Alessandro Nesta Thread

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ashish said:
Nesta Flies Back To Milan… To Go Under The Knife?
The injury-plagued stopper is about to leave Florida, but could be forced to undergo surgery, and the Rossoneri are already weighing up potential January recruits to replace him...

Alessandro Nesta’s injury woes continue, as he looks set to turn to surgery in order to resolve his back problems once and for all.

The 32-year-old has yet to make his official debut this season, as he has only featured in a friendly game in Albania on October 14.

However, just when he seemed on the verge of returning to action, his back pain flared up again and Milan granted him permission to fly out to Miami to undergo a course of physiotherapy.

But Sportmediaset reports this morning that his intercontinental journey was to no avail, and he is expected to skip the Rossoneri winter camp in Dubai after Christmas.

It is alleged that the medical staff are mulling over the possibility of operating on the disc protrusion that has been tormenting him since last July, and the Diavoli are already in the process of scouring the transfer market for replacements.

Their main target seems to be Palermo centre-back Andrea Raggi, who is struggling to settle in at the Stadio Renzo Barbera, but Atalanta man Leonardo Talamonti could also be a viable option.

Vince Masiello, Goal.com
This article has to be BS, because it said we were scouring the transfer market. Do we even know what that is anymore?

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
It said on Mediaset today that he his getting better & could well return in January to play.

It is difficult to say at this stage & the doctor did say he was doing quite abit of running, so we can only hope.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
^Last news I saw is that he's still in Miami. Don't know if he's still going to Dubai or will skip it.

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Lisa said:
^Last news I saw is that he's still in Miami. Don't know if he's still going to Dubai or will skip it.
He his ment to be coming back on 8 January in possible decent shape to nearly play, that is what it said on Mediaset.

I don't if this is true, I hope it is.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Is anyone else scared that he might not be able to play again? I'm really worried and wish management would just be honest with us. :head:

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
MilanoMichael said:
Is anyone else scared that he might not be able to play again? I'm really worried and wish management would just be honest with us. :head:
They don't know for sure what will happen & in the end if he has to he will have the operation & then see what happens.

Hopefully he will be back soon with no operation needed.

Even if he was very bad & needed the operation then it would be along time before they would know if he can return or not.

I am very confident he will be back at some point.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
MilanoMichael said:

i'm with you. Back injuries r terrible, and its really not out of realm of possibility he's done. Or if he comes back he wont be the same

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milano84 said:
i'm with you. Back injuries r terrible, and its really not out of realm of possibility he's done. Or if he comes back he wont be the same
Back injuries are career threatning. Carew was originally meant to be out for 2 week, a month later and he's still going to be another month. You can't put a date on Nesta's return really.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Okay, and when he's recovered from his back problems, now he has to spend even more time getting back into playing condition after having been out of action for nearly eight months.

Dare I say it, don't be surprised if the Tirana match winds up being the only game he'll have appeared in this season.

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
Beemer has a point, and just like MilanoMichael, it scares me too to think he may not return. I was real sad when he got injured in the world cup, since having Nesta on the field is a unique thing. Rare are those who have the stability, skill and elegance in defense like he does.

However, I also think he's a real professional who will work his ass off to get on the pitch again. It's a bad injury, but he'll overcome it, I'm sure of that. Besides, according to our teams philosophy, he still has his best years ahead of him, so expect him.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
"where we'll see if he can continue playing at the highest levels"

what if he can't will we release him or just play him as much as we play senderos

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Boban1982 said:
The link is regarding Canna, but the bottom paragraphs about Nesta are very worrying.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/dec27f.html
I would'nt read much into what you have written above because he also says that he his recovering well & in the final process of probably being OK.

I don't think Galliani really knows what Nesta is like for sure, the doctor has been in touch & he his ment to be running again & hopefully will be back soon.

Even if Nesta needed the operation in the end & there is no suggestion he does at this time & he had to have the full recovery from this we would not know if he can get back near his best for say ayear in my book.

Hopefully he returns ready to play because the end of January has been suggested that he coould be ready for.

Milan14Legend

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Pirlo, Nesta
Give him one last year with Lazio. Forza Il Grande Nesta!

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Milan14Legend said:
Give him one last year with Lazio. Forza Il Grande Nesta!
Another 4 & ahalf years with Milan is what Milan desperately need.

Milan14Legend

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Pirlo, Nesta
DSM said:
Another 4 & ahalf years with Milan is what Milan desperately need.
He's not superhuman. And we shouldn't be selfish. I believe he should finish this season with us, then in a sign of respect we should give him a final season with Lazio. We all know how much he loves them. Forza Nesta! :proud:

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Milan14Legend said:
He's not superhuman. And we shouldn't be selfish. I believe he should finish this season with us, then in a sign of respect we should give him a final season with Lazio. We all know how much he loves them. Forza Nesta! :proud:
I am sure that Nesta will enjoy finishing his career at Milan & trying to win some more trophies in his last years.

inomilan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Milan14Legend said:
you do know that Lazio fans labelled him as traitor when he moved to us just like how we labelled Sheva as a traitor right?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
inomilan said:
you do know that Lazio fans labelled him as traitor when he moved to us just like how we labelled Sheva as a traitor right?
Noup. They didn't.

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
Mexes to Milan if Nesta leaves

Good news does not come from Miami where the Milan defensemen, Alessandro Nesta, is recovering from a back injury. Even Silvio Berlusconi, to the press, has declared to not having any encouraging news on the recovery of the defensement who will skip the trip to Dubai. The staff of via Turati is evaluating with attention if the three months of therapy in America have not resolved the problem. Milan, besides Thiago Silva is thinking of acquiring the Roma defenseman, Philippe Mexes as a caution in case Nesta desides to end his career. The cost of the deal would be around 16 million eruros.

milannews.it

inomilan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Cristina said:

Good news does not come from Miami where the Milan defensemen, Alessandro Nesta, is recovering from a back injury. Even Silvio Berlusconi, to the press, has declared to not having any encouraging news on the recovery of the defensement who will skip the trip to Dubai. The staff of via Turati is evaluating with attention if the three months of therapy in America have not resolved the problem. Milan, besides Thiago Silva is thinking of acquiring the Roma defenseman, Philippe Mexes as a caution in case Nesta desides to end his career. The cost of the deal would be around 16 million eruros.

milannews.it
damn :(

this has been a very bad year, especially for Nesta, i wish him to hopefully have a VERY VERY VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR

albion tifo

Forever Milanista
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pipo, Boban, MVB, Gullit, Baresi, Billy, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Weah, Stam, Zlatan
Cristina said:

, Philippe Mexes as a caution in case Nesta desides to end his career.
Sad

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Let's be fair these stories are just from Rome & Turin newspapers guessing at Nesta's condition to try to get some stories.

As the Milan doctor says he his improving & hopefully will be ready to play in the team in early February.

If he still struggles for the next couple of months he will have the operation & be fit for next season, but this does'nt seem to be needed & hopefully won't be.

Nesta I would say will certainly play again & it should hopefully be soon.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
DSM said:
Let's be fair these stories are just from Rome & Turin newspapers guessing at Nesta's condition to try to get some stories.

As the Milan doctor says he his improving & hopefully will be ready to play in the team in early February.

If he still struggles for the next couple of months he will have the operation & be fit for next season, but this does'nt seem to be needed & hopefully won't be.

Nesta I would say will certainly play again & it should hopefully be soon.

I just hope your right.

Schedule