Ronaldinho Thread

So, how about Ronnie at the San Siro?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Forza Pirlo said:
What our squad needs to become invincible again is quite simple.

1 central defender- Alex
1 left back- Zambrotta
1 central midfielder-Maybe Barusso if he is as good as they say
1 striker/attacking midfielder-Ronaldinho

Just imagine that. We would tell all other teams in the champions league to BRING IT ON. It wouldnt even matter if we drew a full strenght Chelsea side or anyother team for that matter. We would give them all a run for their money.

Then we could send Grimi on loan, Sell Borriello and RO.

--------------- Dida----------------

Oddo-----Nesta-----Alex-----Zambrotta

--- Gatusso-----Pirlo-----Ambrosini/New CM

-------- Kaka-----------Ronaldinho

----------------R99------------------

This Milan side would win the next two champions league

With the above squad, do any of you have any idea of which team in the world could stop us from defending our title???

You just have to keep in mind that repeating as champions is a tougher task mentally than it is physically. All but three of those players have won the Champions League in the last two years and five of them are World Champions from last summer. Keeping your edge and playing at the same while trying to defend as champions is a very hard thing to do. I love that line-up, and I'd be thrilled to put that team up against any competition in the world; however, I think it would be better for us to invest in 5 to 6 class players (see my post in the dream signings thread) that are young and have yet to win any major tournaments. We have to have players that are driven to win, players that are willing to go balls out for every single ball just as our team did this year. Brazil is a shining example of this, aside from the crappy coach they had last year, they were as talented as any team in last year's World Cup (even though I think Italy would've beaten them if both were playing on top of their game) and yet they didn't show up to play. Overconfidence, and lack of motivation can cripple championship teams. What separates the one-time champions from the two or three time champions is motivation and dedication.
If any club can maintain it, I believe it's Milan, but an infusion of young hungry talent never hurt anyone, and I'm hoping to see Milan bring in these types of players in the summer.

DeRossi, Pazzini, Rosina, Zambrotta (good call on your part), Barzagli, and maybe someone like Quags. Alex would also be another good option, I'd love to see him as he's a young and extremely talented player. Bottom line: 6-7 players is much better than one Ronaldinho, imo!

roy_il_diavolo

L'Avvocato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Baggio,Rivera,MvB,Totti, Nesta, Del Piero, Buffon, Kaka
Milan10 said:
DeRossi, Pazzini, Rosina, Zambrotta (good call on your part), Barzagli, and maybe someone like Quags. Alex would also be another good option, I'd love to see him as he's a young and extremely talented player. Bottom line: 6-7 players is much better than one Ronaldinho, imo!

These players are not exactly hanging from trees that we can pluck em and put em in our bags.... DeRossi is as far away from joining Milan as anyone else....

fiorentina have let Toni go.... Pazzini is now their 2nd man.... not a chance to get him....

Rosina...good player but no experience at the highest level...one for the future...but here at Milan thinking about the future is left for the future.... we wont buy him...not will Toro let him go as long as they are in Serie A or some big club comes in with big money....

Zambrotta -->not coming,staying with Barca
Quags ---> over-rated
Alex-->Chelsea keeping him after the defensie jokes they pulled off this season....

1 Ronaldinho --> selling shirts for us big time... giving us back the glory days...mayb not in terms of footballing victories but definitely in the image department... and he isnt that bad a player either... but i would still prefer Eto'o if we had to buy some1 frm Barca...but Ronaldinho wouldnt be too bad eitehr...

mocha N eco

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Totti, Kaka, Essien, Gattuso, Zidane, De Rossi, Pippo, Drogba, Buffon, Cesc
Marcus said:
Kakha is an excellent LB, Maldini can also play as one and don't forget Favallinho!

The problem here is that Maldini wont be available in the first few months of the season. So, its logical to assume that our starting central defense would be Nesta-Kaladze. And then, who to play at leftback? Even with Maldini, our starting central defense right now should be Nesta-Kaladze IMO but that is another matter.
Lets be realistic. Our management will certainly not buy 2 good defenders. We would be lucky to get one. Either a leftback or a central defender. I hope we get either Zambrotta or Barzagli. Would solve defensive worries to an extent. Unlikely Roma would let go of Mexes now that the Chivu deal is almost done.

burimi

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ronaldo,kaka,van basten,...
Kaka says no to ‘Dinho Tuesday 5 June, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaka insists that Milan will fail in their bid to sign Barcelona ace Ronaldinho – but he’s hopeful that Andriy Shevchenko could return.

The Blaugrana star has been heavily paired with the Rossoneri over the past few months, while the Ukrainian may be assessing his future after his struggles at Chelsea over the last year.

“I think Milan have moved further away from Ronaldinho if compared to three months ago,” said Kaka in an interview to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I don’t think he will move here as he seems set to stay at Barcelona,” added the South American.

“As to Sheva, I really hope he comes back. I speak to him often, but unfortunately there are rules in football so you can’t just turn around and leave.

“I am sure he would already be here if the decision was only up to him, but it seems there might be some problems.

“[Barcelona’s] Samuel Eto’o is an alternative as he is a great player, but Sheva would have no difficulty in adapting immediately as he knows everyone here.”

Kaka is one of the leading contenders to win this year’s Golden Ball and he admits he didn’t expect to be in the running so soon into his career.

“I was there in 2002 when Ronaldo lifted the trophy during the celebrations for Real Madrid’s centenary. It was an incredible emotion,” explained the 25-year-old.

“I would have never imagined that I would compete for the Golden Ball at my age.

“I haven’t won it yet, but it is flattering to hear that so many important players are suggesting that I should be the winner,” continued the Champions League top scorer.

“My first objective is the Intercontinental Cup. I am aware that the Champions League is more prestigious, but the Intercontinental Cup is especially fascinating for a Brazilian.

“With regards to next season, we will compete with Inter for the Scudetto. This time there will be no point deductions to ruin the championship.”

Boss Carlo Ancelotti recently renewed his contract, which now expires in 2011 just as Kaka’s, and the player confirmed that he has no intention of leaving Milan despite Real Madrid’s courtship.

“I spoke to the Coach and I told him that together we can win everything with Milan. We have chosen our future. Real Madrid can forget about me, at least for now.”

source:
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun5e.html

gj3

Return Of The King
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Ronaldinho, C.Ronaldo, Oddo, Gourcuff
burimi said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaka insists that Milan will fail in their bid to sign Barcelona ace Ronaldinho – but he’s hopeful that Andriy Shevchenko could return.

The Blaugrana star has been heavily paired with the Rossoneri over the past few months, while the Ukrainian may be assessing his future after his struggles at Chelsea over the last year.

“I think Milan have moved further away from Ronaldinho if compared to three months ago,” said Kaka in an interview to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I don’t think he will move here as he seems set to stay at Barcelona,” added the South American.

“As to Sheva, I really hope he comes back. I speak to him often, but unfortunately there are rules in football so you can’t just turn around and leave.

“I am sure he would already be here if the decision was only up to him, but it seems there might be some problems.

“[Barcelona’s] Samuel Eto’o is an alternative as he is a great player, but Sheva would have no difficulty in adapting immediately as he knows everyone here.”

Kaka is one of the leading contenders to win this year’s Golden Ball and he admits he didn’t expect to be in the running so soon into his career.

“I was there in 2002 when Ronaldo lifted the trophy during the celebrations for Real Madrid’s centenary. It was an incredible emotion,” explained the 25-year-old.

“I would have never imagined that I would compete for the Golden Ball at my age.

“I haven’t won it yet, but it is flattering to hear that so many important players are suggesting that I should be the winner,” continued the Champions League top scorer.

“My first objective is the Intercontinental Cup. I am aware that the Champions League is more prestigious, but the Intercontinental Cup is especially fascinating for a Brazilian.

“With regards to next season, we will compete with Inter for the Scudetto. This time there will be no point deductions to ruin the championship.”

Boss Carlo Ancelotti recently renewed his contract, which now expires in 2011 just as Kaka’s, and the player confirmed that he has no intention of leaving Milan despite Real Madrid’s courtship.

“I spoke to the Coach and I told him that together we can win everything with Milan. We have chosen our future. Real Madrid can forget about me, at least for now.”

source:
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun5e.html

hope that bold part is misdone

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
Dinho won't get number 10, the lazy ass has it :)

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
I was referring to the Seleção's #10 jersey. Kaka' suddenly changes his opinion on bucky's arrival right after the friendly with England? A long shot, but probably the two aren't in the best of terms.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
gj3 said:
hope that bold part is misdone
I'm afraid it isn't. He has chosen his future + Real can forget about him... for now.

Ancelotti ha appena rinnovato il contratto.
“Ho parlato con il mister. Gli ho detto: "Abbiamo entrambi fino al 2011 per vincere tutto con il Milan". Ormai abbiamo scelto il nostro futuro”.

Quindi il Real Madrid può dimenticarsi Kakà.
“Oggi è così”.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Dunga: Ronaldinho can return to top

(Reuters) Monday 4 June 2007

Brazilian superstar Ronaldinho has been told by his national team coach Dunga to improve his fitness levels if he wants to regain the mantle of the world's best player.

"Kaka is the best player at the moment, Ronaldinho has the capability to return to the top and Robinho could be up there," Dunga was quoted as telling Catalunya Radio in the Spanish media on Monday.

"Ronaldinho lacks pace at present. He lacks that initial burst of speed that allows him to get away from rivals.

"He has to train more. A Ronaldinho at peak fitness is impossible to stop as seen last year. Technically he is better than the rest," Dunga added.

----

What was it ? 80 training sessions missed (+ counting) ? And some dud seriously tried to accuse Eto'o of a lack of team spirit... LOL

I think Milan can do better than waste silly money on signing this egotripping showpony + implementing another useless personalized fitness + diet plan.

Last edited:

Marb

Beginner
Reaction score
There is another player similiar to Ronaldinho, and maybe he could be available- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Carvalho_da_Silva
Full name Daniel da Silva Carvalho
Date of birth 1 March 1983
Place of birth Pelotas, Brazil
Height 1.8 m (5'11")
Playing position Attacking Midfielder

When CSKA won UEFA cup they played quite interesting football, with very quick counter-attack.
Carvalho would be perhaps easyer to "coexist" with kaka than ronaldinho, but i don't know how he woul adapt to italian leageu. I rememeber him as a tough player, with vision, good shoot, passing.

What do you think?

sth like:

------ronaldo/inzaghi/gila/oli-----
-------------------------kaka

-------------carvalho

--------DM-------pirlo------gatuso

janku------nesta-------CB-------oddo

--------------------dida

- players in: carvalho+CB+DMC (some italians)

Last edited:

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
I don't know much about Carvalho but I certainly wouldn't mind his teammate Vágner Love. Fantastic talent.

Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
Knocking on the heavens doorrr...yeeeye yeyeyeee :eek:

Milan plan £70m Roni raid
Thursday 14 June, 2007
channel4.com

Milan are ready to spend over £70m to bring Barcelona star Ronaldinho to the San Siro, according to the Spanish Press.

The Brazilian has yet to renew his contract with the Blaugrana and reports suggest that he might leave the Nou Camp if the Catalan outfit lose the Liga title race to rivals Real Madrid.

Marca claims that President Silvio Berlusconi has put aside £70m for the former Paris-SG ace, whose contract expires in 2010, as he hopes to see a Ronaldo, Kaka and Ronaldinho trident next term.

Spanish newspapers also reported a growing rift between the South American and his teammates, as confirmed by his refusal to attend the 2-2 draw with Espanyol last week and the fact that he walked out of training.

The player, who is once again on Milan’s wish list after teammate Samuel Eto’o stated that he would not leave Barcelona, preferred not to comment.

“Now I want to go on holiday, I will think about the future when I return,” Ronaldinho told El Mundo Deportivo.

Real Madrid transfer consultant Ernesto Bronzetti believes that a move is unlikely, mainly because of the player’s sponsorship deals.

“I don’t think Barca will sell Ronaldinho, his sponsors want him to stay in Spain,” said the football agent.

“He is sponsored by Nike and they already have Ronaldo at Milan. If it were only up to the player, things would be different,” added Bronzetti.

In the meantime, Berlusconi admitted that Milan have made an enquiry for Chelsea star Didier Drogba, but the Blues turned down the offer stating that the Ivory Coast captain is not for sale.

Quinni 17

Gold Tie Hero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi, Rino, Pippo, Sheva, Pato.
San Paolo said:
I don't know much about Carvalho but I certainly wouldn't mind his teammate Vágner Love. Fantastic talent.

the guy who has blue hair the dude looks crazy gotta say though he has impressed me

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Demerio said:
Knocking on the heavens doorrr...yeeeye yeyeyeee :eek:

Haha, me nasmea batka :D

I don't think the sponsorship deal is that much of a problem, if Ronaldinho is persuaded to move, Nike wouldn't stop him. There are plenty of solutions to such a problem, eg. Henry moving to Barca, or even Nike sponsoring Milan frtom 2008/09 (now that would be something).

A couple of years ago Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos and Figo were the biggest Nike stars, they played for Madrid which was under Adidas' hat. I don't think it would be a problem now, especially as Ronaldinho's popularity is waning and there are new stars like C. Ronaldo, Rooney already leading Nike's marketing and several others certainly coming up.

The Jet

Dovieandi se tov'ya sagat
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva-kaka-pele-MVB-Milan Legends
Funny thing i just realised. Do you guys think B+G are trying a brazilian quadruplet much like the Dutch trifecta in 80's and 90's. I mean back then it was Van Basten, Gullit and Rijkaard. Now it looks like it could be Ronaldo, Kaka, Ronaldinho and Emerson.

If we were to get them, and they're anybit as good as the previous group, we could be in for some fun times...Wouldn't put ti past them:cool:

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
The Jet said:
Funny thing i just realised. Do you guys think B+G are trying a brazilian quadruplet much like the Dutch trifecta in 80's and 90's. I mean back then it was Van Basten, Gullit and Rijkaard. Now it looks like it could be Ronaldo, Kaka, Ronaldinho and Emerson.

If we were to get them, and they're anybit as good as the previous group, we could be in for some fun times...Wouldn't put ti past them:cool:
I noticed that too:
http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showpost.php?p=354332&postcount=1416

But I don't think it will happen...

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
well he would be better than ibrahim ba at least...

dino-diavolo

passionate rounder
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Maldini, Bazdarevic, Garincha, Zubanovic, Diego Ribas,Zinedine Zidane
the quadruplet would be great, but imposible...stop dreaming folks, we cannot buy Barusso without any problems...:head:

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
burimi said:

Y'know, Kaka's great and all, but he talks too much.

He needs to start keeping his mouth shut when it comes to discussing transfers.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Switching his attentions to compatriot Kaka, he had no doubts that the Milan man would be a favourite for the award. He also expressed his happiness with new Brazil number 10's improvement.

"He is in brilliant form. He has been in the Champions League final, and has played so well," continued Ronaldinho.

"It is a real joy for me to see him in such form.

"Every year he seems to improve. I certainly see a better player every year I see him."
Ronaldinho Praises Gerrard, Hails Ever-Improving Kaka

So much for the "rift". As for the Nike problem, its not as big as they make it :o

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
San Paolo said:
Definitely, quick. Skillful. He tends to struggle playing by himself like Dunga choose to do against England. Anyway, Carvalho's got some shot on him. He smashed one past Lehmann before he had time to blink in the group stage.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
MaldiniISgod said:
Well that's easy, we'll just change our sponsor to Nike :D
Then Madrid (adidas: three stripes all hype :cool: ) would really step it up for Kaka (adidas) )

:head: :head: :head: :head: :head: :head: :head: :head: :head:

Last edited:

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
In the latest interview with Ronaldinho there is a very interesting part which has gone unnoticed by most of the reports; its the one where the reporter asks him "It is certain that you stay in Barca?" and Ronaldinho responds "I am content here, I just want to finish the season, go on holiday and then come back to work", after which the reporter asks again "In Barca, right?" and Ronnie says "I just want to continue working". :tongue:

Short, simple and unrevealing of any commitment to Barca, even at the repeated direct question. He is being more diplomatic than ever now and it might be a sign of things to come. The thing is, if Milan are going to sign Ronaldinho, its definitely not going to be soon, but after his holiday, which might explain why Milan haven't made their big signing already. Maybe we all need to be a little more patient, since we're in for a big treat in a month or two ;)

Maldini&Inzaghi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta
I love the fact Ronnie may come but 100 million EUROS!!!!

And if it falls through and noone is left to buy then what?? WE sit on the money again for another season? If not this year then next they better break the fucking bank.

With throwing money around like that I dont want to hear we can't sign anyone. Even Christ himself would come back to earth and sign for milan.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Gila#11. said:
Definitely, quick. Skillful. He tends to struggle playing by himself like Dunga choose to do against England. Anyway, Carvalho's got some shot on him. He smashed one past Lehmann before he had time to blink in the group stage.
Oh right, yeah I watched that game. He definately has a mean shot on him.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Be honest, people. WHY do you want Dinho to come to Milan? For me, the positives are far outweighed by the negatives. He wants out because his ego can't fit inside the Nou Camp anymore.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
BMWTaylor said:
Be honest, people. WHY do you want Dinho to come to Milan? For me, the positives are far outweighed by the negatives. He wants out because his ego can't fit inside the Nou Camp anymore.

Because he is a fantastic player, because Milan need exactly him, and because he would make the Serie A itself what it used to be. He acknowledged he didn't train enough in Barca this season, but in Italy the regime is different so I expect there would be no problems with that. He needs a change of setting to get back to his best again just like Ronaldo, and he would also fit perfectly in Milan's strategy and philosophy of football.

For me the positives outweigh the negatives.

Schedule