The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

View Poll Results: What should he do?
Stick around awhile longer, because Milan are still interested in him. 66 66.00%
Not renew his contract and instead seek a fresh start with a new team. 34 34.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2005, 12:55   #21
r3dman
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Nesta - Maldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorbasu
Nice, really nice. I hope he continues to keep that sheet clean!

Signature

Moratti...tutto ciň che tocca, si trasforma in merda!
r3dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 03:49   #22
Beemer
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dman
Nice, really nice. I hope he continues to keep that sheet clean!
Alas, he fell six minutes short of immortality. I was crushed.

It must've been incredibly frustrating to have come so close while getting rattled by 3 PSV scores. But I'm sure that he's more than willing to eschew such a record in favor of taking home a second Champions League title in three years.

Gatorbasu: Thank you for sharing that article.

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...52758381&cdi=0

Not to worry, Big D, you're still the man.
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 20:19   #23
zantetsuken
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Shevchenko--Maldini

It was important but not a lot.Final is better than a record

Signature
Thanks Sheva and good luck
Maldini shows us the way to win others titles
Forza Milan
zantetsuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 02:30   #24
r3dman
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Nesta - Maldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantetsuken
It was important but not a lot.Final is better than a record
Agreed! I'm really curious how he feels about it though. By the way is your nickname from the FF8 summon (Zantetsuken)?

Signature

Moratti...tutto ciň che tocca, si trasforma in merda!
r3dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 10:00   #25
ics_rk
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato

Yeah but it is better if we can go through to the final and keep the cleansheet record! I hope Dida will play well against Juve!!

FORZA DIDA!!
FORZA MILAN!!

Signature
== Simply Milan is the best ==
==== Milanisti Indonesia ====
ics_rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2005, 03:38   #26
Beemer
AC Milan Icon

From JTW (Journal of Turkish Weekly) News:

AC Milan goalkeeper Dida kept a clean sheet in the 2003 final. One more hour without a goal conceded will give him 180 minutes in Champions League finals without a goal against.
Only five goalkeepers have achieved three hours in the final without a goal against, the record being 276 minutes by Bayern Munich's Sepp Maier across three finals in the 1970s. The last to achieve this was AC Milan goalkeeper Giovanni Galli who kept clean sheets in the 1989 and 1990 finals.
Old 27-05-2005, 11:29   #27
sirpecks
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: Sheva, Dida, Maldini, weah, baresi
Default Dida

Last night in the midst of my depression a new theory came up! Ever since Dida was hit by the flare thrown by that BEEEPING BEEEPING BEEPING holigan (no one whoa cted like him good be called a supporter or fan of any club even JUVE) Dida has been letting silly mistakes and goal in. I think he must be traumatised or something co he plaed amazinlg before that incident, he made amazing saves agains MAN UTD and loads other matches. I don t blame him for anything, but if he is mentally wounded or scared he should seek help or take a rest! maybe the summer will do it!? i hope so cos he s amazing goalie and i respect him so much! any1 who got a great shock of flare hitting them on the head must be a scary moment and msut be scared mentally if not physically!
if he s traunmatised or scared i hope he gets better and comes back next season playing for milan and being the great legend the he should be though as!
sirpecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2005, 22:46   #28
Seamus
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Anyone playing for AC Milan

This is now the 'Official: Nelson Dida Thread'

Signature
Be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one; enemy to none.
- Benjamin Franklin -

A slip of the foot you may soon recover, but a slip of the tongue you may never get over.
- Benjamin Franklin -
Seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2005, 17:31   #29
NeSTa_86
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: |*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|

Dida made very good 2 seasons and i hope that he will continued to play in this way

Signature
Bulgarian fan site of AC Milan
http://acmilan-bg.com http://acmilan-bg.com
Here you will find a lot of pictures, news, videos and so on.
FORZA MILAN
NeSTa_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 10:15   #30
Gilardino Jr
Banned

Fav. Players: Shevchenko , Maldini ,Gilardino , Nesta , Karimi , Owen , Shearer ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeSTa_86
Dida made very good 2 seasons and i hope that he will continued to play in this way
yeah man but i was devastated when psv scored 3 past him and then liverpool too his champions league was ruined conceided 9..... 6 in the last 2 games but still hes great goalkeeper
Gilardino Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 11:01   #31
MaGasTeR
Pride of Yorkshire

Fav. Players: Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilardino Jr
yeah man but i was devastated when psv scored 3 past him and then liverpool too his champions league was ruined conceided 9..... 6 in the last 2 games but still hes great goalkeeper
it wasnt his fault.
MaGasTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 22:03   #32
Gilardino Jr
Banned

Fav. Players: Shevchenko , Maldini ,Gilardino , Nesta , Karimi , Owen , Shearer ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaGasTeR
it wasnt his fault.
yeah man great goalkeeper but i was behind him all the way and i as i mentioned before was devastated anyways dont mean to be rude but whos fault do u think it was
Old 06-08-2005, 13:04   #33
MaGasTeR
Pride of Yorkshire

Fav. Players: Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini

Quote:
i as i mentioned before was devastated
true
Quote:
whos fault do u think it was
our defence i presume, certainly cafu made a mistake @ 2nd goal for psv.
MaGasTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 20:14   #34
Gilardino Jr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaGasTeR
true

our defence i presume, certainly cafu made a mistake @ 2nd goal for psv.
lol i watched the whole of every milan game but my dad said to me come other room and eat when i was coming back to the front room i heard a cheer and thought oh yeah weve scored come back to see theyr in the match 2 - 2
Old 07-08-2005, 02:47   #35
Beemer
AC Milan Icon

He definitely wasn't to blame for the Trezeguet goal that handed Juve the Scudetto, and the 3rd Liverpool goal in the CL final. The defense fell asleep at the wheel on both occasions. To blatanly pin the loss of both the Scudetto and the CL final on him (as some guy - can't remember his name - did on another thread) is absolutely ridiculous.

I can't find the link anymore but German soccer magazine Kicker named him the top goalie in their list of the best 11 players of the Confederations Cup. He turned in a solid, unspectacular performance while letting in four goals in four appearances (Marcos filled his shoes against Japan), which likely would have been cut in half had it not been for occasional lapses in the Brazilian defense. In contrast, Ollie Kahn let in six in two appearances. Ouch.

(I'm willing to bet that Mexico's Oswaldo Sanchez would've been given top goalie honors instead had he not coughed up four goals in the 3rd-place match against Germany. But I digress.)

Last edited by BMWTaylor; 07-08-2005 at 02:58.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:06   #36
NeSTa_86
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: |*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|

why dida doesn't play in the friendlies?

Signature
Bulgarian fan site of AC Milan
http://acmilan-bg.com http://acmilan-bg.com
Here you will find a lot of pictures, news, videos and so on.
FORZA MILAN
NeSTa_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 10:55   #37
Gilardino Jr
Banned

Quote:
whats wrong its a good thing man he keeps his fitness proper doesnt risk injuries
Old 09-08-2005, 04:07   #38
Beemer
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Both he and Kaka were given extra time off because they played in the Confederations Cup.

I'd rather have them rested for the regular season than bust their butts and risk injury during a few meaningless friendlies.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:43   #39
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

Quote:
Mate it wasnt Dida's fault on either of the 3 goals.

Stam was to blame on the first goal when Gerrard beat him to the ball in the air he didnt even mark him properly plus the ball ended up in the top right hand corner impossible to stop.

Second goal, well wasnt even a goal the lines man had his flag up signalling offside which the defenders and Dida probably saw .

Third goal pfft a bullshit penately which Dida as a result saved and unfortunately some tosser scored from it which he could do nothing about!

Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 05:44   #40
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWTaylor
He definitely wasn't to blame for the Trezeguet goal that handed Juve the Scudetto, and the 3rd Liverpool goal in the CL final. The defense fell asleep at the wheel on both occasions. To blatanly pin the loss of both the Scudetto and the CL final on him (as some guy - can't remember his name - did on another thread) is absolutely ridiculous.

I can't find the link anymore but German soccer magazine Kicker named him the top goalie in their list of the best 11 players of the Confederations Cup. He turned in a solid, unspectacular performance while letting in four goals in four appearances (Marcos filled his shoes against Japan), which likely would have been cut in half had it not been for occasional lapses in the Brazilian defense. In contrast, Ollie Kahn let in six in two appearances. Ouch.

(I'm willing to bet that Mexico's Oswaldo Sanchez would've been given top goalie honors instead had he not coughed up four goals in the 3rd-place match against Germany. But I digress.)
He wasnt to blame for the Trez goal mate, for a starter the cross from DL shouldnt of came in and Stam wtf was he doing again didnt pick up Trez for a simple finish!

Stop bagging him out he was our most consistent player all year

Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote