Strange But True!!!

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Here is a true story about the goalie from PSG. Who says goalkeepers are normal people?!!! :D

Lionel Letizi just wanted to play a friendly game of Scrabble. Instead, the Paris Saint-Germain goalkeeper apparently won't be playing anything for a while. According to a report in the Bloomberg News, Letizi missed his team's 1-0 loss to Rennes on Sunday after injuring himself over a round of the board game. He hurt muscles in his back while trying to pick up one of the game's letter tiles off of the floor. The team did not reveal the letter on the tile. It's just the latest in a string of bizarre injuries among international goalkeepers:

Spain's Santiago Canizares missed this year's World Cup after dropping a bottle of aftershave on his foot and damaging a tendon.

Arsenal goalkeeper David Seaman hurt himself while he reached for his TV remote control and needed surgery.

Wigan's Dave Beasant missed matches after dropping a jar of mayonnaise on his toe.

Liverpool keeper Michael Stensgaard dislocated his shoulder in 1995, trying to catch an ironing board that had slipped from his grasp.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Talking about bad luck, here's a player that had plenty of... His name is Florentin Petre, he's a right midfielder and plays for Dinamo Bucharest. He was in Romania's squad for Euro 2000. After Euro 2000, he turned back home and at a medical check the doctors discovered he has hepatitis [spelling?!] so he's out for about one year. In the summer of 2001 he returns and he decides to go fishing in the Danube Delta. Guess what? The guy got electrocuted while fishing. :D Real bad! :D And finally, he returned in May this year.

vLaDuT

Beginner
Reaction score
Well some times you could say that bad luck is always with you, check this out: Last year I decided to go check my ankle( I twisted it), when I was going up the stairs to the X-ray machine, the doctor that was going to have my leg X-rayed came down fast on the stairs pushed me and so I had to put my ankle in plaster(that's how it's said,no?)

P.S. F.Petre got electrocuted by touching a high voltage wire with his fishing rod.

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Since most of you don't watch American football last year there was a line official on the sidelines who got tackled last year when a couple of players were running out of bounds. Well the official ended up getting knocked completely out and taken to the hospital. When they were checking on the severity of the concussion they found that he had brain cancer and as it turn out the hit that set him to the hospital actually saved his life because they found the cancer early enuff. Sometimes seamingly bad thing happen for a good reason.

I wish I had a picture of it. The ref took a hell of a hit. If I remember correctly he got hit by Tony Gonzales who is 6foot-4inches & 240 pounds + a defensive back who was proably 6 foot 200 pound as well. Now when you're a 50 years old official who weights about 180 pounds and you get crushed by 450 pound of muscle at full speed, there had better be an upside to it. This is as close of a picture as I could get, but it was way worse then this:

smith_preview_120401.jpg

Untitled

Primavera
Reaction score
ads216 said:
Here is a true story about the goalie from PSG. Who says goalkeepers are normal people?!!! :D

Lionel Letizi just wanted to play a friendly game of Scrabble. Instead, the Paris Saint-Germain goalkeeper apparently won't be playing anything for a while. According to a report in the Bloomberg News, Letizi missed his team's 1-0 loss to Rennes on Sunday after injuring himself over a round of the board game. He hurt muscles in his back while trying to pick up one of the game's letter tiles off of the floor. The team did not reveal the letter on the tile. It's just the latest in a string of bizarre injuries among international goalkeepers:

Spain's Santiago Canizares missed this year's World Cup after dropping a bottle of aftershave on his foot and damaging a tendon.

Arsenal goalkeeper David Seaman hurt himself while he reached for his TV remote control and needed surgery.

Wigan's Dave Beasant missed matches after dropping a jar of mayonnaise on his toe.

Liverpool keeper Michael Stensgaard dislocated his shoulder in 1995, trying to catch an ironing board that had slipped from his grasp.

good to know that i'm not the only uncoordinated goalkeeper going around :D

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Soccer Player Traded for Shrimp. Both teams said they got a good catch when striker Kenneth Kristensen switched soccer teams in Norway for about 170 pounds of fresh shrimp.

Now I've heard just about everything. To get some idea of what he was worth, I guess you'd have to know the going price of fresh shrimp, but then that depends on the size of them also. Confusing, actually, the guy traded could end up feeling either good or bad about the whole deal.

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tuesday, January 28, 2003
Nunes' pig imitation turns expensive
Reuters
RIO DE JANEIRO -- A Brazilian player has been fined the equivalent of over $5,000 for a goal celebration in which he imitated a pig.

Santo Andre striker Nunes got down on all fours and pulled pig-like faces in front of rival Palmeiras fans, who have adopted the animal as their unofficial symbol, after scoring a late equalizer in the final of the Sao Paulo Juniors' Cup at the weekend.

Shortly afterwards, furious Palmeiras supporters broke down fencing, invaded the pitch and fought with police after seeing their team beaten in a penalty shootout following the 2-2 draw.

"The fine was not for the celebration in itself but for an action which provoked the supporters," said Carlos Lima, spokesman for the Paulista Football Federation (FPF) that organises the annual tournament between the youth teams of Brazil's leading clubs.

"The Palmeiras supporters were already angry at seeing their team throw the game away and then had a player offending them."

Lima said Nunes was fined Real 20,000 ($5,491), a fortune for a teenage apprentice player, but the club are expected to foot the bill.

rony31

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Seamus said:
Since most of you don't watch American football last year there was a line official on the sidelines who got tackled last year when a couple of players were running out of bounds. Well the official ended up getting knocked completely out and taken to the hospital. When they were checking on the severity of the concussion they found that he had brain cancer and as it turn out the hit that set him to the hospital actually saved his life because they found the cancer early enuff. Sometimes seamingly bad thing happen for a good reason.

I wish I had a picture of it. The ref took a hell of a hit. If I remember correctly he got hit by Tony Gonzales who is 6foot-4inches & 240 pounds + a defensive back who was proably 6 foot 200 pound as well. Now when you're a 50 years old official who weights about 180 pounds and you get crushed by 450 pound of muscle at full speed, there had better be an upside to it. This is as close of a picture as I could get, but it was way worse then this:

smith_preview_120401.jpg

ya i saw that on You Gotta See This... lucky ref :tongue:

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Seamus said:
Tuesday, January 28, 2003
Nunes' pig imitation turns expensive
Reuters
RIO DE JANEIRO -- A Brazilian player has been fined the equivalent of over $5,000 for a goal celebration in which he imitated a pig.

Santo Andre striker Nunes got down on all fours and pulled pig-like faces in front of rival Palmeiras fans, who have adopted the animal as their unofficial symbol, after scoring a late equalizer in the final of the Sao Paulo Juniors' Cup at the weekend.

Shortly afterwards, furious Palmeiras supporters broke down fencing, invaded the pitch and fought with police after seeing their team beaten in a penalty shootout following the 2-2 draw.

"The fine was not for the celebration in itself but for an action which provoked the supporters," said Carlos Lima, spokesman for the Paulista Football Federation (FPF) that organises the annual tournament between the youth teams of Brazil's leading clubs.

"The Palmeiras supporters were already angry at seeing their team throw the game away and then had a player offending them."

Lima said Nunes was fined Real 20,000 ($5,491), a fortune for a teenage apprentice player, but the club are expected to foot the bill.

Ehehehe crazy stuff......i can't belive what is going on in this world

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Didn't Rio Ferdinand get injured while watching TV? He got up and he strained a muscle, something like that...

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well this isn't that strange, but it made me laugh. From our good friend at soccerage.com:

Furious Ferguson Injured Beckham In Act Of Rage
England captain David Beckham needed stitches in a head wound after Sir Alex Ferguson kicked a football boot across the dressing room after Manchester United's FA Cup exit.

The fiery Scotsman was furious with the 2-0 defeat at home to Arsenal on Saturday and reports that Beckham consequently suffered injury have not been denied by the club.

Newspaper claims say that Beckham needed two stitches after Ferguson kicked a boot across the dressing room and it struck the star midfielder in the face.

The duo have fallen out in the past, but it is not suggested this bizarre incident was anything more than an accident.

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
hehe i know i saw that on tv:D :D

Btw you know what?
I've heard that Beckham probably is leaving Manchester so he might come here in Milan.....i don't know if it is true but i read it.
Anyway i don't want him here.

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If he leave Man. U. I seriously doubt he will go outside England

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If he leave Man. U. I seriously doubt he will go outside England

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Seamus said:
Well this isn't that strange, but it made me laugh. From our good friend at soccerage.com:

Furious Ferguson Injured Beckham In Act Of Rage
England captain David Beckham needed stitches in a head wound after Sir Alex Ferguson kicked a football boot across the dressing room after Manchester United's FA Cup exit.

The fiery Scotsman was furious with the 2-0 defeat at home to Arsenal on Saturday and reports that Beckham consequently suffered injury have not been denied by the club.

Newspaper claims say that Beckham needed two stitches after Ferguson kicked a boot across the dressing room and it struck the star midfielder in the face.

The duo have fallen out in the past, but it is not suggested this bizarre incident was anything more than an accident.
They even put the stiches on his face at the Wax Museum in Hong Kong... He kinda looks like those *puppets* in that show where they were on a spaceship... I tottally forgot the name...

BECKAM.jpg

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Speaking of lunatics between the goal posts, did anybody see the game Borussia Dortmund-Schalke 04 last weekend? Our old friend Jens Lehmann who wasn't happy with the defense of his own team mates, went and smacked Marcio Amoroso and started a shoving match. Then referee gave Lehmann a yellow card and he was later ejected!!!

Who says goalkeepers are normal people. Even their own teammates are not safe!!! :D :D :D

Schedule