Who will be our #9?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfather

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I tired of this deep-lying player-maker/tackler/wotever else the position is called... just sign Claudio Marchisio, put Kessie to the right of him and find another attacking mid to put to Marchisio's left

Marchisio is off to the USA apparently...

I think we'll have a limited budget for this mercado and our most pressing needs are CF, LW and CM.

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Priority list of players who should be sold

1. Bertolacci (just fuck off omg, reminder we paid 20m for this guy)
2. Bacca
3. Donnarumma
4. Suso
5. Rodriguez

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Marchisio is off to the USA apparently...

I think we'll have a limited budget for this mercado and our most pressing needs are CF, LW and CM.

Yes. Agreed.

But wot I was saying is that we used to have Pirlo who was uniquely suited to his position and ever since its like a by-law that we have to have a play-maker playing in the middle of his own half... no! That position is for a defensive midfielder! Fucking find one and move on.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Abbiati’s role description was to “report directly to the club’s Sporting and Technical Director Massimiliano Mirabelli and be the liaison between the team and the Club.” But despite the excellent relationship with coach Gennaro Gattuso, Abbiati has decided he doesn’t want to continue in this role.

The decision is said to be personal. il Giornale claims that Gattuso offered the 41-year-old a job as one of his coaching assistants, but Abbiati declined. And so, Christian and Milan part ways once again.

Abbiati no longer team manager

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
According to Calciomercato.com sources, Maldini would only come back if Elliott offer him a position where he would have some decisional power. This is something that Elliott might not be willing to offer him since they want people with more experience.

I feel like the same type of thing was said last year when Li/Fassone were offering him a position

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
According to Calciomercato.com sources, Maldini would only come back if Elliott offer him a position where he would have some decisional power. This is something that Elliott might not be willing to offer him since they want people with more experience.

I feel like the same type of thing was said last year when Li/Fassone were offering him a position
Exactly the same. This just smells of media making shit up again.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Paredes is really good, he should have been starting for his NT at the WC

I can't see him and Biglia playing together though.. He'd be a replacement/alternative for Lucas

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
“I have been training all summer because we agreed with the physiotherapists and that I should keep training, also because I had two serious injuries,” Conti said in an interview with MilanTV at training center Milanello earlier today. “So, I had only a 10-day vacation which is what I needed to charge my batteries, but I’m happy with the work that I have done and with how I’m training now.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
I don't know, Maldini is my favorite player but I will be the first to say that he may be one of the most opinianated players I've ever followed. He is a man of principle above all else but they are his principles and his ideas and he is not very flexible with them. I don't know if he's entitled to demand decision making power right off the bat, playing and management are two very different things.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
The worst part of this Mercato is not the lack of budget.
But rather, the lack of Mirabelli's creativity.

The way Monchi and Piero Ausilio operates is far ahead of Mirabelli's.
He is a fuckin amateur, he cant candle this Milan.
He should spent 2-3 years becoming Moggi's slave before he actually handle a club.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
“I have been training all summer because we agreed with the physiotherapists and that I should keep training, also because I had two serious injuries,” Conti said in an interview with MilanTV at training center Milanello earlier today. “So, I had only a 10-day vacation which is what I needed to charge my batteries, but I’m happy with the work that I have done and with how I’m training now.

I've never watched Conti playing, but is there any way that he could be a winger? Could we ask him to play higher?

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As reported by Milano Finanza, Elliott are considering selling a minority share between 5-20% to Milan fan and entrepreneur Riccardo Silva.

Above all, Elliott would like to treat the investment as a real business. The goal is to reorganize the club and keep it for a time period of up to five years, to later resell it for a value that the Singers expect to be around $1 billion.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I've never watched Conti playing, but is there any way that he could be a winger? Could we ask him to play higher?

Yes, but he's not going to operate in small spaces or with a defender on his back that well.

He's better suited as RB or RWB because he's good at receiving the ball on the move and in stride

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
As reported by Milano Finanza, Elliott are considering selling a minority share between 5-20% to Milan fan and entrepreneur Riccardo Silva.

Who knows, these bastards might sell us to 5 different owners with 20% stake each

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Wouldn't being owned by a few credible ppl be better than having a single owner?
I think that way we would get the best decisions made.
pls correct me if I'm wrong here.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
In Milan's board meeting Roberto Capelli, Paolo Scaroni and Marco Fassone are present. Marco Patuano is participating via conference call, while the four Chinese directors are absent [Sky].

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wouldn't being owned by a few credible ppl be better than having a single owner?

Put it to you this way: Say one of the owner is me and the another is you with an equal share... we're not gonna work for the betterment of the club, are we? I'll want to do things the right way, you want to do it yr way... it will be hell!

One super rich owner pls! None of these tiny dicks with a personal fortune of 1-2 billion

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm still obsessed with the tactic where we defend with two banks of 4 and attack with three at the back to maintain stability and possession. Belgium against Brazil and France played like this exactly and it was incredible. Here's an option using the same players as last year with only Bellotti as a new guy up front.

The idea is to use the difference between Rodriguez and Conti. One is better defensively than the other and vice versa. In defense they're both normal fullbacks, but in possession Conti is our RW.

Another amazing thing about what Belgium did was that when they attack Fellaini rushes forward to join Lukaku in attack, mostly against France. This gave them two options for headers and less space for a spare man to squeeze the attacker (one can go near and the other far). I'm using Kessie for this.

So when we attack it's a sort of 334. Very wide, with Bellotti and Kessie as options in the box, with Hakan far left, Conti far right, and Suso and Bonaventura outside the box.

Issues I see are obviously Biglia needs a lot of energy to clean up, and Bonucci would rather play in the middle than on the right. Other than that, this is what Belgium is doing and it worked for them.

Gattuso said we will play either four or three at the back but always three in midfield. This does just that.

Anyway, i'm tired of ownership talk.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

Above all, Elliott would like to treat the investment as a real business. The goal is to reorganize the club and keep it for a time period of up to five years, to later resell it for a value that the Singers expect to be around $1 billion.

5 years in Babylonian exile

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
5 years in Babylonian exile

Serie a is about to explode. These people do not care about us. They are in it to make money this doesn't surprise me. The question is who would be able to afford a club worth 1b or even 800m

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(I dont really mean this - just saying it out of frustration)

Fuck Italy and fuck their Mafia - wot good are they if they cant protect one of their national treasures. Wish I was head of Camorra... I'd deal with this singer prick myself!

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Well Niang was rated Senegal best performer by WhoScored. They had Mane, Koulibaly, Keita and others...

And I never mentioned Henry, you did.

Too bad I wasn't back in time when you still thought Niang was from Nigeria :(

Why is this guy still here?

Cockroaches are basically immortal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule