Stats from the game
c78b4d599d0276be5216b92d85f1d5a0.jpg
6946b1a7365920a09b0c299e03598a9f.jpg
2c2ef96579e8837ef83658196d1b7154.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Meriano

Primavera
Reaction score
It was not a brilliant match but those are maybe the most precious 3 points we could get this season and they may as well prove decisive in the end. And on a more general point, it's really impressive how the team is on a path of growth and development. One still don't feel like this team is on a ceiling... There's a lot that can get better with hard work here, both from the team as a whole and specially from players getting better.[/QUOTE

Hi, yes it WAS a precious 3 points, but unfortunately we lack of technic in the front of attack, we still don't have such player those can make use full drribling then deliver an accurate passes or assist. Also I think we can't keep up with just 2 midfielder, 3 would be better, we have seen Bennacer struggling in defensive field.

Sorry for being negative., but don't forget INTER p'ayed with just 1 true defender DEVRIJ, both Dambrosio & Kolarov are defender back, The 2 goals come from them.

That's my opionion, what do you think?

Last edited:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It was not a brilliant match but those are maybe the most precious 3 points we could get this season and they may as well prove decisive in the end. And on a more general point, it's really impressive how the team is on a path of growth and development. One still don't feel like this team is on a ceiling... There's a lot that can get better with hard work here, both from the team as a whole and specially from players getting better.[/QUOTE

Hi, yes it WA s a precious 3 points, but unfortunately we lack of technic in the front of attack, we still don't have such player those can make use full drribling then deliver an accurate passes or assist. Also I think we can't keep up with just 2 midfielder, 3 would be better, we have seen Bennacer struggling in defensive field.

Sorry for being negative., but don't forget INTER p'ayed with just 1 true defender DEVRIJ, both Dambrosio & Kolarov are defender back, The 2 goals comme from them.

That's my opionion, what do you think?

Skriniar was already dropped earlier in the season. D'Ambrosio is usually a starter for them also. I think they only missed Bastoni in defense but the bigger problem for them was the lack of depth options. They only really had a depressed Eriksen and an unfit Sanchez yesterday. Against Fiorentina they subbed on Hakimi, Vidal, Nainggolan and Sanchez and won the game because of it.

We played a very risky attacking strategy against them for about an hour and we pulled it off. Inter is arguably the best squad in Serie A and we beat them fairly in a tense game that we usually would have collapsed had it been the banter Milan. They put us under a lot of pressure at the end.

As for missing players up front that could change the game, I think you're wrong. We were missing Rebic who was our best attacker last year, and we also have Brahim and Hauge who we didn't see much of yet and could be very good.

Why on earth do you want to change the midfield? We have the best midfield in Serie A right now, with Bennacer-Kessie and Hakan ahead of them. It's perfect. They struggled yesterday because we were unbalanced (on purpose).

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Inter's whole tactics depend on lukaku. Injury to lukaku, a physical defender or simply closing passing lanes towards him would fuck up their entire plan.

Well, maybe, but they have a lot of ways to reach him. You're right though that any injury to Lukaku and they're fucked. They don't have a replacement.

Sounds very similar to us and Ibra though...

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
Hopefully Roma is better for the run. If Roma and Kajer can click to me I think we have the best back 4/5 in the league

Add to that the best mid two and hakan who is the best no 10 now. I think it's getting to the point where you can say he is world class which is crazy.

Rebic is a very good lw and saele is our project who will be a star. Ibra up top is what it is . There is no way to describe him . At his age phenomenon. If he comes back to win the cl with ups idk where would that put him as an all time great.

Add to all the above the depth we have it's impressive. Imo we are lite a CDM . Not sure pioli isn't going to trust Krunic or if he feels that maybe he isn't ready to fully play there.

I'm rambling but man we have a good team with the potential to greatness. Gonna be so much fun over the next 5 years if we keep it together.

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,
That's true, you were harsher on Samu than Pioli.
It was Chiko who called him an idiot. Then there's mrki and a few others who embarrass themselves in every match-thread, calling our beloved Padre an idiot, fraud, merda rtard for things he supposedly got wrong, which is rarely even the case, when their own suggestions are downright moronic.

I feel you were harsh on Samu for the reasons I already specified.
Sure, he was unwatchable in previous games and is far away from starting material at the moment, but tonight he was a good defensive impact sub. He didn't abandon Calabria or ignore the team's defensive structure the way Saelemaekers was doing all first half. That's one of the reasons the last 20 minutes ended up not as eventful as Inter had hoped it would be.

Diaz would've been an unnecessary risk as Saele replacement while 2-1 up in a derby. Samu was the only mature winger he had on the bench.

Agreed a lot of people don't seem to understand how to manage a game. Samu hasn't been great lately but he's experienced and more than capable of rising to this occasion. Anyone who is criticsing him should know he was brought on for fresh legs not to be an attack outlet.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
God damn that table looks good :D

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Lukaku is completely unplayable physically. I think Ale lost every single body duel vs him.

But Lukaku lost tonite!!!!

No he is not, Romagnioli is simply just OVERRATED. Whenever Kessie tracked him down, he showed how you stand on your feet and don't foolishly make ghost tackles like Roma was trying to do.

Lukaku is not a world class striker, he just happend to face Romagnioli yet again who is a shite defender and the weakest link we have at the back.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score

0:37.

I think someone pointed it out yesterday, but Ibra winning yesterday's penalty was almost identical to how he won a penalty in the Derby in 2010.

0:23.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
0:37.

I think someone pointed it out yesterday, but Ibra winning yesterday's penalty was almost identical to how he won a penalty in the Derby in 2010.

I also had same deja vu feeling yesterday. It's been a decade already. Fuck i'm getting old faster and faster :fp:

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
No he is not, Romagnioli is simply just OVERRATED. Whenever Kessie tracked him down, he showed how you stand on your feet and don't foolishly make ghost tackles like Roma was trying to do.

Lukaku is not a world class striker, he just happend to face Romagnioli yet again who is a shite defender and the weakest link we have at the back.

i said it once
romaG in current milan is 3rd worst player in starting 11
after samu and calabria (and calab looks okeish this season)
funny is romaG is our captain :lol:

but lets not complain after the game we won against team that made us usually more shaky than anyone else.
and romaG first game since long time...

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am totally against the renewal of his contract.

A couple of years ago there was talk of him and skriniar being bright prospects. Now there's a competition to the bottom between them on who can be more tripe each week.

I saw the game again and focused on what Lukaku and roma were doing off the ball. It was basically this :

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am totally against the renewal of his contract.

A couple of years ago there was talk of him and skriniar being bright prospects. Now there's a competition to the bottom between them on who can be more tripe each week.

I saw the game again and focused on what Lukaku and roma were doing off the ball. It was basically this :

It was starting to get a little sad I have to admit. Usually it?s the defender that bullies the attacker.

To be fair it was his first game after a long layoff, against Lukaku and without protection. Even Pioli said they took a calculated risk with the 2v2 at the back.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

are you comparing kessie physique to romagnioli? you could have a case if bennacer did that to lukaku. even theo who is stronger than romagnoli struggled against him.

imagine the hatred romagnoli would receive if he attempted the dumb tackle like koulibaly did during atalanta goal.

Last edited:

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i said it once
romaG in current milan is 3rd worst player in starting 11
after samu and calabria (and calab looks okeish this season)
funny is romaG is our captain :lol:

but lets not complain after the game we won against team that made us usually more shaky than anyone else.
and romaG first game since long time...

this season, calabria have been easily better than salamakers, theo, leao and even bennacer.

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
He needs to change his angle sometimes tho. I knew he was going for left-down and I also knew the goalkeeper knew

He used to hit them much better before his injury, 90% of the time he would hit them on the low left, but he always hit them with such power and accuracy (almost always on the side net) it didn't really matter if the goalie went towards the right direction, by the time they were stretched out, the ball was already in goal

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
this season, calabria have been easily better than salamakers, theo, leao and even bennacer.

:thumbsup: Everyone (myself included) wanted an upgrade at that position.

Now I dont even worry - So many of our current starters give me confidence and Calabria is one of them

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
It looks like Leao can be another outlet for that long ball from the back. I have seen it a couple times in various games.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Man its been a horrible year. But to end it with a derby win has left me buzzing for the last 24 hours.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Man its been a horrible year. But to end it with a derby win has left me buzzing for the last 24 hours.

How are Sarri and Pep doing?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leao on the left would be perfect for me. I think the space we can exploit is behind Hakimi and running at D'Ambrosio. Leao can do this best out of all the options at LW.

Ibra is smart enough to know how to move around and leave space for Leao and Saelemaekers to exploit, D'Ambrosio and Kolarov will have a hard time knowing when to keep close to Ibra and when not to. I think they'll overcommit most of the time and leave space wide, space that Hakimi and Perisic won't protect.

I'm feeling cautiously optimistic.

Heh, our second goal was exactly these two combined.

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Good stuff Serie A �� Illest derby in the world

(also has another angle on Krunic chance that someone was asking)

Last edited:

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
fdu3I5B.jpeg

edited ... as I seppukku my last wish is that you'd fix the quoted part as well :fp:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Done

Damn...Krunic's finish was even worse than it seemed from the other angle.

Schedule