antonio donnarumma - asteras tripolis - 12 july 2017
1m = 150m + 9m bonus

DEh_9vhXgAAbtCP.jpg:small

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
DEv8kKYU0AAA9Bg.jpg

(why isn't this Chinese consortium anymore?)

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

bacon d'or

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

lucas biglia - nazio - 16 july 2017
17m + 3m bonus = 167m + 12m bonus

DFXXO3MXcAIFKwc.jpg:small

bacon d'or

Milan Legend
Reaction score
LJsafpx.jpg
LJsafpx.jpg
LJsafpx.jpg
LJsafpx.jpg
LJsafpx.jpg
LJsafpx.jpg
LJsafpx.jpg
LJsafpx.jpg
LJsafpx.jpg
LJsafpx.jpg

leonardo bonucci
- ㄥuventus - 20 july 2017
42m = 209m + 12m bonus

DFRnWlhXgAEzPwd.jpg:small

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
good series, bacon! :thumbsup:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Galliani 10% pls.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
galliani must never come close to this club ever again

we're just getting rid of the stench

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
That communist party thingy in late October is gonna be huge for both Milan and Inter. And honestly, I'm rather pessimistic at the moment regarding more investment coming from China.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
That communist party thingy in late October is gonna be huge for both Milan and Inter. And honestly, I'm rather pessimistic at the moment regarding more investment coming from China.

explain

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players

The National Congress will start October 18th: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/19th_National_Congress_of_the_Communist_Party_of_China

Investment in non-core stuff like sports is expected to be a major topic of discussion, with rising sentiment against this. Official line has been opaquely moving towards a clear curb on overseas investments on entertainment and sports: http://chinafilminsider.com/government-curbs-sink-overseas-investment-property-sports-entertainment/

And then a bunch of rumours and smoke and mirror stuff going on around Xi and factions with him and against him: http://www.scmp.com/sport/soccer/ar...soccer-takeover-frenzy-suddenly-gone-so-quiet

Suning, owners of Chinese club Jiangsu and Italy’s Inter Milan, found themselves accused of possibly having used football as a means for them to launder money.

Subsequently, the chairman of Fosun (which owns Wolverhampton Wanderers), Guo Guangchang, was reported to be missing, with some speculating that he had been detained by the Chinese authorities.

An even bigger name associated with football in China, Wang Jianlin (chairman of the Dalian Wanda Group), was then rumoured to have been stopped at Tianjin airport and prevented from leaving the country.

No one really knows where Milan's owners lie - pro-Xi or Anti-Xi. Suning is getting the heat a lot - so they are quite likely not in Xi's good books.

Inter has already scheduled a board meeting after the National Congress - which will determine how much they can spend - so they are waiting for policies to emerge from the Conference: http://www.football-italia.net/110527/inter-can-spend-january

If the earlier shared report of Yonghong looking for new investors is true, then that's pessimism coming from the Milan camp as well. And they are trying to get money from elsewhere and not from China.

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
dammit

i knew china were making it hard to take money out of the country, but i thought that was over ~ 3-4 months ago. maybe sports and entertainment isn't OK yet.

this is actually something to worry about, unless Xi sees Milan as something important for China. i don't like this situation.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Dang so this Chinese money is starting to cause worries already? Freakin hell

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Have we heard anything more concrete about those football schools and the Milan China promotions?

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score

so, what happened?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
so, what happened?

Not clear. But since Xi consolidated his power and emerged more powerful than any Chinese leader till date, it's likely that the news is bad news.

I had read this article: http://www.scmp.com/sport/china/art...as-communist-party-congress-message-investors

Which says football investments are likely to be strategic only and possibly only when linked to the Belt and Road Initiative projects. That puts a lot of doubt on investment in Milan, since Italy as nothing to do with the Belt and Road projects.

They might end up spending more on football stadiums in Asia and Africa rather than in European clubs.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What are the odds now that Li folds and Elliott sells to the highest bidder? Would that even be such a bad thing? We're a young team and potentially with Conte next year we could dominate. Might be a good time to buy the team.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
What are the odds now that Li folds and Elliott sells to the highest bidder? Would that even be such a bad thing? We're a young team and potentially with Conte next year we could dominate. Might be a good time to buy the team.

I think we're going to have new owners by 2019

maybe li will become a minority owner and sell most of his shares to someone richer.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not gonna happen.

You think Li is dumb enough to have burned 500m in the summer just to lose the club 6 months later?
He has the money.

I bet we use those funds and refinancing just so we don't have to expose the real owners.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not gonna happen.

You think Li is dumb enough to have burned 500m in the summer just to lose the club 6 months later?
He has the money.

I bet we use those funds and refinancing just so we don't have to expose the real owners.

I don't know, it seemed clear that they were making a huge all or nothing bet that we'd make the CL this year, and not doing so would be a huge hit. What coach or WC player would join next year if we end up as 6th again? Can they promise a Conte that we'd spend another 200m to get his players? I really doubt that. It was all or nothing, and right now we have a whole lot of nothing.

Edit: Especially since if we don't make the CL we're going to have to sell some assets, most likely Donnarumma, Suso or Andre Silva. Whoever we replace them with won't be as good, since the point is to make money from the sales.

Last edited: