Milan's History Thread

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
^He received a red card in the 2003-2004 season; that has been his only red since 1999.
Haven't found anything before 1999, maybe gaizka or c4m will know.
I don't keep track of yellow or red cards :D

Suspension from 2 yellows, he got some. I remember he didn't play in the Inter Derby in season 03/04 (can't remember which one, the 3-1 or 3-2 win) because of 2 yellows. But mostly, he's quite clean as a defender.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
EDIT wrong thread

Last edited:

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
I don't keep track of yellow or red cards :D

Suspension from 2 yellows, he got some. I remember he didn't play in the Inter Derby in season 03/04 (can't remember which one, the 3-1 or 3-2 win) because of 2 yellows. But mostly, he's quite clean as a defender.

Not sure how accurate this information is.

He has played 23 years for the same club, which is a milestone in and of itself. He has been the Milan captain since 1997, and was the Italy captain from 1994 to 2002. In both instances, he succeeded Franco Baresi. When he retires in May, Italian calcio and world football will commemorate a player for the ages: Paolo Maldini.

Total Appearances, Red Cards, and Goals
126 for the Italian National Team (He was the captain 64 times).
874 for AC Milan, where he debuted in January 1985 as a 16 year old against Udinese.
According to GFDb, since 1999, he has had only 1 red card. (To the best of my knowledge, he was never red carded playing for Italy).
He has scored 43 goals in his career.

Career Honors
7 Serie A championships.
5 European Cup/Champions League titles. He has played in 8 final games, and that ties him with Paco Gento of Real Madrid for the record.
5 UEFA and Serie A Super Cups.
Record holder for appearances at AC Milan, the Serie A, and the Italian National Team.
Intercontinental Cup Champion in 1989 and 1990.
Bronze medal at World Cup 1990.
Silver medal at World Cup 1994.
World Soccer Magazine Player of the Year in 1994.
Silver medal at Euro 2000.
FIFA’s Best 125 living players.
He competed at 4 World Cup competitions, along with three European Nations Cups.
He played for the Azzurri from 1988 to 2002.
23 completed games at the World Cup, which is a record. (Lothar Matthäus played in 25 games, which is the record for most appearances).
2006-07 UEFA Club Defender of the Year.
2007 FIFA World Club Champion.

http://www.gfdb.com/Player.4937.Paolo-Maldini.aspx

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
The red card GFDb are refering to is the one Paolo picked up against Ancona on the first match day of the 2003/2004 season.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
The red card GFDb are refering to is the one Paolo picked up against Ancona on the first match day of the 2003/2004 season.

that was presumably a straight red? what was the offence?

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
A strange yet exciting story from ESPN about one of Milan's biggest flop : Luther Blissett

A name to be conjured with

As a former holder of the European Golden Boot, one of the first black players to play for England and a one-time big signing for AC Milan, the name Luther Blissett should be synonymous with that of a successful 1980s striker.

Yet the Jamaican-born Watford legend, who celebrates his 51st birthday on Sunday, has found that his name has a life of its own. As far as we at Soccernet know, there are few footballers who have had their monicker adopted as a nom de plume or collective alias for Bolognese militant activists in performances, media hoaxes, and the production of radical theory, a movement which has spread far beyond Italy's borders.

In Italy, Blissett the player is remembered as the flop of all flops, a big-money buy at £1m (then still a huge fee) who returned back to Watford at a loss of £550,000. So bad in fact, that he was good.

Every team has a player made a fans' favourite for uselessness past; Liverpool fans have Istvan Kozma, Manchester United fans still sing the name of Ralph Milne, Arsenal reminisce about Glenn Helder, while Chelsea fans giggle at the memory of Nikola Jokanovic. AC Milan have Blissett, a reminder of a tawdry 1983/84 season in the era that preceded their return to the pinnacle of European football.

It is unlikely that any of the aforementioned have been adopted as the name of an anarchist collective or been the given author of an award-winning and best-selling novel. Yet his route to Italian ignominy is one to be applauded. Playing at a time when black players were still relatively rare in British football, with attendant racism still a very big problem, Blissett was a strong and mobile centre-forward whose goals helped propel Watford up through the divisions. Owned by Elton John and managed by a young Graham Taylor, Watford were the miracle club of the late 70s, arriving in the old First Division in 1982, having been on the bottom rung just five years earlier.

Blissett's athleticism and bulk made him the ideal player for Taylor's tactics of getting the ball up the field as quickly as possible. Ever a willing runner, his aerial power saw him capitalise on quality service provided by two excellent wingers in Nigel Callaghan and John Barnes. The 1982/83 season was his annus mirabilis, as he powered in 27 goals while the Hornets enjoyed the best season in their entire history, finishing runners-up to Liverpool. He ended the season as the top goalscorer in any European league.

That season had seen him been handed his first England cap against West Germany in October 1982. His second international saw him grab a hat-trick. The opponents may have been Luxembourg but it signalled his potential as an England striker of the future. Unfortunately, by the time he arrived in Milan, he had failed to score in his next seven international appearances and was already saddled with a tabloid nickname of "Luther Missit"; a portent of things to come at San Siro.

This juncture seems a good time to bury one of the myths about AC Milan signing him. An apocryphal tale of the Italian club signing the wrong black Watford player when they really wanted John Barnes instead of Blissett was surely born of a lack of political correctness. As respected Italian-American journalist Gabriele Marcotti told The Guardian in 2005, "even the most ignorant and provincial person could see that Blissett and Barnes looked absolutely nothing alike. Second, the fact is that at that time Milan were looking for an out-and-out goalscorer and Barnes just wasn't that type of player."

Barnes, as a winger, was not the type of player wanted in the Italian game of the time. Added to that, his fabled solo goal for England in Rio did not happen until the summer of 1984 and, at just 19, he was not the player he would be later in the eighties. Further evidence to destroy the tale's veracity is Milan's signing of Mark Hateley, a similarly direct English-style forward, to replace Blissett. Watford may have been surprised at the money they received but Milan definitely got their man. Joe Jordan, in many ways the archetypal target man, had been at Milan until the summer of 1983.

There is mitigation for the disaster that followed. When Milan signed Blissett, they were not the dominant superclub of latterday times. They had spent the 1982/83 season in Serie B after being relegated after 1981/82 as they struggled to overcome the fall-out of their implication in a 1980 betting scandal that had seen them demoted as punishment.

Seven goals in pre-season had increased the hype about Blissett and the Italian press got excited. Those signals proved to be misguided and lampoonery soon set in. He would have to wait until deep into September until his first goal, against Joe Jordan's Hellas Verona. The next strike, on 30 October, was not succeeded until January 8. That foundation was not built upon until April 29 where a run of two goals in two matches followed in away wins at Torino and Pisa. Not only that, his first penalty for the club has rebounded somewhere off the seats in the back of the San Siro stand.

As a series of inexplicable misses piled up, he became victim of another silly rumour; his brother had made the trip to Italy in his stead.

Just five goals all season saw him greeted with derision and compared to seventies Rossoneri flop Egidio Calloni by legendary Italian journalist Gianni Brera. Watford's modus operandi was as far removed from the ponderous form of calcio played in the era as it was possible to be and Blissett's lack of finesse made him a figure of comedy and abuse, sadly some of it racial. After he returned home to Watford in the summer of 1984, opinions soon softened in Italy as fans began to regard their former anti-hero with ironic nostalgia.

Blissett was hailed by professional Inter fan Tomasso Pellizzari as fourth in his list of favourite ever Rossoneri behind Calloni, Patrick Kluivert and Giuseppe Farina, the owner who bought Blissett and eventually had to sell the club to Silvio Berlusconi before, bankrupt, he was forced to escape to South Africa in disgrace.

Back on home soil, Luther Loide Blissett the player had two more spells with Watford either side of three years with Harry Redknapp at Bournemouth where the "Luther Missit" headline resurfaced after a catastrophic FA Cup howler against Manchester United in 1989. At Vicarage Road, his 186 strikes in 503 matches make him the all-time Hornets leader in both goals and appearances. He was later assistant coach as part of Graham Taylor's second coming. He would also occasionally return to Italy to commentate on Serie A matches being beamed back in Britain.

By then, there was more than one Luther Blissett in the Italian public conscious. It was now a multiple use name used by hundreds of artists and social activists. Why has never been made clear though some theories place the John Barnes yarn as being the reason; a reference to a red herring. One story, again proved to be a falsehood, had a collection of bus passengers in Rome refusing to pay their fares and all giving their name as "Luther Blissett" to police.

More truthful was a group of Blissetts from Bologna carrying out a scam on a 1995 Italian TV show dedicated to finding missing persons. They staged a search for a fictitious British motorcyclist called Harry Kipper and the TV station even went as far as sending a film crew to London before "Luther Blissett" admitted responsibility for the scam. Weirder still was a faked campaign of black masses and satanic ritual abuse that created serious moral panic in Italy in 1997 before a hoax was eventually owned up to.

In 2007, a group of "Luther Blissets" created a storm when they reportedly gave away the ending to the final Harry Potter novel and claimed to have stolen the text from the book's publishers. The stunt appeared across the world's media until its untruth was admitted in a public email.

The bestselling historical novel "Q", set amid 16th century Protestant reformations in Lutheran Germany, was composed by Roberto Bui, Giovanni Cattabriga, Federico Guglielmi and Luca Di Meo, who chose the striker's name to be the author's name on the cover. The quartet later renamed themselves "Wu Ming"; Chinese for nothing.

Amidst this oddity, Blissett himself has remained sanguine. His public statements on the matter have shown admirable levity at the situation. After first describing himself as "not pleased" he later said: "It doesn't bother me at all, knowing some people use my name as a "multiple name" does not confuse me. When I look in the mirror, I do not see another Luther." He later appeared on a British TV show saying, in Italian, that "anyone can be Luther Blissett simply by adopting the name Luther Blissett", showing that he is at peace with having his name purloined for anti-establishment practice.

From struggling striker and salacious rumour to the "I'm Spartacus" of anarcho-collectives and social activists, Luther Blissett's Italian adventure was truly an odyssey of oddity.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
LOL to the last few paragraphs, his such a legend :star:

About a year ago or so I saw a video of him with us missing the impossible against Inter, believe me when I say the impossible, he was in the line and all he had to do was push the ball.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
I was one of those who believed in what is called a legend here(that we wanted another player).

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
TOP 5 Maldini games for Italy.

I know he has his own thread but that piece has this threads vibe all over it. It also features youtube links which is why I didn't bother copy/paste it here.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Weren't all his matches memorable? :conf:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Milan Legends: Demetrio Albertini
By: Gianfranco | July 19th, 2008

albertini.jpg

This man, after Maldini, was my favorite player to ever wear the Milan jersey. I wanted so much to play like Albertini and spent hours attempting to swerve free kicks and shots into any net or wall I had available. I spent hours holding the ball and looking for an imaginary pass to the wing hoping that Donadoni, Savicevic, or Boban would receive the pass in my backyard…

We know all the accolades, trophies, and victories he has tasted but for this legends post I don’t want to focus on that. Albertini meant more to me than just those accolades. For me Albertini is extra special because he was playing a style that only now in this modern era of football gets real PR for what he did and what he was capable of.
It is hard to call a player like Pirlo a modern day Albertini because these guys for me are different. They are once in a lifetime type players, one off in each generation of footballers who do things just a bit different than everybody else. For Albertini the era of midfielders was chock full of wingers and central midfielders who loved to be on the ball and attack their way up the pitch, but that wasn’t Demetrio. Demetrio did it his way, working and winning the ball around the center circle and either spraying the ball to the wings or carrying it to around 30 meters from goal and blasted long range shots on that made even the best goalies cringe.
Beckham, CRon, and all the other great strikers of the dead ball, need not look very far for one of the most underrated players I have ever watched. But another thing that Albertini did, that is a far cry from the players of this era, or even then, was he did everything with humility and a smile. He could have easily whined his way out of Milan when he was no longer in the winning eleven, but instead he left the squad on good graces and ultimately ended his career playing for another legendary club in Barcelona.
His humility was recognized and remembered by Milan, and he was honored much like the heroes before him in the video below, and though he may never go down as one of Milan’s all time greatest players he will in fact always remain a player that a child, much like myself, would do well to emulate and aspire to be like because of the way he went about his business. He may have never won the golden ball, golden boot, or even the player of value in tournaments and so on, but his contribution can’t be denied or forgotten.
More…
http://acmilan.theoffside.com/legends/milan-legends-demetrio-albertini.html

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan Legends: Demetrio Albertini
By: Gianfranco | July 19th, 2008

albertini.jpg

This man, after Maldini, was my favorite player to ever wear the Milan jersey. I wanted so much to play like Albertini and spent hours attempting to swerve free kicks and shots into any net or wall I had available. I spent hours holding the ball and looking for an imaginary pass to the wing hoping that Donadoni, Savicevic, or Boban would receive the pass in my backyard…

We know all the accolades, trophies, and victories he has tasted but for this legends post I don’t want to focus on that. Albertini meant more to me than just those accolades. For me Albertini is extra special because he was playing a style that only now in this modern era of football gets real PR for what he did and what he was capable of.
It is hard to call a player like Pirlo a modern day Albertini because these guys for me are different. They are once in a lifetime type players, one off in each generation of footballers who do things just a bit different than everybody else. For Albertini the era of midfielders was chock full of wingers and central midfielders who loved to be on the ball and attack their way up the pitch, but that wasn’t Demetrio. Demetrio did it his way, working and winning the ball around the center circle and either spraying the ball to the wings or carrying it to around 30 meters from goal and blasted long range shots on that made even the best goalies cringe.
Beckham, CRon, and all the other great strikers of the dead ball, need not look very far for one of the most underrated players I have ever watched. But another thing that Albertini did, that is a far cry from the players of this era, or even then, was he did everything with humility and a smile. He could have easily whined his way out of Milan when he was no longer in the winning eleven, but instead he left the squad on good graces and ultimately ended his career playing for another legendary club in Barcelona.
His humility was recognized and remembered by Milan, and he was honored much like the heroes before him in the video below, and though he may never go down as one of Milan’s all time greatest players he will in fact always remain a player that a child, much like myself, would do well to emulate and aspire to be like because of the way he went about his business. He may have never won the golden ball, golden boot, or even the player of value in tournaments and so on, but his contribution can’t be denied or forgotten.
More…
http://acmilan.theoffside.com/legends/milan-legends-demetrio-albertini.html
In today's game he's like Xavi for Spain NT. He seemed to content to sit back and direct the play from midfield but IMO Deme is better in scoring. His ability to control the tempo earned him the nickname Metronome, which is the symbol on the patch issued for his farewell game. I never understood why Milan let him go, it's so un-Milan-like to treat a legend like that. Maybe Ancelotti was dishing a revenge. But tactical-wise, he was no longer needed because in 00/01 when he left Milan had Rui Costa, Pirlo, Ambrosini and Gattuso in midfield. This decision was backfired when Rui Costa and Pirlo was injured most of that season and we had no real playmaker.

What are the clubs that he went to after Milan? I seem to remember Atletico Madrid, Atalanta, Lazio and finally Barcelona. The last one was Barca but I can't remember clubs before that.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What are the clubs that he went to after Milan? I seem to remember Atletico Madrid, Atalanta, Lazio and finally Barcelona. The last one (Barca) was correct but I can't remember clubs before that.
you are always right
he was our youth product

Years Club App (Gls)*
1988-2002 A.C. Milan 295 (21)
1990-1991 →Padova (loan) 028 0(5)
2002-2003 Atlético Madrid 028 0(2)
2003-2004 Lazio 023 0(2)
2004 Atalanta 014 0(1)
2005 Barcelona 005 0(0)

Total 393 (31)

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
I just finished reading every single post on this thread... These posts just make me even more proud that I'm Milanista and that this club will always have a special place in mu heart!

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, the legacy

This is his last season as a player... after 24 seasons with Milan (yes, that's right 24) he's saying goodbye.

We all remember him in that excellent defensive line with Baresi, Costacurta and Tassotti (you can add Galli) from the late 80's and early 90's... but you may not know how it all started.

He was born 5 years after his father Cesare had already lifted what we now know as the Champions League as Milan's captain in the 1963 final.

He played football in school, but not really with the intention of becoming a professional player... it was until he was a teenager that he was taken to the Milan youth sector managers... I can't remember the names, but one of the scouts took him to the Primavera manager and told him something like "the kid plays in defense... don't feel committed to give him a spot just because he's Cesare's son... if you think you can use him, keep him... if not, just let him go".... now we know they were able to use him... for 24 years, and more silverware than a catering supply company.

The strange thing is that he started playing in the RB position... actually in his Serie A debut, when he was 16, and because pretty much every other Milan defender was injured, he played RB. Keep in mind this is even before the 1986 WC in Mexico. Italy had won the WC in Spain 3 years before, with great defenders like Scirea, Collovati, Baresi, Bergomi, etc.

He's naturally right handed, but always had good control of the ball with both legs, so he was used also in the left side, and made a career out of that position, for him, and for many other players who started following him.

By 1988 he was already in the Italian NT that went to the Euro... in one of the most impressive matches ever for a defender, the 19 year old took care of Michel, the star of Real Madrid and the Spain NT, and pretty much didn't allow him to touch the ball in the entire game. From there, to the WC in Italy, were he was confirmed as a star.

By 1994, the same year he got married to Venezuelan model Adriana Fossa, at 26 years of age, and after a sad defeat in the WC final in USA, he received the captain's armband from Franco Baresi... one he wore from that day, and until the elimination of Italy in the Korea/Japan WC by Byron Moreno (ooops, sorry, I meant by the Korean NT)...

No one has ever played more games with Milan, or with the Italian NT... now Cannavaro is the only one who seems like he could reach that number, but let's remember Maldini could have played in the NT at least for 4 more years.

Thanks to sant of MM
http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=511361&postcount=157

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I just remembered this moment from few years ago while Boban was still playing for us. I'm not 100% sure but I think that it was in the match vs Lazio when he received a long pass with his back heel which landed perfectly right next to him. Maybe gaizka or C4M can tell me something more about that game.

Thanks in advance.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
you are always right
he was our youth product

Years Club App (Gls)*
1988-2002 A.C. Milan 295 (21)
1990-1991 →Padova (loan) 028 0(5)
2002-2003 Atlético Madrid 028 0(2)
2003-2004 Lazio 023 0(2)
2004 Atalanta 014 0(1)
2005 Barcelona 005 0(0)

Total 393 (31)
He was set free 2 give way 2 younger + better prospects.
Yeah , back then we used 2 let our legends go @ the right time.
Back then the team was bigger than players.
Back then coaches/players were kept only when they perform.
Back then was Milan.

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Can someone tell me what happened to Sacchi after he suffered some kind of a mental breakdown?

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I just remembered this moment from few years ago while Boban was still playing for us. I'm not 100% sure but I think that it was in the match vs Lazio when he received a long pass with his back heel which landed perfectly right next to him. Maybe gaizka or C4M can tell me something more about that game.

Thanks in advance.
Oh yeah! I remember that move, the crowd went mad. Correct, it was season 01/02, home game vs Lazio. I can't describe the moment exactly in English (some demonstration will be required :D) but he was near the goal line (I guess his left foot nearly stepped on the line because he was so close to being out of bounds) on the Curva Nord end, probably just outside the penalty box. Can't remember who made the long pass, but he raise his right foot, received the ball and dropped gently to his side. It was perfect, one of those moves that you'll never forget (like when Bergkamp spinning around the ball while pivoting and left his marker dead before scoring). And to top it off, he scored the winning goal in that game (he seemed to have a penchant for scoring vs Lazio at the San Siro, the previous season he scored all goals in a 2-1 win).

Class :star:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Can someone tell me what happened to Sacchi after he suffered some kind of a mental breakdown?

don't know but i heard that saachi had a mental breakdown

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Really? Haven't heard about this. When did this happen?

If my memory serves me good, I think that it happened soon after he became Parma's coach back in 01 I think. After a string of bad results he suffered from that mental breakdown. Thankfully he recovered well as he was appointed as Sporting Director at Real Madrid in 04. That's what I just found out about him.

BTW about Boban's skills... Man I will never forget that.. Perfect example of elegant, smart player. True #10!

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
firstly

who was better

savicevic
boban
gullit

secondly anyone found the video of theat skill

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
firstly

who was better

savicevic
boban
gullit

I just compare them to recent players so we can imagine how they play
Savicevic : Combination of Totti and Del Piero. Lots of tricks, pinpoint passes. Savicevic is less on the freekicks and scoring but run faster.
Boban : Plays like Deco. Orchestrating from behind the strikers. In the late 90s and early decade, the best playmakers in the world IMO are Boban, Zidane and Rui Costa.
Gullit : Plays like Kaka a lot. Fast dribble and marauding run but more physical and better in heading (jumping ability, precision and technique).

So that's why using the template of all Milan players in the last 20 years my all time dream player will be :
- Faster than Gullit and Kaka
- Grace and technique like Van Basten
- Calm like Maldini
- Agrresive like Gattuso
- Deadly like Sheva
- A rock in defense like Nesta or Costacurta
- Physical strength like Stam or Desailly
- Opportunist like Pippo
- Pass like Rui Costa or Boban
- Versatile like Albertini or Rijkaard
- Leadership like Baresi

Hopefully some member will not start stating qualities that they dislike from current squad (lazy like Pirlo, poor defending like Kaladzhe, motivated like Emerson etc :rolleyes: )

I'm afraid I can't find it, it's one those 4-5 seconds brilliance that means a lot and brilliant enough to stay in the memory of those watching it (obviously there are many here) but never got shown in the highlights. Just like Gattuso screaming 'wanker' while using his hand to make his point to Scholes during that CL 07 SF at San Siro or (using recent game's example) Maldini's pirroutte vs Inter.

Last edited:

albion tifo

Forever Milanista
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pipo, Boban, MVB, Gullit, Baresi, Billy, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Weah, Stam, Zlatan
firstly

who was better

savicevic
boban
gullit

Nr. 10 was made for Savicevic, he was smart and football inovator, for me he was the best but its dificult to answer on your question cause three of them was so great. Boban was my idol in early 90 and Gulit ??? hmmmm he was team engine. I miss all of them.

project1967

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
FEBRUARY 20 1979: CIAO PARON!

MILAN - On February 20 1979 Nereo Rocco left us. The responce of Milan to his departure was the win, a few months later, of the star for the tenth Scudetto. Today all the Milanisti remember him with great affection.

ROCCO'S SECRETS

Today's declarations at Milanello: Carlo Ancelotti promises to read the book on Nereo Rocco and Piero Prati underlines the absence of characters like him in today's football.

http://www.acmilan.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=80752

THIRTY YEARS AGO...

...left us. However Paron Rocco is not just a memory. He is still alive, fresh and present. His achievements and results are still with us. All the Milanisti remember him with affection.

http://www.acmilan.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=80736

Sidd

सिद्धर्&
Reaction score
San Siro - Home of the Rossoneri
san_siro.jpg

In 1925, Piero Pirelli, president of AC MILAN decided to build the stadium. Originally the ground was home and property of AC Milan. In 1947 Internazionale became tenants and the two have shared the ground ever since. Although Giuseppe Meazza played for both Inter Milan and AC Milan, he enjoyed more success at Inter Milan and is more favoured by the Inter Milan faithful; as a result, AC Milan fans favour the term San Siro for the ground.
The structure, as per Alberto Cousins and architect Ulysses Stacchini, composed of four rectilinear platforms, which were partially covered, and meant to hold upto 35,000.

san_siro1.jpg
In 1935 began the first operations of renovation began, with the stand being enlarged and the corners being filled thus increasing the capacity to 55,000.

san_siro2.jpg
Under Ferruccio Calzolari and architect Arms Ronca, 1955 the stadium underwent a drastic transformation.

san_siro_3.jpg

(some architectural blue prints of the stadium)

In 1987, as a preparation for the 1990 World Cup the Italian government gave the Milanese council $30 million for its modernization, but in the end, the cost was more than double that. The stadium underwent further renovations for the 1990 World Cup with $60m being spent, bringing the stadium up to UEFA 5-star standard. As part of the renovations, the stadium became all seated, with an extra tier being added to 3 sides of the stadium. This entailed the building of 11 concrete towers around the outside of the stadium. Four of these concrete towers located at the corner to support a new roof which has distinctive protruding red girders.

293772776_22b17f7c52.jpg

SanSiro2.jpg

(San Siro at night)​

The stadium has also been used for 2000–01, 1969–1970 and 1964–65 Champions League/European Cup finals.

The_San_Siro_Sunshine.jpg

trophies.jpg

(Trophy Room):proud:

Presently the stadium has a capacity of 80,074, rated 5 star by UEFA and is home to Associazione Calcio (AC) Milan and unfortunately F.C. Internazionale Milano.

Last edited:

Schedule