Super Berlusconi + Galliani Thread

Should Galliani stay or go?

• Total voters

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
After the acquisition/transfer campaign: money in and out of the 20 clubs in Serie A

16:02 del 01 settembre

Yesterday the transfer market officially closed in Italy. This is the balance sheet of transfers/acquisitions of the 20 clubs in Serie A (million euro):

Atalanta: money out 12.5 million euro, money in 17,5 million euro = + 5 million euro
Bari: out 7 , in 0 = - 7
Bologna: out 11.5 , in 0,5 = - 11
Cagliari: out 14.5, in 1.5 = - 13
Catania: out 11.5, in 1 = - 10,5
Chievo: out 2.5 , in 0.5 = - 2
Fiorentina: out 17, in 45 = + 28
Genoa: out 72, in 37 = - 35
Inter: out 64, in 101 = + 37
Juventus: out 52, in 15 = - 37
Lazio: out 28, in 12 = - 16
Livorno: out 4, in 7 = + 3
Milan: out 30, in 85 = + 55
Napoli: out 56, in 8 = - 48
Palermo: out 14, in 5 = - 9
Parma: out 13.5, in 14.5 = + 1
Roma: out 3.5, in 21.5 = + 18
Sampdoria: out 12, in 8.5 = - 3,5
Siena: out 15, in 20 = + 5
Udinese: out 12, in 40 = + 28

Why does the T.Silva transfer get included when it was at the end of last year.

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
how much did we actually pay for Silva? he's an awesome buy!

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Who is Berlusconis daughter ??
What she do for living ?? besides screw her fathers team.

peters

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Why does the T.Silva transfer get included when it was at the end of last year.
Silva is indeed transfer of the summer, since he couldnt be signed in winter, because of our lack of foreign spots.
so theoretically, we got silva, hunt, abate, di gennaro, zigoni, onyewu and roma.
Compared with the return of nesta and boriello it really doesnt sound shitty at all!

Sadly, in truth, it is :D

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
atm, It would be amazing if we actually won the coppa italia this season.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Who is Berlusconis daughter ??
What she do for living ?? besides screw her fathers team.

If I'm not wrong, she is the president of Fininvest, the group who legally owns Milan...

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
If I'm not wrong, she is the president of Fininvest, the group who legally owns Milan...

She is the one holding the money.. i think we are not the only ones disapointed about a weak 'mercato'.. Galliani is disapointed too.

But what you gonna do or say about your boss daughter. :head:

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
AC Milan Vice-President Gialliani: Spalletti Is Good, But We Have Leonardo

'Uncle Fester' stated the Brazilian will stay with the Rossoneri, despite the free-agent status of the former Udinese boss...

Coach Luciano Spalletti resigned from Roma on Tuesday and was replaced by former Juventus tactician Claudio Ranieri.

Spalletti was linked with a move to take over Carlo Ancelotti's place at Milan during the summer before the appointment of current coach Leonardo, but vice-president Adriano Galliani has dismissed the possibility that there will be any change on the Rossoneri bench.

"I still consider him a very good coach who made Roma play well for many years, but we have Leonardo," he was quoted as saying by forzaroma.info.

Spalletti had been in charge at Roma since 2005 before he resigned, while Leonardo had been a scout and technical director for the San Siro outfit since ending his playing career.

zank

CREDIAMO18
Reaction score
Fav. Players
FB6-PM3-AN13-GG8-R70-ZI11-NEXT
TODAY'S DECLARATIONS OF ADRIANO GALLIANI
9/2/2009
MILAN - Here are the important declarations made today by Adriano Galliani who answered journalists' questions during the presentation of the Trofeo Telecom Italy Fight Against Sla in program on Monday at San Siro. Click here.
KALA AND ODDO PRESENT
9/2/2009 7:44:00 PM

Adriano Galliani's words today at San Siro: "Oddo won a lot in 2006 and 2007 and he's training well. Kaladze is OK with playing on the left of the defence, we talked about it yesterday."

(ON THE ARCHIVE PHOTO: Adriano Galliani and "Kala" Kaladze)

MILAN - Milan's delegate administrator Adriano Galliani talked about the current themes concerning the Rossoneri after the press conference to present Monday evening's charity match at San Siro.

Starting from Saturday night's derby: "The team played well for half an hour, until the penalty. Then it happened what happened, the match changed, we conceded four goals and we have to stay quiet. That is football. But in our season there hasn't been just the derby, there was also the victory at Siena against a team who won 3-1 at Cagliari on Sunday. But in football people only remember the last match. After the Luigi Berlusconi Trophy and Siena, the wind changed. Then in the comments people look at the result and then think about why this result came about. The only reality, as of today, is that Inter have four points and we have three. Nothing else.

Ronaldinho? He did well in the first league match and in the second one he played for half an hour. All these criticisms on Ronaldinho don't consider that it was a very anomalous derby. Then, after the penalty, the team gave up also because we remained with ten men, because of the problem of the substitution that wasn't made, and the way things happened. If we had remained with ten men because of a normal sending off without further repercussions, we could have organised ourselves differently. I don't want to talk about that episode, in any case.

Seedorf? No, we can't say it was Seedorf's fault, there were more factors to blame. Seedorf is a player who has done well in all our best games in the last seven years. In any case, amid all the bitterness from Saturday night, I must say thank you to our fans, who did well not to whistle and continue supporting the team."

The other themes: "Yesterday I reminded Oddo that he came in January 2007 and that a few months later we won the Champions League with him. I don't see why he can't get back to doing well. The coach is telling me he's training well, he's full of desire and good intentions. He was a World Champion in 2006 and European Champion with us in 2007.

Kaladze? When the Champions League list was made up we talked with all our international players, along with Leonardo, to see if everything was OK. We also asked if Kaladze was prepared to play on the left side of the defence, and he said yes.

Concerning the national teams, at Livorno we will be the first team to go on the pitch after the international matches, Saturday at 18.00, but there were no alternatives. It will be up to the coach to make the right selection, because the called up players will return to us on Thursday and on Friday there will be the departure for Livorno.

Cissokho? I think he's an important player, in fact he came to us to do the medical checks after Milan had reached an agreement with Porto, but I don't want to come back on this argument because in the end the player didn't come to Milan for reasons that are not technical.

Viudez's contract rescission? Certainly, not only for this operation but also for others, Milan now have a free place for a non-EU player to buy during the January transfer window."

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
9/2/2009
KALA AND ODDO PRESENT

Adriano Galliani's words today at San Siro: "Oddo won a lot in 2006 and 2007 and he's training well. Kaladze is OK with playing on the left of the defence, we talked about it yesterday."

MILAN - Milan's delegate administrator Adriano Galliani talked about the current themes concerning the Rossoneri after the press conference to present Monday evening's charity match at San Siro.

Starting from Saturday night's derby: "The team played well for half an hour, until the penalty. Then it happened what happened, the match changed, we conceded four goals and we have to stay quiet. That is football. But in our season there hasn't been just the derby, there was also the victory at Siena against a team who won 3-1 at Cagliari on Sunday. But in football people only remember the last match. After the Luigi Berlusconi Trophy and Siena, the wind changed. Then in the comments people look at the result and then think about why this result came about. The only reality, as of today, is that Inter have four points and we have three. Nothing else.

Ronaldinho? He did well in the first league match and in the second one he played for half an hour. All these criticisms on Ronaldinho don't consider that it was a very anomalous derby. Then, after the penalty, the team gave up also because we remained with ten men, because of the problem of the substitution that wasn't made, and the way things happened. If we had remained with ten men because of a normal sending off without further repercussions, we could have organised ourselves differently. I don't want to talk about that episode, in any case.

Seedorf? No, we can't say it was Seedorf's fault, there were more factors to blame. Seedorf is a player who has done well in all our best games in the last seven years. In any case, amid all the bitterness from Saturday night, I must say thank you to our fans, who did well not to whistle and continue supporting the team."

The other themes: "Yesterday I reminded Oddo that he came in January 2007 and that a few months later we won the Champions League with him. I don't see why he can't get back to doing well. The coach is telling me he's training well, he's full of desire and good intentions. He was a World Champion in 2006 and European Champion with us in 2007.

Kaladze? When the Champions League list was made up we talked with all our international players, along with Leonardo, to see if everything was OK. We also asked if Kaladze was prepared to play on the left side of the defence, and he said yes.
Concerning the national teams, at Livorno we will be the first team to go on the pitch after the international matches, Saturday at 18.00, but there were no alternatives. It will be up to the coach to make the right selection, because the called up players will return to us on Thursday and on Friday there will be the departure for Livorno.

Cissokho? I think he's an important player, in fact he came to us to do the medical checks after Milan had reached an agreement with Porto, but I don't want to come back on this argument because in the end the player didn't come to Milan for reasons that are not technical.

Viudez's contract rescission? Certainly, not only for this operation but also for others, Milan now have a free place for a non-EU player to buy during the January transfer window."

so it looks like we'll try kaladze at LB against livorno, im fine with that, we ahve to try all the players and it's good to do this in a low-risk game

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
so it looks like we'll try kaladze at LB against livorno, im fine with that, we ahve to try all the players and it's good to do this in a low-risk game

no, it looks like he's our emergecny LB incase some1 goes down... since we dont have favallinho

i'll be shocked if zambrotta or jankulovski dont start against livorno... janku can handle these teams, we dont need a defensive LB for livorno

GAMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan Players
After the acquisition/transfer campaign: money in and out of the 20 clubs in Serie A

16:02 del 01 settembre

Yesterday the transfer market officially closed in Italy. This is the balance sheet of transfers/acquisitions of the 20 clubs in Serie A (million euro):

Atalanta: money out 12.5 million euro, money in 17,5 million euro = + 5 million euro
Bari: out 7 , in 0 = - 7
Bologna: out 11.5 , in 0,5 = - 11
Cagliari: out 14.5, in 1.5 = - 13
Catania: out 11.5, in 1 = - 10,5
Chievo: out 2.5 , in 0.5 = - 2
Fiorentina: out 17, in 45 = + 28
Genoa: out 72, in 37 = - 35
Inter: out 64, in 101 = + 37
Juventus: out 52, in 15 = - 37
Lazio: out 28, in 12 = - 16
Livorno: out 4, in 7 = + 3
Milan: out 30, in 85 = + 55
Napoli: out 56, in 8 = - 48
Palermo: out 14, in 5 = - 9
Parma: out 13.5, in 14.5 = + 1
Roma: out 3.5, in 21.5 = + 18
Sampdoria: out 12, in 8.5 = - 3,5
Siena: out 15, in 20 = + 5
Udinese: out 12, in 40 = + 28

The pathetic part is that Juve only spent 22 mil more than Milan and they are light years better.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
The pathetic part is that Juve only spent 22 mil more than Milan and they are light years better.

eh, we bought huntelaar, t.silva and brought back youth. They got cannavaro, diego, melo, grosso.

I still say we got 2 out of the 3 best players (diego, silva, hunt although its too early to rate).... issue is they had a better team w/ alot more promising u25's to begin with, so truth be told they didn't need to add a lot just a few quality signings......Marcisio, de ceglie, giovinco, ariunaldo, cheillini (only 25), and on.... They also have players like amauri, iquinta who r peaking, not declining.

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Silva is indeed transfer of the summer, since he couldnt be signed in winter, because of our lack of foreign spots.
so theoretically, we got silva, hunt, abate, di gennaro, zigoni, onyewu and roma.
Compared with the return of nesta and boriello it really doesnt sound shitty at all!

Sadly, in truth, it is :D

Milan would have paid for him in December 2008 or around then though & he was a Milan player from then.

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
eh, we bought huntelaar, t.silva and brought back youth. They got cannavaro, diego, melo, grosso.

I still say we got 2 out of the 3 best players (diego, silva, hunt although its too early to rate).... issue is they had a better team w/ alot more promising u25's to begin with, so truth be told they didn't need to add a lot just a few quality signings......Marcisio, de ceglie, giovinco, ariunaldo, cheillini (only 25), and on.... They also have players like amauri, iquinta who r peaking, not declining.

oh cmon man... you've been listening to B&G's rants to much... we bought him last year...

edit: i just looked at those #'s... what the hell did we spend 30 mil on? are they including silva too?

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
oh cmon man... you've been listening to B&G's rants to much... we bought him last year...

edit: i just looked at those #'s... what the hell did we spend 30 mil on? are they including silva too?

Yes they are, that makes it complete bullshit.

Huntelaar 15 million plus Abate & Di Gennaro 5 million.

deepa_316

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Papa Slivio
9/2/2009
KALA AND ODDO PRESENT

this could be positive, a signin to look forward to or maybe a few in jan. but not feelin the non-eu guys anymore unless its some1 amazin.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
smebodyshould shoot him

please play youngsters give abate a shot :( i fuck is doing fuck belen Rodriguez

Dario_Milan_3

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Any Milan player contributing to the expected success of the side, need more good Italian players.
I thought there was already a non-EU spot available? Is he saying now there is two?

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I thought there was already a non-EU spot available? Is he saying now there is two?

we did already have one left and i dont understand how vid has anything to with anything... my understanding is that you can only bring in 2 non-eu players a season no matter what... i suspect it's just his idiocy shining through

Quinni 17

Gold Tie Hero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi, Rino, Pippo, Sheva, Pato.
We usually conduct our business in January, over recent years anyway. Got a feeling VDV will be even unhappier at Real and lookin for a route out.

A RB/LB is a must especially towards the back end of the season when the old guard start to get tired. Abit of variety would go well in our midfield.

Dario_Milan_3

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Any Milan player contributing to the expected success of the side, need more good Italian players.
we did already have one left and i dont understand how vid has anything to with anything... my understanding is that you can only bring in 2 non-eu players a season no matter what... i suspect it's just his idiocy shining through

Thanks. I suspect the same.

Diavolo_7

Il Diavolo Siciliano
Reaction score

You have to include Silva because while he was purchased in December of last year he wasn't actually available until the 09/10 season, making him an acquisition for this season not last.

I'm not defending Milan's transfer campaign by any means but the numbers do make sense.

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
You have to include Silva because while he was purchased in December of last year he wasn't actually available until the 09/10 season, making him an acquisition for this season not last.

I'm not defending Milan's transfer campaign by any means but the numbers do make sense.

how? milan payed for him in january regardless of when he was able to play for the team.... bottomline that money was spent last year so you are defending them...

Schedule