The Rumour Commode XXVII: Zorro's Days of Arrogance

Status
Not open for further replies.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Pastore was the crowning glory of Monchi's failure at Roma.. shouldnt touch him with a barge pole. He looked atrocious last season.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Since when does a Serie A season last only 3 months?

Suso's good 3 months > Pastore's Roma career.

The fact Suso scored 7 and had 10 assists while playing shit for half a season is insane. If the guy could actually play to his potential for longer - even without having any pace - he'd be one of the best in the league.

If you fail to believe Suso is a great player in the league even with his shortcomings and spell of invisibility then idk who you rate. Maybe Pastore?

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
And I assume Schick and Pastore have been tearing it up?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Pastore :lol: Did you not see who you quoted on that BS?

Schich will be much more useful in Giampaolo's 4312 than Suso.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Those things are hard to predict and even though I believe Bennacer is a good buy, I see valid criticism of buying from a team relegated. It’s neither here nor there, evens the highest rated youngsters have failed and some players come out of nowhere Eg. Piatek. It’s one of those things whereby you just want as little risk as possible. Nothing is a sure thing.

So people being upset that posters are not happy with the purchases is odd to me at least. Their concerns are as valid as yours. Who knows it could go the other way. If you feel they are going to succeed, good for you. I think Bennacer is going to be amazing as well, Krunic I’m on the fence about, but is there anything wrong with some cynicism as neither are proven at the level that we playing at? There is no proof of them succeeding, who knows maybe they can’t cope with the pressure, or not mentally there yet, it’s a wait and see game at the end of the day.

The reason why people are worried about Bennacer or Krunic is because they haven't watched them and they haven't been hyped. Or they forgot about how Empoli's midfield outplayed most teams (including ours) when we played them. They've been an impressive unit.

When Napoli buys Giovanni Di Lorenzo from Empoli as the replacement for Hysaj, one of the best RBs in Serie A, and one of the top players in his position in Europe, that isn't a stupid move from Napoli. If we bought Lorenzo, and let's say he was a LB, can you imagine the meltdown?

Milan has bought proven players before. To act like Bonucci and Biglia weren't proven Serie A performers--Higuain too--to me is hilarious. They all failed miserably at Milan. They were as proven players as you could buy and they failed. You can say you didn't rate Bonucci at the time, but to act like he didn't come with expectations to perform, to me, is laughable. Bonucci was considered one of the best CBs in the world, Biglia was seen as one of the best central midfielders in Serie A, and Higuain was considered to be a world-class striker. They all failed.

People focus more on what they know, who they know, and who is hyped.

If names are all that matter, then Milan has bought a lot of great names in the last few years. They've mostly failed at Milan. Hakan was supposed to be the best FK taker in the world, he's sucked at it. Ricardo Rodriguez was supposed to be the best LB in the Bundesliga. He's underwhelmed (I won't say failed, that's too far, for me). Conti got injured (so I won't shit on him), Silva sucked, Kalinic sucked, and really only Kessie has done relatively well from all our transfers recently.

My issue is not that people are upset with our transfers. It's that they're upset about players they don't know about. Everyone was pissed about Bakayoko and look at how that turned out. But people aren't talking about players that are known to us. They're talking about players they don't know about, that's my issue with their "concerns."

Like, I honestly wonder what people like in SMS. What does he do that anyone likes? What role does he even play? But he's hyped as fuck.

Remember when Lindelof was the next great defender we missed out on? He was so hyped. Look at what he's become.

If people want to continue to pretend that Bonucci, Biglia, and Higuain weren't supposed to be sure things, okay, fine, but looking at how badly they've failed, I'm at the point where I don't really have expectations anymore, particularly for players that I haven't watched.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan does not resign from Luka Modrić's transfer. Rossoneri want to talk about Croat after the Real Madrid's tour. Then Milan will evaluate Modrić's transfer option.

[Sky] via MilanEye

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Pastore Did you not see who you quoted on that BS?

Schich will be much more useful in Giampaolo's 4312 than Suso.
Yes I did

Schick has been fuckin garbage.

Dude has had half a good season in Serie A but somehow hes gonna come through just because he played well under our coach once.

How do you know that Suso may not do the same?

I am not opposed to selling Suso. But I want a clear upgrade as his replacement. Not fuckin maybes

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
no thx to modric AFTER the icc.

can't get the entire team to start jiving together and then add someone that the entire team has to work around.

i dont like that

Yes, let’s not sign the best midfielder in the world because Hakan and Bonaventura are starting to gel....God forbid we ruin that

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo
Milan does not resign from Luka Modrić's transfer. Rossoneri want to talk about Croat after the Real Madrid's tour. Then Milan will evaluate Modrić's transfer option.

[Sky] via MilanEye

How can we afford Modric? He makes 12m per year alone :fp:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Who’s better schick or dolberg

Lord7God

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Galfano , Coliuto , Zappa , DiSinone , Pabi , Passaro , Zanga
From my understanding, the repaired right knee, is the issue. The procedure that was performed, basically accelerates wear and tear a lot quicker than other techniques used to fixed ACL's. The surgery he had , allows for quicker recovery, but it also increases the chances of needing another surgery later on down he line. When Liverpool did the medical, it showed that the cartilage is basically a ticking timebomb, and it could go at anytime.

Read this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/9dv09l/oc_why_nabil_fekirs_right_knee_scared_liverpool/

Actual quality in-depth medical/sporting injury analysis into why Fekir's knee is a big turn-off for top clubs. It's a real shame for him in the long run but nobody would risk paying big to rely on him for multiple years. That is why he's at Betis for a relatively low fee for a player of his quality. Yes, it could be that nothing happens but chances aren't on his side.

Makes sense in fairness.
I just cant help but think with our current lack of a true CAM or SS would 22m of been worth the gamble.We cant pay the insane fees needed nowadays and when on form he is great.Then again he could go down on game one and miss the season and be picking up a hefty wage.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The reason why people are worried about Bennacer or Krunic is because they haven't watched them and they haven't been hyped. Or they forgot about how Empoli's midfield outplayed most teams (including ours) when we played them. They've been an impressive unit.

When Napoli buys Giovanni Di Lorenzo from Empoli as the replacement for Hysaj, one of the best RBs in Serie A, and one of the top players in his position in Europe, that isn't a stupid move from Napoli. If we bought Lorenzo, and let's say he was a LB, can you imagine the meltdown?

Milan has bought proven players before. To act like Bonucci and Biglia weren't proven Serie A performers--Higuain too--to me is hilarious. They all failed miserably at Milan. They were as proven players as you could buy and they failed. You can say you didn't rate Bonucci at the time, but to act like he didn't come with expectations to perform, to me, is laughable. Bonucci was considered one of the best CBs in the world, Biglia was seen as one of the best central midfielders in Serie A, and Higuain was considered to be a world-class striker. They all failed.

People focus more on what they know, who they know, and who is hyped.

If names are all that matter, then Milan has bought a lot of great names in the last few years. They've mostly failed at Milan. Hakan was supposed to be the best FK taker in the world, he's sucked at it. Ricardo Rodriguez was supposed to be the best LB in the Bundesliga. He's underwhelmed (I won't say failed, that's too far, for me). Conti got injured (so I won't shit on him), Silva sucked, Kalinic sucked, and really only Kessie has done relatively well from all our transfers recently.

My issue is not that people are upset with our transfers. It's that they're upset about players they don't know about. Everyone was pissed about Bakayoko and look at how that turned out. But people aren't talking about players that are known to us. They're talking about players they don't know about, that's my issue with their "concerns."

Like, I honestly wonder what people like in SMS. What does he do that anyone likes? What role does he even play? But he's hyped as fuck.

Remember when Lindelof was the next great defender we missed out on? He was so hyped. Look at what he's become.

If people want to continue to pretend that Bonucci, Biglia, and Higuain weren't supposed to be sure things, okay, fine, but looking at how badly they've failed, I'm at the point where I don't really have expectations anymore, particularly for players that I haven't watched.

Another good one Samaldinho :thumbsup::star:
True, hype sells everyone, even at forums :D

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo
Jack is so average ffs

Players like him represent average Milan pls don't renew

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't take MR's football takes too seriously

He wanted to play Modric at regista

Also last summer he thought a Fellaini - Baka - Kessie midfield would work

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Say wot u want... Gattuso's Milan fell by the wayside after Bona's injury.

:fp: Bonaventura played in 8 Serie A matches last season

Hint: He had been out of the squad for months when Gattuso's Milan had its best run of form.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How can we afford Modric? He makes 12m per year alone :fp:

If Milan are in any real negotiation for Modric at this point then I'm sure they knew going in how much he currently makes and what would be needed to sign him. I'm sure they aren't waiting until after Real gets back from the US to start talking. It's either ongoing or there is nothing at all.

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Will there be a stream for the Novara friendly? Its behind closed doors

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
MR doesnt know calcio a lot but hes a good guy andvtrue rossonero

Status
Not open for further replies.