Hernan Crespo Thread

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
redondo said:
"objective" view is hernán gole was fluke.i wonder what kind of taste of fútbol you enjoy.
"non subjective" view is what made ya think again and call it a "ok" goal which ya called fluke 2 hours ago.
i winder when ya see it ya will change from ok to "spectecular chip" :tongue:

Mi gusto en fútbol es fantástico, non te preocupa. There is more reason to worry about you, since you seem to play dumb now :o

So here, for you, exclusively.. no wait, for your new sidekick too:

'Fluke' + 'OK' + even 'spectacular' aren't mutually exclusive. Remember Ibrahimovic's back-heel flick against Italy ? :o

Hernan's goal was a fluke + OK, think a while, maybe you'll get it :o

:D

Last edited:

Marco Azzuri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Passion are you actually a girl?

And yes I agree Crespo is finished, his stats are misleading he has the goals but they are all flukes. Like the one he scorred at Lazio. He did nothing the whole damn game! nothing! and then out of no where he get's gifted and everybody wants him to stay.

Any time he is gifted with a beautiful pass from either Sheva or KaKA he tends to waste them, the only way he can score is if the goal keeper screws up or the ball hits the post.

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso
Oh, come on. All his goals are flukes? What was he attempting to do before he looped a header past Howard at the San Siro? Head it back towards Kaka, perhaps? A fluke is when a ball goes into the back of the net off a player's ass or off the back of his head when he's not looking. I certainly wouldn't class Crespo as a flukey goalscorer.

And as for doing nothing for the whole game against Lazio - apart from scoring, SO? The entire Milan team could have been guilty of doing nothing in that match, apart from Sheva, but at least when an opportunity finally presented itself, Crespo found the back of the net.

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
It's been about two months since I was last on here to post and I'm astonished this is still a topic of much debate. Funny really.

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
kujta_nesta13 said:
i think she's worried coz crespo is and will be sheva's partner in atack and not inzaghi
no, it's a different whole context. It does not seems to be like you've assumed from these posts. she stated that goal x Germany was a fluke. I had the chance to watch the recording of that game. He was not too good and lacked pace. He couldn't combine with Riquelme (who himself was below par), but late in the second half he got a picture perfect long ball from Cambiaso and caught Germans napping. It was a fine chip, certainly good goal. But if you've seen all game you should remember face expressions of Riquelme who was yelling at him for most part of the game for lack of pace + not been able to read his provided balls. I think i know what she's trying to say because I'm sure Passion has seen the whole game (live or delayed) and not just the "spectecular" goal.

Redondo called it bias and subjective but to be honest it is anything but not that + it contradicts Redondo himself who has many times in the forum has said he does not want Crespo in the national team + many other things about Crespo (i won't bother going in detail to that)

Coming back on worry of Crespo partenering next season with Sheva, it's not really a worry as most of us want Gilardino not Crespo.

last but not the least, there is no need to post personaly judged notes on other members.

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
obviously what happens here is pippo lovers hate crespo since he might just take pippo's spot even if pippo is fully recovered... and crespo lovers hate pippo for possibly doing the same thing.. the implication? well, u each pippo and crespo lovers writing craps about this whole thing while nobody in milan organization seems to even care about it, apparently they only look to the present condition and frankly, crespo might just have future with milan... this of course does not imply that i'm a crespo lover or pippo hater :D
but seriously, i'd rather see sheva alone than playing with any of them, hehehe

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
mtfco said:
obviously what happens here is pippo lovers hate crespo since he might just take pippo's spot even if pippo is fully recovered... and crespo lovers hate pippo for possibly doing the same thing..
First, part with this silly concept of 'pippo lovers', at least when talking of me. This is not in the least about personal preferences + if it is for some, well, my personal preference is Milan + therefore I don't have the slightest problem to accept Crespo's contributions so far + for the good of Milan I hope he will score a few more during Sheva's + Inzaghi's absence. Still I also have my own very good eyes to see + whoever denies here that Crespo's condition is absolutely sub-par + he doesn't manage to do jack-shit without pinpoint assists + even then wastes, wastes, wastes, that he is no real threat to any defense as he doesn't move well, that he is offline a ton more than Inzaghi has ever been without being equally dangerous... whoever denies the obvious is dishonest or absolutely clueless.

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
...that he is offline a ton more than Inzaghi has ever been without being equally dangerous...

Crespo doesn't surf the net as regularly as Inzaghi so he's not as dangerous? Brilliant! I imagine that you would need to be online to inflict any sort of damage, eh?

Give us a smile, Passion.

Before I read one of yesterday's posts, which alluded to your female status, I had already an image built up in my head of a bitter old man typing away furiously throughout the day, empty bottles of Jack Daniels cast either of your PC, a veritable who's who of world class player's posters adorning your walls with bulleyes in the centre ready for that fatal dart.

But Alas, I was wrong. You must forgive my earlier assumptions.

I will say this, however, I do feel that a fully fit Inzaghi is a far better option than Crespo, but that is not to say that Crespo is not a quality striker and that he is 'sub-par'. And BTW, I wouldn't consider myself 'clueless' or 'dishonest' my German-based friend. But would you consider yourself to be mildly to moderately dogmatic with just a smidgen of infallibility thrown in
?

?

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
he is offline a ton more than Inzaghi has ever been without being equally dangerous...
I certainly could have said that better but English is not my first language + it leaves a bit to be desired especially when I'm carb-deprived (i.e. went without breakfast). I'm gonna have lunch now.

You think I should start plastering my walls with posters now ? I didn't even do it when I was 10. Anything else you wanted to say, Cagney ? Btw, I leave the liquor to the Irish. Do you have a brother, by any chance ?

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I do indeed and would you believe his name is James? Seriously, it's true!

Not all us Irish are alcoholics, you know. Occasionally, if you look hard enough, you can see sober people walking up and down the street.
I stress 'occasionally' and they're more than likely waiting for the pub to open.
And this collective national shortcoming pointed out by a resident of a country that celebrates 'beer festivals'.

Charming.

P.S. Genießen Sie Ihr Mittagessen.

Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
First, part with this silly concept of 'pippo lovers', at least when talking of me. This is not in the least about personal preferences + if it is for some, well, my personal preference is Milan + therefore I don't have the slightest problem to accept Crespo's contributions so far + for the good of Milan I hope he will score a few more during Sheva's + Inzaghi's absence. Still I also have my own very good eyes to see + whoever denies here that Crespo's condition is absolutely sub-par + he doesn't manage to do jack-shit without pinpoint assists + even then wastes, wastes, wastes, that he is no real threat to any defense as he doesn't move well, that he is offline a ton more than Inzaghi has ever been without being equally dangerous... whoever denies the obvious is dishonest or absolutely clueless.
yeah yeah,we are all stupid,everyone...carlo too,huh?
i think u should be milan's coach not that guy who loves hernan so much that he plays him as the only striker in the most important matches :D ,sorry but i think u'r obsessed with inzaghi

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
cagney said:
And this collective national shortcoming pointed out by a resident of a country that celebrates 'beer festivals'.
Not 'the country' does, Bavaria does. That's a country within the country, sort of, that I'm not associated with, thankfully.

cagney said:
Charming.
I know. It's one of my best traits.

cagney said:
P.S. Genießen Sie Ihr Mittagessen.
A bit formal all of a sudden, but thanks anyway.

kujta_nesta13 said:
yeah yeah,we are all stupid,everyone...carlo too,huh?
i think u should be milan's coach not that guy who loves hernan so much that he plays him as the only striker in the most important matches ,sorry but i think u'r obsessed with inzaghi
Wow, 8 posts under the belt + already shooting sharp.. Ancelotti has no choice. JDT sucks this season, more than ever. You would have noticed if you were less obsessed with my alleged obsession.

Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Not 'the country' does, Bavaria does. That's a country within the country, sort of, that I'm not associated with, thankfully.

I know. It's one of my best traits.

A bit formal all of a sudden, but thanks anyway.

Wow, 8 posts under the belt + already shooting sharp.. Ancelotti has no choice. JDT sucks this season, more than ever. You would have noticed if you were less obsessed with my alleged obsession.
JDT sucks,and that's coz he doesn't get that many chances to play...and guess why???,it's because hernan is far better then both JDT and Pippo

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Still I also have my own very good eyes to see + whoever denies here that Crespo's condition is absolutely sub-par + he doesn't manage to do jack-shit without pinpoint assists + even then wastes, wastes, wastes, that he is no real threat to any defense as he doesn't move well, that he is offline a ton more than Inzaghi has ever been without being equally dangerous... whoever denies the obvious is dishonest or absolutely clueless.

you want to talk about being honest and you said that crespo doesnt do jack shit without pinpoint assits? lol! thats the biggest bunch of crape ive ever had! 99% of pippo's goals have been from pin point assits! Ill admit, crespo hasnt been the same player he was before. But he is still better then pippo. Pippo hasnt done anything for 2 years!

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ah look, there's a thread on Crespo + who shows up to turn it into a Pippo discussion ? Menon + his sidekicks...

Damn, this is getting sooooo old, can't you think of something new ?

Btw, how's Superman these days ?

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
I'd suggest those anti-Crespo people save themselves some dignity and talk about something/someone else.

Crespo's scoring, Milan management seem to want to make the move permanent and Milan are winning.

You just look silly.

Reaction score
yeah..it looks like milan will try to keep crespo, permenantly..i just hope it wont happen though..IMO, a fully fit inzaghi is better in terms of scoring goals (or perhaps wont miss too many chances) than crespo..and knowing that gilardino is coming to milan, there's gonna be only 1 place for these strikers in the starting eleven to partner sheva next season..however, the reality is that milan want crespo and crespo wants to stay at milan whether we like it or not..but im positive that once pippo is back (fit 100%), he's gonna fight for his place in the starting eleven and perhaps score loads of goals like he used to..

Reaction score
DOnt agree

San Paolo said:
i think you should role up some footage of this bloke at his days at Parma and you will eat your words, he does possess great skills for a striker he hasnt been at top fitness and he is there atm and playing well, why you complaing that goal against Man U was a spectacular goal fantastic header.

Dont agree...u cannot speak about his past days at parma,,,crespos days are ending now....coz if we stay going back to crespos time at parma y dont we go back and rui costa's time at fiorentina..he doesnt do one tenth with milan of what he used to do with fiorentina...we cannot compare a 30 year old current form with his form 8 years ago...at 30 hes start heading for a own fall not an increase in form...i would just love to have recoba on the bench as a sub for gilardino...how dnt inter realise recobas potential...inters job is just to ruin a players future..i wouldnt mind miccoli too

Reaction score
No!!

cagney said:
Oh, come on. All his goals are flukes? What was he attempting to do before he looped a header past Howard at the San Siro? Head it back towards Kaka, perhaps? A fluke is when a ball goes into the back of the net off a player's ass or off the back of his head when he's not looking. I certainly wouldn't class Crespo as a flukey goalscorer.

And as for doing nothing for the whole game against Lazio - apart from scoring, SO? The entire Milan team could have been guilty of doing nothing in that match, apart from Sheva, but at least when an opportunity finally presented itself, Crespo found the back of the net.

Sorry to get u back on this one...but striker cant just wait and wait to score a goal...he has to be able to create a goal for others....not only himself...look at shevcenko and kaka...they create goals for others not just sit and wait on the edge of the offside line to be given a pass....and by creating a goal i dnt mean by just a pass..i mean by movements....Movimental Feints.....thrust me i know what im saying...ive played leage football for the past 12 years..and this season with milan we havent won a game with a large score line just because of crespo...we always find that lucky goal..example..pirlo on the 92nd minute about a week ago..kakas fluke against inter...were not building up goal scoring chances...and its not not because of our midfield...its because out striker crepo doesnt open up the defence for our midfielders to penetrate...hence...machester vs milan 1st round...where was crespo?? lazing infront of the goal keeper...luckily the goal keeper did a mistake...and dnt give me the shit of...''what if he wasnt there'' coz if he wasnt there we probably would have scored more than 1 VERY VERY LUCKY goal....i love milan and i dnt know my milan winning only with 1 goal margin...

Reaction score
Please??

savicevic10 said:
I'd suggest those anti-Crespo people save themselves some dignity and talk about something/someone else.

Crespo's scoring, Milan management seem to want to make the move permanent and Milan are winning.

You just look silly.

Please before u speak about dignity...look at milans recent run of forms regarding goals per match!!!!Crespo just doesnt move...what u crespo lovers have to realise is that crespo cannot improve...he can only go worse...we need to invest in young strikers....gilardino now...robinho and fabiano...Crespo has past his time since he left parma...Inter striker 9 or 10 goals in 1 season which is very bad..coz 10 goals from a top serie a team come from a midfielder....3 or 4 goals at Chelsea...I know what u Crespo lovers feel...even i am a very bid admirer of Crespo...but his time has passed...he cannot certainly be in the 1st eleven...if he were to stay i would only like to see him on the bench nothing more...i dnt think milan should invest in him...at his age its only a waste of money...they should invest in the young with little money like robinhi whos a wonder kid like kaka...hes as good as crespo if not better and will become like sheva in the future...so plz dnt go speaking about dignity to me..thank u

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Ah look, there's a thread on Crespo + who shows up to turn it into a Pippo discussion ? Menon + his sidekicks...

Damn, this is getting sooooo old, can't you think of something new ?

Btw, how's Superman these days ?

you're talking about post getting old? once again, speak for you're self! You have been bashing cresposince the start of the season and its getting boring! perhaps 1000 of you're 4000 post is dedicated to bashing him! anyway superman is fine. Hows ur buddy my milan? :)

Reaction score
matthias said:
Sorry to get u back on this one...but striker cant just wait and wait to score a goal......

Every player has his own traits, and you just cant go on and say, strikers are not there to wait and score a goal, thats what they are there for. Score a goal. People like Batistuta, Vieri, Pippo, Ruud, and crespo himself, all of these strikers possess the same traits. As much time as you have played league football, you should know that, any two of these players mentioned above can never partner in a strike partnership. There can never be a batistuta+crepo or crespo+pippo partnership, why? well figure it out, because they possess the same traits, they drop back in times of corner, and thats about it really, they are not assisters, which shevchenko is. Shevchenko can assist, and finish and thats why he can partner any of these strikers or even can play as a lone striker. The thing for me is, Crespo has saved milan more than twice this season, be his first season with this club, with these players, with us the fans. Calling his goals fluke, or lucky, doesnot mean a thing, because they are all goals. Every goal is lucky from the scorers point of view, and unlucky from the oppositions. As much as I adore Crespo, but i tend to be logical as well, so come'on, hand this guy some admiration, atleast for the things which he has done for us atleast.

regards

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Some people here don't get that Crespo is not a good deal, since he won't come for cheap, is 30 in the summer + physically he is not the guy anymore that he was at 22/23 (stop living in the past, San Paolo). So why bother + waste a lot of money on him ? What's so special about his goals this season ? JDT scored approx. the same number last year + yet everyone is happy to let him go. Crespo will most likely share Jon's fate should Gilardino arrive, yet we'll be stuck with him for the rest of his career, paying a huge salary, having payed a crazy asking price + having most likely given away some other players as part of the deal that we need to replace too. Can't you think logically + long-term ? This is not about pro or anti-Crespo bias but about using your brain :o

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
matthias said:
.....thrust me i know what im saying...ive played leage football for the past 12 years.....i would just love to have recoba on the bench as a sub for gilardino...how dnt inter realise recobas potential...

Thanks for the offer but I won't bother thrusting you, not really my scene.

A bit paradoxical, Matthias, insisting that you know what you're saying and then praising a hugely overpaid, hugely inconsistent player like Recoba. The reason his potential wasn't realised is that he only has the ability to play a good game once every 2 or 3 months. End of story.

You've played in Serie A for the past 12 years? Or is it the Bundesliga? Please enlighten me.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
cagney said:
(...) Recoba. The reason his potential wasn't realised is that he only has the ability to play a good game once every 2 or 3 months. End of story.
I certainly agree on that one................. though some might jump to his defense + argue he's only another victim of the Inter curse + at Milan he would shine :o

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Quite possibly. And it seems to have an opposite effect on players departing Milan for Inter, e.g Francesco Coco, 'Guly' & Thomas Helveg.

;)

acm7

Primavera
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Some people here don't get that Crespo is not a good deal, since he won't come for cheap, is 30 in the summer + physically he is not the guy anymore that he was at 22/23 (stop living in the past, San Paolo). So why bother + waste a lot of money on him ? What's so special about his goals this season ? JDT scored approx. the same number last year + yet everyone is happy to let him go. Crespo will most likely share Jon's fate should Gilardino arrive, yet we'll be stuck with him for the rest of his career, paying a huge salary, having payed a crazy asking price + having most likely given away some other players as part of the deal that we need to replace too. Can't you think logically + long-term ? This is not about pro or anti-Crespo bias but about using your brain :o
:star: Congrats. You have broken the record for the most wild assed assumptions in a single post! :star:
:D