Officials in the World Cup:Are they watching the same games?

Are the Officials in the World Cup doing a good job?

• They doing an alright job

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not a very good job at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Does anyone else think that the quality of officiating has been just horrible so far? I have watched every game so far and it has been a joke. There are only about 4 refs that have done a good job up to this point. I have seen more bad calls so far in this world cup, than I might have ever have seen in my entire life. I can think of atleat 7 games where the officiating was redicilous. I am really pissed about he Italy game right now, but that isn't even it. Most of the officials have been just retarted for the most part.

Do they get any training before or do they just draw seat number out in the stadium before the game and let lucky fans do it? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

mrs sheva

Primavera
Reaction score
All of the refrees are just a bunch of jerks( except maybe 3 or 4). :mad:

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Horrible as always. That's what I think.

FIFA has always thought that the WC is an opportunity to test new refs from the Lalalau Islands and Blablabla Archipelago if you know what I mean.

And there are also some stupid refs that suck big time that are well known and had an impressive carreer just because of FIFA, although they have always sucked. I am reffering to Kim Milton Neilsen and Graham Poll. Esp. Kim Milton Nielsen. I have ugly memories with this guy. I guess he's got something personal with Romania.

Guys like Collina, Veisierre or Frisk should whistle more.

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
i read an article in a london newspapers this morning. it's something like "letters from readers". a guy said:

"as a disabled person, i am glad that FIFA appointed partially sighted referees. this shows that FIFA has respect and shows equality of all people, no matter what. however, i am very disappointed because it cost turkey and italy their games."

enough said in this sarcasm.

scharatz

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Marco Van Basten
seen rivaldo's show? seen that IDIOT that's president of FIFA? seen these damned officials?

we shouldn't be surprised guys... wer really shouldn't... :head: :rolleyes:

-ITALIA UNICA E VERA CAPITALE DEL CALCIO, SEMPRE E COMUNQUE-

mrs sheva

Primavera
Reaction score
Blatter was watching Italy-Croatia game, and he saw how the linesman & the refree were so unfair to Italy, but he`d done nothing :mad: . damn him, this useless FIFA president.

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
true! the FIFA president, himself was there and saw that! and he is the one who was supposed to do something! :(

Reaction score
No words could describe my anger as I watched this f***head Dallas who denied a goal for Poland scored by Kryszałowicz. There was NO FOUL! Similarly, the ref in the Italy - Croatia match did the same. If you have seen those games and today`s Cameroon draw with Paraguay - then you know what to think about most FIFA referees.

The best referees I know are Pierluigi Colina and Dick Jol from Holland. I also like Anders Frisk. Kim Morten Nielsen sucks, too.

mrs sheva

Primavera
Reaction score
Colina `s the best in this touanment but unfortunatly. he can`t be a refree for Italy-Mixico game :( :cry:

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
AGAIN!!! again, again and again!

inzaghi was NOT offside when he scored! what to hell are referees doing on this WC!?!? :mad:

:mad: @%@##"$*~@##'~#'$~@#'#^%*&%^~#~ :mad:

Reaction score
Sorry - when I wrote "Cameroon draw with Paraguay" I meant, of course Senegal drawing with Uruguay. I was a little bit angry (and a little bit drunk, too :D ) so I made this mistake. I didn`t see any of today`s matches, but I`m sure glad to see Ecuador kicking Croatia`s butt...FORZA ITALIA!!!!!

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Yes the refrees are horrible
For example i couldn't belive in my eyes when i was watching Italy-Croatia.That was disaster,two goals were disallowed.Italy schould won with 3-2,it wasn't fer.
Also in Brazil-Turkey when i saw that referee said that is penal for Brasil i wanted to kill myself because everyone could see that that wasn't penal.
And not only in that two matchens but in others too for example in France-Uruguay,when Henry got red i think that it wasn't fer.That was for yellow and not for red.

Untitled

Primavera
Reaction score
Referees have been very poor, and inconsistent. What is a red card to one ref isn't even a foul to another. They, in some games, have been very bias, doing everything in their power to make "their" team win. Italy has been robbed of 4 (or was it 5) goals which were given offside by partially sighted linesman. Korea beat Portugal thanks to a great game by the ref. Holding other people back with your arms is legal to some referees. Using your whole body is allowed to get the ball is allowed by these referees. For a FIFA "crackdown", too many people are getting away with shirt pulling. And they are inconsistent with this. There have been worse incidents then Panucci's(vs Korea) and Hierro's(vs Ireland) which have gone unpunished. Only top-level, experienced referees from only the top leagues and those who have lots of CL experience should be allowed at times like the world cup. Many top nations are being let down by this poor standard.

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Now i'm sure that theese refrees are so stupid.What was that yesterday in the match with South Korea.IT wasn't fer.I think that Italy were playing good and they scould have won,but that stupid refree destroyed them.
I am so disaponted of this world cup so i don't want to watch it anymore.There wasn't any match that was fer.

AC Milan Fan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I'm very very angry. Very angry about the FIFA.
Its a Mafia there!!!!
They stole 5(!) gols from the Azzurri. Unbelieveble. I can't believe.
We must to have more arbiters in a field.
And I will never forget the Arbtro from Ecuador who led the match Italia-Korea! What a.......!!!!!
Its better for him to come never to Italy for his own safety!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cute_medusa

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rui Costa,Ronaldinho,Samuel E'to,Figo,Cristiano Ronaldo,Zidane,Maldini
Yeah,that damn referee!someone should kill him for good!Btw,do u realise he's eyes like he's on drug or something??LOL again what a stupid referee (and linesmen too)and oh,u know who's answered 'yes,very good'ozmosis?it's the referees themselves :D

Cari831

Beginner
Reaction score
I can't believe FIFA hires these people. At first I just thought that the referees sucked at their job but now I think their just getting paid off by Korea. Every team that plays against them gets robbed...first Portugal then Italy and now Spain. :mad:

The Ecuadorian ref (Morena, I think his name is) was sent home. They should send them all packin.

LOL...someone said the refs were good :rolleyes:

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah he more I watch the games the more convinced I am the Korea is getting special treatment in all of their games. I don't know if they are bribbing anyone or if FIFA just wants them to advance or what, but the refs are so so dead set on making Korea win every game.

I wantch them play, and yes they are a decent team, but the prefencial treatment the geat is unbelievable. It makes me angry & sad. :mad: :cry: :head:

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I find it so hard to believe that someone answered - yes, they are doing a decent job. I almost didn't put it in the poll because I really didn't think that someone would actually pick that as a response. Even picking - they are doing a decent job - I find a little odd. Here are some quotes from various people associated with soccer:

Pele: "I think the refereeing has been very, very poor."

Diego Maradona: "Under the shadow of the referees, this World Cup is already a failure."

Carlos Valderrama: "The mistakes of the referee's that have been made have been amazing."

Sepp Blatter: When asked about the officiating said, "With a few noteable exceptions, it has been a disaster." He went on to say, "The whole system of designating referees needs to be looked at. We must return to a trio of officials from the same nationality because lack of communication has been the cause a several mistakes."

Michel Zen-Ruffinem: FIFA's general secretary and former ref, said "The World Cup linesmen are scared and don't have enough personality."

Peter Pendergast: The ref. for the Brazil-Belgium game that called a penalty against Marc Wilmots negating a goal he scored against Brazil admitted that he blew the call and later told Wilmots, "I made a mistake."

Franco Frattini: Italy's minister for public offices said, " The referee was a disgrace, absolutly scandalous."

Senes Erzik: Head of the referees committee said, "There have been one or two mistakes which are cause for concern."

One or two. More like nine or ten atleast. If all these people admit something is wrong, then something must be done at least by Germany 2006.

Schedule