Supercup: Milan - Lazio

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
us_bombs said:
good for you if you think its your responsibility to take care of ac milan...but i'd rather sit back, watch, and appreciate the club that i love so much.

Hm... you're not just sitting back, none of us is, in fact...

We all pretend to be lil coaches + managers + come here to express our collective 'wisdom' about what's good + what's bad + what needs improving according to our very humble opinions, aside from merely expressing emotions over results, or else forums like this one wouldn't even exist...

;)

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Passion for *9* said:
us_bombs said:
good for you if you think its your responsibility to take care of ac milan...but i'd rather sit back, watch, and appreciate the club that i love so much.

We all pretend to be lil coaches + managers + come here to express our collective 'wisdom' about what's good + what's bad + what needs improving according to our very humble opinions, aside from merely expressing emotions over results, or else forums like this one wouldn't even exist...

;)

fair enough. :)

the bottom line is that we all share a 'passion' ( ;) ) for ac milan, whether we disagree or not. i'm sure you're cheering just as loud as i am when we score against inter...well maybe not quite as loud as me....
:D :devil2: :tongue: :devil2:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mensch said:
Ye, Passion I understand you, surely it is not a great pleasure to hear not the exciting things about people you like, especially when it is (perhaps) more than only favorite player. I didn’t want to harm you “saying unreasonable” things about somebody you like.

OK I bite... No, I don't love him, if that's what you try to say using 10000 redundant words. Your insinuations are getting really old, 'Edgar' (or is it Andriy ?)...

As for the rest, I won't waste my time on a percik rehash + the usual opinionated drivel on how bad s.o. is who played a major role in winning the CL + how great s.o. is who has yet to play one match for Milan + the usual 1 vs 2 strikers unsubstantiated bull that disregards the complexity of the issue, esp. the correlation between midfield + attack + other crucial factors, one of which being Sheva's longish out-of-form spell + later on Pippo's injuries (what can you expect from s.o. who is out more than 6 months out of 9 ??)....

Final words: Make your mind up about whether del Piero played as a striker or midfielder, you're contradicting yourself. OK I help you to speed up the process, Juve played with 2 strikers, of course del Piero was + is a striker with some playmaking quality, not a poacher/predator, but a striker or forward nontheless. His more recent attempts at playing in a playmaking role were a sad sight to see btw but that's of no relevance in this context. Anyway, as a striker he later partnered with Trez who btw doesn't really like to play as a lone striker. So.. 2 strikers it was at Juve... glad I could be of assistance in getting your facts right.

Well, well... I've said too much already, my opinion on this + other stuff is out there + I bet ur familiar with it, I'm not gonna repeat myself ad nauseam, as well as I will disregard further percik-type posts.

EOM.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
us_bombs said:
Passion for *9* said:
us_bombs said:

;)

the bottom line is that we all share a 'passion' ( ;) ) for ac milan, whether we disagree or not. i'm sure you're cheering just as loud as i am when we score against inter...well maybe not quite as loud as me....

If you only had some idea of how much I detest Inter there would be not even the slightest doubt about who is cheering louder :tongue: :D ;) :cool: :devil2: (and cussing, if necessary :o)

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
Passion for *9* said:
Mensch said:
Ye, Passion I understand you, surely it is not a great pleasure to hear not the exciting things about people you like, especially when it is (perhaps) more than only favorite player. I didn’t want to harm you “saying unreasonable” things about somebody you like.

OK I bite... No, I don't love him, if that's what you try to say using 10000 redundant words. Your insinuations are getting really old, 'Edgar' (or is it Andriy ?)...

As for the rest, I won't waste my time on a percik rehash + the usual opinionated drivel on how bad s.o. is who played a major role in winning the CL + how great s.o. is who has yet to play one match for Milan + the usual 1 vs 2 strikers unsubstantiated bull that disregards the complexity of the issue, esp. the correlation between midfield + attack + other crucial factors, one of which being Sheva's longish out-of-form spell + later on Pippo's injuries (what can you expect from s.o. who is out more than 6 months out of 9 ??)....

Final words: Make your mind up about whether del Piero played as a striker or midfielder, you're contradicting yourself. OK I help you to speed up the process, Juve played with 2 strikers, of course del Piero was + is a striker with some playmaking quality, not a poacher/predator, but a striker or forward nontheless. His more recent attempts at playing in a playmaking role were a sad sight to see btw but that's of no relevance in this context. Anyway, as a striker he later partnered with Trez who btw doesn't really like to play as a lone striker. So.. 2 strikers it was at Juve... glad I could be of assistance in getting your facts right.

Well, well... I've said too much already, my opinion on this + other stuff is out there + I bet ur familiar with it, I'm not gonna repeat myself ad nauseam, as well as I will disregard further percik-type posts.

EOM.

Germa...and you speak better english than I do... Whats the world coming to

persik

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Mensch said:
Passion for *9* said:
Ah.. you must be percik's moderate brother + sav10's cousin... :D

No, Milan was not sooo much better cos Pippo was out, Milan was somewhat better cos Kaka' injected some life in our previously lame-ass midfield. The midfield was the major reason why the Sheva/Pippo combination didn't seem to be too effective the season before, aside from Sheva's form slump, don't you remember that during the 2nd leg Rui didn't even manage to complete short-distance passes... Also, Sheva finally recovered his impressive scoring ways after his rather lenghty slump but Milan had their share of mediocre matches nevertheless, it's really NOT like they were brilliant throughout the season, in fact there was fairly little brilliance, they were more efficient + successful in playing result-oriented.. but brilliance is sth else.

Ye, Passion I understand you, surely it is not a great pleasure to hear not the exciting things about people you like, especially when it is (perhaps) more than only favorite player. I didn’t want to harm you “saying unreasonable” things about somebody you like. Yes, I said and I still think and it is some sort of obvious thing that Milan played better with Sheva – JDT/Kaka, and afterward (with time) I am sure that Sheva-Crespo (if there will not be injuries) will become the most dangerous and perfect playing attacking duo in the world. But I have explained my opinion about Inzaghi!
Though I think Inzaghi really belongs to great strikers I had and I still think that in present formation there is no place for him, really sorry but it is.
I can go further with explanation.
I think you remember Juve 97/98 – 00/01 when Pippo played in “juventino” jersey. When you “do” then you should remember Juve formation in such times. Juve played with two attacking midfielder and one striker. Surely it was genius Zidane, player “from God” Del Piero and some sort of phenomenon Pippo. And please – don’t say (anybody) that Del Piero has played as a striker – then you just didn’t watch Juve at that time. There were 2 attacking midfielder and 1 striker. Inzaghi was on top in such plaing team. (By the way as, after Lippi changed Ancelotti and again came to Juve, Del Piero began playing as a second forward, he complained a couple times in the newspapers that he see himself as a playmaker behind two strikers). At Inzaghi’s last season in Turin Juve went through very difficult period, the team was full of stars but didn’t manage to show steady performance. Ancelotti began doing more experiments, Juve started playing more in two forward formation, Inzaghi found himself more often warming the bench cause young Treseguet played good and in new formation even better with Del Piero, than it was scandal between Inzaghi and Del Piero.

So Pippo left Juve. He started in Milan under Terim’s coaching, playing alongside with Sheva and Costa behind them, then came Ancelotti again, long time injury, then recovering and old formation Costa/Serginho(AM/AML) + Sheva much deeper and Inzaghi alone striker. So, in that season, under Terim’s coaching (2 forward formation) Inzaghi scored 3 times in Seria A (Inter, Udine, Vicenzia ), under Ancelotti (one striker formation) 7 times. One year in Luve, one yaer in Milan in two forward formation, only 10 goals per season - nothing for really great striker!!!

Ancelotti understood due to his last experience how he should use Inzaghi and make him scoring so in the next season with Rivaldo arrival and Sheva’s long time injury he continued to use one striker formation taking from Inzaghi all he could to take and Inzaghi gave result. Everybody again watched dangerous Inzaghi about whom F.Cannovaro said once – "he is my nightmare". Then with Sheva recovery - situation has changed Ancelotti was aware of it - Sheva also a great strikers with him everybody forgot about Van Basten also Berlusconni like him and he understood that when he got back to 2 forwards from the start it would have unpredictable consequences. But at first it was not such bad cause during game against Inter (Milan won 1-0 16‘ Serginho) Inzaghi played bad and was reasonable changed for Sheva who "has(as newspapers wrote) for 20 minutes done more on the pitch then Inzaghi for 70". Then the game against Real, Sheva/Rui Costa magnificent winning goal. And now there was Milan – Roma. Ancelotti started Only with Sheva and Serginho much deeper, only couple opportunitys in the first half, a bad start of second, Ancelotti let Inzaghi on for Serginho and after 5 minutes and Sheva’s assist Inzaghi made the winning.
Sorry! that I wrote so many and so detailed. It was needed to explain what happened then!
Berlusconni barged in not his business and ordered Ancelotti always play with two strikers not understanding the matter of problem. Milan was supposed to rebuild its style of playing and that was one of the biggest problems for Ancelotti. How to change from shaped and trained formation to the new and perhaps not such effective one. So then began problems in at first so effective performance. Inzaghi scored not such oft, Sheva sometimes, again his injury, recovering but it was absolute obvious that such two great strikers cannot find common language on the field. Mediocre play in Seria A, only cause other was even worse Milan reached Final of CL. Some lucking win over without key man Nedved Juve in penalty round. Next season – Ancelotti was surely aware of situation, he needed a scoring Attacking midfielder to compensate goal deficit from attacking duo. Kaka came and it turned to be the right choice, though Kaka didn’t make amount of assist he supposed to do but and it is the main he started scoring and with Sheva he formed the main attacking power. And what Inzaghi? - 3 month of nothing, then injury, recovery again and again nothing (only 2 goals) very few as for the player who can it only – only it.

So now I will not do any comparisons and conclusions, I believe you are absolute able to do it alone.

Hey “brother” Mensch! Not bad! Historical arguments are factual ones!

Something I let me add. especially for Passions

At first, something about Inzaghi and this one striker formation.
As for me I don’t see in the season before last, when Milan won CL., the big EXPLOIT and “achievement” from Inzaghi, his GOD-foot-tough. Ancelotti really played one forward tactic, with maximal filled midfield. You wrote right – Ancelotti understood how he should use Inzaghi – Inzaghi’s speed (acceleration and agility in the box) and goal feeling are his strongest and entirely singles strong sides nothing more extraordinary. So Inzaghi’s purpose was to make so much movements in the box and respond on the defense-killing passes from such creative midfield consist of Pirlo, Seedorf, Rui Costa, Rivaldo/Serginho. No other team even Real at that time possessed such midfield as Milan. So Inzaghi did his usual job – to score goals. But as soon as some team began close all possible ways to make a pass to striker. Inzaghi was nothing. Though it was only couple times not more (Juve-Milan 2-1) cause such midfield is very difficult to stop. Then Sheva recovered from his injury and was back in squad. Then – nothing, there weren’t any teamwork, connection or understandings between Sheva and Pippo, nothing. Cause Pippo is some type of different strikers. Low connection and no understandings between Sheva and Inzaghi was a huge and it is possible to say – the main problem in Milan and not - the weak midfield or something.

There is something else for Passion. Passion please!!!!! - explain if you surely can – why did you call Seedorf – “slowmotion”. I wrote here in the forum already about some physical tests that are used in World football to measure players physical condition. So Passion did you notwithstanding use such tests on Seedorf and measure all his probable conditions to make such conclusions that he is some sort of slow “somewhere”??????????? :devil3:

reenpmaldini

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
PAOLO MALDINI
The game was great...no doubt abt that....
Btw, the game was shown and i got to watch it...but the prob is...just as they were having the medal ceremony, it was cut!!! This ALWAYS happens...unless if it's some epl match! Damn!
So i'm just wondering if any of u guys noe where i can watch the medal ceremony..it was not shown in the link given earlier...
So that i can watch our dearest capitano (who played superbly well, as always) lift the cup.
Thanks, i'll aprreciate it! :devil2:

Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:

EOM.

Passion for me it is perhaps only waste of time trying to make with you some sort of discussion or some debates. Cause it is though very pity but you do not know two simple rules of debates. First - to respect others opinion. Second - to (or leastways try to) put arguments after making some statements. All that I have read from you regarding my posts was some insults loaded with a couple “intelligent” words and some without groundings accusation to me of making contradiction to my own sentences. So I want to ask you where I made contradictions. (if it is about Del Piero role than I would like to ask you to read once again and very carefully my post (perhaps you missed something or misunderstood), also to receive this problem about his role (cause it concerns already my knowledge of football history) I offer you to visit such resource as UEFA.com or Juventus official site and to look the formation in which Juve used to play at this time) To finish with this issue I propose you to resolve (when you don’t mind) one test – As Vierri played for Juve he used to play with Del Piero Zidane and one another striker, so that Del Piero played with Zidane in midfield and Vierri with this striker upfront – so tell me who was this second striker (I make you some pointing –it was not Inzaghi) So when you sure that you saw Juve 6-7 years ago you surely will have no problem with the answer.

You shouldn’t and are not bound to read such you call percik-type posts. Though as for me I read it with interest, cause I see there some arguments and reasons and also something to think about. From you I read most of all only doubletalks about how worse and useless is this or another player and what the stupid other forums member are. Naturally all that writtings are not deficient in attempts on extraordinary literality and exceptionality.

And the last. I haven’t still read any arguments and reasons from you why my opinion on Inzaghi and other issues is not correct. Please when you really something know (I mean statistics, historical facts etc.) then just write it I would with great pleasure read it and on some interesting thing express my own opinion.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bojangles said:
Passion for *9* said:
Mensch said:
Ye, Passion I understand you, surely it is not a great pleasure to hear not the exciting things about people you like, especially when it is (perhaps) more than only favorite player.
OK I bite... No, I don't love him, if that's what you try to say using 10000 redundant words. Your insinuations are getting really old, 'Edgar' (or is it Andriy ?)... (snipped)
Germa...and you speak better english than I do... Whats the world coming to
Oh, I see a couple of mistakes just glancing over the text... but I tried ;) And to answer your question: Ideally a united one I'd say but I'm not delusional or idealistic enough to believe.. :D

Mensch said:
Cause it is though very pity but you do not know two simple rules of debates. First - to respect others opinion. Second - to (or leastways try to) put arguments after making some statements.

Go lecture your... ahem... 'brother'. I hope you know how to operate the Search function in order to dig out impressive evidence of his lack of respect + netiquette + absence of the most basic principles of debate.

Furthermore... @ Percik/Mensch:

Passion for *9* said:
My opinion on this + other stuff is out there + I bet ur familiar with it, I'm not gonna repeat myself ad nauseam, as well as I will disregard further percik-type posts.

EOM..

And EOM means 'end of message', in case you're wondering.

Have a good life or idi na khuy... whatever... Just don't hope for a further response, it won't happen.

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
No offence Passion, but you don't half get skinned sometimes in arguments :D

You should really do some research if you're going to stick to this opinion of your so strongly. It only takes an acmilan7 or a Mensch and you're on the floor.

Go easy on Crespo, your suggested 25 million Drogba has hardly set the world alight has he?

He will in time (maybe) and so will Crespo.

My God, we would have Lazio debts if you were in charge, my girl ;)

And this Chelsea "dumping" players on us is nonsense. It's Chelsea who look the fools: spending massive amounts of money and then offloading them for free (well they still part of their wages :D ) to rivals, when they don't perform immediately. It's the stuff of Championship manager.

Milan have took a great player (who has stagnated in terms of what he can do) for free, that Ancelotti knows and believes under his coaching can make great again (like Seedorf, like Pirlo). Ancelotti is doing what he is paid to do: to coach, work with the player, to make better. If it pays off and previous experience hints there is a good chance, we'll be laughing our way to further success.

It's a more admirable, economic and smarter characteristic than buying the latest craze and hoping for the best. Fuck it, I could do that. Give me a cheque book and some luck and I'd be the best "coach" in the world.

Wise up!

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
You know, if Roma had anything about them, they would go for Inzaghi. With Cassano and Totti, he would score at least 20.

But Roma seem intent on buying young players and preparing them for when the "big boys" can kindly take them off them :D

I will put money on it that Chivu, Cassano and Ferrari/Mexes (if they live up to the hype) will not be at the Olimpico in 3 years time.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Passion for *9* said:
us_bombs said:
Passion for *9* said:
us_bombs said:

;)

If you only had some idea of how much I detest Inter there would be not even the slightest doubt about who is cheering louder :tongue: :D ;) :cool: :devil2: (and cussing, if necessary :o)

i hear you there :D
whenever me and my buds get together for a derby, one of the guys is a nerrazzuri. by the end of the night we're both black and blue :tongue:

Vernetti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Michael Laudrup, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Grønkjær, Vicente, Robben
reenpmaldini said:
The game was great...no doubt abt that....
Btw, the game was shown and i got to watch it...but the prob is...just as they were having the medal ceremony, it was cut!!! This ALWAYS happens...unless if it's some epl match! Damn!
So i'm just wondering if any of u guys noe where i can watch the medal ceremony..it was not shown in the link given earlier...
So that i can watch our dearest capitano (who played superbly well, as always) lift the cup.
Thanks, i'll aprreciate it! :devil2:

Oh god, they showed the entire game in Singapore and not even highlights here in Denmark :head: If you find out were to find some footage please let me know. I´d love to watch it as well.

By the way I was in Singapore a couple of month ago AND I LOVED IT!!! I can´t wait to go back.

Vernetti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Michael Laudrup, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Grønkjær, Vicente, Robben
Passion for *9* said:
Milan did not win 'pretty much everything', they won the CL + Coppa + then the scudetto + the Italian supercoppa this year but they were aiming a lot higher than that

:head:

Alright you win!

The Champions League, Coppa Italia, the Scudetto and the Italian Supercoppa. It´s nothing..... we were aiming much, MUCH higher.

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
IMHO CRESPO was wanted by ANCELOTTI not by GALLIANI. GALLIANI reliuctantly granted ANCELOTTI his wish since he has won 4 trophies (when he made the decision he has not own SUPERCOPA ITALIA yet).

I personally don't think CRESPO can make it through the season. But I strongly disagree with you PASSION on your assessment of STAM. Then again only the season's result would make the conclusion of this debate.

And I like you pragmatic view, no questions asked. Of course every part of it except your assessment of PIPPO but I do respect your opinion because I have the same biasness about SHEVA.

Even though your posts are highly pragmatic and agreeable to the most of it, some how the posts portray a picture that celebrating a win means outrageously stupid. I guess, that's where people turn against you. Probably it doesn't matter to you anyway but I thought of letting you know my opinion anyway.

In any case, you definitely add a complete different dimension and a stark perspective to this forum which is great, at least for me.

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario
Vernetti said:
:head:

Alright you win!

The Champions League, Coppa Italia, the Scudetto and the Italian Supercoppa. It´s nothing..... we were aiming much, MUCH higher.

what is there to win again

Schedule