Round of 16: Argentina 0-0 Switzerland (ET: 1-0) - Tuesday 01/07/2014 18:00 CEST

Team to qualify for the quarter-finals?

• Switzerland

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
The Swiss didn't create enough to deserve to win, but my fucking god did Dzem fuck up.

Germany, France, Brazil and Arg look so mediocre... It's turning into the 2010 world cup where all the big teams are playing garbage.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Argentina have a very good luck thing going... Messi is Messi'ng hard... might win this whole thing idk idk

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wanted Switzerland to win.
I thought that Djorou was going to fuck it up for them; I forgot that Lichsteiner is even more stupid.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Djourou was excellent. Where is he playing these days?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
That match was like an orchestra from Largo to Presto. Thoroughly enjoyable.

The best defensive unit of the tournament is out. And such a pity that the mistake came from one of the best defenders in the tournament.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
best defense??? france game??

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
That idiot Lichsteiner. As bad as Xhaka was on the whole world cup. It is surprise that he looks decent in serie A.

Who doesnt look decent in serie a? :lol:

It's serie A :fp:

Where the best team cant even manage group stages of ucl.

tschief

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
best defense??? france game??

Did you watch that game?

Switzerland had quite a good start, a terrible foul from Giroud to Von Bergen completely shakened the swiss defence (senderos had to play without time to prepare) and france took advantage of that, took their chances and just shot 3 goals in first half. Second half both teams shot 2 goals each. So?

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Did you watch that game?

Switzerland had quite a good start, a terrible foul from Giroud to Von Bergen completely shakened the swiss defence (senderos had to play without time to prepare) and france took advantage of that, took their chances and just shot 3 goals in first half. Second half both teams shot 2 goals each. So?

So how best defense conceded 5 goals?

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Best defense in this wc so far is colombia

Tartufo

Primavera
Reaction score
Did you watch that game?

It could have easily been 7 goals, if France didn't miss a penalty + the rebound and if the ref had allowed the Benzema goal at the end. And I don't care what's the excuse, the "best defensive unit in the tournament" doesn't allow 5 fucking goals. On top of that, they only had one clean sheet (against Honduras :lol:)

tschief

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
So how best defense conceded 5 goals?

I didnt say anything about "best" defence. I just said that the game started very bad for the swiss - a badly wounded von bergen - one of the most important players in the swiss defense gets kicked KO (foot right in the face) and has to stop playing. Organisation was completely off then. 2 of the 3 goals both fell just shortly after, each only a few seconds away from each other. Its completely usual that the team behind has to open up play and press - thus conceding more goals.

But whatever.. Read what you want to read. I actually dont care. Switzerland looked bad vs france, reasons stated above

tschief

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
It could have easily been 7 goals, if France didn't miss a penalty + the rebound and if the ref had allowed the Benzema goal at the end. And I don't care what's the excuse, the "best defensive unit in the tournament" doesn't allow 5 fucking goals. On top of that, they only had one clean sheet (against Honduras :lol:)

Dear lord. I DID NOT SAY ANYTHING about best defence. I was quoting Congo because he took the worst game Switzerland had the last 2 years for an example of how "bad" switzerlands defence is. At least he indicated it

And:
France didnt just "miss". Benaglio SAVED

Tartufo

Primavera
Reaction score
Dear lord. I DID NOT SAY ANYTHING about best defence. I was quoting Congo because he took the worst game Switzerland had the last 2 years for an example of how "bad" switzerlands defence is. At least he indicated it

And:

But they did miss the rebound. The French player shot it to the sky. And apologise, I was quoting necromancer.

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players

And:

Lol no one said switzerland defence is bad, they were good but not the best

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
best defense and switzerland in the same sentence lmao. #thatanalogy.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
LeBron James Verified account
‏@KingJames
Heard Messi made the game winning pass! That's my type of play/er. Win, loss, draw u make the right play to help your team be successful

I fucking LOVE you lebron. HAHAHA. Trolling the haters

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
A decent defensive unit. Best defensive unit implies not getting 5 goals against, and not having only one game with a clean sheet (against the worst attack of the wc).

If they were excellent before the WC, its irrelevant, specially when you're naming them "best defensive unit of the WC".

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Am I the only one thinking thad Messias has been very mediocre in this wc until now?

Hasn't showed very much special things, besides the few two or three "Messi-moments". Shaqiri on the other hand was superb, especially in the first half. If I had to choose today between Shaqiri and Messi there would be no question which one I would pick.

If his name wasn't Messi no one would take special note of him. For me Angel is the best player right now playing for Argentina, don't understand this Messi-obsession at all.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Am I the only one thinking thad Messias has been very mediocre in this wc until now?

Yes. Only one and therefor stupid also.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sorry bro. You're ok, but your statement is just stupid.

Here - http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/lionel-messi-is-impossible/

Wait. I said there has been some "Messi-Moments". Besides that, sorry, I don't get that Messi obsession. If you watch Messi closely he's not doing that much, barely not moving the whole game over 90 minutes only to "pull out a Messi" and to decide a game. As long as it works everyone cries out loud for Messi the Messias. But as I said, there are a lot if players on this worldcup who shined much more than Messi so far.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Wait. I said there has been some "Messi-Moments". Besides that, sorry, I don't get that Messi obsession. If you watch Messi closely he's not doing that much, barely not moving the whole game over 90 minutes only to "pull out a Messi" and to decide a game. As long as it works everyone cries out loud for Messi the Messias. But as I said, there are a lot if players on this worldcup who shined much more than Messi so far.

:fp: "only to pull out a Messi" :head:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sorry for not getting a boner everytime Messi touches the ball. Obviously this Messi is leading Argentina straight to world cup title and I don't get it, isn't he?

Schedule