Coppa Italia SF: Lazio vs Milan – 26/02/2019 21:00 CET

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Orsato was fantastic. Really didn’t fall for anything by either team.

:thumbsup:
We usually have some ref blunders at our games but with this i agree.

There are only 2 things we could discuss but other than that he was a nice refresh...

He could punish their dives, and that one foul on Borini that could be straight red... but he took his stance and kept it until the end, so respect for that.

Yellow on Donna was right 100%, and he never fell for any diivng...i would be happy with this lvl of ref in all our games

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Orsato did good, only thing I would really complain about is him letting Lazio dive constantly without booking them. But overall solid officiating for once.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
overall ref was ok, i would complain about a couple of hits our players got in heads without any warnings from ref. majority of the teams would bitch about cards...

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I do think Bakayoko's eventual position will be on the side. He can be easily nullified by two blockers on either side - does not have the guile of a Pirlo or a Van Bommel to get away from players and spread the ball quickly. In the middle, you need that.

Laxalt disappointed me after his high level performance against Napoli. But again, he did not have other players moving ahead of him like he did against Napoli.

Suso is just completely out of it. He really shouldn't be starting.

Both Lazio and Roma's gameplan was to rush Bakayoko instantly the moment he looked like receiving the ball, and it worked. Biglia is much better at avoiding this and can anticipate a dangerous situation much better. We get the added advantage of his better passing range and setting the tempo with quicker thinking. We need to start with Biglia always and rotate the other three.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
very good result for us :thumbsup:
defence was solid and lazio did nothing .

Solid is pushing it, they where okay + Lazio's forwards were complete shit.

FYI we did nothing either, we just showed up and hope we don't concede a goal somehow. I was hoping after the first half, that we played like that because we were trying to conserve energy, but the shit show in the second half cannot be excused, just poor tactics and poor play from everybody.

And no, Kessie isn't that big of an impact on this team. We should do much better even with him out.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
I like the referee, only thing I didn’t like was we made 5 fouls 3 yellow cards awarded.

Lazio made 14 fouls and only got 2 yellow cards.

Yes we were lucky Romagnoli didn’t see red but he was very easy on Lazio.

Mr. Tea

Ac Milan Icon
Reaction score
I like the referee, only thing I didn’t like was we made 5 fouls 3 yellow cards awarded.

Lazio made 14 fouls and only got 2 yellow cards.

Yes we were lucky Romagnoli didn’t see red but he was very easy on Lazio.

Why were we lucky Romagnoli didn’t see red?

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Why were we lucky Romagnoli didn’t see red?

He made a challenge that would normally be a second yellow, and he just got a warning. I think the ref was lenient with it due to how he'd also been lenient on Laizo all game. Was fair throughout to be honest.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Summary:

- OK result, we did not play good but in reality we did concede not much to Lazio with exception to shots outside the box.

- Referee? He was Ok. He should have given Immobile and Correa yellow cards for their theatrics plus Bastos deserved a yellow for that elbow to Suso's face but I think he was fair.

- Gigio? Lazio lurk around the box but IMO it was a quiet night. No saves to be talked about.

- Calabria? Decent, He was abused in the first half but much better in the second half.

- Musacchio? Present the whole night.

- Capitano? He was everywhere. I do not think he should have taken the bait from Correa for the yellow card but he just keeps getting better.

- Laxalt? He did his job.

- Kessie? And this is what we do not have if Kessie goes with an injury.

- Bakayoko? If he makes thing simpler he would be mind blowing. Still a must buy.

- Paqueta? He was good not great.

- Suso? Terrible at best. He had 5 good minutes in the second half but nothing to talk about. Bastos manhandle him way too easy.

- Piatek? 1 half chance in the 87 minute but he was shadowed the whole night,

- Borini? A soldier but nothing in the offensive part.

Subs:

- Hakan? Did he even play? I did not notice what he did for us So I gotta say he was a Borini.

- Castillejo? Better than Suso but mostly because the effort on defense.

- Biglia? N/A

-Gattuso? If our wingers do not work our CF is way too isolated. Rino should have seen that already. I am not for it but we might need to play Cutrone-Piatek upfront together.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Both Lazio and Roma's gameplan was to rush Bakayoko instantly the moment he looked like receiving the ball, and it worked. Biglia is much better at avoiding this and can anticipate a dangerous situation much better. We get the added advantage of his better passing range and setting the tempo with quicker thinking. We need to start with Biglia always and rotate the other three.

biglia can pass quickly but he is often a lazy passer. lazy as in passing without realizing where opponents are. he has gotten us in a lot of trouble because of it.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He made a challenge that would normally be a second yellow, and he just got a warning. I think the ref was lenient with it due to how he'd also been lenient on Laizo all game. Was fair throughout to be honest.

lol. that was a blatant dive and should have resulted in yellow for lazio. roma didn't even touch the guy.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Yellow on Donna was right 100%

I think the assistant threw his flag up once Immobile took the shot with his third touch. (saw a hint of it and that's how Donna had "freedom" to belt out)

Fuck shit up and yellow the victim like with Suso vs Kolarov penalty, Paqueta protest.

Schedule