Gennaro Gattuso Thread

When is the first clash between Gattuso and Zamparini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
It's very clear that Nesta should wear the armband. He is a leader, he's a warrior, he has the respect of everyone and he is able to control his emotions.

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
i'm sure even birds know it nesta said he will never be milan captain because he doesn't want to disrespect lazio fans (hence he was lazio captain).

btw i support gattuso all the way. that wasn't a penalty and at least gattuso cares and fights. i would do the same if i was in his shoes. i would break someones leg if i were him. gattuso you're the man! FORZA GATTUSO E FORZA MILAN, SINO ALLA MORTE!!!

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
is he fine? how did his medical check up go, whatever he did yesterday can be forgiven but we need him in cl this year, there is no pure destroyer in our team i love flamini but he hasnt reached that level. seriously disappointed by pirlo where is the creativity ? :conf:

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
i'm sure even birds know it nesta said he will never be milan captain because he doesn't want to disrespect lazio fans (hence he was lazio captain).

btw i support gattuso all the way. that wasn't a penalty and at least gattuso cares and fights. i would do the same if i was in his shoes. i would break someones leg if i were him. gattuso you're the man! FORZA GATTUSO E FORZA MILAN, SINO ALLA MORTE!!!

cant remember when he said that, but he should def be captain .

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
He'd be a great captain. So he had 1 bad game, that happens.

You will see the true captain inside Gatusso when Milan are 1-0 down, with 20 minutes to go. He will run around to his players and force them to play well (partly due to fear).

When you are going through a dry patch you need a fighter, someone who will never give up. That will motivate teammates.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
You will see the true captain inside Gatusso when Milan are 1-0 down, with 20 minutes to go. He will run around to his players and force them to play well (partly due to fear).

I dont think any Milan player fears Gattuso, they obviously respect him but dont fear him.

Maldini is the one they would listen to and do what he tells them to do.

and Gattuso's performance yesterday was a disgrace to the Milan shirt + armband, I hated the way he threw it on the floor when he got sent of like a dick.

His performance yesterday was easily one of the worst(if not the worst) indvidual performances I have ever seen in a Milan shirt its up there with Dida diving the other way against inter.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score

That was a clear penalty and a player of his experience would never do something like that the least thing he should have done was a shoulder to shoulder challenge.

So you would get sent off so early 0-2(because of a penalty YOU caused) and let all the fans and team mates down due to your stupidity?

I highly doubt any sane player would do that.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
From our current roaster, the captaincy should be Ambro -> Gattuso -> Pirlo -> Kala. EOD.

God I miss Paolo.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
If not Gattuso, then who should be our captain?

Pirlo: Not really a leader and he doesn't show much passion on the pitch
Zambrotta: Terrible
Jankulovski: Terrible
Ronaldinho: Terrible and the furthest thing from a leader
Flamini: Too young and basically as reckless as Gattuso
Ambrosini: Not good enough to start over Gattuso
Abbiati: Not gonna happen for various reasons
Nesta: Should be the captain, but he would refuse
Silva: Too young
Pato: Too young

Gattuso had a true mental meltdown against Inter, but there isn't anyone more capable of being the captain, which is probably more of an indictment of how poor our team is than anything...

so true if only pippo was young :( ambro wont play much under leo rest are young or fucked up

pirlo getting milan armband would be disgrace anyway you dont need an armband to be a leader

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't think anyone on the team is worthy of being captain (which is incredibly overrated anyway) at this point.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone on the team is worthy of being captain (which is incredibly overrated anyway) at this point.

How is being Milan captain "overrated at this point" ?

They should thank god they play for Milan and get these extreme undeserved wages let alone hold the armband.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Go home Gattuso!!!!!

Some guys just don't know the moment to change things.

He could left Milan as a hero.. things are gonna be worst in UCL for Milan, and he could left Milan as a joke..

and the other veterans too.

Last edited:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I dont think any Milan player fears Gattuso, they obviously respect him but dont fear him.

Maldini is the one they would listen to and do what he tells them to do.

and Gattuso's performance yesterday was a disgrace to the Milan shirt + armband, I hated the way he threw it on the floor when he got sent of like a dick.

His performance yesterday was easily one of the worst(if not the worst) indvidual performances I have ever seen in a Milan shirt its up there with Dida diving the other way against inter.

True, but I think that as as much to do with the fact that Milan has so many old players than anything else.

Take Pato and Silva for eg. If Gatusso was to give them a verbal kicking in the dressing room I'm sure they would feel intimidated and motivated for the 2nd half. (of course it depends on their character, some don't like being shouted at).

Seedorf, Inzaghi, R80 wouldn't think anything of it, as they have been round the block several times.

If by some miracle Berlu decides to buy a couple of young players then I think Gatusso is the perfect captain.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
When you take his performances in the Confed Cup in account along with the first two Serie A matches (he was bad in Siena also) evrybody can see that he hasn't been himself after the injury and he should not play until he's physically fit again. Flamini and Ambro should be the first choice ATM.
But this yesterday performance has nothing to do with that - that was just sheer madness and stupidity - letting the team down in a crucial match is not what one should expect from a captain...

He's getting old.. he will never play like 2004, 2003, 2005 anymore.

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
He had 1 bad game and got crucified. People tend to forget his contribution for this team. I know that his mistake turned out to be a decisive in terms of morale but hey... now that Paolo is gone, Rino is heart and soul of our team!

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan is his home now. :cool:

i forget about that.. i think he lives next to Favalli and Ambrosini, and Kaladze, and Pirlo.. and Inzaghi.. and Seedorf.. hehe
the squad of 2002.
Milan is becoming ridiculous with this ex-champions.. never gonna win a champ. with almost 40 games to play.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
He had 1 bad game and got crucified. People tend to forget his contribution for this team. I know that his mistake turned out to be a decisive in terms of morale but hey... now that Paolo is gone, Rino is heart and soul of our team!

+1

Fuck that.

+1,000,000

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players

He have been bad for a long time now.. we should give him a statue on Milanelo and not a spot in the team as a "thank you for everything". :)

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
+1

Fuck that.

+1,000,000

This.

Gatusso is one of the few Milan players right now who fights for the team. R80 doesn't, Seedorf doesn't, Pirlo doesn't ect.

He will get a few bookings and sending's off, but that's to be expected when you're a fiery character like Gattusso.

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
He have been bad for a long time now.. we should give him a statue on Milanelo and not a spot in the team as a "thank you for everything". :)

What are you talking about? Get your facts straight boy. I know that he's not getting any younger but still is integral part of our team. If you deny that, then something is wrong with u...

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
I know I'm gonna get flamed for "living in the past" but c'mon, watch the vid.

:proud: :proud: :proud: :proud:

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What are you talking about? Get your facts straight boy. I know that he's not getting any younger but still is integral part of our team. If you deny that, then something is wrong with u...

yeah.. you're rite.

We are living a dream. :head:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What a girly scream.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I just saw the avatar of N3d0.

I like gatusso but he is too old now, the opponents are too young.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
He's getting old.. he will never play like 2004, 2003, 2005 anymore.

oh seriously, SHut the fuck up. I like you generally australiano, but this is ridiculous....

Gattuso was amazing last year. and played very well against juve and siena the last 2 weeks. He got hurt and was frustrated. He committed a STUPID foul, and i wont condone it. But lets chill out.... 9 out of 11 players were CRAP saturday.

Who r we gonna get who is better at his role? Mascerano? DE Rossi? Essien? well they arent coming .... Felipe Melo?! ROFL he is a peice of shit, i will burn all my rossoneri jerseys if we ever wore the red and black. He is 1 of the biggest douchebags ever. I honestly nearly kick my tv in everytime i see him and dani alves for the selecao, always showing off there abs and flexing, true neanderthals.

Look everyone has bad games... but Gattuso is no way past it.