Week 28: Milan - Inter 17/03/2018 20:30 CET

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It will be decided based on the referee's report, not confirmed yet.

Do we even know what happened? Seemed like it involved Meggiorini but it wasn't clear when watching the game.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
I think arguing about rough treatment of Paqueta and lack of yellow cards.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Just win this game i dont care how ffs. Piatek massacre hopefully.

Whats your preferred line-ups?

punisher

God Bless Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Just win this game i dont care how ffs. Piatek massacre hopefully.

Whats your preferred line-ups?

the same as always ( RR, Calabria, Hakan back in starting 11)

The only difficult choice is whether to field Biglia or Kessie (imo Baka will surely play). Kessie look exhausted.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
You will see them and you will like them

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
You will see them and you will like them

2rjj6w.jpg

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
When was the last time we conceded two goals in a match ? :monto:

obviously the derby is a different kind of animal when it comes to form but i just cant see us losing that one .. win or draw minimum for mister and the boys

i wont accept a loss vs this poor spalletti inter , very very poor side

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
When was the last time we conceded two goals in a match ? :monto:

obviously the derby is a different kind of animal when it comes to form but i just cant see us losing that one .. win or draw minimum for mister and the boys

i wont accept a loss vs this poor spalletti inter , very very poor side

Olympiacos 3-1 Milan in Europe League 13 december.

In Serie A? Against Juve at home 11 november. We´ve only conceded 2 goals (or 3 by Napoli) against 4 teams this season in Serie A: Napoli in august, Atalanta in september, Sampdoria in october and Juve in november.

Yep, it´d really be pathetic to lose against this Inter side. Especially since they also have so many players out. The only thing I fear from this game is the referee :lol:

voom

Banned
Reaction score
Suso had some great games vs Inter,but i would like if Gatusso leave him on the bench this time.Samu is in better form,and work alot more for the team.Im expecting great game from Baka, Hakan, Pjona and Calabria and Donna.Biglia had vintage performance against Chievo,and coming from the bench he could be useful.This is a must win,will give us breathing space.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I am really nervous for this match

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Suso had some great games vs Inter,but i would like if Gatusso leave him on the bench this time.Samu is in better form,and work alot more for the team.Im expecting great game from Baka, Hakan, Pjona and Calabria and Donna.Biglia had vintage performance against Chievo,and coming from the bench he could be useful.This is a must win,will give us breathing space.

suso or samu .. both are quality tbh

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
finally we have have someone super physical upfront who ll battle it out vs physical inter CBs .. we ve recently struggled in that department

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Brozovic and Miranda both in doubt for the game after getting injured against SPAL.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Brozovic and Miranda both in doubt for the game after getting injured against SPAL.

I don't think Miranda was going to start anyway, but if Brozovic misses the game that's a big blow for them. Especially if Nainggolan misses also. Their midfield would be Vecino, Gagliardini and Joao Mario most likely with only Borja Valero as a sub. Or am I missing someone?

Perisic is back and he's by far their most threatening player. Will probably be Politano on the other side with Lautaro up front.

Not sure who their fullbacks will be but definitely Skriniar and De Vrij at the back.

Seems like an ok 11, but we should be favorites all things considered. We have major issues going forward but we have Piatek, and watching Inter the past few weeks they have been just as bad. The difference is that we have a much better defensive organization. I wouldn't mind a game where we cede possession and hit them on the break. They will not break us down especially without Icardi.

Based on how other top teams have challenged us their gameplan will be to rush Bakayoko during transitions and counterpress him specifically with more than one player, preferably two or more coming in different directions. I really hope Gattuso has been working on this with Bakayoko. He needs to sense when this is about to happen and just pass back without turning into trouble. Other than this i'm not worried about much. We have a great option of finding space behind their midfield duo during breaks, with Paqueta especially and also Kessie taking advantage. Hope we don't decide to play the usual gameplan of playing the ball wide and then aiming a cross into Piatek or into the far post. Won't work with Skriniar and De Vrij back there although Suso usually has a good day against Asamoah. Maybe a trademark Suso shot is a good option? Joao Mario and Perisic don't track back as much and their midfield will be busy with Kessie and Paqueta so Suso will have lots of room.

My guess is a narrow win and Suso with the goal, or maybe Piatek off a rebound from a Suso shot.

Also, the fact that Inter will be playing midweek without midfielders is going to be huge. I doubt they're going to rotate much. Lautaro won't play for suspension (I think) and most likely they'll play Borja Valero, but at least two midfielders will play both games. They'll have to play Keita up front so most likely Perisic also starts? I don't know. Either they fold in the Europa League and play a fully rotated side or they risk playing some starters like Perisic and have them exhausted for the derby. Imagine if they play extra time too...

Last edited:

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just get some useful balls to piatek, and kessie for the love of god stop shooting. Pass the damn ball.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
I don't think Miranda was going to start anyway, but if Brozovic misses the game that's a big blow for them. Especially if Nainggolan misses also. Their midfield would be Vecino, Gagliardini and Joao Mario most likely with only Borja Valero as a sub. Or am I missing someone?

Perisic is back and he's by far their most threatening player. Will probably be Politano on the other side with Lautaro up front.

Not sure who their fullbacks will be but definitely Skriniar and De Vrij at the back.

Seems like an ok 11, but we should be favorites all things considered. We have major issues going forward but we have Piatek, and watching Inter the past few weeks they have been just as bad. The difference is that we have a much better defensive organization. I wouldn't mind a game where we cede possession and hit them on the break. They will not break us down especially without Icardi.

Based on how other top teams have challenged us their gameplan will be to rush Bakayoko during transitions and counterpress him specifically with more than one player, preferably two or more coming in different directions. I really hope Gattuso has been working on this with Bakayoko. He needs to sense when this is about to happen and just pass back without turning into trouble. Other than this i'm not worried about much. We have a great option of finding space behind their midfield duo during breaks, with Paqueta especially and also Kessie taking advantage. Hope we don't decide to play the usual gameplan of playing the ball wide and then aiming a cross into Piatek or into the far post. Won't work with Skriniar and De Vrij back there although Suso usually has a good day against Asamoah. Maybe a trademark Suso shot is a good option? Joao Mario and Perisic don't track back as much and their midfield will be busy with Kessie and Paqueta so Suso will have lots of room.

My guess is a narrow win and Suso with the goal, or maybe Piatek off a rebound from a Suso shot.

Also, the fact that Inter will be playing midweek without midfielders is going to be huge. I doubt they're going to rotate much. Lautaro won't play for suspension (I think) and most likely they'll play Borja Valero, but at least two midfielders will play both games. They'll have to play Keita up front so most likely Perisic also starts? I don't know. Either they fold in the Europa League and play a fully rotated side or they risk playing some starters like Perisic and have them exhausted for the derby. Imagine if they play extra time too...

this was one of your best posts. great job

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Yes, great post brk.

They'll have to put out a pretty string team in the Europa League. Not an easy game, plus they have no choice but to use Lautaro, and don't have that many available options in midfield. We should be able to dominate the midfield, especially as the game goes on.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Lautaro is suspended for Eintracht, so he'll be rested and ready for us.

I can't get over the worry that the in-form team always loses the derby. I hope Gattuso's press conference, team talk etc is all about how this match is NOT decisive. We need to play this with a light heart, knowing we'd still end the week 4th even if we lose.

Calhanoglu and Paqueta against their right side will generate our best opportunities.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lautaro is suspended for Eintracht, so he'll be rested and ready for us.

I can't get over the worry that the in-form team always loses the derby. I hope Gattuso's press conference, team talk etc is all about how this match is NOT decisive. We need to play this with a light heart, knowing we'd still end the week 4th even if we lose.

Calhanoglu and Paqueta against their right side will generate our best opportunities.

Great point. Pressure is on Inter and we need to make sure the players know this. A loss isn’t the end of the world

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope Eintracht fatigues then to the max.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
sub in lucas b if we win a free kick near the box :tongue:

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
it will be interesting to watch and i dont care about inter problems, el, etc.
last time against them we looked terrible, we played exactly how inter would expect and like to face. players behind the ball, focused on defending, slow passing from behind without any speed in anything.
we are just perfect team to press us high and use speed against us.
Our games didnt really change, we do same things always...

but now we won games against teams like napoli, atalanta so lets see.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
i want the bragging rights for the whole international break so please WIN

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
The team will return to training at Milanello at 10:30 CET on Tuesday following two days of rest after the Chievo fixture. On Wednesday and Thursday, morning sessions starting at 11:30 CET are in store for the Rossoneri. AC Milan will do video analysis on Friday before taking to the training pitch to complete their penultimate session.

I hope we take advantage of the rest.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score

:thumbsup:

This is a top-class analysis. Do you write this only for the big matches?

Schedule