The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2021, 16:37   #621
Pingu
Revolution
 
Pingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsonoqui View Post
This could be the biggest result of the season. I was shitting bricks before the game given our injuries.

Forza Milan!
I was already settled to drop points and thought a draw would be kind given our attacking lineup. More-so after creating nothing against Udinese and knowing Verona have been taking good results from the top teams. Alas, glad to be proven wrong by the B team.


Signature
Arctic Stream Emperor
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 16:43   #622
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon
 
Goodfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo88 View Post
Huh? For 70 minutes it's been one of the best performances of the season. Looking at our past few games there's actually nothing that makes me hope for a fast return of Rebic and Calhanoglu?
Rebic?
He's the only one that I really missed out of the absentees. This is the type of game that suits him as CF.

What I really didn't miss was Theo gambling and creating holes in our defense.

Ibra would've taken Krunic's FK, only to start a counter for Verona by hitting the wall as usual. His presence would've moved Leao to LW, where he's a huge liability.

Verona delivered a Spezia-esque performance. But this time we had players that could match their intensity and physicality. We had midfielders that dominated in the air - Meite and Kessie won 12 aerial duels combined. Samu and Saele ran their asses off. Dalot didn't try stupid shit like the one Theo pulled that lead to Spezia's 1st goal.
Tomori intercepted balls that Kjaer didn't have the legs for.


Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 16:55   #623
Alo88
AC Milan Icon
 
Alo88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Switzerland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
Rebic?
He's the only one that I really missed out of the absentees. This is the type of game that suits him as CF.

What I really didn't miss was Theo gambling and creating holes in our defense.

Ibra would've taken Krunic's FK, only to start a counter for Verona by hitting the wall as usual. His presence would've moved Leao to LW, where he's a huge liability.

Verona delivered a Spezia-esque performance. But this time we had players that could match their intensity and physicality. We had midfielders that dominated in the air - Meite and Kessie won 12 aerial duels combined. Samu and Saele ran their asses off. Dalot didn't try stupid shit like the one Theo pulled that lead to Spezia's 1st goal.
Tomori intercepted balls that Kjaer didn't have the legs for.
As CF I'd say this was the perfect game for Leao.

Rebic lately has been off and on. If you ask me if I prefer Rebic over Leao on the wings I say every day of the week yes.

But today I would have thought that Leao will finally find an opponent defending loose and high and allowing him plenty of spaces to attack. In that regard he really amazed to prove me wrong. I've been too optimistic. Rebic probably would actually have done better but I can't say I would have expected that.
Alo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 17:01   #624
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon
 
Goodfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo88 View Post
As CF I'd say this was the perfect game for Leao.

Rebic lately has been off and on. If you ask me if I prefer Rebic over Leao on the wings I say every day of the week yes.

But today I would have thought that Leao will finally find an opponent defending loose and high and allowing him plenty of spaces to attack. In that regard he really amazed to prove me wrong. I've been too optimistic. Rebic probably would actually have done better but I can't say I would have expected that.
This was also the type of game that suits Leao as CF.

But Rebic is the better CF and LW.


Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 17:40   #625
tonyb
World Cup Winner
 
tonyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Fav. Players: Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
Default

The difference today was we rediscovered our energy levels. When Leao is out wide, we don't have the same energy as a duo made up of Samu,Rebic or Saele...Then id add that Diaz doesn't have the strength to impose himself like Krunic did or Hakan was doing in 2020. Then you have to also account for Theo probably focusing on being too attacking these last few weeks. When he was being criticised defensively in the past I disagreed but last few games, he's become lazy at the back. Dalot wasn't today.


Signature
"You Hate ME!?!?

tonyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 17:46   #626
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon
 
Goodfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default

 


Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 17:47   #627
Bird
I AM the word
 
Bird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Default



How?
How?!
How is it even possible to be that bad when the cross is picture perfect and no one is marking him?!

The only way this could have ended worse is if he just didn't bother to jump.

And why does he always have to fall?!
No matter what he does, header, shot, marked, not marked, every situation has to end with him falling.
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 17:48   #628
ACMILANMKD
Con il Diavolo in Corpo
 
ACMILANMKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Skopje,MACEDONIA
Fav. Players: Boban, Oliver Bierhoff, Weah, Sheva, Van Basten
Default

Defensively one of the better games under Pioli this season.
Completely closed the MF and overall tactic was excellent to play more physical game vs Verona.
Rade should take FK when he is in not Ibra, not Hakan.
Meite did the job well.

Dalot goal is a masterpiece.

Kudos to the boys for display today.
ACMILANMKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 18:49   #629
Uno Rossonero
Rookie
 
Uno Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird View Post


How?
How?!
How is it even possible to be that bad when the cross is picture perfect and no one is marking him?!

The only way this could have ended worse is if he just didn't bother to jump.

And why does he always have to fall?!
No matter what he does, header, shot, marked, not marked, every situation has to end with him falling.
He?s falling cause he?s using his body momentum to get power behind the ball(also why is went over lol).

Obviously a bad miss but it happens. Enjoy the three points and let?s not dwell on the negatives.
Uno Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 19:02   #630
milanator
AC Milan Legend
 
milanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austria
Default

That Rebic and Theo couldn't play was the biggest help today imo. Good perfomance in defense apart from Tomori?s heading pass-fail but that can happen.
milanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 19:42   #631
Sognatore
superema man
 
Sognatore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fav. Players: bosnian di marzio
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uno Rossonero View Post
He?s falling cause he?s using his body momentum to get power behind the ball(also why is went over lol).

Obviously a bad miss but it happens. Enjoy the three points and let?s not dwell on the negatives.


Why would you even ask this


Signature

sempre only 100% italian music in locker room
Sognatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 19:51   #632
kevin_dk
AC Milan Icon
 
kevin_dk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Calgary, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird View Post


How?
How?!
How is it even possible to be that bad when the cross is picture perfect and no one is marking him?!

The only way this could have ended worse is if he just didn't bother to jump.

And why does he always have to fall?!
No matter what he does, header, shot, marked, not marked, every situation has to end with him falling.
About him having to fall after touching the ball, I think he grew up a fan of Inzaghi.

About the particular header, it just showed his lack of experience. He tried to throw his head into the ball but that's not how to hit a strong header. It's all about timing, apperently he was late to jump.

Last edited by kevin_dk; 07-03-2021 at 20:13.
kevin_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 19:59   #633
Massaro94
AC Milan Icon
 
Massaro94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Grande Britain
Fav. Players: Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Default



Missed the game... Damn we scored 2 lovely goals.


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
Any news on Ramos? I don’t even mind giving him #3
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 20:00   #634
Massaro94
AC Milan Icon
 
Massaro94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Grande Britain
Fav. Players: Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird View Post
That was a great cross from Calabria


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
Any news on Ramos? I don’t even mind giving him #3
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 20:52   #635
Jivara
Forza Milan
 
Jivara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Default

The boys put in a great performance, a really big game from Milan and a statement at the right time.

Despite the obstacles the team won comfortably and played beautifully. Hellas who are normally tough, had no clear chances.

I loved how the "reserves" stepped up.. Krunic was man of the match I am truly happy for him he gets a lot of shit for nothing. Castillejo better playing freely instead of tugging the right wing. Saelemakers running nicely too and playing some sweet though balls. I also loved Meite he is strong on the ball. Also happy for Dalot I am sure it will boost his confidence. I love Gigio, he is a real captain we should keep him no matter what. Romagnoli also very good game I like him with Tomori. Calabria played great.. it was a really strong performance, only Leao needs to raise his level.
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 22:19   #636
Kaka06/07
World Cup Winner
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Fav. Players: Saelemaekers
Default

Should Theo plays a lw
Or maybe even a rw?
Kaka06/07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 22:33   #637
Forza AC Milan
AC Milan Legend
 
Forza AC Milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanator View Post
That Rebic and Theo couldn't play was the biggest help today imo. Good perfomance in defense apart from Tomori?s heading pass-fail but that can happen.
Its why we were defensively stable. We didn't have a player run past the half way line with the defense out of shape and then easily lose the ball leading to a counter
Forza AC Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 00:02   #638
yonggoh
Smoker
 
yonggoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Malaysia
Fav. Players: Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
Default

Scoring from open play finally! Well done lads


Signature
yonggoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 00:28   #639
terzino1899
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Default

Great performance and the midfield duo + Krunic stood physically solid and strong.
The defence line never broke up and remained in shape throughout.
The wingers ran their asses off but without too much quality attacking output.
Leao i thought played well against a team that did not clog up the defence. He actually made runs into space and dragged the defenders out of position. Good stuff compared to his past few games.

MOTM: Krunic for the goal, goal line header clearance, and constantly trying positive, forward passes
Shoutout: Kessie + Meite, being consistent the whole game nullifying the center
terzino1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 01:26   #640
yonggoh
Smoker
 
yonggoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Malaysia
Fav. Players: Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
Default

Clean sheet good for Donna and Roma confidence after recent blames


Signature
yonggoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:17.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.