The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 15-07-2012, 23:43   #281
ikita
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
I want De Sciglio given an honest chance. If we'd sign amazing full-backs, okay, he can be their backup, but with our junk I'd pick De Sciglio first.
+ iNFINITY

Signature
Anytime, anywhere, baby boy, I can misbehave
ikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 00:45   #282
olEe
Nicole, Ti Amo.

Quote:
I want De Sciglio given an honest chance. If we'd sign amazing full-backs, okay, he can be their backup, but with our junk I'd pick De Sciglio first.
Yeah, agree there.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
and... traore?! WTF is a traore?
olEe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 00:58   #283
Youth
World Cup Winner

It seems he is the first choice for Abate's backup (with possibility De Sciglio could be starter if Abate looses his focus in keeping good performance). He has big chance to get games as left fullback if Taiwo and Didac move from Milanello (I hope only Taiwo does and Didac competes with Atonini to be first team player for left back).
Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 01:03   #284
AndreiX
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Allen Iverson

I read somewhere that he can play:
RB----CB----CB----LB and sometimes as a Midfielder (not only LM/RM)
AndreiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 01:04   #285
Pedro
iedereen is gek

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiX View Post
He can play sometimes as a midfielder? When?
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 01:08   #286
Youth
World Cup Winner

Quote:
He can play sometimes as a midfielder? When?
I think he did play in midfield when he played with junior team (he got sent off) against Rep. Ireland IIRC
Old 16-07-2012, 03:11   #287
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Pippo, Forlan, Alex Morgan <3, Pato

Quote:
We should use De Sciglio often, especially against weaker teams, with playing time he can become similar to Maldini, if the doesn't get playing time he will become similar to Bonera or Antonini + He will become a threat to both Abate and Antonini/Emanuelson motivating them play better
saying that he can become similar to Maldini is naive. Maldini is the best LB ever. to say that he could be at his level is a huge stretch

He should get a chance at LB though, he deserves game time

Signature
SpartanMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 03:19   #288
AndreiX
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanMilan View Post
saying that he can become similar to Maldini is naive. Maldini is the best LB ever. to say that he could be at his level is a huge stretch

He should get a chance at LB though, he deserves game time
i only said i hope he can become SIMILAR to Maldini, we need a Primavera player to step in the 1st eleven and be an example to the others, we need that, we need to believe that our Primavera players are able to break into the first team. That would also give Primavera players confidence.
Maldini wasn't just an amazing player, he also was a symbol to all the young players out there, that's what we need now...
Old 16-07-2012, 04:21   #289
Sven
Super Moderator

Quote:
i only said i hope he can become SIMILAR to Maldini, we need a Primavera player to step in the 1st eleven and be an example to the others, we need that, we need to believe that our Primavera players are able to break into the first team. That would also give Primavera players confidence.
Maldini wasn't just an amazing player, he also was a symbol to all the young players out there, that's what we need now...
Abate and Antonini?
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 04:28   #290
Australiano1980
Star Wars VIII blows

Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Baresi, Desailly, Gullit, Romario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
Abate and Antonini?
example leading us

but to where?

Signature
Australiano1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 04:53   #291
belloefamoso
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
i alway dream about primavera players to step in the 1 st eleven every season. for long time milan's Primavera hasn't been produced good player as baresi, maldini... 2 years ago, we had Strasser, Merkel. the Both one is good player and very promising. But now Strasser always injure and he appears limit potential. Merkel has enormous potential but he was sold to Genoa.
Now i hope Sciglio and Cristante will have more time in first team.
belloefamoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 05:30   #292
Youth
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Abate and Antonini?
We hope better than them of course. Antonini came first then came Abate who in my opinion is better than Antonini in general skill and ability needed by fullback in Italian team like AC Milan. Seeing we have been investing more than before in youth, it is expected more of our products step in and become first team player of Milan.

For now it is just too early to judge in what level De Sciglio will develop into, for me who loves youth development is happy enough to see we have probably first (at least second after Bonera) choice for sub player in RB position. I don't dream he will be starter but I hope will get more games from Allegri.
Old 16-07-2012, 10:34   #293
AndreiX
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Abate and Antonini?
Yes but they were lucky, not talent, when they came back from Empoli both were close to s**t(abate had just speed, antonini just heart) but we needed a RB and a LB that was willing learn and to prove himself , I think Tassoti dedicated a lot of his time to these fellas during that period of time.
But you know what's the biggest problem IMO, we got them after they played for Empoli, meanwhile Barcelona gives their youths to teams like Arsenal(Fabregas), ManU(Pique). Our best youth products are lucky to play in Serie B(with very very few exceptions like Matri, Miccoli, Paloschi)

Last edited by AndreiX; 16-07-2012 at 10:36.
Old 16-07-2012, 12:37   #294
MilanCampeador
Senior Team Member

Quote:
But you know what's the biggest problem IMO, we got them after they played for Empoli, meanwhile Barcelona gives their youths to teams like Arsenal(Fabregas), ManU(Pique). Our best youth products are lucky to play in Serie B(with very very few exceptions like Matri, Miccoli, Paloschi)
Well, to be fair, Barca had to pay about 35 mil to get Cesc back, that way it's a lot easier to stall prospects at big clubs
MilanCampeador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 13:57   #295
olEe
Nicole, Ti Amo.

Quote:
No, he can not play CB. End of story.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
and... traore?! WTF is a traore?
olEe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 21:48   #296
Crashie
World Cup Winner

He is a back can't play center. He should be given a honest chance because the kid looks promising.

Signature

ZLATAN 'THE KING' IBRAHIMOVIC

IN RED AND BLACK I TRUST
[ FAN SINCE 2002 ]

BRIGATE ROSSONERI AC MILAN 1899
7 x UEFA Champions League
18 x Scudetto Serie A
Crashie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 22:47   #297
ikita
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta.

let's go wenger on his arse and start him every match.

DE SCIGLIO!!!!!!!DE SCIGLIO!!!!!!!DE SCIGLIO!!!!!!!DE SCIGLIO!!!!!!!DE SCIGLIO!!!!!!!DE SCIGLIO!!!!!!!DE SCIGLIO!!!!!!!DE SCIGLIO!!!!!!!DE SCIGLIO!!!!!!!DE SCIGLIO!!!!!!!DE SCIGLIO!!!!!!!DE SCIGLIO!!!!!!!DE SCIGLIO!!!!!!!

I'm very serious at this point. i'm probably over the edge too. ahahahahahahahahahahahahhahah

Signature
Anytime, anywhere, baby boy, I can misbehave
ikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 23:36   #298
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Pippo, Forlan, Alex Morgan <3, Pato

Quote:
Originally Posted by olEe View Post
No, he can not play CB. End of story.
Quote:
Quote: “De Sciglio is a versatile player. He can play both on the right and on the left in the defence and he can also play in the midfield,” Evani, who played for Milan for 13 years, told Tuttomercatoweb today (Sunday). “De Sciglio could even be used as a central defender even though he’s still lacking physical strength.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Evani knows better. Just needs to bulk up, could play centrally in a couple of years

Signature
SpartanMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 23:46   #299
Pedro
iedereen is gek

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen

Our anchor for the new season?
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 23:55   #300
blaze
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Ibrahimovic, El Shaarawy, T.Silva, Nesta, De Sciglio, Balotelli, Neymar, Pimp C, Bun B

Quote:
Our anchor for the new season?
yes plz

Signature
blaze is offline   Reply With Quote