Official: Andre Miguel Valente da Silva Thread

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's only gonna get better if he gets more consistency

Focuss first on him before developing Cutrone

He plays constantly, I don´t know where the rumor comes from that he does not. He played 7/10 games so far despite needing a bit longer in pre season because of international games in summer.

More would not be good necessarily (building him carefully and slowly > overplaying him) and also not deserved.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
He only started 4 out of 10 games

that's the problem

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He only started 4 out of 10 games

that's the problem

What problem, if he starts like every second game that´s completely fine.
I mean we have Kalinic and Suso too so he can be lucky to start every second game as long as he doesn´t reach the next level.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
He plays constantly, I don´t know where the rumor comes from that he does not. He played 7/10 games so far despite needing a bit longer in pre season because of international games in summer.

More would not be good necessarily (building him carefully and slowly > overplaying him) and also not deserved.

Before the spal match he literally played 20mins in 4 matches.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Before the spal match he literally played 20mins in 4 matches.

Yeah because we played 4-3-3, since changing to 3-5-2 he played more than enough.
If we stayed with 4-3-3 he would still ride the bench as Kalinic is clearly the main striker now.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
i mean... dybala who at the time joined jube ( we cant deny it ) was miles ahead of silva in terms of development and already accustom to the league yet wasnt made a sure starter by allegri till december ..

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
i mean... dybala who at the time joined jube ( we cant deny it ) was miles ahead of silva in terms of development and already accustom to the league yet wasnt made a sure starter by allegri till december ..

Juve had morata and mandzukic... but still no one understood why allegri treated dybala the way he did.

Yeah because we played 4-3-3, since changing to 3-5-2 he played more than enough.
If we stayed with 4-3-3 he would still ride the bench as Kalinic is clearly the main striker now.

It is not about kalinic vs silva.. but more cutrone v silva..

Cutrone even in form isn't better than silva, and certainly didn't deserve to start all the first 3 matches ahead of silva

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
but more cutrone v silva..

Cutrone even in form isn't better than silva, and certainly didn't deserve to start all the first 3 matches ahead of silva

Silva wasn't match ready tho

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
+ Cutrone is still at the very least equally Serie A ready, was on a roll, scored 2 goals and 2 assists in the first Serie A matches and was very important in giving us a smooth start against the smaller clubs.
Silva could have costed us there and I don´t want to imagine a really bad start to Serie with a completely new squad.
It was absolutely right to start Cutrone in this moment of the season, now with 3-5-2, two striker positions and the fitness levels evening out its a different situation.

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Juve had morata and mandzukic... but still no one understood why allegri treated dybala the way he did.

It is not about kalinic vs silva.. but more cutrone v silva..

:fp:
That's just fanboy nonsense. Hey I love the guy too but Cutrone was scoring.

If you're a striker...and you're not scoring or assisting...you're not doing your job.

"Talent" doesn't and never will/should Trump results.
Gila was/is a more talented player than Pippo. but Pippo scores more so fuck Gila etc.

At the end of the day football is about getting a ball into the back of a box. After the match, nobody is going to care about what magnificent control you have, how refined your touch is etc etc if it didn't lead to a goal.

With all of that said I'm still a massive fan of the guy and I hope he becomes the next Hernan Crespo or Benzema.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
Silva needs to start more league games. He has to understand the league.
Cutrone can wait, right now we should focus more on silva.

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

If you're a striker...and you're not scoring or assisting...you're not doing your job.

Gila was/is a more talented player than Pippo. but Pippo scores more so fuck Gila etc.

At the end of the day football is about getting a ball into the back of a box. After the match, nobody is going to care about what magnificent control you have, how refined your touch is etc etc if it didn't lead to a goal.

With all of that said I'm still a massive fan of the guy and I hope he becomes the next Hernan Crespo or Benzema.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ragamuffin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Silva needs to start more league games. He has to understand the league.
Cutrone can wait, right now we should focus more on silva.

What the heck?

Montella will start who he thinks can get us the 3 points, end of story

So much fanboying for Silva when Cutrone has played so awesome for us. Im glad we have both

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Just because silva cost 40 m and cutrone is a primavera doesnt mean we have to nurture our investment in those 40 m

our investment is Milan and not 1 player. so i hope montella does whats best for the team no matter who plays .

wether is silva or cutrone, zapata musacchio etc etc

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers

You are making too much sense, Baby silva blind fanboys will not comprehend.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cutrone earned his minutes, every one of them.

It was best for him and for the team to start those games.

The-Loko

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi Maldini Sheva Batistuta Riquelme Benedetto Ginobili
I'm glad to see this discussion, months ago we were discussing Fisherman vs Lapagrinta

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
Jube have Dybala, Barca Dambele, Real Asensio, Dortmund Pusilic etc...
All big clubs have their major young star, a marquee signing, a key player for the future.
Ours is Andre Silva.
So we should give him all the best opportunities.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
pretty accurate

Andre has already surpassed Gabigols Inter career in half a game. Apart from score a goal and get more tattoos what did Gabigol do.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gabigol is pretty talented... I watched him pre inter... but he got burned at merda .. once u get a wonder kid it's better to hype him and build him up as the next big thing instead of freezing him out of team and barely giving him the chance... i loved how B&G did exactly this with our golden boys... kaka, pato, ts33 and before that..

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
Gabigol is pretty talented... I watched him pre inter... but he got burned at merda .. once u get a wonder kid it's better to hype him and build him up as the next big thing instead of freezing him out of team and barely giving him the chance... i loved how B&G did exactly this with our golden boys... kaka, pato, ts33 and before that..

By all accounts Gabigol has a bad attitude, he was probably expecting to walk into Inter's line up when he signed. He's had too much hype, he wasn't great in the Olympics, Jesus looked the far better prospect. And tbh his biggest mistake was coming to Serie A in the first place as his first European move.

And the last half of your quote, shows what is wrong with Italian football when it comes to young players. They don't trust them and you can see why this thinking over the last decade or so has shown with the lack of attacking talent coming thru.

Last edited:

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers

Pato is now playing in the chinese league, SES hype made him addicted to coke, Mastour hype couldn't even cut it in holland.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pato is now playing in the chinese league, SES hype made him addicted to coke, Mastour hype couldn't even cut it in holland.

Pato playing in Chinese league has absolutely nothing to do with this... he was amazing when he first came to Milan... we threw him in immediately and we all fell in love right after that night next to Ronaldo vs Napoli... 5-2 i still remember it well

Schedule