The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 07-03-2021, 16:37   #621
Pingu
Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsonoqui View Post
This could be the biggest result of the season. I was shitting bricks before the game given our injuries.

Forza Milan!
I was already settled to drop points and thought a draw would be kind given our attacking lineup. More-so after creating nothing against Udinese and knowing Verona have been taking good results from the top teams. Alas, glad to be proven wrong by the B team.

Signature
Arctic Stream Emperor
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 16:43   #622
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo88 View Post
Huh? For 70 minutes it's been one of the best performances of the season. Looking at our past few games there's actually nothing that makes me hope for a fast return of Rebic and Calhanoglu?
Rebic?
He's the only one that I really missed out of the absentees. This is the type of game that suits him as CF.

What I really didn't miss was Theo gambling and creating holes in our defense.

Ibra would've taken Krunic's FK, only to start a counter for Verona by hitting the wall as usual. His presence would've moved Leao to LW, where he's a huge liability.

Verona delivered a Spezia-esque performance. But this time we had players that could match their intensity and physicality. We had midfielders that dominated in the air - Meite and Kessie won 12 aerial duels combined. Samu and Saele ran their asses off. Dalot didn't try stupid shit like the one Theo pulled that lead to Spezia's 1st goal.
Tomori intercepted balls that Kjaer didn't have the legs for.

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 16:55   #623
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
Rebic?
He's the only one that I really missed out of the absentees. This is the type of game that suits him as CF.

What I really didn't miss was Theo gambling and creating holes in our defense.

Ibra would've taken Krunic's FK, only to start a counter for Verona by hitting the wall as usual. His presence would've moved Leao to LW, where he's a huge liability.

Verona delivered a Spezia-esque performance. But this time we had players that could match their intensity and physicality. We had midfielders that dominated in the air - Meite and Kessie won 12 aerial duels combined. Samu and Saele ran their asses off. Dalot didn't try stupid shit like the one Theo pulled that lead to Spezia's 1st goal.
Tomori intercepted balls that Kjaer didn't have the legs for.
As CF I'd say this was the perfect game for Leao.

Rebic lately has been off and on. If you ask me if I prefer Rebic over Leao on the wings I say every day of the week yes.

But today I would have thought that Leao will finally find an opponent defending loose and high and allowing him plenty of spaces to attack. In that regard he really amazed to prove me wrong. I've been too optimistic. Rebic probably would actually have done better but I can't say I would have expected that.
Alo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 17:01   #624
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo88 View Post
As CF I'd say this was the perfect game for Leao.

Rebic lately has been off and on. If you ask me if I prefer Rebic over Leao on the wings I say every day of the week yes.

But today I would have thought that Leao will finally find an opponent defending loose and high and allowing him plenty of spaces to attack. In that regard he really amazed to prove me wrong. I've been too optimistic. Rebic probably would actually have done better but I can't say I would have expected that.
This was also the type of game that suits Leao as CF.

But Rebic is the better CF and LW.

Signature
Old 07-03-2021, 17:40   #625
tonyb
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola

The difference today was we rediscovered our energy levels. When Leao is out wide, we don't have the same energy as a duo made up of Samu,Rebic or Saele...Then id add that Diaz doesn't have the strength to impose himself like Krunic did or Hakan was doing in 2020. Then you have to also account for Theo probably focusing on being too attacking these last few weeks. When he was being criticised defensively in the past I disagreed but last few games, he's become lazy at the back. Dalot wasn't today.

Signature
"You Hate ME!?!?

tonyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 17:46   #626
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Signature
Old 07-03-2021, 17:47   #627
Bird
I AM the word

How?
How?!
How is it even possible to be that bad when the cross is picture perfect and no one is marking him?!

The only way this could have ended worse is if he just didn't bother to jump.

And why does he always have to fall?!
No matter what he does, header, shot, marked, not marked, every situation has to end with him falling.
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 17:48   #628
ACMILANMKD
Con il Diavolo in Corpo

Fav. Players: Boban, Oliver Bierhoff, Weah, Sheva, Van Basten

Defensively one of the better games under Pioli this season.
Completely closed the MF and overall tactic was excellent to play more physical game vs Verona.
Rade should take FK when he is in not Ibra, not Hakan.
Meite did the job well.

Dalot goal is a masterpiece.

Kudos to the boys for display today.
ACMILANMKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 18:49   #629
Uno Rossonero
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird View Post

How?
How?!
How is it even possible to be that bad when the cross is picture perfect and no one is marking him?!

No matter what he does, header, shot, marked, not marked, every situation has to end with him falling.
He?s falling cause he?s using his body momentum to get power behind the ball(also why is went over lol).

Obviously a bad miss but it happens. Enjoy the three points and let?s not dwell on the negatives.
Uno Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 19:02   #630
milanator
AC Milan Legend

That Rebic and Theo couldn't play was the biggest help today imo. Good perfomance in defense apart from Tomori?s heading pass-fail but that can happen.
milanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 19:42   #631
Sognatore
superema man

Fav. Players: bosnian di marzio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uno Rossonero View Post
He?s falling cause he?s using his body momentum to get power behind the ball(also why is went over lol).

Obviously a bad miss but it happens. Enjoy the three points and let?s not dwell on the negatives.

Why would you even ask this

Signature

sempre only 100% italian music in locker room
Sognatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 19:51   #632
kevin_dk
AC Milan Icon

Quote:

How?
How?!

About him having to fall after touching the ball, I think he grew up a fan of Inzaghi.

About the particular header, it just showed his lack of experience. He tried to throw his head into the ball but that's not how to hit a strong header. It's all about timing, apperently he was late to jump.

Last edited by kevin_dk; 07-03-2021 at 20:13.
kevin_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 19:59   #633
Massaro94
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou

Missed the game... Damn we scored 2 lovely goals.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
Any news on Ramos? I don’t even mind giving him #3
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 20:00   #634
Massaro94
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou

Quote:
That was a great cross from Calabria

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
Any news on Ramos? I don’t even mind giving him #3
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 20:52   #635
Jivara
Forza Milan

The boys put in a great performance, a really big game from Milan and a statement at the right time.

Despite the obstacles the team won comfortably and played beautifully. Hellas who are normally tough, had no clear chances.

I loved how the "reserves" stepped up.. Krunic was man of the match I am truly happy for him he gets a lot of shit for nothing. Castillejo better playing freely instead of tugging the right wing. Saelemakers running nicely too and playing some sweet though balls. I also loved Meite he is strong on the ball. Also happy for Dalot I am sure it will boost his confidence. I love Gigio, he is a real captain we should keep him no matter what. Romagnoli also very good game I like him with Tomori. Calabria played great.. it was a really strong performance, only Leao needs to raise his level.
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 22:19   #636
Kaka06/07
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Saelemaekers

Should Theo plays a lw
Or maybe even a rw?
Kaka06/07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 22:33   #637
Forza AC Milan
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanator View Post
That Rebic and Theo couldn't play was the biggest help today imo. Good perfomance in defense apart from Tomori?s heading pass-fail but that can happen.
Its why we were defensively stable. We didn't have a player run past the half way line with the defense out of shape and then easily lose the ball leading to a counter
Forza AC Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 00:02   #638
yonggoh
Smoker

Fav. Players: Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini

Scoring from open play finally! Well done lads

Signature
yonggoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 00:28   #639
terzino1899
Rookie

Great performance and the midfield duo + Krunic stood physically solid and strong.
The defence line never broke up and remained in shape throughout.
The wingers ran their asses off but without too much quality attacking output.
Leao i thought played well against a team that did not clog up the defence. He actually made runs into space and dragged the defenders out of position. Good stuff compared to his past few games.

MOTM: Krunic for the goal, goal line header clearance, and constantly trying positive, forward passes
Shoutout: Kessie + Meite, being consistent the whole game nullifying the center
terzino1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 01:26   #640
yonggoh
Smoker

Fav. Players: Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini

Clean sheet good for Donna and Roma confidence after recent blames

Signature
yonggoh is offline   Reply With Quote