Dimitrios Eleftheropoulos

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Luis said:
then we will have Dida & Dima :D

I like that. :D Sounds like a comic strip or something we'd see on Cartoon Network. Kinda like Pixie & Dixie. :)

I wonder if Dida and Dima hate meeces to pieces?

Gilardino Jr

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko , Maldini ,Gilardino , Nesta , Karimi , Owen , Shearer ,
elefthrapolous is a great player guys better than abbiati and he has serie a experience :cool:

Gilardino Jr

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gilardino Jr said:
elefthrapolous is a great player guys better than abbiati and he has serie a experience :cool:
and other than that he is better performing

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gilardino Jr said:
I actually never liked Abbiati.

Luis

You'll never drink alone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pelé, Shevchenko, Zamorano, Salas & Alexis Sánchez
And he is very good indeed

feddydaddy69

Beginner
Reaction score
yes from what i saw he is pretty good and Confident in him self and he could be a good back up keeper for Dida, he didn’t play today against Chicago but fiori did pretty well too good game by him saved us abit.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think the tour was a good thing for both Elefwhatever (sorry) and Fiori in order to get them some game time, while serving as a litmus test for the new guy. From what I've heard, he was pretty good. At the same time, though, I hope Elef's surprising presence will light a fire under Dida's proverbial rear so he can get back to his old ways again.

Anguisette

Coffee Dragon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Canna, Kaka
I'm optimistic that we have back ups who can come off the bench and play confidently, unlike Abbiati.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Anguisette said:
I'm optimistic that we have back ups who can come off the bench and play confidently, unlike Abbiati.

Well, since he spent a healthy part of the last three years twiddling his thumbs on the bench, I wouldn't doubt if such extensive inactivity served to erode his skills as well as his confidence. If you leave a car sitting in a garage and then try to start it months later, you'll do damage to the engine.

In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if Abbiati's response to Dida getting hit by the flare and leaving the April match against Inter was something like, "Finally, I'll get some frickin' playing time." ;)

red&black_fever

Dreamer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Rui Costa, *Il Capitano*, Kaka
BMWTaylor said:
In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if Abbiati's response to Dida getting hit by the flare and leaving the April match against Inter was something like, "Finally, I'll get some frickin' playing time." ;)

hah yeh. Then the match was called off..

kenichy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
fowler, maradona, pirlo
i like elef very much. in a heterosexual way. i wouldn't mind him starting every game instead of dida.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How bout Eleftho or Dima...my russian friends call all dimitris that.
Dima sounds more like it...then we will have Dida & Dima :D

Just minutes ago, I came upon this in an online article titled "Terror Suspect Detonates Grenade in Kenya" (AP Online, August 1, 2003):

"Dida G. Dima, the head detective in the port city of Mombasa..."

Yipes. :)

Gilardino Jr

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yipes. :)[/QUOTE]u mean Yikes

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No, I meant what I said. Thanks anyway, though. :star:

Reaction score
Hallo from Greece.Hallo to all fans of AC Milan.
I read the whole topic about Eleftheropoulos.
His name cames from liberty.eleytheria=liberty,eleytheros=the man who has liberty , poulos is just an anding of greek names.
His nickname is ELE,it comes from Olympiakos fans,like Ribo(Rivaldo),Geo(Georgatos) etc.
ELE was a big talent and he is a high standar goalkeeper,with a lot of qualifications.

I wait for your opinion about him.

Luis

You'll never drink alone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pelé, Shevchenko, Zamorano, Salas & Alexis Sánchez
I will call him DIMA anyway

Reaction score
I read in a greek newspapaer that Milan wants to take another goalkeeper,because they are not contented with his performance at the games he played.They want Zeliko Kalac from Perutsia.

Does anyboby ,knows something?

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That's news to me. I scour the soccer news as much as the next person and haven't read anything of the sort so far.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan to buy new ‘keeper?

Milan’s summer spending may not be quite over as boss Carlo Ancelotti is allegedly unimpressed with Dimitrios Eleftheropoulos.

The Greek goalkeeper was brought in on a one-year deal this summer as back-up to first choice Nelson Dida.

But the former Messina man, netted following the departure of Christian Abbiati (pictured) to Genoa, has struggled to impress during pre-season.

That has led to reports that the Italian giants are possibly looking to sign a new shot-stopper before the start of term.

Perugia ‘keeper Zeljko Kalac has been linked to the San Siro giants yet again given his situation.

The giant custodian could be available on a free transfer as his club have not been registered for the Serie B campaign as a result of their finances.

If the Umbrian outfit lose their appeal against that ruling and are demoted to Serie C, Kalac could be heading north.

Milan are also reportedly close to signing Lazio right-back, and former Rossoneri youth team product, Massimo Oddo. [Football Italia]

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
Does anyone know what is going to happen with Ele?

Schedule