Lucas Paquetá Thread

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
jawz10 said:
I don't see anything Jack does that Paqueta can't other than late runs and parlare italiano.

Passing, Creating Chances, Ball Retention, Pressing
Jack<Paqueta

Goal scoring
Jack>Paqueta

I don't post a lot so I find it necessary to say:
I told you so.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
Gattuso needs to put him to play behind 2 strikers.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
He’s fine where he plays. It’s the perfect position for him. He needs to see plenty of the ball, and side midfield is just right.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
what happens when bona comes back. I would like to see bona at LW and paq behind him.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Bona over hakan for LW no doubt, but hopefully we’ll have bought a great winger by then

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
what happens when bona comes back. I would like to see bona at LW and paq behind him.

Trying to find a spot for Bonaventura is a poor mentality for a team with high ambition. Jack needs to fight for his place, Paqueta is definitely a better midfielder than he is and hopefully we sign a player who is clearly a better winger. If he still plays after that, its because he earned it.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Bona is obviously Paqueta’s backup. It’s just the right level of players as starter and backup for Milan 2019/20.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Bona is obviously Paqueta’s backup. It’s just the right level of players as starter and backup for Milan 2019/20.

why? bona is a good player though. bona can replace hakan clearly.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bonaventura is a midfielder who has an excellent understanding of space and timing of runs. He's not as technically good or even as defensively good a hustler as Paqueta. But he can be a great backup (not to mention a loyal club man).

He can be a backup to the left wing forward too, but I'd imagine we'll sign another left wing forward in the summer to replace or backup Hakan. Bona is definitely not a starting left wing forward.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
yea agreed. that's what I meant anyway. bona is a better player than hakan as LW. he will be a good back up next season provided we get a quality LW.

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
yea agreed. that's what I meant anyway. bona is a better player than hakan as LW. he will be a good back next season provided we get a quality LW.

No, he's not a better player than Hakan at LW. He doesn't have a lot of the skillset needed to perform that role.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
impressed. This guy is unpredictable. sometimes he is just unstoppable when he is in form. On other occasions he is laughably poor. Hopefully he sustains this form.

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
I want to see him closer to goal but I bet Rino knows what he is doing.

kriegpaolo_23

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Ambrosini, Nesta, T.Silva
No, he's not a better player than Hakan at LW. He doesn't have a lot of the skillset needed to perform that role.

What skillset does Hakan have for a LW role that Bona doesn't?

Please note, skillset that one supposedly has but rarely shows shouldn't be counted as a skillset.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Please note, skillset that one supposedly has but rarely shows shouldn't be counted as a skillset.

Passing skillset? Jack is more of a goal threat but he holds the ball too long, way longer than Hakan or Suso.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
"Paqueta has solved the problem of transitions with his technical skill" - Maldini.

Can't put it better than that.

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Imagine him next season with Bonaventura.

So much video highlights between them tricks, no need a goal :star:

nanook

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
t1n7WDT.gif

Too bad they didn't show them from different angle...

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

hakan is direct player while bona is a ball to feet kind of player.
bona is not going to do well in game with open spaces. when in tight situations in midfield, he used to be good with his dribbling but now he seems to have lost that.
hakan has better vision and his passing is quick.
near the box, i will never trust bona to do the right thing.
inside the box however bona has grown a lot last three seasons.
hakan is clearly superior in defensive phase. his slide tackles are amazing.