Status
Not open for further replies.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
News:

1. Chelsea have made a new bid of 27M for Modric.

2. Fergie was asked in Boston if we're in for Nasri and he said Nasri is going to another club (obviously City).

3. Essien is out for 6 months.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Did you do this on request, David?

Or is my forum fucking up?

No worries.

Last edited:

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
Ok, take 2...

Last season't top scorers:

:proud: :star: :proud: DIMITAR BERBATOV :proud: :star: :proud:

Berbatov.png

and tevez

83c09d87300b3ae13ec62d788600-small.jpg

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
My god, who showed Gollum how to dress?

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Some stats from last season

20 - Jermain Defoe became the 20th player to score 100 Premier League goals; the only player to break in to this select group this season.

350 - David Moyes became only the fourth manager to take charge of 350 or more Premier League matches as manager after Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger and Harry Redknapp.

573 - Ryan Giggs broke the record for the most Premier League appearances, overtaking David James (572) this season.

400 - Brad Friedel became only the third goalkeeper in Premier League history to make 400 appearances in the competition following his appearance on the final day against Liverpool.

500 - Paul Robinson has conceded 501 Premier League goals, becoming the fifth 'keeper to let in 500 goals in the competition.

25 - Manchester United won the league title this season despite picking up only 25 points away from home; the lowest total by any Premier League title winner.

2 - Only two sides have ever won a 20+ team English title with fewer away wins than Manchester United (5): Sheffield Wednesday in 1929/29 (3) and Newcastle United in 1906/07 (4).

19 - Manchester United lifted their 19th English league title; a new record, overtaking Liverpool's total of 18.

8 - Between January 1st - May 22nd 2011, Robin van Persie scored in nine consecutive Premier League matches away from home; a new record.

3 - John Pantsil scored three own goals for Fulham in the Premier League this season, equalling the record for the most scored in a single season by a player (Andreas Jakobsson, Wigan, 2003/04).

34 - West Bromwich Albion set a new Premier League record of 34 consecutive matches without keeping a clean sheet, between 29th August 2010 & 8th May 2011.

2 - West Bromwich Albion have kept only two clean sheets in the Premier League all season; a new record.

18 - Liverpool scored in 18 successive matches between January 1st - May 9th 2011; the longest such run in the Premier League this season.

43 - Carlos Tevez has scored 43 goals in the Premier League since he joined Manchester City on the eve of 2009/10; more than any other player.

3 - Dimitar Berbatov scored three hat-tricks in the Premier League this season, only Alan Shearer (five in 1995/96) has netted more in a single campaign.

1000 - DJ Campbell scored the 1000th goal of the 2010/11 Premier League season against Bolton on May 14th 2011.

34 - Manchester City have secured a top three finish in the top-flight for the first time in 34 years, since 1976/77.

55 - No side have scored as many goals as Blackpool (55) did this campaign in a Premier League season and still been relegated.

41 - There were 41 goals scored on Saturday 5th February 2011, a record for a 38-game Premier League season & only second to 8th May 1993 (47 goals) overall.

7 - On that same day (Saturday 5th February 2011), seven goals were scored from the penalty spot; a new Premier League record.

90 - There were fewer away wins in the Premier League this season than ever before (90, previous worst was 91 in 2009/10).

1000 - Tottenham Hotspur became the sixth team to accrue 1000 points in Premier League history following their 2-1 away victory at Sunderland on February 12th 2011.

1500 - Following their 3-0 home win over West Ham on August 29th 2010, Manchester United became the first team to win 1500 points in the Premier League era.

41 - At the age of 41 years and 152 days, Jens Lehmann became the sixth oldest player to ever play in the Premier League following his appearance against Blackpool on April 10th 2011.

17 - There have been 17 hat-tricks scored in the Premier League this season; beating the previous record of 16 set in a 20-team season back in both 1995/96 & 1997/98.

8 - At the age of 20 years and 139 days old, Mario Balotelli became the eighth youngest player to score a hat-trick in the Premier League with his treble on 28th December 2010 against Aston Villa, and the youngest since Luke Moore in 2005/06.

11 - 2010/11 was the 11th consecutive season in which the golden boot was won by a foreign player, with the last Englishman to win it being Kevin Phillips in 1999/00.

41 - Edwin Van der Sar became the oldest player to win a Premier League title at the age of 40 years and 205 days (on Sunday May 22nd 2011)

55 - Manchester United equalled the highest points total at home in Premier League history (55), level with Chelsea in 2005/06.

71 - Everton picked up their 71st red card in the Premier League with Seamus Coleman's dismissal versus Chelsea on the final day, equalling Blackburn Rovers' all-time record.

123 - Kevin Davies committed 123 fouls in the Premier League this season; the most by a player since Opta began their analysis on the league back in 1996.

32 - Maxi Rodriquez's goal versus Fulham on 9th May 2011 was the fastest recorded in the Premier League this season at 32 seconds.

2.80 - There were 2.80 goals per game on average this season; the highest ratio in Premier League history

1968 - The last English top-flight season to see a higher goals-per-game rate than 2010-11 (2.80) was 1967-68 (3.03).

3.09 - On average, Premier League games in May produced the most goals per game (3.09) this season.

2.28 - In October, the Premier League goals per game ratio was only 2.28; the lowest of any month this season.

9 - Carlos Tevez scored the first goal of the game on nine occasions in the Premier League this season; more often than any other player.

3420 - Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel and Everton full-back Leighton Baines were the only two outfield players to play every single minute of the 2010/11 Premier League season.

18 - Robin van Persie equalled the Premier League record of 18 goals scored in a season from January 1 onwards held by Thierry Henry and Cristiano Ronaldo.

1 - Only one opposition side scored a first half goal at Old Trafford this season, that coming in Man Utd's final game - Charlie Adam for Blackpool.

20 - The top goalscorer award was shared by Carlos Tevez and Dimitar Berbatov, the first time it has been shared since 1998-99 (Owen/Hasselbaink/Yorke 18)

191 - There were fewer clean sheets in the Premier League this season than any other campaign.

4 - Blackburn would have finished fourth if only first halves counted in 2010-11.

23 - Newcastle's Nile Ranger was the most used substitute in the division, 23 times.

19 - Jerome Thomas, Andrey Arshavin and Jermaine Pennant were all substituted 19 times, more than any other player this season.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias

:thumbsup:

I really come to this website to be in the Italian football discussion and Ac Milan discussion because were i am from it's all about the BPL.

And even here some two Man Utd dude keeping this updated !

DAYMNNNN !!! :lol:

And this is one of the most discussed website after Rumor Commode... :fp:

C'mon !!! :(

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:thumbsup:

I really come to this website to be in the Italian football discussion and Ac Milan discussion because were i am from it's all about the BPL.

And even here some two Man Utd dude keeping this updated !

DAYMNNNN !!! :lol:

EPL is dominant. Serie A is behind the times and aimed at backwards people ;)

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
If it's the most discussed other than Rumour Commode, doesn't that tell you that it's more than just 2 dudes keeping it going?

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria

LOL

1 EPL CL win in the past decade vs 3 italian CL victories

MILAN > Man Shitty

Fiero

Reaction score
Luka Modric is a cunt. I admit I want to see him in Chelsea, but I'm fed up with players who think it's their right not honor their contract. He wants to leave, okay I'm fine with that, but he shouldn't blast Levy for not selling him when only last summer he signed a six year contract.

Even if there was a "gentleman's agreement" to let him go if a big club comes in. You signed a contract, you abide by it. He's acting like he's being victimized. Cunt. I hope Spurs don't sell.

You really skipped Math didn't you ? :D

I don't think it's math.

What does math have to do with the fact that "manutd fan" does, in fact, not support City? :D

Unless he was referring to Utd with the nickname Man Shitty. Then in that case he's just really good with nicknames.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
LOL

1 EPL CL win in the past decade vs 3 italian CL victories

MILAN > Man Shitty

I'm going to assume that you had a mental break down, so I'll let you off the City comment.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Corinthians make £35m offer for Manchester City's Carlos Tevez:eek:
• Return to old club in Brazil may suit Argentinian
• Twenty-seven-year-old wants to be closer to his family

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/12/corinthians-manchester-city-carlos-tevez

Tottenham to reject improved offer from Chelsea for Luka Modric
• Spurs standing firm despite new bid worth up to £27m
• Croatian has expressed desire to join Stamford Bridge club

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/11/tottenham-reject-chelsea-offer-luka-modric

Chelsea resigned to losing Michael Essien until well into new year
• Midfielder undergoes operation after being hurt in training
• Damaged knee is same one that he injured in 2008

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/11/chelsea-michael-essien-stamford-bridge-ghana

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria

I'm going to assume that you had a mental break down, so I'll let you off the City comment.

by man shitty i obviously meant manchester united

@joey

i forgot liverpool woops 2. liverpool won due to gerrard diving so i dont even think that should count lmao. 3>2 i dont get where my math fails my point is still 100% valid especially considering serie a has been in a decline in the past 5 years lmao

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giggs, Scholes, Van Der Sar, Keano.
Carlos Tevez's advisor Kia Joorabchian claims a deal to take the Manchester City captain back to Corinthians is "close" and that the player is helping drive the deal.

The Brazilian club have tabled a £40 million offer after being alerted by Tevez's admission earlier this month that he wished to leave City for the sake of his family.

A move to a club in Europe had appeared the Argentina international's most likely route out of Manchester until it was confirmed last night that Corinthians were attempting to resign a player who played for them between January 2005 and August 2006.

"Corinthians made the offer, now it depends only on Manchester City. City have to make a decision," Joorabchian told www.espn.com.br.

"Everybody is working to make this happen, me, Corinthians, Tevez and Adrian Ruocco (another of Tevez's representatives).

"It is impossible to determine the situation, but I think it's close."

OneUnited

Reaction score

What?

by man shitty i obviously meant manchester united

@joey

i forgot liverpool woops 2. liverpool won due to gerrard diving so i dont even think that should count lmao. 3>2 i dont get where my math fails my point is still 100% valid especially considering serie a has been in a decline in the past 5 years lmao

What?

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9

Regardless of who it's "aimed at" I still enjoy it more. The gameplay the passion the fans, it's far more entertaining than the Premiership for me. Too many teams in the EPL have the Bolton "let's kick the fuck out of you and the ball tactic because we dont really have anyone who can play football in our squads" then you have fans creating fuck all atmosphere even when sold out (Arsenal, ManUtd).

In Serie A the game is slower but I think anyone would be foolish to not admit this allows for far more skill and impressive goals and team play, not all based on kick and run. Then the fans, when a team wins a title, be it for the first or the twenty first time, they go absolutely crazy, fill the streets with people, cars, mopeds, flags, flares, fireworks, beeping horns left right and centre... I only need quote the FA Cup's most recent victors to show the difference.

Then, rivalries, ohhh the rivalries. Manchester United - Liverpool? Fuck off, Genoa held a frigging funeral for Sampdoria!

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Regardless of who it's "aimed at" I still enjoy it more. The gameplay the passion the fans, it's far more entertaining than the Premiership for me. Too many teams in the EPL have the Bolton "let's kick the fuck out of you and the ball tactic because we dont really have anyone who can play football in our squads" then you have fans creating fuck all atmosphere even when sold out (Arsenal, ManUtd).

In Serie A the game is slower but I think anyone would be foolish to not admit this allows for far more skill and impressive goals and team play, not all based on kick and run. Then the fans, when a team wins a title, be it for the first or the twenty first time, they go absolutely crazy, fill the streets with people, cars, mopeds, flags, flares, fireworks, beeping horns left right and centre... I only need quote the FA Cup's most recent victors to show the difference.

Then, rivalries, ohhh the rivalries. Manchester United - Liverpool? Fuck off, Genoa held a frigging funeral for Sampdoria!

:star::star::star:

:lol:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team

Yeah yeah but those 2 throw faeces at each other!!! Now that has to account for something... they hate each other so much they revert back a few steps in the evolutionary tree. Now that is rivalry!

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9
Yeah yeah but those 2 throw faeces at each other!!! Now that has to account for something... they hate each other so much they revert back a few steps in the evolutionary tree. Now that is rivalry!

Just shows how true a rivalry it is, that it becomes them.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm amazed that anyone took that serious...

The atmosphere in the EPL is better than Italy (and Spain). If you don't believe me, look for quotes on players that have played in various leagues.

I went to Milan/Juve in 03 and the whistling is extremely loud, the colours are great, but in terms of fan interation it's nothing compared to atmosphere's in the UK, where you'll often find supporters screaming for a corner kick :lol:

Anyone who thinks Bolton still play the "kick you off the pitch" style is ignorant and clearly hasn't watched them in a long time. They play some good stuff.

Just shows how true a rivalry it is, that it becomes them.

United fans don't throw shit. Please, if you're going to argue, then atleast know what the fook you're talking about.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score

The atmosphere in the EPL is better than Italy (and Spain). If you don't believe me, look for quotes on players that have played in various leagues.

I went to Milan/Juve in 03 and the whistling is extremely loud, the colours are great, but in terms of fan interation it's nothing compared to atmosphere's in the UK, where you'll often find supporters screaming for a corner kick :lol:

Anyone who thinks Bolton still play the "kick you off the pitch" style is ignorant and clearly hasn't watched them in a long time. They play some good stuff.

United fans don't throw shit. Please, if you're going to argue, then atleast know what the fook you're talking about.

Are you serious? You are judging fan atmosphere in Italy based on a CL Final you watched IN the U.K? :fp::lol:

If anything, it proves how dull the U.K. actually is, especially considering almost half of the crowd who attended were from the U.K.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
cmon man utd fan.... nuetral site games out of country are always lame in terms of atmosphere

I've been to both serie a and EPL games. English sing more. Which is hardly a sign of 'cheering louder'. Just a sign of questionable sexual preference in IMO. Men singing songs about other men... ehhhhhh

I've actually found Serie A games to be more profain, lol.

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players

I was using it as an example that everyone is familiar with, a tactic many teams still adopt: Wolves, Wigan, Stoke, Blackburn.

As for the CL final in 03, was that not based on the fact it was such a dire, dull (as a result of both team's excellent defending) match? If not fair enough but I'm sure that must have had an effect upon it.

I've watched plenty of games this season in Serie A, and been to three (at San Siro) where the fans noise is incessant regardless of the attendance figures. Then at the very top end of the scale you have the likes of the Partenopei faithful who take 10,000 fans to Bologna and turn it into a home game, then the atmosphere in the 4-3 with Lazio was just incredible, nothing the likes of which I've seen in the Premiership.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Corinthians make £35m offer for Manchester City's Carlos Tevez:eek:
• Return to old club in Brazil may suit Argentinian
• Twenty-seven-year-old wants to be closer to his family

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/12/corinthians-manchester-city-carlos-tevez

Carlos Tevez's advisor Kia Joorabchian claims a deal to take the Manchester City captain back to Corinthians is "close" and that the player is helping drive the deal.

There's other news around that what Corinthians really offered was a one-year loan, like Robinho deal to Santos. Seems more realistic.

Anyway, Kia, MSI and all these shady people and groups, connected with Boris Berezovsky, have a close relationship with Corinthians and Tévez, so one can't rule out they are putting money on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.