Hakan Çalhanoğlu Thread

Rossoneri97

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka
Nope. Not saying 4312 CAM, which he does not have the dynamism or dribbling ability to play. Talking about putting him in a wide front 3 with freedom to get close to the striker. A completely different role than CAM in a 4312

so you mean a False 9??

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
zbn5kkdr.jpg

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
he's good at long passes, at long distance shot, and defending

his pace and dribbling are not that good, he will never be that good at LW ot CAM

he's too gritty in his defending

a pirlo type deep playmaker's best attributes are the football iq, short passing and technique. None of which Hakan excels at.

i don't don't long passes, a good distance shot and gritty defending is enough to lead the team from that position.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
he's good at long passes, at long distance shot, and defending

his pace and dribbling are not that good, he will never be that good at LW ot CAM

I guess Rui Costa was a failure too.

You guys play too much FIFA.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
he's too gritty in his defending

a pirlo type deep playmaker's best attributes are the football iq, short passing and technique. None of which Hakan excels at.

i don't don't long passes, a good distance shot and gritty defending is enough to lead the team from that position.

I think his passes and his decision making is one of the things that made him so important in the second half of this season.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
you mean Rui Costa couldn't dribble?

i never play FIFA

I wouldn't say that was one of his main assets. Vision and passing were. If Hakan can develop that + continue improving his shot, he could be a good CAM. Not all wingers have to be super fast too.

It all depends on how the team is built and player skills emphasized. You wouldn't normally put a player like Pirlo as an anchor too.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that was one of his main assets. Vision and passing were. If Hakan can develop that + continue improving his shot, he could be a good CAM. Not all wingers have to be super fast too.

It all depends on how the team is built and player skills emphasized. You wouldn't normally put a player like Pirlo as an anchor too.

Rui Costa was one of the finest dribbler in Serie A, he could defend the ball forever.

Not all wingers have to be super fast, but i don't see anything in Hakan that makes me think he will be great in that role. Suso is not fast, but he's very quick in the box at switching his plan between crossing or cutting inside, so that he can always find a way to do something dangerous even against multiple opponents.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Overall pretty good season. Should keep him.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
his decision making is quick. very good when we have switch from defense to attack. would do amazing with fast,strong and clinical attacking players.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rui Costa was one of the finest dribbler in Serie A, he could defend the ball forever.

Not all wingers have to be super fast, but i don't see anything in Hakan that makes me think he will be great in that role. Suso is not fast, but he's very quick in the box at switching his plan between crossing or cutting inside, so that he can always find a way to do something dangerous even against multiple opponents.

I have seen him make some great through passes and, as mentioned above, he's quick at decision making, something that Bonaventura lacks. Considering this and his really good shot, I would like to see him as CAM in a 4-2-3-1, with Suso on the right, a fast technical winger on the left (someone like Insigne) and a good typical N.9 Striker like Dzeko. I can see him scoring and assisting a lot from that position.

We have the right people for the CM/DM positions, as well, in Biglia/Kessie/Loca.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
love him

he just needed time and a good set up + trust shown to him

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I have seen him make some great through passes and, as mentioned above, he's quick at decision making, something that Bonaventura lacks. Considering this and his really good shot, I would like to see him as CAM in a 4-2-3-1, with Suso on the right, a fast technical winger on the left (someone like Insigne) and a good typical N.9 Striker like Dzeko. I can see him scoring and assisting a lot from that position.

We have the right people for the CM/DM positions, as well, in Biglia/Kessie/Loca.

4-2-3-1 is a little bit dated and never really did that well in Serie A.
I remember when we played it under Seedorf for a short period of time and the holes it caused in midfield where problematic.
Of course it can work but overall you don´t really gain much in attack (especially not a second striker) compared to a 4-3-3/4-1-4-1 but have to deal with a less compact midfield.

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

giphy.gif

probably you never watched him play.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
He's clearly shit.

Sell back to Kebabland.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
giphy.gif

probably you never watched him play.

I have. He's one of my favorite Milan players. I'm not saying he wasn't good at it, because he was indeed. I just don't think that he relied too much on it. Maybe I'm not expressing my thoughts right.

Anyway, Hakan will never be on Rui's level, but if he can achieve 70% of that level, that would be great... and I really think he's capable of doing so, but has to work hard at it.

Meriano

Primavera
Reaction score
I have. He's one of my favorite Milan players. I'm not saying he wasn't good at it, because he was indeed. I just don't think that he relied too much on it. Maybe I'm not expressing my thoughts right.

Anyway, Hakan will never be on Rui's level, but if he can achieve 70% of that level, that would be great... and I really think he's capable of doing so, but has to work hard at it.

He can get 99% of that level :lol:

Sorry but a player who always always always , prefer the selfish decision instead of playing with his teammates can change the job , soot shoot shooooooot , where is the playmaker , who thrive in passing , in vison , in shielding of the ball , where is the clever job , the clever pass , we can put hil in the basket , he exploses all our offensives , since the departure of Kaka we dont see a good playmaker , except Bona.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He can get 99% of that level :lol:

Sorry but a player who always always always , prefer the selfish decision instead of playing with his teammates can change the job , soot shoot shooooooot , where is the playmaker , who thrive in passing , in vison , in shielding of the ball , where is the clever job , the clever pass , we can put hil in the basket , he exploses all our offensives , since the departure of Kaka we dont see a good playmaker , except Bona.

You almost made a smart post and then you go and write that bold part :fp: :lol:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Goal and 3 assists this game.

Has been an absolute star and pleasure to watch in the 2nd half of the season. Hopefully he can improve even more in his natural position and some better players around him too!

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
He will be our main man next season. Finally showing the potential he has shown back in hamburg

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
Flawless game. With more freedom in the middle, he is going to be scary next season.