fact I think that we could have earned much more money if the sales were right, or at right time.

Club lost Loca waaay too soon. It was obvious he has it to play in good level. Des situation made us sell him, but we coukd have earned a lot more in my books. Cutro ok, great business. Etc, etc.

I dont have a feeling Calabria can become a great fb. If he can be sold for 15 thats great! Or loaned, then they will see. He had flashes and I had hope, but Milan cant wait no more now.

They also fired a scout (Fassone fired him I think), guy who scouted Loca, Cristante, Donna, Cutro etc... Dont know why...money games.

Azzuri lack real class players and they are too conservative at their approach.
I agree with you. I think the primavera has produced a lot of talent. I mean, if the comparison is Maldini, then no, but I think the primavera has produced a lot of useful players that we should have relied on more than what we have.

Locatelli should have been given Biglia's spot. DES got sold, but if Milan was functioning properly, he could have just been a Bonera-level player, who is useful and helps the squad.

I also think that the constant changes and problems at Milan has meant that our young players can't develop, and they have to leave in order to have a chance to do that.

Italy has major problems in producing attacking talents, there's no doubt about that.
Old 27-08-2020, 21:23   #28707
mrki
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: maldini, pippo, boban

@Samaldinho my friend...

Success of Croatia's development of the players in such small pool as u say, is not thanx to infrastructural base etc... but Im not sure God can answer how we did what we are doing ))

You think in a right and logical way but infrastructure, cro league, stadiums, camps etc in Croatia are....absimal, absurdly bad...we are faaaaar bahind modern western organisations.

But, we are super-extremely talented, it seems. Thats all, Croatians can play, thats all hahaha.

Azzuri just lack 3, 4 top forwards to accur. Del Piero, Vieri, Pippo level... Then they will be fine

Signature
AC MILAN 7 CL titles.
LocalHero: Hakan Calhanoglu > Rui Costa

Kings of commode: patosheva - the man who never gave up & MR - the man who managed to say absolutely everything wrong

IT'S NOT COMING HOME...
Old 27-08-2020, 21:23   #28708
Allan_Sombrero
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
Italy, however, of the major superpowers in World Football, I think are doing the worst in terms of producing attacking talent. The fact that Italy rely on Ciro Immobile or Belotti for goals shows how poor Italy has become, in general. I mean, who is Italy's hyped up attacker these days? Chiesa? Lol. He's a nice player, I'd like him at Milan, but Italy don't even have some overhyped attacking youngster. Zaniolo is more of a CAM in my eyes, but as far as like an attacker (wingers, strikers, etc), Italy has produced nothing.
To be fair Italy has always been known more for its defense and midfield than its attackers. Can only think of Vieri, Rossi, Baggio, and Totti as the stand out talents for attackers.

But that's down to a cultural thing. The same can be said for Argentina who can produce massive amounts of attackers and very few stand out defenders and midfielders.

In short, every country specializes in producing specific types of talents.
Old 27-08-2020, 21:26   #28709
Samaldinho
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan10 View Post
I?ve had this argument with my friends, who are all EPL tossers. If you watched Italy and Milan growing up, then it?s extraordinarily difficult to not hold defenders to a higher standard... With Milan in particular, there was an added aesthetic to the way Nesta and Maldini played that I don?t think you can witness with any defender currently playing in Europe. Those guys seemed at times like they came down from a higher level.

I?d put Van Dijk where you said, a Stam level player that?s just below the status of legends like Nesta, Maldini, Baresi. A large part of my thinking is probably my bias toward Italian and Milan players and some level of nostalgia for my own youth influencing my thinking... Fine, sue me if I don?t consider Rio Ferdinand or Vidic to be elite all time defenders.
EPL fans are actual morons. My close friend is an Arsenal fan, and he is a better person than I am in every way (morals, ethics, friendship, etc) but when we talk about football, it's just... His incredible intelligence evaporates.

Nesta and Maldini played with art to their defending. You're talking about making defending into an art, with literally picture-perfect tackles, inch-perfect slides, they just... Those defenders don't exist anymore. I think Milan fans, when it comes to defenders, have a much higher bar for what constitutes the best in defense. What defender in the EPL comes to the level of Nesta, let alone Baresi or Maldini?

Van Dijk would be a Stam-level defender in the 2000's and late 90's. He's a great player, but he's levels below Maldini, Nesta, or even Cannavaro.
Old 27-08-2020, 21:26   #28710
VultureSheva
Legendary Scout

Just searched about Bianchessi, I see that he is Lazio's scout now.

Fucking Mirabelli fired him.
Old 27-08-2020, 21:28   #28711
mrki
AC Milan Icon

I think Vlašić coukd become a top pl top player, seriousely. CL levels top player. In 2, 3 years, with right coach, team etc.

Mikan should try, but shame Zvone is not here.

Signature
AC MILAN 7 CL titles.

Kings of commode: patosheva - the man who never gave up & MR - the man who managed to say absolutely everything wrong

IT'S NOT COMING HOME...
Old 27-08-2020, 21:28   #28712
mrki
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureSheva View Post
Just searched about Bianchessi, I see that he is Lazio's scout now.

Fucking Mirabelli fired him.
And fired a lot of other guys too...merda bastard

Signature
AC MILAN 7 CL titles.

IT'S NOT COMING HOME...
Old 27-08-2020, 21:31   #28713
IL Diavolo 3
Fester

Quote:
Sign Vida from Besiktas, better then Pezzella lol... fir few mln
Or Lovren better than Ramos.
Old 27-08-2020, 21:32   #28714
IL Diavolo 3
Fester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
This guy will be the theo of this upcoming season
Saelemaekers turned him upside down last training session.
Old 27-08-2020, 21:33   #28715
IL Diavolo 3
Fester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neruda View Post
Work bro. Been there since january. Just had to leave in march due to corona. Back to normal now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Omar told me.
Old 27-08-2020, 21:33   #28716
taura
Attaccareeee

There are quite a few reports coming out that Ibra might take over no.9 for the next season
Old 27-08-2020, 21:33   #28717
Milan10
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
EPL fans are actual morons. My close friend is an Arsenal fan, and he is a better person than I am in every way (morals, ethics, friendship, etc) but when we talk about football, it's just... His incredible intelligence evaporates.

Nesta and Maldini played with art to their defending. You're talking about making defending into an art, with literally picture-perfect tackles, inch-perfect slides, they just... Those defenders don't exist anymore. I think Milan fans, when it comes to defenders, have a much higher bar for what constitutes the best in defense. What defender in the EPL comes to the level of Nesta, let alone Baresi or Maldini?

Van Dijk would be a Stam-level defender in the 2000's and late 90's. He's a great player, but he's levels below Maldini, Nesta, or even Cannavaro.
Agree with everything, except my Arsenal friend actually appreciates what you and I are discussing. The others are ManU and Chelsea fans and they do not understand.
Old 27-08-2020, 21:34   #28718
Kaka92
Gae

Fav. Players: MMS.

7m is too much but that just shows how Ibra loves this club. Not.

Btw, do you think that Ben and Tonali can play together in 4231 since they're similar?
Old 27-08-2020, 21:35   #28719
taura
Attaccareeee

@AntoVitiello
#Milan , tomorrow #Ibrahimovic lands in Milan. He will take the number 9 shirt

its happening
Old 27-08-2020, 21:36   #28720
Milanista92
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka92 View Post
7m is too much but that just shows how Ibra loves this club. Not.

Btw, do you think that Ben and Tonali can play together in 4231 since they're similar?
they can both play multiple roles its fine, either can slot further up or sit back

Signature
get Borini off my team
Closed Thread