The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 02-04-2012, 20:17   #181
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Pippo, Forlan, Alex Morgan <3, Pato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestafan View Post
So is Maldini not one of the greatest of all time, because he played with one club in one league his whole career? Obviously the former Milan captain is one of the greatest!

So i think this talk of Messi can't be considered one of the greatest, because he has only played for Barca, is completely preposterous.
no that wasnt really the argument, he was just stating a element that boosts Baggio's case.

and the Maldini comparison is not a good one, Maldini was great for his whole career with a completely different cast of characters throughout. We will see how Messi does when he doesnt have 2 of the best midfielders in the world feeding him the ball. Actually, we have seen that with his time with the NT, where he is good, but not that close to the level he is with his club

Signature
SpartanMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 20:36   #182
Costanza
Banned

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu

Messi is good but not the greatest ever, I have seen quite a few good players but he is not better.

And I also haven't watched Barca against week teams.

Messi has the next 4-5 years to reach that level, but if he stays where he is now for me he won't be the best ever at all.

Last edited by Costanza; 02-04-2012 at 20:52.
Costanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 20:41   #183
Nestafan
Long Hair > Mohawk

Fav. Players: Nesta, Ibra, Crespo, Pirlo. Current AC - Jack, Romagnoli, Suso, Locatelli, Cutrone, Abate, Storari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanMilan View Post
no that wasnt really the argument, he was just stating a element that boosts Baggio's case.

and the Maldini comparison is not a good one, Maldini was great for his whole career with a completely different cast of characters throughout. We will see how Messi does when he doesnt have 2 of the best midfielders in the world feeding him the ball. Actually, we have seen that with his time with the NT, where he is good, but not that close to the level he is with his club
Yeah, it was more just a point to people in general, who keep saying he can't be one of the greatest of all time if he plays with one club.

I'm not at all trying to belittle Paolo, just making the point he played for one club too. In terms of characters changing. He played really well with Ronaldinho, Eto, and Giuly, he now plays really well with Villa, Pedro and Snachez. Of course Xavi and Iniesta are fantastic too, it obviuosly helps. However Paolo had great defenders playing with him too.

I just get the feeling some people don't want him to become one of the greatest of all time, and have already made their mind up, no matter what he does or achieves throughout the rest of his career.
Nestafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2013, 13:54   #184
seveners
SAPL Winner

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona

Auguri Roby

Signature

BEST OF THE BEST
seveners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2013, 15:03   #185
Dark Knight
Maestro

Fav. Players: Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9

Happy birthday roby.. to you and to me

Signature
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 12:41   #186
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

http://www.fantasista10.co.uk/roberto-baggio/

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 14:21   #187
Eccolo
Keep calm! Sell everyone!

Fav. Players: Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players

Great read, thanks Jasper!
Eccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 16:12   #188
seveners
SAPL Winner

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona

Thanks Jasper.
Quote:
Upon retirement he stated that if he were to play only
when he didn’t feel pain, he would have stepped on
the pitch “only two or three times a year” .
Wowwwww

Signature

BEST OF THE BEST
Old 24-03-2013, 16:23   #189
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by seveners View Post

Wowwwww
That's just the harsh truth about pro sports. Some guys make it very black and white when they talk about injuries. 'He shouldn't have played, the doc said he can't play' - but the realness is what Zlatan wrote in his book. It's always a risk and a gamble between the loss and gains. Doctors always tell you to stay away with a guaranteed time so noone takes them by the word.

I mean they once told me to not to do any sport for a month because I broke my fingerbone. Obvously I was playing tennis the next day using only one hand. Pro-sport is somewhat same but the risks and gains are just multiplied with 1000.

Signature

Old 18-02-2014, 10:50   #190
Dark Knight
Maestro

Fav. Players: Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9

Happy birthday Roby

Signature
Old 18-02-2014, 11:44   #191
MilanMB
Not mad

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Romagnoli, Suso, Bonaventura, Bonucci

happy birthday, dark night

---

Whoaa, Baggio... feels like such a long time ago. What a player he was. Dat 1994 WC form.

Signature
#VogliamoMaldini
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2014, 12:33   #192
Dark Knight
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
happy birthday, dark night

---

Whoaa, Baggio... feels like such a long time ago. What a player he was. Dat 1994 WC form.
thanks

Signature
Old 01-09-2014, 23:55   #193
Jasper
Maldini tier

Signature

Old 18-02-2015, 16:00   #194
Jasper
Maldini tier

http://calciofication.tumblr.com/

Signature

Old 18-02-2015, 16:43   #195
Massaro94
Banned

Fav. Players: Weah Gullit Rijkaard Boban Savicevic Baresi Kaka Shevchenko Suarez Tevez

One of my favourite goal celebrations.

Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2015, 16:44   #196
Massaro94
Banned

Fav. Players: Weah Gullit Rijkaard Boban Savicevic Baresi Kaka Shevchenko Suarez Tevez

U know i love this celebration.... raising the Milan short cos it towers above all others.

Here he is scoring the goal that lead to it.

05:38 .... to give us our 15th scudetto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oJzAVpVcGo

Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 16:22   #197
seveners
SAPL Winner

Quote:
Italy legend Roberto Baggio claims Ricardo Centurion is the closest thing to his heir and that the “bitterness” of his penalty miss in 1994 will never pass.
Speaking to Corriere della Sera about his football career, Baggio also discussed the differences between the past and present and his position of a ‘9.5’, while revealing his toughest opponent and the forward he most wanted to partner.
“My heir? I watch a lot of South American football and, as a fan of Boca Juniors, I really like Centurion, but he has to improve his behaviour off the pitch,” he began.
“Comparisons? I think that today, I’d have been able to play for a few more years. And it wouldn’t be just me.
“In my time, you’d wait for a kick and only after that did you think about how to win the ball back. Today, you sometimes risk a red card with your first foul.
“It was a time when you’d get a kick and you wouldn’t even know who had kicked you. It was a time of man-hunting.
“Parma? I didn’t want Parma because Ancelotti didn’t know where to play me in his 4-4-2, but the important thing is that he then regretted it!
“In today’s football, I’d be the second striker in a 4-3-1-2, next to a targetman. Platini gave me the perfect definition: I was a ‘9.5’.
“Zola? He had to go to England to find a place. How much would I cost today? I have no idea… [before a suggestion made by someone else of $150m].
“Maldini? He’s the best defender I played against. When you faced him, you knew you wouldn’t pass him.
“He was big and strong with his head and feet... You’d have to put together 15 players to make another one like him.
“Van Basten? I’d have liked to play with him. He’s the player that I exchanged shirts with most willingly.
“My penalty miss in the 1994 World Cup Final? I’ve thought about it, but the bitterness remains, even after all this time.
“It hasn’t diminished and I don’t think it’ll ever pass. I’d like to go back to those years, apart from the Final.
“The path we took was full of meaning, for the fatigue and difficulties we suffered, and the character and determination with which we came out.
“I never thought that people would ever want to step into the shoes we wore back then.
“It means that you’ve left something beautiful and profound behind, although it was the 1990 World Cup in which I felt I could do anything.”
http://app.football-italia.net/?refe...&menu=news-all

Signature

BEST OF THE BEST