Andrea Pirlo Thread

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Get Well Soon Pirlo

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Hope he gets well fast and IN FORM next time he plays .

I hope this means a 2 striker formation and Borrielo in it.I never thought i would ever want him to start but from what i seen so far he deserves a chance ,plus he tries to be good ,unlike Kaka and others who just parade around the field.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Az. said:
Hope he gets well fast and IN FORM
Carlo should take ideas from the movie rocketeer...other than that I don't see Pirlo getting fast anytime soon :o

ReBorned

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano!
For me Pirlo is the greatest player at his position worldwide! But to be honest... Pirlo doesn't play anything from 2006 WC! I don't tell that he is weaker but he play in every game for his club and contry! He must be out for a while so he can come back fresh and hungry! OK, i don't like it to be with injury but... i watched Cardaccio in the frendlies and i can tell you that he have that! He is some kind of Pirlo player who can contribute great passes but from the other side he have Gattuso/Flams mentality also which means that he is very helpful at the defensive part also!
I truly believe in that guy!

Wolfpac4Life

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.Baggio, Van Basten, Maradona
I'm not happy he's injured either but at least he's finally on the sidelines and hopefully after this much needed break he could even return as the real Pirlo, if indeed he really is out for at least a month (preferably longer). Surely now Carlo cant continue to field 3 DMs?!

ReBorned

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano!
Wolfpac4Life said:
I'm not happy he's injured either but at least he's finally on the sidelines and hopefully after this much needed break he could even return as the real Pirlo, if indeed he really is out for at least a month (preferably longer). Surely now Carlo cant continue to field 3 DMs?!
Watch your mouth.... Carlo and everything is posible! :head:

Wolfpac4Life

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ReBorned said:
Watch your mouth.... Carlo and everything is posible! :head:
I guess your right, I should know better than that... :D But if he wastes this opportunity to change things I dont think I'm going to even bother to watch Milan anymore.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
He will be missing the Derby.
He usually performs in such great games.
Too bad, Yet it can do us Very Good.
Bring the young Cardacio In.

Get well soon Pirlo

ReBorned

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano!
Wolfpac4Life said:
I guess your right, I should know better than that... :D But if he wastes this opportunity to change things I dont think I'm going to even bother to watch Milan anymore.
I can't do that... it's stronger than me! :rolleyes:
4-2-3-1 (Flams and Ambro - Ricky Dinho Pato - Borielo)
or...
4-4-2 (Dinho at LM - Ambro and Flams - Ricky as RM; Pato and Borielo at front)
And please give Cardacio chance!!! At least half hour per match... he will make good things!

Wolfpac4Life

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well I dont want to risk smashing my computer watching another debacle. Anyway, I hope Andrea takes his time to come back refreshed and back to the Pirlo of old.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Get well soon Andrea! I just hope Milan doesn't try to rush him back and make his problems worse.

grounder

Incomplete & out of time
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Like you care?
David-Regal said:
Nevertheless, it's time for some changes. And I hope we can play 1 more forward instead of using Emerson ( :head: ).

I'm seeing a better chance in the latter option. Imagine our midfield with Emo, Flam and Ambro. Good lord. Maybe Emerson will show off some of his playmaking skills. :D

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
well if pirlos out we could switch to 4-2-3-1.... ronaldinho basically wants to play play like pirlo anway (except running less) so we could even do this....

ambro--flamini--dinho--

--------kaka------------

----pato--SexCream--

i really hope it doesnt become thi way but to me dinho remembers seedorf and pirlos game. Meaning we cant play them together.... So if pirlos out, it could help us. It could also help if dinho remembered he's a professional athlete and RAN

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Wow, I made a comment about how he needs to probably get a small injury to take a rest and he does get injured...FISHY! Conspiracy theory on the way (Milan officials and players read the forum and take ideas from it :D).

Recover well and take a nice rest, don't look at a ball for as long as possible.

Last edited:

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Thank u god , 2 down & 1 to go.
Get well as soon as u r ready 2 justify ur salary + reputation.
If u r gonna get back as u were then fuck u.

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
Blog: Pirlo problem?
Are the batteries wearing down at Milan? Dave Taylor thinks so and feels Andrea Pirlo needs to get out of the spotlight to recharge his.

Milan have struggled so far this season and that’s likely to continue unless someone starts switching the lights on and grabs games by the scruff of the neck. In the past that player has been Andrea Pirlo, but the midfielder – like the rest of the team – looks sluggish.

The former Inter flop certainly isn’t the player he used to be and seems to be overly weary, something he was complaining about even before this summer’s exertions in the European Championship, when he really should have had his feet up.

He always seems to play in whatever match it is and surely this cannot continue. He needs a rest, he is a shadow of his earlier days, but the big problem is who can replace him with the Rossoneri or the Azzurri for that matter?

On the international stage, perhaps Alberto Aquilani is the answer, but he is not even guaranteed a first team game with Roma. Marcello Lippi saw the same Pirlo as I did against Georgia and replaced him with Angelo Palombo, but he doesn’t have as much class as Riverino.

Sadly Pirlo has the look of a tired fox hunted into the ground at night, caught in the spotlight, frightened, frail and frequently hiding. He is struggling to come to terms with the new system that Coach Carlo Ancelotti has imposed on them this term and there is even more pressure on the midfield after their losing start.

Pirlo is or at least was the axis on which the Rossoneri use to swing and under normal circumstances he would be one of the deep lying midfielders, but should Carlo try Mathieu Flamini and Max Ambrosini for the time being in a 4-2-3-1?

Let me stress that I have nothing against Pirlo, who on his day, which are becoming less frequent, is surely one of the best midfielders in Europe. But he needs to start performing because his club and his country just can’t afford to carry him any longer.

CH.4

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
LOL , fuckin hilarious how the best playmaker in the world is injured & most fans r ok with that.
Do they deep inside know he isnt all that ? maybe :)

MaldiniISgod

designated hippy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Nesta
Wild said:
LOL , fuckin hilarious how the best playmaker in the world is injured & most fans r ok with that.
Do they deep inside know he isnt all that ? maybe :)

Nah, he just needs a rest, and this is a good way for him to get it. With anshilotti at the helm there is no way he'd get any sort of rest time.

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MaldiniISgod said:
Nah, he just needs a rest, and this is a good way for him to get it. With anshilotti at the helm there is no way he'd get any sort of rest time.
So in a way u think Pirlo's bad form is due 2 tiredness ?
We r still @ the beginning of the season & the "he is tired" excuse isnt valid till half the season @ least.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta,kaka,zidane,pirlo and totti
i think pirlo should rest for this season 'cause the guy is playing like a princess, no agressivity, no fighting spirit, he's like :".... man it's just football" !, just bench him for a while then u will see if the lad have caracter or not.

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
Wild said:
We r still @ the beginning of the season & the "he is tired" excuse isnt valid till half the season @ least.

I`m not defending pirlo here,but he didn`t really have time to rest since last summer.. He played with Italy and then imediately got back to training with us..

i hope he stays out for around a month,because i really think he could use it.. And the other reason is that we have to try a new formation,as someone already said,this might turn out to be a blessing in disguise..

MaldiniISgod

designated hippy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Nesta
Wild said:

Well playing for 3-4 years in succession like he has takes it toll. I also think it's good for Milan to play WITHOUT him for a while. Not that I'd like to see him be taken out of the system entirely, but it's always good to change things. With Pirlo on the field we really limit ourselves to his abilities, and if he is having a bad day it really affects the entire teams' performance. Maybe using both Flamini and Ambro is a box-to-box role along with dinho, kaka, seedorf, boriello on attack will provide a different outcome than the last few games.

Last edited:

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
MaldiniISgod said:
Well playing for 3-4 years in succession like he has takes it toll. I also think it's good for Milan to play WITHOUT him for a while. Not that I'd like to see him be taken out of the system entirely, but it's always good to change things. With Pirlo on the field we really limit ourselves to his abilities, and if he is having a bad day it really affects the entire teams' performance. Maybe using both Flamini and Ambro is a box-to-box roll along with dinho, kaka, seedorf, boriello will provide a different outcome than the last few games.
It will be OK as long as a midfield carthorse like Emerson does not replace him, then it will be a disaster.

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MaldiniISgod said:
Well playing for 3-4 years in succession like he has takes it toll. I also think it's good for Milan to play WITHOUT him for a while. Not that I'd like to see him be taken out of the system entirely, but it's always good to change things. With Pirlo on the field we really limit ourselves to his abilities, and if he is having a bad day it really affects the entire teams' performance. Maybe using both Flamini and Ambro is a box-to-box role along with dinho, kaka, seedorf, boriello on attack will provide a different outcome than the last few games.
Knowing Anshit then b sure he will field the same tactic which will 4 sure result in a "missing Pirlo" situation.
Not due 2 his quality but forcing a Pirlo based 4mation without Pirlo.
Fielding Emerson alone should signal how stupid he is.

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Wild said:
Knowing Anshit then b sure he will field the same tactic which will 4 sure result in a "missing Pirlo" situation.
Not due 2 his quality but forcing a Pirlo based 4mation without Pirlo.
Fielding Emerson alone should signal how stupid he is.

maybe you should wait to see what happens before passing judgement... although if i do see emerson in the 1st 11 you'll get no argument out of me about the stupidity of his selection

vioser

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pirlo,Nesta
ReBorned said:
I can't do that... it's stronger than me! :rolleyes:
4-2-3-1 (Flams and Ambro - Ricky Dinho Pato - Borielo)
or...

4-4-2 (Dinho at LM - Ambro and Flams - Ricky as RM; Pato and Borielo at front)
And please give Cardacio chance!!! At least half hour per match... he will make good things!
I prefer this formation

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
milan wants to sell pirlo- barcelona, real madrid and other top clubs r interested.

milan want to sell seedorf- midtable spanish or epl side or ajax want him
milan wants to sell ronaldinho- man city, turkish, arab and japanese clubs want him... and i guess mls too
---------

but i guess everyone is wrong yes?

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf
Wait a second,wait.Who said that pirlo was tired 2 matches,contary he had a very decent games,without making ANY SINGLE mistake and playing very consistents perforamnces.Its not his fault our strikers didnt score.

Schedule