Italian Club Nicknames

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
I am wanting to find out the nicknames of as many Italian Football club's as possible, so I was wondering if you can all help me put together a list. As you can see I have got quite alot already, but most club's have more than one nickname.

P.S Not all the names have to be the polite ones, i.e. Juve being called the "old slut".

Milan = Rossoneri, Il Diavolo, Diavoli Rossi, Campioni d'Italia, Bilan or ******

Juventus = Bianconeri, La Vecchia Signora, Zebre, Gobbi, Rubentus, La Vecchia Troia, I Gobbacci, Le Seghe, La Fidanzata d'Italia

Inter = Nerazzurri, Il Biscione

Palermo = Rosanero, I Quaquaraquà

Fiorentina = La Viola

Parma = Gialloblu

Chievo = Flying Donkey's, Asini Volanti

Lazio = Biancocelesti

Treviso = Baincocelesti

Roma = Giallorossi, Magica, La Lupa

Bologna = Rossoblu

Genoa = Rossoblu, I Grifoni

Cagliari = Rossoblu

Siena = Bianconeri

Ascoli = Bianconeri

Udinese = Bianconeri, Zebrette

Lecce = Giallorossi

Messina = Giallorossi

Livorno = Amaranto

Reggina = Amaranto

Empoli = Azzurri

Napoli = Azzurri, I Partenopei

Venezia = Laguneri

Sampdoria = Blucerchiati

Torino = Il Toro

As you can see the list is quite long but by no mean's complete, please contribute if you know of any more.

Last edited:

gila#11

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka sheva gilardino pirlo
there are also ones that are translated in english =
milan-the red and black brigade
inter-tiger commandos
inter-the boys
roma-CUCS(commander ultra curva sud)
juve-the fighters
lazio-the-irriducibilli
juve also have lots more than that but thats the main one

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think those are more the names of Ultra group's that are affiliated with the club's rather than the actual club's themselves.

THE MALDINESTA

Lovin' Carin' N Nursin'
Reaction score
Fav. Players
To many to mention, just see the nickname ;)
I add one only (at the moment)
Brescia(i know, it's in serie B) nicname's Rondinelle.I like the way they call that White V(the one across the front side of the jersey) as "white woman" :)

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
Atalanta = Azzuri

rossoneroid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
gila#11 said:
there are also ones that are translated in english =
milan-the red and black brigade
inter-tiger commandos
inter-the boys
roma-CUCS(commander ultra curva sud)
juve-the fighters
lazio-the-irriducibilli
juve also have lots more than that but thats the main one
These are the hardcore supporters group of each club. And I should correct you, tiger commandos or commandos tigre is aint inter ultras but one of curva sud resident, they were in the 1st tier, meanwhile above them in the 2nd tier were Brigate Rossonere ( the red and black brigade) and Fossa Dei Leoni (The Lions Den).

Plenty italian ultras use the name "Irriducibilli" like inter, juve or lazio.

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Calgari = Sassari

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lo Tsar said:
Milan = Rossoneri, Il Diavolo, Diavoli Rossi, Campioni d'Italia, Bilan or ******

Nearly everyone on the Inter forums uses those terms for Milan...what on earth do the B's stand for?

THE MALDINESTA

Lovin' Carin' N Nursin'
Reaction score
Fav. Players
To many to mention, just see the nickname ;)
BMWTaylor said:
Nearly everyone on the Inter forums uses those terms for Milan...what on earth do the B's stand for?
Once upon a time, in fact two times, we were relegated to serie B.
In a case of corruption, and match-fixing, that what I knew.
And those, Interlousynale fans, made it big issue, as if we're forever loser what they're. :)

rossoneroid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
BMWTaylor said:
We were in serie B, and inter never. But tell them that in serie B, against unknown team like Cavese, we have 80,000 crowd. inter only have 40,000 in serie A, with the likes of Rummenigge etc.

17 > 13
6 > 2
:cool:

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
rossoneroid said:
We were in serie B, and inter never. But tell them that in serie B, against unknown team like Cavese, we have 80,000 crowd. inter only have 40,000 in serie A, with the likes of Rummenigge etc.

17 > 13
6 > 2
:cool:
I think it's also a reference to Berlusconi, and his Billions. Or atleast that's what I was told on the Inter forum. But it's kind of stupid for them to mock our spending power when they have spent more money than us in recent years.

One of them also said it means bile, like the type of sick, but i think he was pulling that out of his ass ;)

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
THE MALDINESTA said:
Once upon a time, in fact two times, we were relegated to serie B.
In a case of corruption, and match-fixing, that what I knew.
And those, Interlousynale fans, made it big issue, as if we're forever loser what they're. :)

They have a good case for it. When we were relegated to Serie B in early 80s, Inter actually loaned us some of their players, there are 3 but I only remember Aldo Serena who ended up in the WC 90 squad and if not mistaken the top scorer in 88/89 season.

However, during that time, Milan sold more season ticket than Inter. So we can say Milan fans stood by their club.

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaizka22 said:
They have a good case for it. When we were relegated to Serie B in early 80s, Inter actually loaned us some of their players, there are 3 but I only remember Aldo Serena who ended up in the WC 90 squad and if not mistaken the top scorer in 88/89 season.

However, during that time, Milan sold more season ticket than Inter. So we can say Milan fans stood by their club.
In truth neither Inter nor Juve have never been relegated :eek: :D

In the days of old, before the Serie A, each region had it's own league's known as Girone, i.e. Girone Lombardia (Inter & Milan) and Girone Piemonte (Juve and Inter). At the end of every season the best teams from each Girone played in a play off to decide who won the Girone d'Italia (National league/Serie A). It was in the Girone Piemonte that Juve were relegated, or wern't relegated as the case may be. You see they finished bottom of that Girone and should have been relegated to the lower division. But it was at the end of that season that the Serie A was created, supposedly for all the best teams of the previous Girone system. And for some strange reason Juve were included in this new Serie A despite being at the bottom of the Girone Piemonte.
A similar situation occured with Inter in the Girone Lombardia, they finshed bottom. But escaped relegation because 2 teams in the league combined, I think it was US Milanese and FC Milano to give Inter the space in the Girone.

And if you don't believe me then look at Juventuz, they told me after all ;)

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
i would like to know how would you translate these milan's nicknames into english such as rossoneri. il diavolo, diavoli rossi etc?

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
peaboss said:
i would like to know how would you translate these milan's nicknames into english such as rossoneri. il diavolo, diavoli rossi etc?
Rossoneri = Red and Blacks
Il Diavolo = The Devils
Diavoli Rossi = Red Devils (I think that is associated more with Man Utd)

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
i think that manu is one of the most press-reflected team.
i thought that it mey mean devils and so because i've seen big flags during big matches with devils.

Schedule