will the backing of Sky help the Serie A

RossoNero83

#RedTurdOut
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Savicevic, Massaro, Simone, Sheva, Kaka and Maldini
Just wondering because it seemed to have helped the prem league, now that sky are backing the Serie A will it help the league, I had this discussion with a friend of mine who is a city fan and he seems to think its really good thing for the italian game.
What does everyone else think?

RossoNero83

#RedTurdOut
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Since the serie a announced the split from serie b. In italy sky have payed €1.149bn for the tv rights for the next 2 seasons. Much like the prem league the serie a is now a seperate entity from all the other leagues in italy

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Since the serie a announced the split from serie b. In italy sky have payed €1.149bn for the tv rights for the next 2 seasons. Much like the prem league the serie a is now a seperate entity from all the other leagues in italy

Oh that, I wouldn't read too much into it honestly. Italian football is never getting the investment that Spain or England has right now.

goja

Im back baby
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Nesta, Pippo, Pirlo, De Sciglio
i didnt know the split was officially announced.. sources?

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Well i thought you meant English SKY... Both Liga BBVA and EPL are on there.. I'm happy with my ESPN, thank you. :D

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
They need to get new commentators tho, the current ones literally put me to sleep.

Say what you want about English commentators, but atleast they are entertaining and not make you want to kill yourself...

goja

Im back baby
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Nesta, Pippo, Pirlo, De Sciglio
They need to get new commentators tho, the current ones literally put me to sleep.

Say what you want about English commentators, but atleast they are entertaining and not make you want to kill yourself...

i agree, but i do want to kill myself when im overwhelmed by their bias. so basically every 10 minutes. the worst are the french commentators, if they were this forum, you'd only get posts in the off topic category

RossoNero83

#RedTurdOut
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Oh that, I wouldn't read too much into it honestly. Italian football is never getting the investment that Spain or England has right now.

On the contrary my friend, The premier league is the highest earner in terms of domestic TV rights,
The Serie A is 2nd in terms of earning through their domestic TV rights.
La Liga in spain, do not sell their TV rights like the Bundesliga, the Prem League or the Serie A as all 20 teams in that league sell their TV rights individually (the serie a used to do this)

so here are the financial rankings in terms of Domestic TV Revenue.

1. Prem League (Sky Sports)
2. Serie A (Sky Sport Italia, Dahlia TV and Premium Calcio)
3. Bundesliga (Sky Sports)

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
On the contrary my friend, The premier league is the highest earner in terms of domestic TV rights,
The Serie A is 2nd in terms of earning through their domestic TV rights.
La Liga in spain, do not sell their TV rights like the Bundesliga, the Prem League or the Serie A as all 20 teams in that league sell their TV rights individually (the serie a used to do this)

so here are the financial rankings in terms of Domestic TV Revenue.

1. Prem League (Sky Sports)
2. Serie A (Sky Sport Italia, Dahlia TV and Premium Calcio)
3. Bundesliga (Sky Sports)
No, La Liga is sold individually by teams, not as a league. And that's why Barca and Madrid are turning La Liga into the SPL. Serie A has a huge image problem and it just won't attract the crowds that England or Spain get.

Apart from the San Siro, I'd rather watch games at the Britannia than anywhere in Italy.

Schedule