Milan's Transferseason round-up

What do you make of our transfer campaign so far?

• Total voters

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
San Paolo said:
Milan never sign youngsters. Let's tear up the San Siro and burn Berlusconi and Galliani at the stake. Ancelotti is a COWARD!!!. :o
We'll we haven't signed them, they are in trials, but I'm on board with the rioting, just because I want to.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
crazy4milan said:
We'll we haven't signed them, they are in trials, but I'm on board with the rioting, just because I want to.
Twenty days is one hell of a long trial.
Reports suggest we have captured Tabare Viudez with Mathias Cardaccio to follow.

end-er

milanista
Reaction score
if we sign boruc and a good cb (i.e. zapata), that would be a great campaign

for now, we don't have a world class gk and we are totally dependent on nesta in the centre of defence

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Blog: Just indefensible

Milan’s bungled bid to improve their defence with Branislav Ivanovic has stunned
What a mess. That’s a quick assessment of Milan’s attempts to strengthen their backline over the last week. While one should applaud and understand their interest in Branislav Ivanovic, their decision to sell Dario Simic and Digão before securing the Chelsea stopper was a mistake of calamitous proportions.

Just who is in charge of transfer strategy at Milanello these days? Adriano Galliani, Ariedo Braida, Carlo Ancelotti or Silvio Berlusconi? Whoever it is, they’ve been around for long enough to realise that nothing should be taken for granted in this game until it is signed, sealed and delivered.

It’s an amateurish oversight from the Rossoneri, a club whose mercato moves have already been questioned after they gambled on Ronaldinho and overpaid for Gianluca Zambrotta. This latest own goal has actually seen them weaken their defence in their attempts to make it more robust.

While it is fair to argue that Simic hasn’t exactly been a happy camper on the San Siro bench in recent years and that Digão was probably signed to keep brother Kaka onside, their departures have restricted Ancelotti’s limited centre-back options even further. That’s bad news given the injury proneness of Paolo Maldini and Alessandro Nesta.

Milan, of course, will argue that this is no time to panic. Galliani has spent the last few weeks trying to convince people that Massimo Ambrosini, a rugged central midfielder, can be used as a centre-back. But that’s a desperate step for a club of the Rossoneri’s stature and can be interpreted as a sign of weakness.

Milan need to buy a new stopper, rather than invent one, and they’ve got 12 days in which to do so. Maybe they need to give Chelsea another call…

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/blogs/al52.html

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
i just read the blog,and i also read the comments..some people are just ridiculous,i mean,it`s okay to say that we`re not strong enough to win the scudetto,but to say that we will end in a mid-table position or even strugle to avoid relegation is way too much..

ROSSONERO_PR

I-BRA-vissimo !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, NESTA, KAKA', KALADZE, BEHRAMI, LORIK CANA, BOGDANI, PATO, MARADONA, M.V.B etc.
I dont know Where to post these PIC-s of Stupid Galliani ...during the Sensi Funeral today from ROMA Fans affusion !

galliani20092008grweqgqwN.jpg

galliani20092008grweqgqwN2.jpg

galliani20092008grweqgqwN3.jpg
:D :D

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
There is a thread For Berlusconi and Galliani, You can post them there. It would have been better to have wasted more minutes to find that thread using the Search button, and Thanks!

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
ROSSONERO_PR said:
Thanks ;) anyway ...!!! They was right with that act ! He never met him !
And all of the ultras did?

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
ROSSONERO_PR said:
Thanks ;) anyway ...!!! They was right with that act ! He never met him !
they were right to do it? yeah,i guess creating problems at someone`s funeral really shows how much you respect him..

siatanhai

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,
ok we may get another CB aswell but all in all the transfer campaign went better than i thought it wud we have/are signing good players for positions that we need
but we have still seen no proof that we can get players that are wanted by other top european clubs and depending on our performances nxt season obviously it will be interesting to see how we compete for top youngsters or player nxt summer with other clubs, as good as the signings have been so far most have been pretty straight forward to complete as far as competition

Milanista10

FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
Our squad is more or less complete for the first time in quite a while. Although I would still offload Kalac and Dida to make room for a young up and coming keeper, do something about Brocchi, emerson and Favalli (terminate their contracts), and loan out Paloschi and Darmian...It's safe to say we had a very decent transfer campaign.

W got rid of most of our dead wood; Simic, Cafu, Serginho, Gilardino and we loaned out Gourcuff and Digao to gain experience.

We then signed 10 players to add depth, and many of them pushing out some starters out of our starting XI. Those 10 players are all capable of contributing to the squad and are all better replacements then what we had last season. Kaka' said we needed a squad of 25 high level players if we were to compete on all fronts this year, and that's exactly what we got.

We signed: Flamini, Abiatti, Antonini, Boriello, Zambrotta, Ronaldinho, Viudez, Cardaccio, Shevchanko, Senderos.

That right there is one hell of a transfer campaign. I always tell people that a World Class team needs a certain quota of players for each position.

3 GK
2 LB
2 RB
5 CB
5 DM
3 AM
3 CF
2 ST

guess what? we have that for the first time since...the Capello era for crying out loud! We even exceed that quota as a matter of fact

(in pecking order)

GK: Abiatti, Dida, Kalac

LB: Jankulovski, Favalli, Antonini

RB: Zambrotta, Oddo

CB: Nesta, Kaladze, Maldini, Bonera, Senderos, Darmian

DM: Pirlo, Flamini, Ambrosini, Gattuso, Emerson, Brocchi

AM: Kaka', Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Viudez, Cardaccio

ST: Pato

CF: Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Boriello, Paloschi

We have a 30 man squad that is very competitive and can definitely fight on 3 different fronts this year. we added depth, quality and many more options.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Now the squad needs to be trimmed.

Loan: Paloschi, Darmian
Sell/Release" Favalli, Brocchi, Emerson

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
very strong squad, finally some competition, we needed that.

i think favalli should be kept, darmian should be loaned, emerson or brocchi sold, viudez and/or cardaccio loaned, paloschi loaned

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
why is everyone so bent out of shape about keeping favalinho on the roster??? as i said when we extended his contract... hes a 3rd/4th choice left back and is solid enough to be that... its not like hes going to be starting in matches that are evenly remotely important... the only reason he played so much last year was because we didnt have anyone else to put there...

Milanista10

FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
CentreD13 said:
why is everyone so bent out of shape about keeping favalinho on the roster??? as i said when we extended his contract... hes a 3rd/4th choice left back and is solid enough to be that... its not like hes going to be starting in matches that are evenly remotely important... the only reason he played so much last year was because we didnt have anyone else to put there...
and we now have Antonini who's been pretty impressive,not to mention he's still fairly young at 26. a spring chicken compared to the rest of our defence

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Milanista10 said:
and we now have Antonini who's been pretty impressive,not to mention he's still fairly young at 26. a spring chicken compared to the rest of our defence

i understand that... which only means theres less a chance of favalli playing... i dont see the problem.

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
Milanista10 said:
i haven`t seen antonini play much in the pre-season (i watched a small amount of games),has he done better or worse than janku?

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
i havent either but i know janku was one of the best performers so..

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
Jivara said:
i havent either but i know janku was one of the best performers so..
yeah,i know janku has done pretty well..that`s why i`m asking,was antonini near his level..?

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
*Milan*4ever* said:
yeah,i know janku has done pretty well..that`s why i`m asking,was antonini near his level..?
Antonini is athletic but lacks class on the ball & in the final third & we know Janku has that quality.

end-er

milanista
Reaction score
Milanista10 said:
GK: Abiatti, Dida, Kalac

LB: Jankulovski, Favalli, Antonini

RB: Zambrotta, Oddo

CB: Nesta, Kaladze, Maldini, Bonera, Senderos, Darmian

DM: Pirlo, Flamini, Ambrosini, Gattuso, Emerson, Brocchi

AM: Kaka', Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Viudez, Cardaccio

ST: Pato

CF: Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Boriello, Paloschi
30 guys. at least 3 should be sold/loaned imo. considering we need 3 keepers and we won't buy a new one, the expendable ones are: favalli, darmian, emerson, brocchi, viudez, cardaccio and paloschi. 7 guys.

darmian and paloschi should be loaned to get more experience, cardaccio and viudez kept for backup, at least one of emerson or brocchi sold (i'd sell both), favalli kept as backup because both janku and antonini can play in midfield. that should leave us with 26, maybe 27 guys, a fair squad.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Milan NEVER sign GREAT players, Milan NEVER sign young players, Milan NEVER spend money, NOONE will go to Milan because we are in UEFA Cup, COWARD/ANSHITLOTTI/TRIAD MANAGEMENT have no idea about anything, waa waa waa I'm a Niff Nuff.

To all Niff Nuffs out there, egg on your faces. =)

Last edited:

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Question: Are you guys satisfied with the transfer campaign so far? What would you think if Milan signed a big name player that we don't really need (a la Xabi Alonso) in the final days?

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
MilanoMichael said:
Question: Are you guys satisfied with the transfer campaign so far? What would you think if Milan signed a big name player that we don't really need (a la Xabi Alonso) in the final days?

As my expectations for this summer's campaign weren't very high, I would say I'm very satisfied with how things went. I don't think Milan should (or will) sign a big name player we don't need. However, I would be pleasantly surprised if they buy a big name centreback in the next few days.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MilanoMichael said:
No, I still wanted Buffon, Villa, Messi, Mourinho, Diego, Totti, De Rossi and Essien.

Fail.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
i think we should only think about sending out some players at the moment, the purchases we have made have helped reinforce the areas in which demonstrated our weaknesses and it was a nice mix of experienced and young players that are both hungry to prove their worth and are not affraid to fight for places in the squad. excellent summer, probably the best one out of all the clubs, now all is left is for the players to prove they were worth the trust given to them. forza milan per sempre!

siatanhai

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,
so far the the campaign has been good, im sort of wit cristina on this as i didnt really expect top players to sign (especially when we got flamini i thought cnt be many more comin)
i then got very hopful with zambro and sheva deals as they were always lookin like completing, borrielo deal wasnt the best for me as it jus ruled out the possibility of gettin an exciting top striker like berbatov and due to co ownership it not really a proper signing
the 2 uruguayans was great as we need some gd youngsters in the squad clearly
senderos the i think was a needed signing but we cud have surely done far better than him
as for ronnie = great signing i think (and hope)
however i dnt like to be negative but i think the hardest times are still to come as couple of yrs and we will need to sign replacements/cover for dida,abbiati,kalac,nesta,maldini,zambro,oddo,gattuso,pirlo,ambro,seedorf,ronni,sheva,inzaghi - we are looking at around 7-8 new signings which we havnt prepared for